Warm Hands [Hiroomi x Akihito...

By weebakon

[#1 IN #KYOUKAINOKANATA 8/30/21] [#17 IN #ANIMEFANFIC 5/19/19 :))] [#1 IN #BEYONDTHEBOUNDARY 8/21/21] [#436 I... More

Chapter one: Warm Encounter
Chapter two: Daydreaming
Chapter three: The Walk Home
Chapter four: Get to Know, Then Judge
Chapter five: The Nase House
Chapter six: Soft Cheek
Chapter seven: Troubles and Ice Cream
Chapter eight: Indirect Confession
Chapter nine: A Date and Doubt
Chapter ten: "Glasses Make It Better"
Chapter eleven: Nightmares
Chapter twelve: Titled Words
Chapter twelve.2 [Bonus!]: Halloween
Chapter thirteen: Chilled Hands
Chapter fourteen: Help from a Little Sister
Chapter fifthteen: In Between
Chapter sixteen: A Special Place
Chapter seventeen: Patching Things Up
Chapter eighteen: Love Under the Lights [Christmas Special!]
Chapter eighteen.2: Extended
Chapter nineteen: Reserved Kiss
Chapter twenty: Defend
Chapter twenty-one: Akkey to Akkun
Chapter twenty-two: Half-Knowing
Chapter twenty-three: Uncertain
Chapter twenty-four: Learning and Growing [V-day special!]
Chapter twenty-five: What the Future Holds
Chapter twenty-six: Not Feeling Well
Chapter twenty-seven: Half-Yumo and Spirit World Warriors
Chapter twenty-eight: School Without Akihito
Chapter twenty-nine: Awake
Chapter thirty: Fear of Being Alone
Chapter thirty-one: Power
Chapter thirty-two: Spiritual Presence
Chapter thirty-three: Cold Appearance
Chapter thirty-four: Unnoticeable Things
Chapter thirty-five: Swimming in Love
Chapter thirty-six: Calm Before the Storm
Chapter thirty-seven: Losing
Chapter thirty-eight: Expanding
Chapter thirty-nine: Rice Omelet
Chapter forty: No Joke
Chapter forty-one: Thoughts
Chapter forty-two: Warm Satisfaction
Chapter forty-three: Accepted
Chapter forty-five: Containment
Chapter forty-six: Running Rage
Chapter forty-seven: Safe Haven
Chapter forty-eight: Risks for the One
(Not a Chapter)
Chapter forty-nine: Time To Finish What Was Started
Chapter fifty: Smiliar Demons
Chapter fifty-one; final: Warm Hands

Chapter forty-four: Yumo

301 10 1
By weebakon

Akihito Kanbara

Must...kill...Izumi...save...Hiroomi...must...not...lose...control...

• • •

Hiroomi Nase

My eyes flicker slightly, but my eyesight was blurred. My head automatically reached for my aching head. What happened? The pain in my back came to life and I groaned in agony. What the...? My hearing started to fade back. I could hear a roaring noise, a noise that sounded like a cry. I managed to turn my head around and could see Akihito.

Akihito...! My voice is mute, I can not speak out to him. My vision refocuses and I can see the details now. His yumo side is completely visible. His sharp nails, his dark glare, his aura changed all together. An aura was now rampageous, no longer young and innocent. My eyes widen and I force my body upward. One arm holds me up. I open my mouth to call out to him.

"Ah...Akkey...!" I tried but my voice wasn't loud enough to be overheard by Akihito's scream. His aura bursted and caused Izumi to be pushed back. I cover my face from the blast with my palm. Dirt and pebbles flew through the air around Akihito. I have to stop him...but how?

I regain my strength and push myself up. I'm standing, more like staggering from the pain, but it'll have to subside. I clear my throat and clench my fists.

      "Akihito!" I walk toward him, but his force was too strong. I end up having to push myself forward.

      "Akihito! Stop!" I attempt to reach him once more, but it still doesn't work. I grip my scarf like I was ready to fight. I hesitate to take it off, I don't want to hurt him. I'm not strong enough to, anyway, I thought as I gritted my teeth. I still have to try.

Akihito starts trudging toward Izumi. Izumi got back up and charged toward him as well with her staff pointed at him. Somehow, my body was able to run in front of Akihito and my hands automatically undid my scarf. I wrapped it around the staff and threw it to the side in one quick motion. Izumi quickly retaliated by lifting her leg up and kicking me to the side. I was able to bring up my arm to block it, but due to the first impact, I was thrown to the side again, but this time I stopped myself from hitting anything. I grunted, my arm was most likely broken. Damn it, how am I supposed to protect Akihito if I can't even take a hit?!

When I looked up from my arm, I saw Izumi being slashed to the side from Akihito's swing. Not to my surprise, she was able to kick herself off from a tree and picked up her staff. She ran with full force back to Akihito.

     "Izumi, stop!" It was too late. Her staff was pulled back and ready when I lifted my hand up to form a cage around Akihito. She broke through it easily. Damn it. But Akihito already forced his hand into her shoulder causing her to raise her staff while using her powers, forcing it down onto his arm. Akihito screamed and grabbed ahold of the staff. Izumi's face filled with urgency and horror. He released a wall of flames causing Izumi to force herself backwards. Her judgement was off and I could tell she was badly burned. This was my chance to grab ahold of Akihito. This was my chance to calm him.

