The Ranch in Montana

By MissGreeneA

Harriet Grimm lived in Bel Air and she loved her life. Her parents spoiled their daughters and Harriet expect... More

Chapter One: When Did The Black Cat Cross My Path?
Chapter Two: My Last Date
Chapter Three: The Town of Artemis' Hollow
Chapter Five: My Favorite Song is Anna's Favorite Song
Chapter Six: There Is No Sweeter Innocence Than Our Gentle Sin
Chapter Seven: The Newest Member in the FFA
Chapter Eight: Reunited with Joseph Brown & The Acquaintance of Rory

Chapter Four: A Family Dinner

11 2 0
By MissGreeneA

I plugged my headphones in and watched Youtube on my phone, until Lillian texted me. 

I placed my phone down after that conversation. I considered texting Riley or Jason, but decided against it. I just waited until dinner, we had almost unpacked everything. Eleanor was on the phone with someone and they were talking loudly. 

"It is so cold here! I need to buy a new wardrobe!" Eleanor complained. I rolled my eyes. 

"Stop being dramatic, El." I told her. 

"Shut up, Harry." she snapped. 

"Girls!" Mom yelled. We went silent. I started to pet Sheldon, Eleanor breathed loudly. Sheldon purred happily. 

"This is unfair! Unjust! Child abuse!" Eleanor complained. 

"Try telling that to Mom." I muttered. 

"I miss Bel Air! I miss California." she continued to complain. I went on my computer and looked the nearest private school.

"What are you doing?" Eleanor asked. 

"Looking up our school." I answered. The nearest private school was Dino Prep. 

"Dino Prep?" Eleanor asked, she was looking over my shoulder. 

"Named after the founder." I told her. 

"Do we get to wear uniforms?" Eleanor asked. 

"Yep." 

"We can uniform shopping!" 

"Mom should already have our uniforms." I told her. 

"We should go ask." We went to the living room, Mom was unpacking with June. 

"I was just going to call you girls, we need help unpacking." Mom told us. 

"Do we have our uniforms?" Eleanor asked. 

"Uniforms?" Mom asked, she seemed confused. 

"For Dino Prep. The private school." Eleanor answered. 

"No. You aren't going to a private school. I cannot afford it." Mom explained.

"Public school?" I asked. I could feel my word falling apart. Harvard likes people that go to private schools, not public. I don't know what public school is like, are the rumors true? 

"Stop fretting. I went to a public school and I turned out find." Mom said. 

"We are living in a small house in Montana and the house doesn't belong to us." Eleanor reminded her. 

"Eleanor Glinda Grimm." Mom said sternly. 

"Sorry, but it's true."

"I'll be going back to school soon, I can become a wedding designer." Mom told us. We nodded. Mom's phone started to ring, June answer it.

"Hello?"

"Hi, Aunt Mary. This is June."

"Mom? She's right here." June handed the phone to Mom. 

"Hamburgers that sounds lovely. Do you have vegiburgers?"

"Eleanor is a vegetarian." 

"Yes." 

"I hope she knows it."

"Is that a good idea?"

"Can I still do that?" 

"Okay. Goodbye." Mom put the phone down. 

"Does she have vegiburgers?" Eleanor asked. 

"She's going to make one." Mom answered. 

"What school will we go to?" I asked. 

"Harry will be attending Artemis' Hollows High, Eleanor is going to Firr Valley, and June will attend Apollo Elementary. Your aunt is principal at the high school." Mom answered. 

"I'm going to be the principal's niece?" I asked, I imagined my peers ridiculing me. 

"Yes. Don't worry she will not treat you any differently." Mom assured me. 

"I'm not worried about that." I said. 

"Help us unpack." Mom demanded. That's what I did, in a few hours Mom called Aunt Mary to pick us up. Mom still needs to buy a car. Farrah picked us up, we didn't talk much. When we arrived at the house, Farrah parked the car in the parking garage. In the garage was a huge blue truck, and old red pick up truck, multiple quads, and two Polarizes. 

"You have to cross the bridge to get to the house." Farrah told us. I looked up at the beautiful house. 

A stone bridge was created to cross the river and then a path led us to the house. I could see a few fish swimming below. Farrah opened the door for us. 

"Thank you Farrah." Mom told her, she nodded. They living room was beautiful, it had a rustic nature. The floors were wood and the furniture was wooden, antlers hung over the fireplace. Below the antlers, oddly enough was a blue surfboard. 

"I like what you did with Dad's surfboard." Mom told Aunt Mary. 

"Thanks, it gives the living room a California feeling." Aunt Mary laughed. She had just come out of the kitchen. 

