𝐌𝐄𝐑𝐂𝐘. ❪ 𝗍𝖾𝖾𝗇 𝗐𝗈...

By VOIDKHALEESII

▌ ·˚ ༘ ミ 𝒐𝑖𝑣. ┊ ❪ 𝓜𝙴𝚁𝙲𝚈! ❫   ↳ 慈悲 ❛ 𝖿𝗂𝗅𝗅 𝗆𝖾 𝗐𝗂𝗍𝗁 𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐞... More

𝐌𝐄𝐑𝐂𝐘.
𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐏𝐇.
𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐘𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐓.
⠀⠀𝐚𝐜𝐭 𝐨𝐧𝐞, 𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘯𝘢𝘭 𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥
𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ i. parasomnia
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ii. dreamcatchers
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ iii. condition terminal
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ iv. a novel approach
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ v. electric impulse
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ vi. required reader
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ vii. arrogant boy
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ viii. strange requirements
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ix. ouroboros
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ xi. status asthmaticus
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ xii. control
⠀⠀𝐚𝐜𝐭 𝐭𝐰𝐨, 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘮𝘦𝘳𝘤𝘺 𝘰𝘯 𝘮𝘺 𝘴𝘰𝘶𝘭
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ xiv. the last chimera
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ xv. lost and found
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ xvi. damnation memoriae
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ xvii. codominance
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ xviii. the sword and the spirit
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ xix. naive angel
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ xx. amplification
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ xxi. lie ability
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ xxii. a credible threat
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ xxiii. the beast on beacon street
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ xxiv. maid of gevaudan
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ xxv. beast on the loose
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ xxvi. mercy
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ epilogue | prequel

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ x. lies of omission

3.5K 100 54
By VOIDKHALEESII

・ 。゚☆: *.☽
▎ 𝑴 𝑬 𝑹 𝑪 𝒀 ▎
CHAPTER TEN ━━ lies of omission

"I don't know. It's like everyone is-is falling apart. And I don't know what to do." The red head mumbled into the phone complaining to her sister.

"Lia, from what you've told me, you all deserve a break. I mean you've kept this family together even after our paranoid brother daggered us. But if you do want them back together speak to Scott. If you need us there, you know we will come." Rebekah Mikaelson's voice sighed over the phone. Ophelia nodded even though her sister couldn't see it.

"I know, I want to but he's been acting weird to, everyone has-" She rambled.

"Does he need his limbs removed?" She over heard Kol in the background then an echoing slap. She guessed it was Davina."We miss you, O." The Original smiled hearing her soft voice.

"I miss you too, D. I'll talk to him, and it's fine, remember I can protect myself. I learned from the best." She reassured her family, as she made her way towards her locker.

"She means me of course." She heard her twin's voice over the phone, she furrowed her brows.

"Is everyone there? Hello to you to brother." She chuckled, pulling her books out of her locker, tilting her head to the side, holding her phone with her cheek.

"Your brother, is being a pain in the ass. And, yes sort of, well except for Hayley, Elijah and Hope. The girls keep asking for you too." Caroline's voice piped up. By her tone she knew she was smiling to her finacé.

"Well, he is your finacé now, so now he is partially your pain in the arse, Care. Tell the twins I'll be back during summer break. We just have a lot going on right now. I miss you guys." She softly spoke, the bell rang. "I gotta go, I love you guys." She rushed out, shutting her locker closed, hearing various 'I love yous' before she hung up.

Ophelia walked past the boys locker room hoping someone from the pack was inside. The Dread Doctors are still out there and just because it's been quiet doesn't mean they won't come back. And the pack can't break at a time like this. If Kol or Nik were here they'd make a snarky comment on how she has become a 'mini-Elijah' over her time she's spent in Beacon Hills.

The hybrid walked in hearing a locker slam and an angry Liam Dunbar. "We can't protect anyone." Liam walked away and glanced to the Original shaking his head.

Ophelia frowned and made her way to a saddened Scott McCall. "You okay?" her soft voice rang through his ears.

"Yeah." He nodded standing up smiling a false one to the girl.

