TAME. ⌲ reddie

By vintagehyuck

"Oh, darling, what we had wasn't real, or even close to real. I put my leg out and you tripped and fell for m... More

p l a y l i s t
one 〰 new year new book
two 〰 forgiveness can't be given
three 〰 no one can resist us for long
four 〰 broken family
five 〰 yes. friends.
six 〰 we'll stand by you, too
seven 〰 just a little more
eight 〰 moving figure
nine 〰 the quarry
i'm doing this because veronqiue told me to
hi(atus)
eleven 〰️ seltzer water

ten 〰️ nobody's perfect

2K 86 198
By vintagehyuck

unedited, sorry for mistakes
hold onto your wigs for the second half of this chapter ;)

Eddie and Richie walked to the pharmacy, the fall leaves crumbling to the ground around them. There was a crisp breeze in the air and a crunch beneath their feet, along with a thick silence in the air which neither of them found comfortable. A car passed by them, purposely splashing puddle water onto their feet. As soon as Richie felt the water, anger flourished inside him.

"Son of a bitch!" Richie yelled after the car and running after it. He picked up a rock and threw it at the car. His shoes took Juliet three weeks' worth of full-time shifts to earn. The car honked in response.

"Richie, calm down, it's just water. It'll dry." The duo began walking again.

"It's just water. It'll just dry." Richie mimicked, his pitch higher than usual. Eddie rolled his eyes. They had made it only a few meters forward when:

"Hey!" Both of them turned around and saw a middle-aged man exiting the car. "Are you two hooligans the ones who left a dent in my car?"

"N-No, sir-"

"Yeah, bitch. What the fuck you gonna do about it?"

"Excuse me?" The man looked taken aback.

"I apologize for him," Eddie said, pulling on Richie's arm. "H-He's a bit rude today, but I promise he doesn't mean anything he said or did." He turned to Richie and lowered his voice. "I suggest you apologize, then shut the hell up, and save us some trouble while you're at it. It's not worth to start a fight over a pair of shoes."

"Alright." Richie muttered. He looked at the man. "Sorry, boss. Didn't mean it. I was aiming for your face, but the car was protecting it."

"Richie!" Eddie exclaimed.

"Hey!" The man yelled, walking forward.

"Richie! You idiot!" Eddie gripped onto Richie's elbow with his free hand and started running, dragging Richie with him. The man was chasing the duo now.

"Really, Eddie? I could've took him on easily!"

"Oh shut up, your body isn't even close to being half as strong as your ego."

"Excuse me? Keep in mind, I did kick Henry's ass for you."

"You punched him, Richie."

"Henry's strong, though."

"Henry's strong, but he isn't grown man strong like this guy here." His arm started to hurt. "Also, start running, dumbass! You're too heavy for me to drag for long!" Richie did as told, rolling his eyes. The man chased after them, hurling insults and threats at them. They ran for a while like this, and it almost seemed like it was going to be forever until Eddie desperately needed a break.

"Richie, I can't go longer. I need my inhaler."

"Now? Oh come on, Eddie!"

"I thought you said you could take him on." Eddie broke his words into fragments as he abruptly came to a stop and yanked the zipper on his first fanny pack, pulling out the white device. He cupped it, bringing it to his mouth and taking multiple breaths out of it. Finally, his lungs stopped contracting and he could breathe normally without the device. He heard footsteps behind him and sprinted to where Richie was. The man wasn't that far behind now, and he was equipped with a shovel, making it all the more dangerous for them.

"Richie, we can't keep running. We gotta hide." Richie searched around frantically until he came across a fence with a sign on it.

(here's another one, since my edits make you guys wheeze like eddie when he's gonna see richie's dic- i mean what)

((i so totally did not steal that from stranger things where did you even get that idea from??))

(((turn your brightness up to see it properly)))

"There!" He pointed at the fence. Eddie gave him a weird look.

"What?"

"We gotta climb over that fence."

"No fucking way! Are you seriously that dense? That's trespassing private property! We could be held against the fucking law!"

"Look, does it really matter?"

"Uhm, yeah, I think." Eddie yelled.

"Well then that's too bad." He ran in the direction of the fence, ignoring Eddie's calls after him. He latched onto the fence and pulled himself up, his muscles flexing under his tee shirt.

"Richie! You dumbass!" Eddie facepalmed.

"Eddie get the hell over here!"