"Where's Fred and the kids?" Mom asked. 

"Fred and the boys are outside playing football. Cole is practicing, he plays for his school. Anna is probably in her room doing homework, she does honors English." Aunt Mary told us. She seemed proud by her daughter's class. 

"Maybe Harry can help her, Harry took all honor classes back home." Mom bragged. 

"Is that so? You should talk to your guidance councilor about higher-level classes." Aunt Mary told me. I nodded. 

"I will, thank you." I said. Aunt Mary nodded. Farrah sat at the counter, she watched the conversation closely. 

"Farrah, can you go get your dad and the boys." Aunt Mary asked.

"Sure thing." Farrah responded. 

"Anna!" Aunt Mary yelled.

"Yes?" a response yelled down.

"We got company!" Aunt Mary told her. I heard the familiar drumming sound of footsteps walking down stairs. Anna smiled at us. 

"Hi." she greeted. She wore glasses and a long sleeved gray avengers shirt with skinny jeans.

"Hello." Mom, Eleanor, June, and I said is synch. Soon more people walked in, I saw the dace of my uncle. He looks like a lumberjack. 

"Georgia, it is good to see you again." Uncle Fred said. 

"You as well Fred." Mom told him. They hugged. It almost felt like a civil war, the Grimms on one side and Grangers on the other side. 

"Supper's ready." Aunt Mary announced. 

"Thank goodness, I am hungry." Uncle Fred laughed. 

"Guests are first, Marcus Adam!" Aunt Mary told Marcus. He whined a little, but stopped after Aunt Mary gave him the look. We had to make our own hamburger, I couldn't remember the last time I had a hamburger. 

"Where should we sit, Mary?" Mom asked. 

"Outside, it's a beautiful night." Aunt Mary answered. Eleanor and I found our way to the patio, where a table and seven chairs greeted us. Eleanor, June, Mom, and I sat close together. When our cousins came out they grabbed beach chairs when the table got too full. 

"How are you pretty ladies?" Uncle Fred asked.

"Well, thank you." Mom answered

"Fine." I answered.

"Okay." Eleanor answered.

"Fantastic!" June shouted. We all turned to her. 

"Well, aren't you excited?" Uncle Fred laughed. 

"I can be like all those cowgirls! I want to ride a horse! I can be like Annie Oakley." June said. 

"Annie Oakley?" I asked. 

"She was in Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show, we learned about school." June answered. I shock my head. 

"It's true." Aunt Mary agreed. 

"Do you have horses?" June asked. 

"We do." Aunt Mary answered. June smiled and then tapped my shoulder. 

"Harry, we should go horseback riding." she told me. 

"No, we shouldn't." I said. 

"June, do you want to be a cowgirl?" Uncle Fred asked. June nodded. 

"Well, you can be one if you ask politely to ride our horses." he told her. 

"Uncle Fred, Aunt Mary, can Harry and I ride your horses?" June asked. 

"I didn't agree to this." I muttered, everyone was ignoring me. 

"Farrah, will you like to teach them?" Aunt Mary asked. 

"Sure." Farrah agreed. 

"You really don't have too." I said, I was ignored once more. We had peach cobbler for desert, it was good. 

"Georgia, are you and the girls going to church?" Aunt Mary asked. We haven't been to church in a long time. 

"I don't think I've been to church since June was born." Mom laughed. 

"Are you going?" Aunt Mary asked. 

"Sure." 

"I'll pick you and the girls up, tomorrow at seven. Do you girls church clothes?" 

"We have some, thank you." Mom said. When we got back to our house, I immediately went to find Sheldon. 

"Mom, why did you agree to go to church?" Eleanor asked. 

"Daring, it is time you learned something about the social structure. Right now we're at the bottom and I don't like the bottom. We go to church, meet some new people and work our way up. By the end of the next four years, we will be ruling this town. I conquered Bel Air and I can conquer Artemis' Hollow." Mom answered. Moments like this, make me realize how much I'm like Mom.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

212K 5.6K 32
A cloud covers her eyes as the anger takes over her. I grab her wrists and push her up against the cold wall behind her. I grab her jaw a little too...
2.4K 118 17
Dela left the small-town life for bigger and brighter things. When she is called back to that small town she is forced to make decisions she never th...
411K 10.3K 45
Isabella had never really fit into the mold that her family was forcing her in. Luckily, she finds a place that accepts her as she is. However, she d...
68.8K 2.9K 30
How do you protect the love of your life if he's sitting in prison for a crime he didn't commit? *** Isabella was happy - happier than she's ever bee...