"No. No you're not. Scott. None of us are." She shook her head to the Alpha. "I know you're upset Kira is gone. I am to, I'm aware it's different for you since you're in love with her. But the rest of us, can't fall apart. We need the pack together. The doctors are still out there, our circle for trust is getting smaller and now Parrish is involved. We need each other." She looked at him with pleading eyes.

"I know. I just-I don't know what to do." He frowned, Ophelia embraced the boy in a hug.

"You will. You're Scott McCall. The True Alpha. You save people, you have the purest heart out of anyone I have ever met in my 1000 years." She giggled pulling away, as he smiled down in awe at the Original. "You're strong. You're kind. You're everything I wished to be. I've done horrible things, we both know that. But I never gave up, and I know you, don't. You never have, so man up. We need to save this pack." He smiled to the red head genuinely.

"You're a good person, despite what you've done in the past. That's why I trust you, O. You've proven yourself time and time again." He threw his arm around the Original dragging her to class.

"Well, duh." She rolled her eyes, Scott smiled down at the girl. The duo walked into class, meeting Theo Raeken's eyes. Ophelia sat down in her seat. As Scott sat behind Theo, who kept his gaze away from the hybrid. Weird. She thought to herself. She furrowed her brows hearing ambulance sirens in the distance. She looked back to Scott in confusion.

The students ran out side seeing a student by the name of Corey on a stretcher mercury pooling from his mouth. Ophelia grabbed Mason's forearm gently, "What the hell happened Mase?"

"He just started bleeding everywhere. I-" Mason rambled.

"Don't let them do it. Don't let them kill me!" Corey shrieked.

Ophelia looked to Scott. "We're saving him right? Where's Hayden?" She frantically looked around.

"We gotta protect him, right?" Theo asked as they looked up to the Alpha. "Scott, come on."

"Scott!" She yelled to the boy, he looked down to the Original and nodded his head.

▂▂▂▂

OPHELIA ran through the halls in search of Malia Tate. Only for her to clash into Stiles, "Hey, I was looking for Malia-" She began.

"She mentioned another failure." Stiles looked to the shorter girl.

"We need Lydia, the body it'll be gone." Stiles and Ophelia walked through the halls as Stiles called the strawberry blonde.

"Hayden isn't answering her bloody phone, and neither is Liam." She frustratingly pulled at the ends of her hair.

"Neither is Lydia." Stiles said in confusion.

"You go get Lydia, I'll go find Hayden, I promised her I'd protect her. Stiles we can't lose anyone else." Ophelia spoke her voice cracking near the end, Stiles nodded and hugged the small girl.

"Team Stelia never loses." He confidently said to the red head, who smiled widely at the hazel eyed boy. "Go find them I'll find Lydia." The hybrid chuckled through teary eyes and sped off to find Liam and Hayden.

▂▂▂▂

"COME on, Liam. Pick up your damn phone." Ophelia muttered as she stalked up to Sinema. She checked Hayden and Liam's house only for their parents to say they were at a friend's house aka Mason. Which irritated the hybrid since she knew Mason was with Corey earlier and Liam and Hayden had been gone for hours.

She ran in seeing Liam be whipped to the floor by the Doctors. "No!" She screamed running in growling and hissing. She jumped on one of the doctors back as he threw her across the floor. Scott jumped down from the ceilings beams and fought alongside the Original and his beta. Each throwing punches and dodges. Growls and grunts filled the room. Ophelia looked up seeing a doctor attack Scott. She sped up to him and threw him off of the Alpha. Whipping her head around the doctor grabbed Ophelia flinging her across the floor.

She was picked up by her waist turned around hissing about to rip into whoever it was' throat, only to see glowing golden eyes. "Go, take Liam and Hayden. Go Lia!" Theo shouted to the girl, with a nod she sprinted towards Liam. Both speeding off into a secluded room finding Hayden get injected with mercury.

"No!" Ophelia screamed as tears breamed her eyes looking at the Chimera. Both Liam and Ophelia rushed to her picking her up. "We'll fix it." She promised the girl. Theo and Scott ran in seeing the two holding the Chimera.

"I'm okay. Really I think I'm okay." The two girls embraced as Liam spoke to the boys.

"She looks okay. Maybe she'll heal." Liam said hopeful.

"Or maybe she won't." Scott piped up. Ophelia looked up from the Chimera in her arms to Scott.

"What if something's happening to her on the inside?" Ophelia asked.

"Get them to the animal clinic." Scott directed Theo who nodded to the Alpha.

The three made their way into Theo's truck in a hurry. "Keep her awake." Theo demanded. Ophelia looked back to the brunette's. "I don't think it's a good idea to let her fall asleep." Theo looked in the rear view mirror.

"Hayden, stay awake." Ophelia spoke up to the Chimera.

"I'm so tired." Hayden muttered.

"Yeah, I know, but you can't go to sleep. How do we help her?" Liam asked worriedly.

"I don't know. When it's wolfsbane poisoning you burn it out. But I don't know anything about mercury. Especially a kind that's probably been altered by them." Theo shook his head.

"Is she going to heal." Liam asked softly.

"She isn't like us, Liam. They're like, cheap knockoffs. They aren't like us." Ophelia spoke up, Theo glanced to her from the corner of his eye, slightly hurt by her words. "But Scott, he'll have a plan. He always does." She reassured.

"What if we turn her into one? Or a vampire?" Liam asked the red head and the wolf who sat in the front seats of the truck.

Ophelia looked back to him, and bit her lip. The possible negative outcomes that come with that clouding her head. Theo looked over to the hybrid. "I-I don't know if that's a good idea." She mumbled. "Scott, he can turn her into a wolf."

Theo looked to the girl in the passenger seat who fiddled with her bracelet. He could smell her anxiety, sadness, and worry. He wanted to reassure her but he knew he couldn't. She deserved better, she was just a pawn in a game. His game. His grip on the steering wheel tightened, knuckles turning white.

▂▂▂▂

THEY stood in the animal clinic, waiting for Scott and Stiles. Upon their arrival Ophelia's nerves faded slightly. Until she listened in on their conversation. She listened as Scott asked about Donovan. She didn't understand how Scott had found out about that night. She knows for a fact she hadn't said a single word. She glanced to the wolf in the corner of the room who stood silent listening in as well.

"You killed him?" Scott asked in disbelief.

"He was going to kill me. Was I just supposed to let him?" Stiles retorted.

"You weren't supposed to do this. None of us are." Scott said in disbelief.

"You think I had a choice? Ophelia has done far worse, and we all trust her. Even if what she did was in the past and wasn't self defence; she's killed people. I killed him, but it was self defence he came after me Scott." Ophelia inhaled sharply. How did Scott find out? She thought to herself. She looked up seeing Theo. Her eyes narrowing, her fists balling into fists. He wouldn't she thought.

"You always have a choice. And I'm aware of what she has done. We all know." Scott retorted to his best friend.

"Yeah, well, I can't do what you can, Scott. I know you wouldn't have done it. You probably would've just figured something out, right?" Stiles scoffed to his best friend.

"I'd try." Scott nodded to the human.

"Yeah, because you're Scott McCall! You're the true Alpha! Guess what? All of us can't be true Alphas. Some of us make mistakes. Some of us have to get our hands a little bloody sometimes. Some of us are human!" Stiles shouted causing the doe eyed girls heart to ache at his words. Ophelia blinked away her tears, biting her lip harder.

"So, you had to kill him?" Scott questioned further in disbelief.

"Scott, he was going to kill my dad." Stiles explained defending his actions.

"But the way that it happened... There's a point where it's-it's not self-defence anymore!" Ophelia furrowed her brows in confusion at Scott's words.

"What are you talking about? I didn't have a choice, Scott! You don't even believe me, do you?" Stiles asked in disbelief.

"I want to." Scott frowned.

"Okay, all right so. So believe me then." Stiles pleaded, stepping towards his best friend with watery eyes.

Ophelia felt tears, in her eyes. Tasting iron she knew she had broke skin on her lip. She prayed Scott would know his best friend would never harm someone purposely. That he was in fact telling the truth. That he wasn't like her. Theo looked to the girl, guilt coarse through him. He broke his gaze listening back in on the two best friends.

"Scott, say you believe me." Stiles pleaded. "Say it. Say you believe me." Stiles' voice cracked.

"Stiles, we can't kill people that we're trying to save." Scott shook his head.