"No! I'm not breaking the fucking law!"

"Break the law or you will be broken."

"Well, I'm only seventeen and I can't speak for you but I have a great life in front of me. I don't want to end up in juvy, thank you very much."

"Dude, it's for a second! No one will even know we came here!" Eddie felt a whoosh of air behind him and he turned to see the man, eyes and ears red with anger, attempting to grab him by the collar.

"Shit!" Eddie sprinted to the fence and jumped onto it, clutching the steel wires so hard that his knuckles turned white.

"Good job! Now climb up!"

"I can't! I'm scared!"

"Eddie, come on, you can do it!"

"I-" A force pulled Eddie back, and the man was holding Eddie by his collar.

"Eddie!"

"Want your friend, you little bitch?" The man sneered at him. He gripped Eddie's collar tighter, making him whimper.

"Let him go! He did nothing wrong!" Richie felt the same feeling he felt earlier that day fulfill him. It felt strange, and Richie hated this new strangeness, but he had no control over it.

"Look what you did to my freaking car! It's damaged and that thing is brand new!" The man growled. "And now I'm gonna leave a dent in your friend!"

"Alright, alright, we can talk things out!" Richie climbed down from the fence, his heart racing out of his chest. "Just, please, don't do anything to him! I'll pay for your damage and everything I've cost, I'm sorry."

"Oh you better pay. You ruined my car and my reputation."

"Oh I'll pay you back, don't you worry, sir." He grabbed Eddie's hand and dragged him to his side. "Don't you worry." The man turned around and walked away, the shovel hanging loosely in his hands.

"See! Look at how much trou-" Richie held a finger to Eddie's lips and made an impression of a shush. He carefully made his way over to the man, and grabbed the shovel out of his hands, whacking him in the back of the head. The man fell forward, no sound emitted from his lips.

"Richie!" Eddie screamed.

"Shut the fuck up! People are gonna think something's going on!"

"You just knocked him out!"

"So? He won't remember anything when he wakes up now."

"Richie, that's, I-"

"Would you rather, I don't know, do the right thing and, oh, I don't know, pay? Imagine the look on Sonia's face when she sees her son, her own little baby boy, ruined someone's dream car? Tears in her eyes, her right hand at her breast, where her heart is and her head hung low, disappointment shining in her-"

"Oh wow, you did the right thing. I've never seen anything done more right in my life, let's get out of here now." He grabbed Richie's hand and led him to the local pharmacy.

***

The two boys walked in, Eddie still shaking from the events that occurred previously.

Has it really all just happened today? Has all this shit happened just in the past twelve hours?

The day had already deemed itself unforgettable.

As the door closed behind them, the bell on top of the door dinged, signaling a new customer. At the checkout desk, Greta Bowie looked away from flirting with the new guy, Lucas, to catch a glimpse at the people who walked in.

"Richie Tozier!" She shrieked, excitement building up in her. "Richie, over here!" She waved her arm so Richie could see her and he forced a smile onto her face, walking over.

"Who's that?" Lucas asked. He was older and new to Derry, therefore going to college here and having no idea about the high schoolers or their way of life.

"No one. Except the heartthrob of Derry." She sighed. "I prefer Bill, though."

"Hey, Greta." A smile was still forced on his face. "How are you?"

"I'm great, Richie, now that you're here, baby boy." She winked, and Richie started to feel nauseous, infired by disgust.

"Such a flirt you are, Greta." He picked up a bottle of cough syrup and examined it before putting it down. "Aren't you with Justin?"

"Justin? Who's he? Oh yeah! We broke up last week, Richie."

"Didn't you literally just say you were going on a date with him on Fri-"

"Shut it, Lucas. I never said that." Greta interjected, hurriedly. "I'm single Richie, I swear. I would never cheat on anyone."

"Sure you wouldn't, you're simply an angel, aren't you?" Eddie spoke up, sarcasm evident in his voice.

"Watch your fucking mouth, short stack. You have no right to talk to me like that."

"And what makes you think you have the right to talk to him like that?" Richie tilted his head, a cocky look dancing on his face.

"Because he's a nobody."

"Well, Greta, sweetheart, have you ever heard of the saying 'nobody's perfect'?"

"Don't use a play of words on me, Tozier. He's far from perfect, he's a freak."

"Freak? Greta, define 'freak'."

"Someone who, I don't know, someone who's not normal and just completely ugly and disgusting."

