ilysb ; steve harrington

By -poguejj

"ain't never felt this way can't get enough so stay with me it's not like we got big plans let's drive around... More

m i x t a p e . s i d e (a)
c a s t
ll . o n e • madmax
ll . t w o • trick or treat, freak
ll . t h r e e • the pollywog
ll . f o u r • will the wise
ll . f i v e • dig dug
ll . s i x (b) • the spy
ll . s e v e n • the mind flayer
ll . e i g h t • the gate
s e a s o n . t h r e e
m i x t a p e . s i d e (b)
lll . n i n e • suzie, do you copy?
lll . t e n • the mall rats
lll . e l e v e n • the case of the missing lifeguard
lll . t w e l v e • the sauna test
lll . t h i r t e en • the flayed
lll . f o u r t e e n • e pluribus unum
lll . f i f t e e n • the bite
lll . s i x t e e n (a) • the battle of starcourt
lll . s i x t e e n (b) • closed chapters
season . four

ll . s i x (a) • the spy

8.5K 191 48
By -poguejj

When we began driving after leaving the Wheelers, it had gotten darker outside, Hawkins always had a bit of darkness you could see, but when it was night you could feel all the darkness Hawkins held within it, and that's what made it so creepy during nighttime.

Hammer To Fall had began playing on the Stereo and we all sat in silence. While driving Dustin and I filled in Steve on the Dart situation and where we had locked him in.

"Wait a sec. How big?" Steve asked through in the silence

"First he was like this. Now he's like this." Dustin told him leaning forward in the back seat, sticking his head between the drivers and passengers seat, using his hands to show the difference in Darts size.

"I swear to God man, it's just some lizard, okay?" Steve told us trying to cope with what we had previously filled him in on

"Um not it is not a lizard" I told him rolling my eyes at his doubtfulness

"How do you know?" He answered back loudly

"How do we know its not a lizard?" Dustin asked sarcastically

"Yeah, how do you know its not just a lizard!?" Yelled back towards us, using his hands for affect

"Because his face opened up!" I retorted back because he was still questioning monster Dart.

"And he ate my cat" Dustin followed up sternly with what I had said

"How often do you see lizards doing that Steve? Probably not very often huh?" I told him nonchalantly, as Dustin and I proved him wrong. He didn't answer back and just nodded head in an agreeing matter.

We pulled up to our house and parked outside the driveway. All of us got out of the vehicle and made out way to the trunk so Steve could grab his bat. When Steve opened the trunk he tossed Dustin his keys, as he easily caught them, Steve then pulled out his bat spinning it in his hand slightly before looking at Dustin and I and slamming his trunk shut.

I had been holding the flashlight as we made our way back to the cellar doors Dustin and I had once locked shut. Upon approaching the locked doors, Dustin stood farther back then Steve and I who were right in front of it. What was odd was there was no noise coming from inside the cellar, only the owls and other night animals in the woods around our house.

"I don't hear shit." Steve told us, basically reading my mind. I handed Steve the flashlight he had been holding his hand out for.

"Well, he's in there" Dustin told him in response. We stood there quietly looking at each other before Steve lightly tapped the metal doors. Nothing had happened so he hit the doors harder, and still nothing happened.

"Alright, listen kid. If this is some sort of Halloween prank, you're dead." Steve told my brother, shining the flashlight in his face

"It's not. Besides if it was, why would Hazel even agree to it?" Dustin asked squinting through the light. Steve didn't respond and brought the light to my face.

"Okay, Steve. Please get that out of my face." I asked shielding my eyes from the bright light with my hand, immediately after Steve brought the light back to Dustin. I blinked a few times trying to clear the purple and yellow lights that temporarily appeared in my eyesight.

"Its not a prank." Dustin stated once again

"You got a key to this thing?" Steve asked bringing the light down onto the doors. Dustin quickly ran inside to grab the keys and ran back out to us, holding them in his hand.

"Who is gonna open it? Are we gonna do like Rock Paper Scissors? Pull straws?" I asked getting ready around if I had to open it. Steve just looked at me with a small smile as I nervously moved around, anxiously waiting and he turned back to Dustin and grabbed the keys, and unlocked the lock, then opening both doors. Dustin and I had leaned over beside Steve to take a look down the dark cellar.

"He must be farther down there. I'll stay up here in case he tries to escape." Dustin stated with a worried tone, earning a glare from Steve and I. Steve stood back up and looked over to me.

"You coming?" He asked holding out his hand

"Yeah, okay. But if I see Dart, and if he comes running at us, I'm going to run faster than I ever have, and if I trip there is no 'save yourself' bullshit, you will help me, I swear to God." I told him strictly, grabbing his hand tightly.

"Of course." He told me right before him and I took the first step down the stone, cold cellar steps. I held the flashlight in my free hand, as Steve held the bat in his.

