Fate Prevails

By forever-evermore

Rowan had denied his mates- something unheard of- in order to be with the man he loves. He and Matty are fina... More

Chapter One
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Epilogue
Family Trees

Chapter Two

3.3K 179 14
By forever-evermore

The days are passing horribly, the tenseness in the house making me constantly on edge. There is nothing that can be done about it, though. Mom had told me that I had to stay away from Matty until after the pack meeting, something that I hate. At least someone was on our side though. Dad was passive about everything going on, being a neutral force in a house full of conflicting views.

A knock sounds on my door, jarring me out of my reminiscing. "Mom wants to talk to you."

My brother walks away before I can respond, which couldn't make me happier. We haven't talked at all the last few days, but I have felt him watching me. Henry has always been the quiet, more reasonable one on the two of us. But even he has been forced out of his comfort zone.

Sighing, I force myself to get up, grabbing the nearest pair of pants and slipping them on. Mom is waiting for me in the kitchen, eyes tracking me as I walk into the room. There is nothing on the counters except for an old wicker basket, the one we use for picnics.

"You wanted to talk to me?" I ask, sitting on the barstool directly across from Mom.

He just nods, pushing the basket closer to me. "I know I told you that you had to stay away from Matty, but I can see how much it is hurting you. Liam and I talked, and apparently Matty isn't doing much better. So, we decided to set up a picnic for the two of you." He gestures to the picnic basket. "You're to meet at the same place you stayed during the Mating Ceremony."

My heart pics up, and for the first time in what feels like forever, I actually smile. Pushing myself away from the counter, I go around to hug Mom. He just pulls me close, pressing a kiss to my hair. "But this has to be our secret, okay. If anyone else finds out, we could all get I some serious trouble."

Nodding my head, I pull away. "Thank-you."

He reaches up, brushing a few strands of hair from my face. "Of course, monkey. Now, get out of here before your brother comes down. I don't need him even more pissed at me."

That has me pausing, hand on the handle of the basket as I look back over at Mom. "How come you are siding with me, Mom? Everyone else seems to think that what Matty and I are doing is wrong."

He just gives a small smile, head tilting to the side. "Because you should have the ability to be with whoever you like. Your dad and I were never mates and we are both happier than ever. And I think Henry can have that with Rosalie and you can have that with Matty. You shouldn't be forced to be with someone you don't love, just because others think it is right."

Nodding my head, I pull the basket closer to me. Footsteps come from the floor above us, moving towards the stairs. Mom looks up at me again. "Hurry up, before your brother sees you leave."

I don't hesitate any longer, grabbing my shoes from the front door and leaving the house. Luckily, our house is on the border the rest of them, making it easy to slip away without anyone noticing. Since it is the end of summer, everyone is milling around, preferring to be outside rather than trapped in the stuffy indoors.

The fresh air is nice, a nice change from being inside. But it is not until I am out here that I realize how much I missed it. I had been training with Jesse for almost a year now, learning his trade. He was a quiet person, making it a nice getaway while we were trekking through the woods, tracking animals and learning about any new infected that may pass by.

The rest of my walk passes by peacefully. There aren't too many people out in this section of the woods, making it easy to dodge them. I can see why Matty likes it out here so much, with the almost complete isolation.

This time around, I take the extra few minutes to walk around the creek, not wanting to get completely soaked again. Matty is already waiting for me, a blanket spread out across the grass, and his own picnic basket sitting next to him.

"I guess our Moms coordinated everything but the food."

Matty startles at my words, head whipping up to look at me. "Rowan," he says, words sounding a bit breathless.

Setting down my basket, I sit down on the blanket, right in front of Matty. Dark bags are under his eyes, something that tells me that I am not the only one who has had trouble sleeping the past few days.

"I missed you," Matty whispers, leaning forward to wrap his arms around me. "So much."

"I hate this," I murmur, allowing Matty to pull me forward until we are both lying on the blanket, me on top of him. "I just want to be with you."

He nods his head. Leaning forward, he captures my lips with his. It quickly turns heated, Matty's legs wrapping around my waist and fingers tangling in my hair. It feels amazing, and reluctantly I pull away, looking down at him.

He is gorgeous, inside and out. But, looking down at him, I can't see why no one else is fighting me for him. His face is soft, more feminine than any other male I've seen. The wide blue eyes framed by dark lashes only ads to this façade, the dark curls framing his face. Everything about him yells perfection, and I can't help the skip in my heart I get just from looking at him.

"We can be together now," he whispers.

It takes a few seconds for his words to sink in, and when they do, my eyes widen significantly. "Do you really want to?"