"Honey, I didn't say to describe yourself, I said to describe 'freak'."

"Are you seriously standing up for him by attacking me? He's not even worth it."

"Are you?"

"Yes!"

"Oh really now."

"Do you want me to show you I'm worth it?" Greta's entire expression changed, shifting rapidly from angry to seductive. "Give me a night and I can show you I'm so worth it, baby boy." She winked, and it was almost enough to send Richie puking. Eddie felt so disgusted, he didn't even bother to stand there. He left to go find the cast liner that they came here for in the first place.

"No thanks, recycling bins aren't my type." Greta scoffed.

"You're so full of yourself."

"At least I'm not full with others."

"At least others want me."

"Do they want you or your body? Oh wait, there's not a difference. The only thing genuine left in you is your body. Even that barely exists." Greta's mouth simply hung open, not being able to think of a comeback. Richie slowly leant over the counter and put a finger under her chin, lifting her jaw up so her mouth closed. He smiled falsely. "Didn't want you to catch flies."

"I hate you so much, Richie Tozier. I don't know why people even find you attractive."

"Baby, now you're acting like you weren't completely trying to get in my pants thirty seconds ago. Choose a mood and stay with it. You wanna seduce me or you wanna fight me? It won't matter what you choose 'cause I'll win anyway, but there is one that'll give me more amusement."

"Damn," Lucas said. "This guy's good."

"Thank you, sir." Richie pretended to tip off a nonexistent hat.

"Whatever." She huffed, crossing her arms at her chest. "You're such a traitor, you're supposed to be on my side."

"I am a policy of neutrality. I did not choose anyone's side." Lucas put his arms up defensively.

"Freak alert. Your little charity case is coming along, Richie." Greta spit out. Eddie gave Greta a look that screamed 'so that's the route you want to go, huh?'

"Charity case? What am I in need of?"

"Attention."

"How many times are people gonna mistake me for a mirror? I'm not you, Greta. Oh wait, do you even know what a mirror is? Probably not. You never look good, so you've never come face to face with one." Eddie shook his head, tsking away. He turned to Lucas. "I'd like to buy this, please." He placed a waterproof cast liner on the counter, along with some money. Richie stared at him in awe.

"Are you questioning my intelligence and my beauty, Kaspbrak?"

"What are those? I've never heard of those two things. Probably because they don't exist." He took the change from Lucas. "Have a good day." He smiled disgustingly sweetly, while Richie just stood there, an amused smile on his face. He never knew Eddie had this much confidence in him. Eddie started walking, and after a few minutes, Richie ran after him to keep up.

"Both of you are such fuckers." She yelled after them. Lucas snorted.

"You have to step your game. If that's the best you could do, Derry's probably not the best town for you."

***
i don't even know if the wait was even worth for this chapter

i feel like it is the most shittiest thing i have ever written

i felt horrible and since next week is hell week (meaning i have tests/quizzes/something graded every day of the week) and i literally did not update for almost four months, i decided to muster up an update real quick.

I feel like the car and man chasing part made little to no sense but i hope you enjoyed it.

i personally had a lot of fun writing sassy eddie and sassy richie, hope you liked it as much as i did

btw, who's better? sassy richie or sassy eddie?

i also sincerely apologize for making you wait so long for every chapter, but i'll try my best to spoil you guys during spring break if i don't end up going anywhere (it's after hell week for me)

and 60k?? you guys are an actual blessing like I don't deserve you guys, I'm getting so emotional honestly you guys made me come so far even tho i am such a shitty author to you, thank you so much i love each and every one of you this means so muchhhh ahahsbfhdhfbbfbbdhhfd im not good with words but i swear there is real emotion in my heart 💘💖💗💗💞💝💓💕💕💘💕💘💝

ily, have a great day/night wherever you are
see you next time :)

xx nikki

now i have a research paper and two presentations to work on, pray for me :')

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

196K 8K 58
𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 noura denoire is the first female f1 driver in 𝗗𝗘𝗖𝗔𝗗𝗘𝗦 OR 𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 noura denoire and charle...
194K 6.1K 56
When he denied his own baby calling her a cheater. "This baby is not mine." But why god planned them to meet again? "I would like you to transfer in...
912K 34.8K 83
𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝗲, 𝗹𝘂𝗰𝗸𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗵𝗲𝗿, 𝗔𝗻𝘁𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘀 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 �...
2.2M 112K 63
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...