"Say you believe me. Lia she believes me and she wasn't even there. Scott, I've known you longer and yet you don't even believe me." Stiles pleaded, his voice wavering.

"We can't kill people! Do you believe that? She believes you because she's killed before too!"
Ophelia listened to Stiles' heart beat as it beat erratically against his ribcage. She let a tear escape as she listened to Scott's words.

"Well, what do I do about this? What do you want me to do? Okay, just... Scott, just tell me how to fix this, all right? Please, just tell me, what do you want me to do?" Stiles pleaded his voice cracking.

Ophelia bit on her bottom lip, she wanted to go out there defend the hazel eyed boy. But the dying girl laying on the table wasn't helping her decisions and stress levels. What Scott said next let the girl release a string of tears down her pale cheeks. "Don't worry about Malia or Lydia. We'll find them. Maybe-uh, maybe you should talk to your dad."

She rested her head against the stone wall behind her. Her fists tightening her claws extended, digging into the palms of her hands causing blood to drip to the side of her to the floor. Blinking away her tears. Her anger towards the doctors consuming her, her frustration with the pack not being together, her killing Erica, Scott and Stiles falling apart.

Scott walked in to see a glare evident on the Original's face, she walked over beside Hayden, kneeling down by the brunette. "She's getting worse. I think she's dying." She monotonously said to the Alpha.

She was angry he'd just leave his best friend like that. Yes murder is bad she wasn't stupid, she understood that after being with the McCall pack. She admired the two boy's friendship, they were like brothers. They'd die for each other, they proved that time and time again. It reminded her of Elijah and Nikaus Mikaelson. It reminded her of Stefan and Damon Salvatore. She knew it wasn't entirely the same, but you never turn your back on family. She knew Scott was making a huge mistake, leaving Stiles Stilinski; the boy whose saved them countless times.

"It's got to be some kind of mercury poisoning." Theo spoke up.

"Scott, remember what you promised me. You said you'd do everything you could to save her." Liam looked up to the Alpha.

Ophelia tuned them out looking down at the Chimera who gritted her teeth in pain. She refused to let the girl die, she refused for the pack to fall apart after everything the had been through. She refused to let Scott would banish his best friend away. Her heartbeat pounded in her ears, she wanted to scream and lash out. She wanted everyone to just be safe and for everyone to stay alive. Was that to much to ask? She thought to herself.

She was broken out of her thoughts hearing Liam's words, "Scott, you need to give her the bite."
He pleaded his Alpha.

"No."

AN 🦋✨🧚🏼‍♀️

just cue Kevin Hart's voice because,
'it's about to go down.'

* listen to the song when they arrive to the vet. *

Ophelia is gonna lose her shit on Scott and Theo. Granted she's been a good hybrid lately, but she is the twin sister of Klaus Mikaelson. Her temper is quite low when it comes to her not getting her way. In this case Hayden's life. And that scene with Stiles literally broke my heart again, and I didn't know wtf to write for this chapter in the beginning, seeing as there were barley any scenes or scenario I could put her in so I put her with Scott. I wanted a little bit of Stelia, for you guys to see their friendship.

𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭, 𝟐𝟕𝟕𝟎

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

469K 11.9K 32
𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐍𝐒 | ❝ sʜᴇ ɢᴏᴛ ʜᴏʀɴs ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴀ ᴅᴇᴠɪʟ, ᴘᴏɪɴᴛᴇᴅ ᴀᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇs ɴᴏᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ʀᴜɴ, ...
8.2K 171 33
a girl struggling with the will to live and a man whose been taking peoples lives for 1000 years. who ever thought these opposites would attract. St...
42.8K 1.1K 36
"𝑇ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔𝑠 𝑑𝑖𝑑𝑛'𝑡 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑘 𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑦 𝐼 𝑤𝑎𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑚 𝑡𝑜.𝐼 𝑔𝑢𝑒𝑠𝑠 𝐼 𝑤𝑎𝑠 𝑗𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑢𝑠𝑒𝑑 𝑡𝑜 𝑏𝑒𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒...
98.2K 1.6K 26
Book one of the hybrid series ~~~ "Don't fuck with my feelings, just because you are unsure of your own." ~~~ Life is hard, isn't it? Being separate...