Too Far to Reach (Kakashi Lov...

By MonkeyChronicles1010

I DO NOT OWN NARUTO. Tomiko Kobayashi was forced to leave her dead clan with a mysterious stone when a man na... More

[1] Prologue
[2] Meeting a Visitor
[3] Fatigue
[4] Why am I Here?
[5] Hiruzen Sarutobi
[6] Neighbors
[7] The Academy
[8] Meeting Raven-Hair
[9] Transformation Jutsu...?
[10] *Bangs Head on Wall 'cause has no Chapter Naming Ideas*
[11] New Team
[12] Survival of the...Fittest?
[13] Meeting The Old Drunken Fart
[14] Trouble on the Journey
[15] Since when were there Cows in the Land of Waves!?
[16] Kakashi's Fight to the Death...with a Cow
[17] Climbing Trees Used to be My Specialty
[18] Stealing Chakra
[19] Memories
[20] Some of the Story
[21] Cow Guy Returns
[22] Enter the Stone
[23] Permanent Scar
[24] That Night
[25] Accusations
[26] Behind Bars
[27] Kakashi POV
[28] Bonding Around A Campfire
[29] Sparring Practice
[30] Revelation
[31] Broken
[32] Back to the Village
[33] An Old Face
[34] Drinking Games
[35] That Awkward Moment When You're in a Bathhouse...
[36] Confessions and A Dinner Date
[37] Yosuke's Jutsu
[38] A Speech

[27] The Search

8.6K 278 41
By MonkeyChronicles1010

With ease, I sent the chakra to my left fist. Bringing it back, I smashed the cell bars, the pieces scattering all across the ground. Before any guards could come in, I smashed the wall that lead to the outside world, sunlight shining in on me. I jumped out and just ran, not turning back, until reaching the village. I hid amongst the other people.

Great, now they really have evidence to believe that I stole the stone and killed the Kobayashi clan. How can I prove I'm innocent now? I guess leaving the Leaf and finding Yosuke Takeo myself to finish things is my best bet. The only downside is that my name and face will be plastered in all the bingo books...

I facepalmed. Wait! They only know 12-year-old Tomiko's face! There's no way that can possibly trace back to me if I change my name.

I saw the Hokage building in the distance. That must be where they're hiding the stone...if not, then I'm out of luck. I still don't have my way around this place.

I flashed up the stairs, making sure to avoid any Konoha shinobi. Surprisingly, none were really even there. They must've already discovered I escaped. They're probably sniffing me out right now.

I opened doors I wasn't supposed to and snuck down hallways I've never seen before. Yep, I was definitely alone. One door I opened lead down a staircase. This must be it.

My legs took me down the stairs, practically tip-toeing from the extremely obnoxiously loud echoing sound my feet were making. I heard a few different voices, and I peeked down at the room that was at the bottom of the stairs, avoiding being seen. I held in a gasp.

Leaf Village examiners or whatever they were called were all huddled around the purple stone, which was set on top of a stand. They were turning it and poking it with pliers and other small instruments, attempting at discovering its secrets without getting too close. Some held clipboards, recording all the new found information they would get. I could strain my eyes enough to see that they so far had nothing.

"Why does that flashing speed change?" one man asked, jotting the unanswered question down on his paper.

I smirked. I know why; it depends on all the souls that are trapped inside of it's conflicting emotions. They control the blinking.

The whole room was dark besides a single spotlight that hung over the stone and the scientists. I slid down the rest of the stairs and concealed myself in the shadows, ignoring all of the men's stupid questions that I already knew the answers to.

Trying to summon all the remaining chakra I had zapped from the stone while in my jail cell, which was depleting quickly, I shot it down to my finger tips and made some hand signs.

"Hey, scientists."

My voice startled them. I stepped out of the shadows, shooting a calmer version of the Beast Wave Palm jutsu at them, hard enough to knock them out.

