Star Blood |✔|

By world_joy_

"Little Star," the king said, his red eyes shining down as he greedily took in my whole body and the represso... More

INTRODUCTION
1| AIR
2| DRY
3| AGONY
4| LIGHT
5| SILENCE
6| DARKNESS
7| EYES
8| MOTIONLESS
9| CRYING
10| TRAPPED
11| SMILING
12| KNOCK
13| WAITING
14| TAKEN
15| DRUG
16| BLOOD
17| SOFT
18| TIME
19| SHOCK
20| OPEN
21| SCREAM
22| RED
24| DANGER
25| VISION
26| ALONE
27| WHISPER
28| CLOUDS
29| FIRE
30| SCAR
31| SHADOWS
32| BLACK
33| MOVEMENT
34| CALL
35| BREATHLESS
36| COLLECT
37| DAYS
38| SENSATION
39| OCEAN
40| PANIC
41| BROKEN
42| STEEL
43| NUMB
44| DIFFERENT
45| GOLD
46| FIELD
47| END
OTHER WORKS

23| BEAUTIFUL

35.4K 2.1K 452
By world_joy_

Beautiful.

It's something that I had been complimented on at the Temple.

My beauty.

I don't think that is it though.

I think, what attracts the eye, is how much my features stand out.

The white hair, blue eyes- and dark skin.

A startling contrast between such light colors. It's something though that I can't help. I was born this way.

The Temple had made sure, once they accepted me as Arishia, and even before that, when I had been blessed- that I received the ultimate care for my body.

Now though, I wish no such effort had been made upon it.

The repressors trail down, all over my skin. I still thought them beautiful.

I still liked the way they danced in and out- coming and showing me the symbols of the Moon, Sun and the Mother Asundra.

It was my own prayer, silently written into my body.

And it showed those who looked, that I held a divine spirit within me. I was Arishia.

I open the door and look up at Jonaus.

"How bad is the smell?"

The way he is looking away from me, and holding his breath- I don't need an answer.

"Jonaus..." Fear leaks into my voice. The King would not protect me if something were to happen. Maybe he would, but then again, he himself was a danger to my existence.

Jonaus could not help.

"Arishia...." Jonaus's eyes flicker up and down my body, "I...I wish, for your sake, you were not so beautiful."

I smile at that.

He leads me down the hall. I shiver at the exposure to my skin.

I did not believe in modestly. I always in some way, was showing my body to the world.

But not in this way. Not in the way that these clothes revealed them. A temptation. Seduction.

It had been pure, compared to now.

I try to walk rigidly- tried and failed to stop the sway of my hips.

And soon I heard them. The voices.

We stop in front of a door. I know this door. It leads to the throne room. Where that dark seat of power with the ruby red stone hung, suspended over the ruler's head.

"Jonaus..."I don't know what I can say.

He shakes his head, "Think of her. Think of the Moon."

I nod and slowly, as Jonaus opens the door, revealing the room of watchful red eyes, I follow his command and pray, Moon. Oh Moon. Please let me survive this night.

I see the girls. They are standing in a line at the bottom of the steps that lead to the dark throne. I feel eyes fall onto me as I make my way to them.

The girls.

Some were grinning, staring at the crowd with a hunger in their gaze.

Others stood, blank and expressionless.

And then the rest.

The rest who had not yet been taken within the power of the darkness- held fear.

My eyes land upon Oceane. I see her take a sigh of relief. Even now, she still held me above the others. Still looked at me and thought of comfort. Peace.

My actions maybe had become clear to her, or perhaps she herself had not realized and instead chosen to forgive me.

I don't have the chance to ask.

I obediently stand at the end of the line and look out into the crowd.

My whole body freezes when I meet a sea of red eyes.

So many. So many were here.

My late arrival only has more and more looking upon me, until a hidden hush falls over the onlookers. That's when it happens.

They break from the crowd.

I draw back, thinking of the light- of the Moon. Thinking of how to stop them, but before I can act his voice reaches them first.

"Stop."

The three men who had raced forward, eyes wild and fangs out- stop.

I hear the panting breath of the girl next to me and look to see her eyes wide and face lit up with the sight. It makes me nauseous, and a thin sweat breaks out on me.

The men look up to the King. I did also.

My eyes narrow at what I see.

He sits within his throne, in a lazy manner that speaks of nothing but peace and serenity within him. And upon his lap sat Saint.

She is kissing his neck, her tongue visible to those who watch as she pants against him, moans around him and holds only him within her eyes.

They had taken away the lioness, and put her within a cage.

"Go back," the words are whispered but they still ring within the room.

The men hesitate. One dares even to step forward, but a hiss stops him.

"She is mine." The statement sends chills down my body. I look up and glare at him, meeting his satisfied smile as he watches me as well.

The men back away, their eyes still hungry, but the power he wields over them is too much to ignore.

The rest of the crowd is still absorbed in the action.

