four 〰 broken family

warning: mentions of abuse and moments of abuse. stay safe and positive and know that ily.

also, not sure if this is a trigger warning or not... but idk people's pasts so i might as well. there are mentions of miscarriages in this.

i did use CENSORED slurs for characterization of Richie's mom, but they are only intended for use in that way. these words should in no way be used/normalized.

if either of those things make you uncomfortable, please skip to the three "***" in the chapter. this indicates that there will be no mentions of anything triggering after that. your health and safety is more important to me than reads. this chapter is just to deepen the plot and interest. it plays a decent role in the story but nothing too major.

also, if you are getting abused, PLEASE get help. you don't deserve one bit of that and i know it can be a hard thing to tell someone but you don't belong in there. you deserve so much better and i need you to be safe.

ily ❤️

Richie agonizingly (and barely) survived the rest of the school day. He wanted nothing more than to leave the place and go home. He had faced enough embarrassment today.

Well, not home as in his house. God, Richie can bare days without going to his house. His house was a place where you screamed and were screamed at; fought, and were fought; lost and got lost.

It was a place where a thick layer of abuse haunted the air, suffocating Richie and his siblings. However, the suffocation was never going to end. Whenever they tried to run away, they were tied back into the same toxic air of abuse, beat over and over again by their lungs, always wishing for an escape.

It wasn't like this when his father was alive. They weren't a broken family back then. They weren't abused, back then.

I guess we have to get into that now, don't we?

Richie's broken family started out as a lovely one. Back in 1977, Wentworth Tozier was a young, decent-looking man looking for a bride he could call his wife. Studying abroad in Australia, he met the lovely Margaret Taylor, who was nicknamed Maggie by many of her friends.

It was as cliché as destiny could get. What could possibly happen to two students from the same native land of Derry, Maine, who went to the same university, and were assigned to be roommates? Oh, nothing. Except a little love, and possibly some marriage.

In 1979, both graduated with bachelors degrees in their hands and diamond rings on their fingers. They wanted to start a new life, together.

And they did. They moved back to Derry, Maine and got highly respected jobs. Maggie became a collector and Wentworth got a job at Corridor Video, a pioneer in the nascent videotape company.

With high salaries and desire for a family, Maggie and Wentworth spent a whole night perfectly executing the procedure needed to form children.

The first time they did it, Maggie has a miscarriage. It was sad news indeed, and Maggie wept and cried for days. But, after a year, the couple kept decided to try again

The second time, they weren't quite as unlucky and they had a baby girl born. They named her Juliet Tozier. Four years later, they executed the procedure again, and in return of their perfect execution, they were scheduled twins. One boy and one girl. They had prepped so much, just like they did for the miscarriage and Juliet. They picked their names beforehand, clothes, shoes, arranged baby showers, parties, everything you could think of.

TAME. ⌲ reddieजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें