Yugen (A Vampire Knight Fanfi...

By HeartBaite

Would you sacrifice your life for a brief, brilliant love? KaZe, MPREG, Pureblood Zero. Story Playlist: https... More

1. A Gift of Forewarning
2. Called Back
4. La Luna
5. Taken
6. Result
7. The Beginnings of Love
Regret, Comfort, & Denial
9. Need
10. Shizuka
11. Family
12. Bigger Fish
13. Broken Pieces

3. Confusion

1.2K 25 1
By HeartBaite

It was a warm night in the middle of summer as she laid her sons to sleep. Her half breed sons- half hunter, half pureblood vampire.

Lilly uncovered her hood from her unruly silver hair and ran a hand through it, pushing it out of her face as she finished her bedtime story to her children. Her two eldest were sleeping peacefully and though she knew her youngest, dear Mika, was merely pretending to rest.

She knew very well that he would come down this night to be with her.

It was almost time for her to depart from their lives- their father would take care of them well she knew, but she also knew that he would bind their vampire sides and deny them half of their birthright when she left them.

Her sons, Akira, Sato, and Mika all took after her looks-wise as opposed to her pureblood vampire children such as the Kazuma who resembled nothing like her in the least, or the Hiou, who look only similarly to her.

The eldest, Akira and Sato, twins, were well-mannered and dutiful and everything her husband wanted while her youngest, dear sweet Mika was a dreamer at heart, his head always in the clouds and his heart always away from conflict of any sort.

She left the room after placing the book upon the bare table beside Akira's bed and made her way to the front porch where she could watch the sun rise and await Mika's eventual company.

Within minutes, Mika had made his way as silent as any ghost to her position, plopping himself beside her on the comfy loveseat that was long since worn.

"Okaa-san, I had another dream." He began and she nodded, wrapping her hand with his own, squeezing it to urge him to tell her.

"It was about Yuki and her brother again." Mika said softly, "Yuki is smiling like always and she was talking about her friends again and then her brother comes in and she smiles at me and leaves and... oh, Okaa-san I know that I love him, or I will, I mean."

She smiled and ran a hand through his silver waves that were due for another cut.

"I thought when I first dreamed of him that he hated me- but then dream after dream I think he changed his mind, or will, I guess. He loved Yuki first, but something happened and he started to look at me more and more and then... Well I think he loved, will love me, or at least I hope so, Okaa-san. I know I'll love him more than anyone else."

"Tell me more about him." She urged and he smiled softly at her, his amethyst eyes bright and untouched by true sadness, filled with hope and trust.

"I think they're like you, Okaa-san. Purebloods, I think."

Lilly squeezed his hand once more as apprehension filled her.

She knew her husband would never allow their sons to mate with vampires, certainly not purebloods.

Their own marriage had been without mating bond, and without true love, but instead amiable acquaintance that turned into marital convenience.

So she lamented for her son, her little dreamer.

She squeezed his hand once more, "You have great things ahead of you, my son. But I fear that you will not come to this happiness for some time."

Kaname approached the only righted bed in the clinic with caution, his former word hanging in the air- the first lack in control he'd had in a very long time.

"How?"

The ex-human, one of the only people to ever well and truly challenge him, lay partially tied down to the bed that dripped with his spilled blood.

He had no idea how the ex-human had made such a change in himself or what had done it, what had turned his competition in Yuki's love into a being like his own. A Pureblood.

His face appeared to heal to perfection before his very eyes, making the already beautiful silverette grow to match the raw beauty that Pureblood's all had.

Slowly, the other people in the room righted themselves and followed him over to the bed, all of them unable to look away as the former level D made his way up the vampire chain of hierarchy before their very eyes.

"Zero?" Yuki mumbled from beside Kaname and the silverette's began to stir.

"What the hell is happening?" Yagari breathed to the Chairman and Cross himself shook his head as if in a haze.

"I don't know."

Yagari looked to Kaname but the Pureblood Prince paid him no mind as he kept his wine eyes trained on the awakening new Pureblood.

The Moon demands payment? Could that have something to do with this?

Kiryu's aura began to reach out as if it were trying to gain its bearings itself.

It hummed with the power of a Pureblood, but it held a distinct feeling of confusion about it, made even more abundantly clear when the new Pureblood opened his eyes.

He circled his amethyst eyes which seemed significantly less weighed down than before with the trials he had undergone in life.

A first sign, Kaname could suppose.

His brows furrowed as he glanced at them all, but they stilled on Yuki and Kaname and he frowned, as if he was trying to decipher them with a single glance.

"Who? Who are you?"

"He doesn't remember a damn thing, Cross! Something is most definitely going on!" Yagari crowed and Cross pinched the bridge of his nose before righting his glasses.

Yagari, Cross, and Kaname were in the kitchen discussing the events of the day, trying to come to terms with what happened.

They were within sight of the living room where Yuki and Zero were sitting on the couch, the petite brunette trying to spark Zero's memory by showing him pictures of his life with them and a few of the ones he kept in his room of he and his twin.

"See, Zero." She urged him and he shook his head as he tried to gather any memory of his life with them all.

"Well, you know your name is Zero, right? You must remember something else, right?" Yuki went on and he shook his head once more.

He frowned for a moment and a distant look crossed his face.

"I know you," He said and she perked up.

"Go on!" She commended and he frowned again.

"But you don't look the way you did in my dream- you had longer hair and were older I think." He glanced over at the other Pureblood who only looked at him when he spoke up next.

"Is he your brother?" Zero turned back to her, missing the Pureblood in the other room tense slightly at his words.