When we made our way down the steps, I began frantically moving the flashlight all around the cellar hoping that if Dart came at us, I would at least see him first. It was quiet the whole way down and further, the only thing you could hear was our deep breathing that we both tried to quiet down. When we got to the middle of the cellar, Steve had turned on the ceiling light, but I kept the flashlight on and pointing at any parts of the cellar the lightbulb didn't light. When I turned my head back to Steve, he was holding up a bunch of peeled, wet, green slimy skin, just like what was in the tank Dustin kept Dart in.

"Steve look" I told him, using the flashlight to point at the giant hole in the wall that had been dug out. We both had glanced towards it, scared that Dart had been running free for however long.

"Steve? Hazel?" Dustin called from the outside of the cellar. Neither of us answered him back, as we were to busy from shock of the hole Dart had dug out of the cellar wall.

"What's going on down there?" Dustin called again, I reluctantly let go of Steves hand, to walk to the bottom of the steps to get Dustins attention

"Get down here." I called up to him strictly, shining the light towards his face, which scared him. He slowly made his way down the steps but once he got closer he finished the last fee quickly. Steve held up the skin on the end of his bat, and I continued shining the light onto the slimy shedding.

"Oh, shit." Dustin said upset

"That's not all." I responded, aiming the flashlight towards the hole we had noticed earlier.

"Oh, shit!" Dustin repeated only louder. All three of us walked towards the hole and bent down to look how far it went and how far we could see.

"No way. No way." He repeated his word choice, once again.

"How are we going to find him? He isn't a little frog creature anymore lost in a school, he is huge monster lost in any part of Hawkins!" I stated, knowing there wouldn't be a definite answer to my worried questions.

"We can set a trap in the morning. You know, just like what we did with the bologna, but with more and something better than bologna." Dustin responded with his idea

"So, literally any other meat, ever?" I ask sarcastically. We all agree that in the morning, we will set up all the meat in a trail on the railroad tracks, and try to get Dart again.

Most of the night and early morning was spent getting the meat and chopping it up. The only sleep we got was when we took turns in the vehicle. Before we started anything else in the morning, we went to pick up my car from the wheelers house, and brought it back to ours. Dustin decided to just leave his bike, because he didn't feel the need to grab it yet when we had a vehicle now. It was later in the morning when the three of us began driving to the open space that lead to the tracks. Dustin had fallen asleep again in the backseat, while Steve and I sat awake.

"What were you doing at Nancys house?" I asked quietly, already knowing the answer but wanting to be sure.

"Uh-um, I was gonna apologize. But now I realize it was stupid because I didn't do anything wrong, and I get that now." He responded quietly as well, trying not to wake up Dustin. I didn't answer him back because I didn't know what to say, and frankly didn't even have anything to say.

"Dustin was right you know." Steve said, filling in the silence that had carried through his last answer.

"About what?" I asked confusion filling my voice

"About me being a better driver." He told me while smiling and looking over to me

"Oh shut up" I said playfully through my slight laughter, while lightly hitting his shoulder.

Soon after Dustin woke up, and we all sat in silence once again until we got to the space. Steve got out of the vehicle first to open the trunk, Dustin and I following as we each grabbed our buckets of chopped up meat, and set them on the ground.

"This is Lucas. Do you copy? Dustin?" Was being said loudly through Dustins walkie-talkie. Dustin walked off a bit, but not to far, to finish his conversation with his friend.

"Just meet me, Steve, and Hazel at the old junkyard." I heard Dustin tell him, as Steve and I got the rest of the stuff ready.

"All right, lets go." Steve said handing me my bucket, and slamming his trunk shut.

"Here's your bucket." I held Dustins bucket out, having him quickly grab it and finishing the conversation between him and Lucas, while we all made our way through the woods. When we made it far enough we were met with the tracks we planned on following. We all stood a few spaces apart so the meat would be thrown in even amounts.

"Alright, so let me get this straight. You kept something you knew was probably dangerous impress a girl who... who you just met?" Steve asked Dustin, as he was slapping down the meat onto the ground. Both of the boys were behind me, as I was in front starting the trail of meat.

"All right, that's grossly oversimplifying things." Dustin retorted sticking up for his actions on keeping Dart.

"Why would a girl like some nasty slug anyway?" Steve asked confused. I knew Dustin was talking about Max, he didn't even have to tell me.

"An inter dimensional slug. Because its awesome."

"Well, even if she thought it was cool, which she didn't, I... I just... I don't know, I feel like you're trying way to hard." Steve replied honestly. I decided to try and not involve myself since brothers don't really talk to their sisters about their crushes, even though half the time the sister already knows.

"Well, not everyone can have your perfect hair, all right?" Dustin told Steve causing me to let out a laugh, probably earning a look from Steve, but I didn't turn around the check. Don't get me wrong, Steve has great hair, but that's not the first thing I would say was perfect about him. He seems like a bad guy on the surface but he is actually a really great guy, most people just don't know it, but I am lucky enough too.