He nods his head. "I want to be as close to you as possible for as long as possible." He draws me back in for a kiss, his plush lips so soft against mine. "I want to feel you inside me," he whispers, lips moving against mine with every word he speaks.

Hands grip onto the bottom of my shirt, pulling it off in one quick motion. That seems to snap me out of my shock, because I find myself frantically working off the rest of my clothes, watching as Matty does the same.

In less than a minute, we are both naked, bodies pressed flush against each other. Matty lays back on the blanket, reluctantly letting me pull away. His eyes fall closed as I stare down at him, taking in everything about him. The morning sun makes his skin blush, his dark hair fanning out on the blanket.

Not able to help myself I trail my hands down his sides, making his shiver at the sensation. Looking up, I see that his eyes are still closed, and I am determined to change that.

My lips brush softly across his stomach, causing a soft gasp from Matty. His eyes flutter open, watching me as I trail kisses across his skin, his breath catching when I move to his inner thighs.

It has been awhile since I have been with someone like this, but I already know that this moment is better than anything more.

Matty groans when I finally kiss his cock, sucking the head into my mouth. He grows harder with every bob of my head, and I can't help but moan around him. He tastes wonderful, something that I never thought was possible.

Fingers tangle in my hair, and Matty tugs hard enough to get my attention. Reluctantly, I pull away.

"I'm about to come," Matty says, words breathless. "And I don't want to until your inside me."

His words have me quickly nodding my head. "Do you have any lube?"

His eyes flicker over to the basket that is half hidden under the log behind us. I remember it from a couple of nights ago, where Matty had gotten his pillow. Crawling over him, I rummage through the basket, finally locating the small vial just when I am starting to get frustrated.

Matty turns on his side then, his right leg pulled up slightly. The movement causes him to spread, giving me a perfect view of what I have never been allowed to see before.

My hands are shaking as I pour lube onto one of my fingers. Neither of us are virgins, so it doesn't surprise me too much that it Matty is easily able to take my first two fingers. He tenses slightly when I start to push the third one in but relaxes after a second. His cock is hard, telling me that I am not the only one enjoying this.

Pulling my fingers free, I wipe them on the blanket before laying down beside Matty "Are you sure?" His hand comes back to grab my hip, pulling me flush against his ass. He doesn't say anything after that, but the way his fingers only tighten on my hip are answer enough.

With a hand on my cock, I guide myself to his hole, only pausing for a second before pushing. At first, nothing happens, until I am finally inside, enveloped by wonderful heat. The fact that it is Matty, my love, only makes it harder for me to hold back.

He doesn't allow for me to wait for him to adjust. Grabbing my hand, he pulls it around to his chest, holding onto me tightly as he grinds back on my cock. The movement has me groaning, and I start meeting his movement, thrusting into the warm heat.

Matty lets out small moans with ever slide in of my cock, telling me that I am hitting that sensitive spot inside him. My eyes screw shut as I press my face against his neck, leaving open-mouthed kisses on his sweaty skin.

Sooner than I like, I feel my knot starting to fill. I try to pull away slightly, wanting to prolong the moment, but Matty won't let me. He just follows my hips, pressing down hard against my forming knot.

"Please," he whimpers. "Please. I want to feel you. All of you."

His words spur me on, and I can't hold back any longer. My arms tighten around him as my thrusts start to get uneven. Matty wiggles a hand down to his cock, pumping it in time with my thrusts. Too soon for my liking, I push myself in completely, crying out as I lock inside him, tipping over the edge.

Matty groans, his hand working his cock even harder as I spill inside him. Pulling him even closer, I wind my legs with his, taking a few minutes to actually float back down to Earth.

Matty hums as I press soft kisses on his neck, a small smile spreading across his face. He looks seconds away from falling asleep, and it's endearing. Not wanting to move at all, I lie back on the blanket allowing my eyes to fall closed as I take in the comfort of having Matty in my arms.

"Rowan?" his soft voice says, causing me to hum in question. "I love you. No matter what happens, I want you to know that."

My arm tightens around him, trying to pull him even closer, even though I am pretty sure it is impossible. "I love you too."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

143K 7.7K 39
(Book #2 in the Unusual Fate series) Keeping himself alive from one day to the next has always been Taylor Alexander's biggest concern. After meetin...
182K 7.1K 36
Caleb is your everyday dorky 19 year werewolf. He's the youngest omega of the pack but everyone loves him. Caleb lost his parents when he was 9 due t...
2.3M 118K 48
Book One in The Cure Series When the amount of Omega's being produce diminishes to almost nothing, the way packs look at omega's greatly change. In Z...
132K 4K 28
Liam Cole. He's got it all. Good looks, an intact family, and a future. Nothing can go wrong in his life, it just isn't fathomable. - Milo Lazos...