Falling For My Brother's Best...

By amourecrivain

Nobody can forget their first kiss. Even if you were only 6 years old. Especially when the person who kissed... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Extra Chapter

Chapter 21

463K 12.8K 3.3K
By amourecrivain

Falling For My Brother's Bestfriend

2012 All Rights Reserved

Chapter 21

one more thing...

CONGRATULATIONS TO ME.!!!!!!!!! I just got my diploma.!!!!!!!!!

JohnGlennHighschool ClassOf2012 graduating in Magna Cum Laude.

there I am holding my diploma ------------> so proud <3

anyways , enjoy , (:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Blair's POV

I ran out of the garden as fast as I could. Easily finding Aiden's car, I drove off to the only place I knew to go to at this moment.

Was I overreacting? I asked myself. No, he lied. A lot. He even lied about his feelings. He didn't love me, he just took me on this perfect date to cover up that huge news.

Oh my God, was it true? Is this real? My father was alive? But it's been 16 years, that's impossible.

And dammit! I had lost my virginity! To Aiden! Shit.

So many thoughts ran through my head that it started to hurt. At least the headache kept me distracted from the pain I was feeling in my chest. My eyes began to blur from the tears that started to fall. I quickly wiped them away to clear my vision as I drove into the city.

A few minutes later, I arrived at my destination. I parked the car sloppily on the drive way and stopped the engine. I took a few deep breaths, calming my nerves, and wiping the tear stains from my face before I walked to the front doors.

Ringing the door, I waited. Finally, the front door swung open and Marisa Bradley stood there with a surprised expression.

"B? What are you doing here? Is Blake or Aiden with you?" she looked behind me as if expecting for the boys to show any second.

"Dad's alive." I said. I watched her face as it went from excitement to shocked to sadness. That's when I knew that the situation about my father was the only thing Aiden didn't lie about. "It's true, then." I stated.

My mother looked at me for a moment, searching my eyes with her similar brown ones. Sighing, she stepped aside and opened the door wider for me. "Come on in."

I walked into the house without another word and sat on the couch in the flex room. I waited for her to get settled next to me and explain herself.

My heart hurt. It was thumping like crazy, as if looking for some kind of relief. But the cure wasn't here, it was stranded at the Chateau Marmont garden where I left him.

"He's not any different you know..." my Mom started. "He's still the funny, protective, and happy father you knew when you were 11."

"Why didn't anyone tell me?" I said. "Blake can know but I can't?"

My mother sat closer to me and put her hand and mine. "Honey, Blake was the one who found out. It was when I was out of town for a business trip in March and he checked up on the place and gathered the mail. A letter from the government was sent to us explaining what happened. He told me right away but he said we should wait to tell you just in case it wasn't true. 4 months later, we were convinced but we didn't know how you'd react. Blake thought he was protecting you."

"Here we go." I interupted. The sadness left and was replaced with anger. "Protecting me from what exactly? The truth? Bullshit. That wasn't his call to make. He's always finding something to 'protect' me from."

"That's cause that's my job, B." a familiar voice said. I tensed up as I turned around and saw my brother standing in the front door. Closing it, he came and stood before me. "You were shattered broken the day dad supposedly died. What if he showed up here and it wasn't the right guy? I would've gotten your hopes up for nothing and I'd have to see you all heartbroken again."

I stood up and faced him eye to eye. " That doesn't even make sense, Blake!"

"Yes, it does!"

"How?!"

"Think about it, B. First off, if I told you, you wouldn't have believed me. Second, eventually when you do, you would have an anxiety attack and woulnd't know if you should be happy or freaking out. I know you. Third, we weren't even sure it was 100% Dad since we didn't identify him yet and I just didn't want you to be disappointed."

"I deserved to know, Blake. How I would've acted is none of your concern."

"None of my concern? You're my sister for fuck's sake! I need to protect you!" my mom gasped at his language but she was still ignored.

"And by protect you mean getting Aiden to date me and lie about his feelings so this whole thing would be a soft blow? You idiot!"

I started hitting his chest with my fists as hard as I could. My brother just flexed and puffed his chest up to protect himself, but he didn't stop me. Soon enough, my hits became weak and tears fell uncontrollably and I collapsed against him.

I let him carry me over to the bigger couch and lay me down, putting my head on his lap and brushed my hair with his fingers as I cried. Our mother joined in and sat down next to my brother's legs, saying comforting words to me and patting my hand.

All I could think about was how much I needed Aiden but then I realized that he didn't even really want me to begin with.

~

When I was calmed down, Blake left to pick up Aiden, who was still stuck at the hotel. I decided it would be best to skip the last 2 days of classes and just start my Winter break early. I phoned Carly and asked her to pack some of my clothes for me and let Blake take it home to me. I told her everything and she patiently kept up, even with my constant pauses due to crying.

"Wow, it's like some kind of miracle." she said after I was done. "When do you get to see him?"

"My mom said he's being dropped off this Sunday."

"That's the day after tomorrow! Are you nervous, scared, happy?"

"All of the above." I sighed.

"You'll be okay."

Later that night, I couldn't sleep.

I thought about my dad. What was I really feeling? 90% happiness, 5% scared, 5% nervous. Obvious reason to why I was happy: my father was alive. I was scared because of how they said he was a little damaged, but of course, that wouldn't change my view on him, it was just be hard getting used to. Nervous because what if he didn't like me? What if he didn't like how I grew up or wasn't proud of me? That would just break my heart.

Then I thought about Aiden Chambers. He said he loved me. I didn't know if that was real or if it was just an act to do my idiot brother a favor.

I knew I loved him but so what? He knew how I felt about him but decided to keep the charade going and lead me to believe he felt the same when this whole time, he was just pretending.

Aiden has called and texted me this whole day, he even tried talking to me in person after Blake picked him up but I locked myself in my room, forcing my Mom to get him out of the house.

Even at 2AM, I still saw my phone beeping from the continuous harassment. I slid the phone under my bed to keep myself from the temptation of finally answering him.

~

Sunday came quicker than I thought.

I didn't leave my room unless I had to eat. My father was scheduled to be dropped off at 6 and it was already 5 in the afternoon. After taking a quick shower, I started to get ready.

I dressed casually in skinny denim jeans and a pretty blouse. I was brushing my hair when I heard the doorbell ring and my heart stopped beating.

This was it. Oh my God. Why was I so nervous? It's my Dad. But the last time I saw him was 16 years ago, when I was 11. Things have changed, I've grown up and so has he. As sad as it sounds, my own father was like a stranger to me.

I slowly descended down the main stairs. The first thing I saw was my brother and mother. Blake's arm was around her as if supporting her. Her shuddering shoulders told me that she was sobbing, even Blake seemed like he was slightly shaking. 

"Marisa, Blake. Oh my..." his voice was the same. Soothing and loving. God, how I missed that voice.

The stranger was hidden by the open front door so I couldn't see the figure. Once I reached the bottom of the stairs, Blake noticed me. He smiled a genuine smile and opened the door wider.

I looked at the man standing before me.

He was dressed in a green army suit with badges and pins stuck on the front. I noticed that he was holding a cane and remembered that he was missing half a leg but both shoes were there, under the bottom of his pants. 

I looked at his face and that's when the tears fell. A spitting image of Blake; tall with short black hair and light hazel eyes. He used to be much bigger but now, he was skinny and pale. His cheeks were scruffy looking from the unshaven stubble. I noted the huge scar on his left cheek that was located from the corner of his left eye, curved slightly to the jaw line, and stopped by his chin. 

The man smiled his signature smile, a dimple showing on his unscarred cheek, and I found myself smiling back despite the fact that I was practically crying myself a river.

Not knowing what came over me, I ran towards the man. He dropped the cane and kneeled down on his right knee, opening his arms wide. 

The force of the tigh hug almost sent us flying backwards but luckily, Blake was there to steady us.

"Daddy." I choked out in a sob.

"Hey, princess. I missed you."

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

thank you for your cute comments , votes , & support <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

177K 5.1K 72
I have three basic rules to live by Don't draw attention to myself. Make it through another year. My brother's friends are off limits. My junior year...
453 121 34
Heart-breaker Rules Rule # 1 You've got to have fun, but when you're done you've got to be the first to run. Rule # 2 Don't get too attached to s...
427K 13.7K 69
"Never, under any circumstances, tell anyone the truth." That was the number one rule. After changing their identities and starting new lives, Lydia...
302K 22.2K 111
SJ is in love with his best friend since he can remember. He is not so sure about Liam, but back when they were eighteen, they agreed to date each ot...