"Akihito! Listen to me! Don't give in!! Don't–," his focus turned my way. His dark pupils pierced through my own. A shiver of fear went down my spine. That's not the Akihito I know. The Akihito I know has brown eyes with a shimmer of calm. These pupils were shining with despair. I gritted my teeth and stumbled forward.

"Akihito, it's me! Hiroomi! Calm down!!" His gaze didn't flinch from mine. I continued to talk to him.

"This isn't you! You are not the bad guy! Izumi isn't the bad guy either! I'm fine, so please stop losing to him!" I said as I referred to his other half, the half he hated the most. His state didn't change nor did his stare. Sweat was starting to form against my temple. What if I can't bring him back? What do I do then? My thoughts swarmed around the idea of killing him and I tensed up. I don't want to, I can't. What do I do? What do I do??

Akihito raised his hand and flames started to spark from his palm. My eyes widen as I experience this new type of fear that starts to swallow me whole. I'm frozen, I can't move. But something moves me instead.

When I hit the ground I look up to see Izumi on top of me, her cheek slightly burned and her face filled with rage.

"I'm sorry, Hiroomi, but he's just too dangerous–." She tried to escape and continue the fight, but I stopped her by grabbing her shirt collar.

"No! Don't lay a finger on Akihito! He's not that dangerous that he needs to die!" Before she could fire back, Akihito's body appears behind my head and his hand snatched Izumi from my grasp. He holds her up and smashes her down onto the ground beside me. My hands shake from the sight. Her body goes limp and I can hear her grunt from the impact.

"Akihito, stop!" I yell as I get up and reach for my scarf again. I was too late because Akihito was already clenching it and staring into my eyes. His hand was balled into a fist and ready to fly when I spoke to him.

"Akihito, you need to stop this! We are not your enemies!!" His grip becomes tighter and my legs start to lift from the ground. Is he trying to strangle me? I can see his face scrunch up in disgust. This isn't Akihito. I look down into his eyes, please wake up...

"Why are you doing this?...Don't you remember how much we...love each other? Please...where's the Akihito I know?" I say between breaths. His eyes soften and so does his grip. I reach up and touch his face slowly. He doesn't flinch, in fact he doesn't even meet my gaze anymore.

"Where's the Akihito who loves r-rice omelets? The one who loves glasses and has a collection of t-them. The Akihito who likes to watch h-horror movies even though he's terrified most of the time. Who cooks just for me and gives me all the warmth I want?!" I couldn't help but trip over my words. A tear escapes my eyes without permission. I couldn't help it, I don't want to lose him. He then looks up at me with a wrinkled face. His eyes are glazed and his hand is shaking against my chest. My feet are planted comfortably on the ground now. I smile at him, trying to hide the pain I feel.

"The Akihito that I know and love; he's right here." He blinks at me several times and starts to cry. His cry changes from a raspy, sharp cry to one that is soft and settle. His pupils return to their normal brown, his hair no longer green-tinted from his surrounding aura. His claws morph back into smooth, warm hands.

       "I'm...sorry." He whispers and starts to sway. I react quickly and embrace him. His body goes limp and his warm breath tickles my neck. Once I realize he fainted, I fall to the ground with him. I'm exhausted and in pain. I then remember Izumi and hurry over to her. Thankfully she was still breathing.

I took out my phone which had surprisingly survived, and called up Mitsuki. When I told her what happened, she came immediately. She helped me carry them back to our house and we called spirit world warrior doctors to attend to their wounds. Mitsuki sat with me on the couch in the room next door. She sat up, looking at her hands that were on her knees. I leaned back and crossed my arms. What will happen after this? What will happen to Akihito??

"Hey, big brother?" She spoke softly, unlike herself to do so. I don't move my gaze from the floor, I just respond with a quiet, "yeah" and she continues after a small pause.

"Akihito...didn't mean to hurt anyone, right?" She referred to the cast on my right arm. I looked at it and started to recall the whole thing.

"Akihito would never harm a soul." I say still in a quiet voice with no anger or sadness. She looks away and takes a vocal breath. We stay in silence for a moment. I liked it, the silence gave me a moment to think about what to do. But nothing came up. I scratched my head and sighed, what am I going to do?

Then the doctor came by and told us Izumi and Akihito were going to be fine. We both let out a sigh of relief.

"Izumi has a broken rib, some bad burns, and a concussion, but since she has a strong build, she'll recover faster." The doctor said with a hopeful face. Mitsuki smiled a little.

"Thank you, Dr.–," I stepped forward and stared the doctor in the eyes.
"What about Akihito?" I said in urgency. The doctor frowned at my rudeness, but answered my question anyway.

"He'll be fine, too, just a fractured arm. Between the two of you, he got the least damage." I closed my eyes and smiled slightly. Thank goodness.

"Thank you, doctor." The doctor turned and went about his business, while Mitsuki and I sat in silence again, impatiently waiting to see them.

Next Update: December

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

689K 33.9K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, a powerful d...
1M 55.4K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...
1.2M 47.7K 53
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...