"It's not about the hair, man. The key with girls is... just acting like you don't care." Steve told him confidently, I tried my best not to turn around and correct Steve but I feel like he needs to vent about Nancy, even though my younger brother probably isn't the person to vent with.

"Even if you do? Then what?" Dustin asked considered, dropping another piece of meat behind me. I began to slow down so Steve and Dustin could pass me so I would be in the back.

"Yeah, exactly. It drives them nuts. You just wait until, uh... you feel it." Steve told him looming back at me before saying it. I just eyed Steve, daring him to take the conversation further.

"Feel what?" Dustin asked innocently

"It's like before it's gonna storm you know? You can't see it but you can feel it, like this, uh... electricity, you know?" Steve told him, carefully choosing his words

"Oh, like in the electromagnetic field when the clouds in the atmosphere—" Dustin began but was soon stopped by Steve

"No, no, no, no, no. Like a... like a sexual electricity." Steve informed him

"Steve." I told him sternly. I wouldn't mind if Steve helped Dustin with girls, if he gave the right information and I wasn't standing right here

"Oh." Dustin said surprised, as he tossed two pieces of meat down.

"You feel that and then you make your move."

"So that's when you kiss her?" Dustin asked innocently once again

"Woah, no, no. Slow down Romeo." Steve informed him, getting a quick apology from Dustin.

"Okay, sure, some girls, yeah, they want you to be aggressive. You know, strong, hot and heavy, like a... I don't know, like a lion."

"Oh, my God. Don't listen to him." I whispered loud enough for both of them to hear

But others, you gotta be slow, you gotta be stealthy, like a... like a ninja." Steve said once again causing me to laugh in disbelief that he would even think that way.

"What type is Nancy?" Dustin asked. I looked up to Steve and saw him glance back to me at the same time.

"Uh, Nancy was different. Different than some other girls." He said quieter than his other answers

"Yeah, she seems pretty special, I guess." Dustin told him

"Well, she was. There are other special people out there though, if you look hard enough you'll find them, sometimes they are right in front of you and you don't even know." Steve replied at his normal volume this time. The thought of Steve with another girl made my stomach tighten. And I knew what the feeling was, and that it was always there. I just chose to deny it because of him dating Nancy.

"This girl's special, too, you know. It's just, something about her." Dustin responded dreamily

"Woah, woah, woah, hey, hey." Steve said stopping Dustin, and causing me to stop a few feet behind them.

"You're not in love with this girl are you?" Steve asked seriously, throwing down a single piece of meat.

"Uh, no. No." Dustin said confusingly

"Okay, good. Don't" Steve told him as they began walking again

"I won't"

"Steve don't say that. If he wants to fall in love, or like someone he can." I told him picking up my pace so I was behind them both

"Well, she's only gonna break his heart, and he is way to young for that shit." He responded to me, throwing another piece of meat. I know Steve is still upset about Nancy but, he doesn't know how this could end for Dustin. No one answered back and we took a few steps in quiet.

"Fabergé" was all Steve said

"What?" Dustin and I said in unison

"It's Fabergé Organics. Use the shampoo and conditioner, and when your hair's damp... it's not wet, okay? Damp. You do four puffs of the Farrah Fawcett spray." Steve replied, giving away his hair secret

"Farrah Fawcett?" Dustin asked as him and I tried not to laugh

"Yeah, Farrah Fawcett. You tell anyone I just told you that, sorry Hazel, but his ass is grass. You're dead, Henderson. You you understand?" Steve insisted, I know Steve wouldn't hurt my brother so I just blew it off as nothing and continued to smile at the Farrah Fawcett spray.

"Yup." Dustin said hiding his smile with a serious face. Steve turned around and threw a chunk of meat near my foot, trying to get  it to hit my shoes

"Ew, Steve don't or I will throw out your bottles of Farrah Fawcett spray!" I yelled jokingly while throwing a piece of my meat near his shoe, purposely missing him

"You wouldn't dare. You can't use one of my biggest secrets against me like that." He said dramatically as I just mocked him and laughed

"One of your biggest secrets? There is one bigger than your hair routine?" Dustin asked in confusion. Steve quickly looked back to me and back to Dustin.

"Uhhmm. Another secret for hopefully another day." He said and threw another piece of meat on the ground. Dustin and I just looked at each other and didn't bother asking Steve about it again.

——————————————

This is part A of the spy, because I don't plan on doing episode 7 (its all Eleven) so I just wrote a bunch for episode The Spy and split it because I had like 80 pages and 5000+ words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 51.6K 66
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...
346K 7.4K 34
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
246K 23.5K 59
Third book of idol love series... Devotion- "Strongest form of love" All the characters are fictional. There is no connection with the real place or...
843K 33.5K 44
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...