"I think you have something that belongs to me." Stepping over all the men's bodies, I reached my hand up and snatched the stone, which the strap was still attached to. They probably never even touched the stone, too worried they'd turn into little girls too.

I slipped it back around my neck, and I felt the stone's chakra that was in my body before quickly deplete the rest of the way and get sucked back into the stone. A moment later, though, the stone and my chakra mingled once again in a steady balance of chakra. It felt relaxing.

"Thanks for the help Dad," I muttered, bringing a hand up to touch the stone. I then brought it up to my forehead, rubbing the Leaf headband that resided there. I never really thought much of it to really take it off or acknowledge it even, but right now I was debating whether or not to keep it. After all, after this, I won't even be a part of Konoha anymore. I'll be a "missing nin" and Kakashi and the others will think I betrayed them.

I hope Sasuke passed on the message...

I didn't touch the headband again. I'm not going to take it off; it could come in handy later. I might as well keep it with me.

I ran up the stairs, rushing through the Hokage's building like a child running through the halls at school. My face crashed against a hard chest, and I fell back, rubbing my head. A black trench coat sweeping in my face is all I saw at first. Looking up, chills creeped down my back.

It was the scary man with the scars. The man I wanted to avoid at all costs when I first got here.

"Hey kid, what're you doing in here? There's a missing prisoner, you're supposed to be gathering with my team."

"Y--Your team?" I stuttered, only a couple seconds later realizing he called me a kid. For a moment I got panicked, looking down at my body to make sure I wasn't 12 again. Nope, 23. Maybe this dude is just really really old.

"Aren't you on the team with Ibiki Morino? My team? We're capturing a girl that escaped her prison cell who killed a whole clan and stole a precious artifact."

So this was Ibiki? He was the one that was supposed to interrogate me? Wow, I'm glad I escaped. He looked crazy scary.

I felt around in my pocket to make sure the stone wasn't visible; nope, it was concealed pretty well.

"Er, yeah, I'm with your team." I laughed nervously. "Sorry, I got a little confused there for a sec..."

"Then get with the others!" he barked, and I scrambled to my feet and started fast-walking in the opposite direction. I paused in my tracks, glancing back at him.

"Um, where am I supposed to go?" I said quietly. He grunted.

"The gates of Konoha," he grumbled, pointing in the direction of the door. I gave him a grin.

"Thanks, Ibiki!" I waved, trying not to seem too shy or scared. Shyness is a weakness, why can't I keep remembering that?

So they were deploying a team to come search for me...this outta be interesting. I wonder who all is on the team? Probably just jounin.

I jumped across rooftops, keeping my pocket zipped so no one could see the stone through my jacket. Where I was supposed to go had about seven jounin standing around, prepping their weapons and supplies. One silver head of hair caught my eye.

No way! I can't believe that jerk was going on a hunt for me!

Another person that stood out the most was a strangely-dressed man with a bowl haircut and super furry eyebrows. He wore a green jumpsuit and was doing all these weird jumps to stretch his legs. He seemed to be talking to Kakashi, but was obviously being ignored. He didn't seem to notice.

I jumped down from the rooftop, my eyes scanning the crowd. Everyone dropped what they were doing and just stared.

One man pointed. "Who are you?" His buddy next to him slapped his wrist down and seethed something in his ear. All I got was "beautiful."

"I'm a new jounin..." I murmured, hoping they'd believe me. All the men just continued to stare. The one and only woman in the group stepped forward, placing a hand on my shoulder. I recognized her as one of the genin team leaders.

"Don't worry, these men are just pigs." She glared at them. "They're only staring because of your looks."

"M--My looks?" I uttered. Since when was I attractive enough to be drooled over?

"What's your name?" the woman asked. "I'm Kurenai."

"I'm To--" I stopped suddenly, thinking of some fake names. "To...Toshimi. Yeah, Toshimi."