"Uh... no, Zero. You're my brother." Yuki shook her head and the pureblood frowned.

"I'm not a vampire." She continued and he shook his head.

"But you were in my dream, I think."

"It must have just been a dream then." Yuki stated almost a bit harshly.

"No, I was so certain... Are you sure you're not a vampire? You were a pureblood I think in my dream."

She sighed at his words and closed the scrapbook and tapped the glass of the picture frame he held in his hand of he and his twin.

"Don't you remember Ichiru?"

Zero looked down at the frame.

"He was your twin." She helped and he shook his head.

"I don't have a twin. I have two brothers, though. They're twins."

"Zero? You only have the one brother, and he is your twin."

Across the room, Kaname turned to Cross.

"He knows his name, but can't remember anything else about his life?" Cross breathed and Kaname shook his head.

"It appears as if he knows his name but bears another's memories. Though I cannot think of an explanation as to why he would then know Yuki or I. Even if his memories of us are a dream." He tacked the last part on as an afterthought and the other two men nodded.

"Regardless, what do we do about him?" Yagari inquired, "We can't leave him in the day class with amnesia or whatever the hell this is, and certainly not now since he's no longer anywhere near human."

Cross nodded and turned to Kaname who nodded back.

"We'll have to move him to the Night Class, after he is trained to be able to handle his newly acquired abilities. I can keep the rest of the class in line and they will most likely handle the new turn of events better than humans would."

They all nodded, but still Cross turned back to him.

"Are you sure? Both the Night Class and Zero have clearly established tense relations between one another to say the least."

Kaname waved him off, "He'll use the room next to mine for me to keep a close eye on him and when I'm not present I'll entrust him to Takuma or some of the others in my circle. The only two that would pose any real trouble would be Aido and Ruka, but if I ask it, they will stand down. It will probably be easier for them knowing he doesn't recall anything about them and thus shouldn't cause too much disruption. That, and as he is now a Pureblood they will be expected to treat him with the respect as his due now."

"I hope so," Cross muttered and Yagari seemed to be jonesing for a cigarette.

"I will need a week to teach him how to control his abilities and while I ready the Night Class. I expect you to try and explore his memories more in the meantime."

In the living room, Yuki took the picture frame back from Zero and almost immediately dropped it, cutting her hand open, blood running down her hand to drip onto the wooden floor.

Zero stared at the blood on her hand, entranced by the sight, confused with a burning feeling in his throat and his immediate thirst for the red river the stained Yuki's clothes.

In a flash, Kaname came between the two, surprising Zero by his sudden appearance.

With a sigh, Kaname sent Yuki to the kitchen for the Chairman to clean and treat.

Zero stared up at him from his seated position on the couch.

"You can't drink from her, Kiryu. You would damn her if you did."

His tone was tired, but not snappy or harsh.

"Okay." Zero replied and Kaname sat down in the chair next the couch.

"You will feed from me," Kaname stated and Zero nodded to indicate he understood.

"You are a Pureblood now, and you must know what that entails. It means that you are you are top of the food chain when it comes to our kind, and you must learn to control yourself. I will teach you the ways of our kind, and how to harness your new abilities."

Zero was silent and Kaname moved on.

"The first lesson is to control your aura."

Kaname began to teach the silverette how before moving onto other abilities he would have under his control such as the power to influence and command other to do his bidding.

Over the course of the week Kaname took to training the new Pureblood in the ways of their kind, and they together figured out his personal abilities that differentiated him from other Purebloods.

His first and foremost dealt with healing- and in return he could also make ill another person, even kill them with his gift.

He also held minimal telekinesis like Kaname's own, except at a far less powerful level. His second chief ability was that of precognition they learned as Zero would often times reveal what would happen in the near future before anyone else knew it themselves, and he learned it all during his sleep, his visions coming to him in dreams.

Kaname made it his goal to dissect Zero's memories each time the silverette recovered something new- but time and time again it was often times a memory of some other kind outside of what any of them knew of Zero's life.

On the day before he was due to move into the Moon Dorms, Kaname urged him to search for remembrance particularly strongly that night.

At the end of the evening Zero turned to Kaname.

"I remember Okaa-san. She looked like my brothers and I, I remember talking with her most nights..." He trailed off, lost in thought.

Kaname regaled this back to Cross and Yagari, drawing the two hunters to confusion.

"Zero didn't take after his mother's looks." Yagari stated.

"He took after his father only, just as his father took after his father. Something is definitely off here..." Cross continued.

"Do you think it was possible that Zero is remembering a past life of some sort?"

Kaname played around with the thought when he retired to his bedroom for the day in the Moon Dorms.

Was that really possible?

Then how did he know Yuki was his sister, how did he know she was really a Pureblood? Did his precognition manifest in him in that previous life?

If that was true, who had he been?

He was dead set on finding out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.7K 1K 27
You are zero's childhood friend, until one day a pureblood vampire attacked your family and zeros. But theres something you don't know, some of your...
4.1K 186 24
𝓦𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓲𝓼 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮? 𝑰 𝒂𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒒𝒖𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝒎𝒚 𝒔𝒆𝒍𝒇 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒊𝒔 𝒕𝒓𝒖𝒆 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆, 𝑨𝒇𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒊𝒅 𝑰 𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒈...
73 2 3
warnings: a/b/o dynamics, prime dynamics (prime alphas/omegas; stronger, more dangerous variants), noncon/dubcon (the relationship later turns consen...
5.6K 228 68
In this tale of Vampire Knight, created by Matsuri Hino, Zero was born as the pureblood along with Ichiru. And Kaname and Yuki we're born as humans...