The King rises from his seat, throwing Saint off. She yells as she hits the floor and quickly crawls to him, reaching forward and raising her body from pulling at his rich clothes of midnight.

"Please," she is panting. I want to look away from her. I want to close my eyes and remember the girl who had been beautiful and strong in her determination and spirit. I didn't want to open my eyes to watch what was left of her- begging at the King's feet.

He pushes her away with his legs. His smile holds a frost within that chilled even my own soul.

"You are useless now. Leave."

Tears are streaming down Saint's face, but she does as he says, her whole body quivering at the rejection.

Other girls eye the King with hunger, watching now as he is left unattended by one of them. Looking for their chance.

I look around the room, trying to find Jonaus, but I've lost sight of him.

The sound of footsteps takes away my attention as the King slowly descends. The crowd is silent. Some are smiling, others are whispering to their companion in excitement. Looking on in anticipation.

He stops in front of our line and motions his hand out, letting us be the center of attention.

"The results of the Reaping," he smiles at each girl, but his sight stays upon me at the end.

He advances. I hold nothing on my face as he stops in front of me.

"Hello, little star."

I continue to look at him with a blank gaze. Don't let him affect you. Don't let him hold any power over you.

He turns to the crowd and laughs, "This one is a follower of the Light. Behold- Arishia."
There are gasps from the crowd as they hear my title. I stand up straighter, my eyes darting around to take in these strangers. They are weary of me now. Eyeing me with fear and suspicion. I feel a smile slowly form on my face.

The King moves away and ascends back to his throne. He folds himself in, like a lion would upon a hot day. His body relaxed and shaping to fit the seat as he leans back.

"Arishia," I look up in surprise as he addresses me by my name.

He points to the foot of the steps- a clear command.

I do as he says. I was not foolish enough to resist. Not when he had the army of others- soulless red eye beings they were- to drag me down.

Instead, I stop at the foot of the steps and look up.

He motions towards the floor that is open. The crowd parted in a way to create a U shape around the throne.

"Dance for me Arishia."

I pause and look at him in horror.

I want to say no. I desperately want to say no.

I look at the crowd. And within the folds of red, I, at last, find the blue I had been looking for.

Jonaus is in the back, yet I can still see him.

He gives me the smallest of nods. I can see the fear upon his face. I can almost taste the excitement of the room. And I can sense the lust for me within their eyes.

Lust for my blood.

Some still held fear, but the conclusion must have been drawn that if I did not affect the King of dark with my powers- the highest one among them- then I did not affect them either.

I slowly walk to where he is pointing. I don't move though.

Instead, I look up one more time upon the nightmare that sat in the seat of darkness. Wearing his blood red gem upon his head as it shone out against the throne.

He tips his head down. Start.

I feel panic, fear and desperation rise within me. I look up and freeze.

The Moon.

Against the folds of the dark clouds and the fog of the night- I could see the Moon.

She barely peeked out- her body almost completely hidden from my sight.

But I should not have been able to see her.

I should not have been able to witness her within this evil place.

I look to Jonaus. His eyes too are wide and focused upon her- a hand clinging to his chest as a single tear falls from his eyes.

It's that sight- that sight of his sorrow, that makes me raise my hands.

I have danced many times under the moon.

I have been gripped by her, held tight and thrashed around as I absorbed her light.

Music barely registers in the back of my mind. But it helps. It helps me forget as I lean forward and back, bending my body and raising my hands.

I can feel her.

The amazement of it has me throwing my head back.

Sweat in on me. Dancing down.

I can't feel anything.

How long has it been since I last saw her? How long has it been since I praised her and her holiness?

To long.

It's been too long.

And now I was feeling the repercussions of it as she held me tight.

Don't let go. I wanted to shout it to her. Don't let go of me.

I can't describe what my body is doing. I've never taken into account how I move it.

My hips roll with her, the same way she rolls the tides.

My mouth parts- pants from the effort I am displaying for her to see.

Dance for me Arishia.

No. I wouldn't dance for him.

I only danced for one thing.

My movement slows though when I see that the clouds are moving. They stop the glow of her body and choke away whatever sight she had been able to grant me.

I feel my hands fall, and my face moves forward to look at the ground.

Then I hear gasps.

My head snaps up to the throne.

I feel my own lips part in surprise at the sight that is before me.

The King, red eyes wide and frozen- with his fangs out for all to see. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 39 25
This story begins in the country of Britannia. A country where several certain races live with one another. And at the center of these races stood a...
1.6M 51.9K 54
❝He has a heart of stone. I have a heart of glass. I just have to pray mine won't shatter...❞ ******** The werewolf world is brutal. From the moment...
993 35 23
//He had my hands pinned tightly above my head as I squirmed beneath him. The blade twisting between his fingers. He held it up to my throat. I was a...
2.4M 99.7K 56
👑1 in Queen Series👑 (Warning: Dark themes & sexual assault) I will have you...all of you, Esmerleda," he said as his eyes raked over my body. I tr...