Hi, I'm Skylah Riddle. [Harry...

By casseydontpreach

Skylah Riddle is a sarcastic, ornery girl who just transferred to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry... More

Hi, I'm Skylah Riddle. [Behind Enemy Lines]
Hi, I'm Sklyah Riddle. [Behind Enemy Lines]
Hi, I'm Skylah Riddle. [Behind Enemy Lines]

5.9K 109 10
By casseydontpreach

After Flint stomps off, everything quiets back down.

"That was bloody brilliant, Skylah." Brianna is still giggling. I chuckle alongside her and continue to eat, pushing the steak as far away from me as possible without being impolite; I've been a vegetarian for as long as I can remember.

"So what school are you coming from?" Pansy asks.

"Beauxbatons." I'm going to miss it.

"Why are you transferring?"

"I'm not entirely sure. My parents just told me a few days ago." She looks unsatisfied with that answer.

I look over to see Blaise and Bri gazing at each other and scoff. Relationships bring weaknesses; or maybe I'm just bitter because I'm not in one.

Just as their faces start to inch closer there is an explosion. The next thing I know people are pulling out their wands and yelling at each other. A house elf, dusty and limping from getting the brunt of the explosion, staggers in and yells, "It's the ministry!" I curse, wishing I could get involved, but Uncle is refusing to release my identity until I'm through school.

Mr. Zabini rises to his feet quickly and yells, "EVERYONE CALM DOWN AND FOLLOW MY SON TO A PORT KEY!" He rushes to barricade the dining hall doors shut. I lose my parents in all the chaos and follow the group outside and into the woods. We run up to a shovel sticking out of the ground next to a giant hole; it looks like someone was digging a grave.

Above our heads are cloaked figures on brooms; some chasing us and some fighting a few death eaters. I could have recognized a few but was soon interrupted by Blaise.

"Everyone grab hold of the person next to you. Hurry!" He yells. I latch onto someone and feel someone else doing the same to me. And then we're in the middle of nowhere.

I stand up off the ground. "Is everyone okay? Is everyone here?" One by one, people are standing and looking for their friends and family. My mother rushes over to tell me my father was left at the Zabini manor to fight off the ministry.

"Mother we have to go back!" I plead. Ever since my brother died, I've been afraid for my father.

"No, Skylah. Your father knows what he's doing." She reasons.

"Just like Gary knew what he was doing!?" At the mention of my dead brother she cringes. "I'm going back."

"Oh no you're not! I will not lose both of my children to those filthy muggle-lovers!" I watch as tears pool at the corner of my mother's eyes while a crowd starts to form around us. "You will do as I say."

"I will not. I lost him too mum... and I can't lose dad as well." I know I'm going to get it for this later, but I leave her standing there and the crowd parts for me to pass. I get to the shovel and rip the bottom half of my dress off so I can move a little easier. I feel a hand on my shoulder.

"Honey, please." My mother begs.

"I love you, Mum." I shrug her hand off and grab the port key.

...

When my feet touch the ground I start to sprint. I run towards the sounds of a battle. I pull my wand out of my hair, sending it cascading down my back and look for my father. I hear him yelling a curse and head in that direction. I'm so blind with fear for my father that I run straight into someone. I look up into red eyes; Uncle Tom.

"We have to get my father." He looks at me and says nothing, offering me a hand.

When I'm up on my feet I go to move past him and he grabs my arm.

"Your father will be fine; I will make sure of that. Find a broom and go to your mother."

"BUT MY FATHER--"

"DON'T TALK BACK TO ME. GO NOW." I turn on my heels, grunting in frustration. With people crying out in agony all around me, I make my way across the grounds and find a broom.

I fly home and when I walk through the doors I am tackled by my mother. As soon as she sees that I'm okay, her eyes narrow into slits.

"Go to your room." Her tone alone scares the hell out of me.

When I get to my room I find my window open and a letter on my bed.

Skylah,

Are you okay?

Brianna

I smile at her concern. I respond telling her that I am fine; just waiting for my father to return home. Not long after, she writes back and says she's doing the same and that she'll meet me on the train tomorrow.

At 3 am I hear the familiar 'pop' and rush downstairs and into my father's arms.

"Daddy, I'm so glad you're okay." I assess the damage; he's pretty banged up. He limps over to my mother, who takes him in her arms. When he finally falls into a deep slumber I return to my room and write to Bri.

My father just returned. Is yours home safe yet?

She replies that he just returned as well and that he is in bad shape, but will be okay.

Somewhere in between the letters to Bri and the sounds of the night outside my window I finally drift away.

When I wake up, I roll out of bed; literally. I hit the floor and grunt. I pull myself off the ground and check the time; I have two hours to get to the train station.

I go through the normal morning routine and pull on a pair of grey skinny jeans with a red t-shirt. I apply light make up and dry and straighten my hair, burning myself in the process; I still can't figure out how to magically straighten my hair. Checking myself in the mirror, I straighten my new necklace and sigh. I charm all of my things to fit into my pocket and grab a winter coat on the way out of my room.

I rush downstairs to check on my father who is still sleeping. My mother shushes me with her finger so I don't disturb him. He looks much better. She ushers me out of them room and into the kitchen.

"He just needs rest, is all. Have some breakfast and then you need to be on your way." She nods, agreeing with herself.

"You aren't coming with me?"

"No. I am to stay with your father; surely you understand that?" I was just hoping... "If your father wasn't injured, I'd be putting my energy punishing you. Go before I change my mind."

"Of course, mother."

I eat an apple and hug my mum goodbye.

Platform 9 ¾, huh? That's going to be fun to find. I'm about ready to start wondering around aimlessly when I see Pansy. I wave to her and she trots over smiling.

"Hey, Pansy! Was your night any less dramatic than mine?" She laughs when I tell her how completely lost I am. She leads the way to a wall and just walks right through it. Walks right through it. Huh. As I stand there wondering about whether or not I'm actually going to do this, I see her head come back through, followed by an arm. She laughs at my facial expression and yanks me through.

I stumble through the wall and land on my ass. People cackle with laughter as I scowl at all of them. I'm about to pull myself up off the ground when I see a hand. I take it and am hoisted up back onto my feet. When I finally look up to thank whoever offered the kind gesture, I see an arrogant smirk plastered on a very appealing face. Blonde hair and piercing blue eyes; I've seen these features before.

"You're Draco Malfoy, aren't you?" His smirk widens.

"So you've heard of me already, have you?"

"Don't flatter yourself. I know your father." He looks puzzled.

"How do you know my father?"

"He works very closely with my family." I give him a toothy smile.

His brows nit together as he tries to pick apart the meaning behind my words. I brush past him to find Blaise and Brianna just about to board the train.

"Blaise, Bri!" I wave to them while trotting over. "Hey guys, what's up?"

"Hey Sky!" They both smile. "Come on, we're going to kick some first years out of our compartment." I giggle with Bri and link arms with her. We skip down the train aisle singing some song rather loudly.

"UGH. MY EARS. MERLIN, SAVE US ALL!" Blaise yells, laughing behind us. Bri goes to one of the back compartments and throws the door open; the glass in the window breaks from the force. She gives one look to these five little kids and they take off like we have the plague.

We howl with laughter as we walk into the compartment.

"You broke the window!" I say in between giggles. Blaise comes in and rolls his eyes. He shuts the door and, with a flick of his wrist, fixes the damage.

Bri stands up and steps closer to him.

"Thank you, kind sir." She says while curtsying. I'm laughing as the door slides open and in walks Draco Malfoy.

"Bloody hell, Brianna, I could hear you two screeching like dying cats from outside." He looks between Bri and me.

"I do not sound like a dying cat!" Bri retorts. I start suppressing a laugh and they all turn to me.

"Yes you do." I say, agreeing with Draco. We're all laughing now, except for the Malfoy child, who is giving me this odd look. "Can I help you?"

"Why yes, yes you can." He slides onto the seat next to me. I stare at him blankly and then scoff. "Have I met you before?" He looks puzzled now.

"No. I'm sure you've met my family though." I say, pulling a book out of my purse.

"Who are they?"

"You figure it out." I roll my eyes then raise the book to my face.

He puts his index finger on the top of my book and pushes it down slightly so he can look into my eyes.

"Game on." He says with a smirk.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

101K 3.7K 33
Amy Riddle - your average Heir of Slytherin. Last year, she was given the task of befriending Harry Potter. This year, after going through drama, dea...
156K 2.9K 23
Harry potter is going to Hogwarts. But he's not the only one. He finds that he has a long lost sister. Follow her as she finds powers no one thought...
10.3K 295 35
There's a new Ravenclaw student at Hogwarts: the curious crown princess of England. Draco Malfoy catches her eye the day she walks in and tries his b...
498 66 25
ᡃ ᢠⁱʳ˒ᡗ ᡖᡉʳ˒ᡒⁿ Λ’α΅—α΅’Κ³ΚΈ α΅ƒα΅‡α΅’α΅˜α΅— ᡐʸ α΅’αΆœ ᡃˑᡃ˒ᡗᡒʳ Κ³β±α΅ˆα΅ˆΛ‘α΅‰ - 𝐎𝐧𝐠𝐨𝐒𝐧𝐠 - "πš‚πš•πš’πšπš‘πšŽπš›πš’πš—!" πšƒπš‘πšŽ πš‘πšŠπš πšŒπšŠπš•πš•πšŽπš 𝚘𝚞𝚝 πš‹πšŽπšπš˜πš›πšŽ πš’πš πšŒπš˜πšžπš•...