Frost on the Grasslands | She...

By SmokeAndOranges

It's not supposed to snow in the South Forest, but the weather in the second-emptiest corner of Shelha is not... More

Before You Read
Chapter Zero: Coppertails
Across the World
South Shelha
Chapter One: Arrival
Winter
Chapter Two: Renegade
The Lowlands
Chapter Three: River Moon
Enemy Alliance
Chapter Four: Caves
Silver Fur
Chapter Five: In Forest Shadows
The Darkwood
Chapter Six: Rocks and Breezes
Stormhole
Chapter Seven: Trapped
Chapter Eight: Attacker's Tracks
Firebrand
Chapter Nine: Tall Grass Hunt
Into the Forest
Chapter Ten: Rising Storm
The Pit
Chapter Eleven: Copper and the Black Prince
Underground
Chapter Twelve: Into the Rocklands
Missing Hunter
Chapter Thirteen: Wind in the Fur
After the Wind
Chapter Fourteen: Summer's Beginning
Winter Meets It
Chapter Fifteen: Northern Borders
The Territory
Volume II: Storm Season
Vote Star Villainy
Species (With Pictures)
Places (With Pictures)
Rough Map

Who's Who (Characters)

266 17 4
By SmokeAndOranges

F/M = Female/Male

Primary Characters

Sethral (Saggitayria, F): Strong and winged, a runaway from the Saggitayrian clan group Nova. Has lived in the South Forest for four years and is friends with the Coppertail herd.

Whipper (Forester, M): Small, black-furred and fluffy, has lived in the south and followed Winter every cool season for the last five years. Stole Winter's collar.

Silversand (Royal, F): A silver cat and member of a lost species that used to live in the South Forest. Has spent most of her life in the Lowlands.

Taz and Fletch (Coppertails, Rocklander subtype, both M): Twins living in their native range, the Rocklands and Rock Flats. Often help the Coppertail herd. Very fast runners, both green-furred. 

Jay (Coppertail, Northlander subtype, M): An exceptional healer born in the north, who has lived in the south for as long as anyone can remember. Terrified of Winter. Has long (northern) sky-blue fur.

Coppertail Herd

Kastar (Flatlander-Highlander mix, M): A leading member of the herd.

Rose (Highlander subtype, F): Kastar's co-leader and Tornado's bondmate.

Tornado (Highlander subtype, M): Rose's bondmate and one of the herd's stronger fighters.

Elm (Flatlander subtype, F): Kastar's close friend and one of the herd's stronger fighters. Adopted older sister of Echo and Ice.

Echo (Flatlander subtype, F): The herd's best healer. Adopted little sister of Elm and Ice.

Adder (Northlander subtype, M): The only Northlander in the herd, rescued during the North War and the only survivor or his former herd. Dislikes Jay.

Vixen (Flatlander subtype, M): Carp's twin. Storm-sensitive.

Ash (Lowlander subtype, M): Adopted brother and bondmate of Beech.

Beech (Lowlander subtype, M): Adopted brother and bondmate of Ash.

Carp (Flatlander subtype, M): Vixen's twin.

Comet (Brushlander-Flatlander mix, F): Carp and Vixen's adopted little sister.

Greyling (Flatlander subtype, M): Carp and Vixen's best friend.

Ice (Flatlander subtype, F): Adopted sister of Elm and Echo.

Seashell (Lowlander subtype, M)

Mountainair Pack

Winter (F): Pack leader and the queen of one side of the mystery-shrouded North War, years before.

Autumn (F): Winter's second-in-command.

Summer (F): An artisan, capable with chains, collars and traps.

Garnet (M): A temperamental bully. Master to Flitter.

Sapphire (M): A gutless bottom-rank.

Opal (M): A calm mid-rank.

Winter's Army

Hawkfeather (Coppertail, Leslander subtype, M): A brown-spotted male and leader of the Lesland pack Winter first approached. Now the Lesland army's top-rank.

Firebrand (Coppertail, Leslander subtype, F): An orange-furred female, the best hunter in Hawkfeather's pack. Has frequent conflicts with Hawkfeather.

Whitefang (Coppertail, Leslander subtype, M): A-rank Masc team partner to Reedwind. Often on escort duty. Wants to catch the Black Prince.

Reedwind (Coppertail, Leslander subtype, M): A-rank Masc team partner to Whitefang. Often on escort duty. Does not want to catch the Black Prince.

Other

Flitter (Vilus, M): A Lowland messenger-bird subservient to Garnet the Mountainair.

Ferrin and Ilia (Rivrit, M and F): Adoptive parents to Silversand when she was a kit in the Lowlands.

Layra (Saggitayria, F): Sethral's aunt and adoptive parent.

Talin (Saggitayria, M): Sethral mentor.

Kite (Saggitayria, M): Leader of Nova, Sethral's home clan group.

Mistwalker (Coppertail, Leslander subtype, M): A beloved Coppertail whose death is blamed on Oakleaf.

Oakleaf (Coppertail, Leslander subtype, M): A member of Hawkfeather's pack. Exiled after being accused of killing Mistwalker.

Willowgale (Coppertail, Leslander subtype, M): A member of Hawkfeather's pack, and Oakleaf's best friend. 

Wing (Coppertail, Highlander-Leslander mutt, M): A skilled tracker living rogue on Winter's new territory. Known by Winter's army as the Black Prince.

Ryatzi (Saberel, M): A copper-furred creature of unknown species, found in Winter's prison pit.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 69 18
The 10 tribes have been peaceful ever since the previous threats to the world were Eliminated. Both continents are thriving, & the dragons even found...
1.1K 316 38
A dear friend has become a deadly enemy, and Winter has taken control of her ally's assassins. The renegades are left with no choice but to flee the...
4.4K 656 38
Sequel to Abbernathy and the Cat Kingdom One girl. Two Kings. A Cat Kingdom on the brink of war. Two years after journeying to the Cat Kingdom of Ael...
203K 11.2K 41
The kingdom Dulcia has fallen. Dark creatures have invaded the palace, inslaving all those who work there. The royal family--the only ones able to st...