"Welcome to the group, Toshimi." The lady smiled. Her eyes were spectacular. "Just ignore their stares, they'll get used to having only two girls on the team soon enough."

I mentally grunted. Why do they have to stare at me like I'm from another planet? It makes it harder for me to stay secretive around them. I won't have much time to myself.

I looked over at Kakashi and the man in the green jumpsuit, who was gaping at me with his jaw dropped down to the floor. Kakashi's eye just went wide, but when he saw me staring, he turned his attention back to the ground. Gee, how cute.

Making my way over, I opened my mouth to say hi, but the green-jumpsuit man stepped in front of Kakashi and made a big cheesy smile. "Hel--lo, there pretty lady! I'm Might Gai, Konoha's Prideful Green Beast."

"Um, hi...?"

"I must say you look gorgeous." He did this weird eyebrow lift. "How about after this mission we can--"

I held a hand up. "Look, it's really awesome and all that you think I'm gorgeous, but your bushy eyebrows and bowl haircut really turn me off. You should really do something about it."

His eyes bulged, and then started spilling tears. He ran away from me; I smirked and took a few steps closer to Kakashi. His eyes held curiosity.

"May I help you?" he asked kindly yet with a suspicious tone.

"I wanted to say hey," I grinned. "I'm Toshimi, and you are?"

"Kakashi." He gave me a closed-eye smile. "Nice job with handling Gai, I've never seen someone who didn't care enough to say something like that." He stopped smiling. "Well, I know one girl who probably would've..."

Is he talking about me?

"Tomiko?" I asked quietly. He just nodded.

"Yeah. She was an interesting one."

"Don't give up hope yet." I put a hand on his shoulder, gripping his flak jacket. "I doubt this girl is really a murderer and a criminal. She doesn't seem like the type."

Kakashi looked me straight in the eye. "Did you know her at all?"

"Er, no, but I read her file...She seems like a good kid."

He squinted. "You know, you kind of look like her, in a way. But an older version."

I laughed nervously. "Heh, really? I never noticed..."

He reached up to his shoulder and took my hand, gently removing it from him. There was a moment where he kept my hand in his, and I could've sworn that I felt something. He let go quickly after realizing what he was doing.

"I'm sorry," he grumbled, looking away.

"It's fine..." What was that tingly feeling I got just now? It was like...like a spark in between us. I felt connected to Kakashi in ways that I never felt with him before.

Maybe...just maybe we have something. I always got this twist in my gut when I was around him, but being 12 just made it so I was too far to reach his heart to see who he really was. Who's the real man under that mask?

A puff of smoke came from the outside of the gate. Ibiki stood there, hands in his pockets, a scowl permanently etched into his face.

"Are we all here?" he announced, and nods were seen all throughout the group. "Good. Now, let's move out!"

With those words, everyone, including me, ran out of the gates of Konoha to come on a hunt for me. They didn't know that I was in their clutches right this very second.

~~~~~

Yay! IBIKI! I would've died if I didn't put him in this story, because I just love him too much.

I HAVE A CONTEST! I want someone to maybe write a Kakashi POV for this chapter. I really wanna see how you guys interpret what he was thinking and feeling during this chapter :D I'll post it after this chapter when I find my favorite. DEADLINE WILL BE 6/9/12!!! Send it in my PMs! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

520K 17.1K 30
Suki katsureki was a misunderstood child, the only one who stood by her was her sister maki. Suki was a burden to her village, they feared and abuse...
428K 17K 87
Yoshima Senju is the princess of the Senju clan. She always has had the dream of becoming a Shinobi, but her family makes sure she's kept safe at al...
2.3K 50 13
The Tora clan has a very powerful kekkei genkai. the power to control blood and bend it to their will. Yuki Tora and her twin Brother lived in a smal...
67.6K 1.4K 23
Kamina Akiruta, a girl who suddenly appeared in the Leaf Village. No one knew anything about her nor did they know anything about her powers. She was...