❤ We Are. ❤ (Sequel to Stuck...

By _Penguin_Girl_

The popular girl fell in love with the nerd. 10 years later the high school sweethearts are happily married a... More

We Are. (Sequel to Stuck.)
Chapter 1: I still remember...
Chapter 2: The letter.
Chapter 3: I was kidding.
Chapter 4: Teacher talk.
Chapter 5: The call.
Chapter 6: Mommy is going away.
Chapter 7: Breakfast.
Chapter 8: Family-time.
Chapter 9: Kissing goodbye.
Chapter 10: Arriving in Vegas.
Chapter 11: First call home.
Chapter 12: Logan's departure.
Chapter 13: Wake me up when it's all over.
Chapter 14: Unsure.
Chapter 15: Hospital visit.
Chapter 16: Skypecall.
Chapter 17: Welcome home.
Chapter 18: Are we there yet?
Chapter 19: Trying to work here.
Chapter 20: Work-reception.
Chapter 21: Congratulations.
Chapter 22: We Are still deciding.
Chapter 23: Family visit.
Chapter 24: He wants to meet up with me.
Chapter 25: Los Angels.
Chapter 26: The "meeting".
Chapter 29: Crying and apologizing.
Chapter 30: A small get together. (Final chapter)

Chapter 28: What's going on?

765 44 25
By _Penguin_Girl_

James' P.O.V.

"James, I need to tell you something." Joni says in a serious tone.

"What is it sweetheart?"

"I wanna quit singing."

"But you love singing."

"I know but it's all just to much you know? And with you being in that movie. We barely see each other, only on the weekends and even then we're too busy doing other things."

"I'm here now and it's not weekend." It's true though. I should make more time for her.

"I just want to get out of the show business." l nod in understanding. "It'll be better for all of us."

"It's your decision and I completely support you in that."

"Thank you." Just as I was about to step closer to her she walks away from me. I let out a sigh. I don't get it first she complains about us not spending enough time together and now she's so distant. I go upstairs and plop down on the bed, turning the T.V. on. Minutes later Joni comes in with a laundry basket.

"Babe?" She doesn't answer. "Babe?"

"Hmm?" She responds absentmindedly.

"Come lay with me please." I pat the spot next to me.

"I can't James. I'm doing laundry."

"First you complain about us not spending any time together and now that I want to you're being like that!" She drops the basket and walks closer to the bed.

"Like what James?!" She says in an angry tone, crossing her arms.

"Distant! You know ever since you came back from L.A. you've been very distant and I want to know what's going on!" I get up and stand in front of her.

"Nothing is going on!" She tries to get away but I grab her arm before she can.

"Then why is it you barely let me touch or kiss you? I know you better than this Joni." Weird. I never really call her by her name. Usually I call her boo or babe or something like that. "I know you're keeping something from me and I wanna know what it is. So tell me what the heck is going on?!"

"Nothing!"

"Does it have something to do with L.A.?! Did something happen there?! Did you even go to L.A.?!"

"Of course I went to L.A.! Where else would I have been?!"

~Flashback.~

Joni's parents agreed to babysit the kids today, so Joni and I could have some alone time. We weren't planning on doing anything special. Just being together and enjoying each other's company was enough. We were strolling through the streets, hand in hand, stores passing by us left and right. "Joni?" I suddenly behind us. We turn around.

"Zac?" Joni asks in disbelieve. The guy nods. "Oh my God, I can't believe it's actually you. It's been so long." She wraps her arms around him and hugs him tight. "Oh, how rude...uhm James this is Zac, we were in high school together before I got to know you. Zac, this is my husband, James." She introduces us and we shake hands.

"You're...married?"

"Sure am." She holds up her hand to show him her wedding ring. "And mother of two beautiful children." She continues with a bright smile on her face. "What about you? Wife? Kids?"

"Uhm, no. My girlfriend and I broke up a few months ago."

"I'm so sorry."

"Don't be. It's not like it's your fault." He laughs nervously. Something is wrong with this dude.

"We should really catch up some time."

"Yeah." He breaths out with a smile. "We should." Joni takes a step closer to him, giving him a hug. As soon as they part I take her hand firmly in mine. I shake Zac's hand giving him a stern look and we continue walking.

"Are you hungry?" I ask after a long silents.

"Uhm yeah, a little."

"Wanna go for dinner?"

"Sure." We go on a restaurant-hunt. After about an hour of searching we finally find a place to eat. We sit down at a table and order. Her hand rests on top of the table, mine on top of hers, softly stroking her knuckles with my thumb. I love this kind of moments, just Joni and I, and I know she does too. Don't get me wrong, we absolutely adore our kids but we also love our 'alone-time'.

~End of flashback.~

"I don't know! With that Zac guy! Cheating on me!" I feel a sharp pain on my cheek. Did she really just hit me? I slowly turn my head to look at her. Both of our faces full of pure shock. I push past her and step into the closet. I quickly grab some clothes and storm of the stairs, leaving Joni standing there in pure shock. I get into my car and take off. I don't really know where to go but going home wasn't an option. We both need some time to cool off. I decide to go to Carlos'. It's been a while since I've last seen him. It takes me about an hour to get there. I ring the doorbell and Carlos opens. "Hey dude. Can I crash here?" He moves aside to let me in. We both sit down on the couch.

"So tell me. What happened?" Carlos asks.

"We had a fight."

"Clearly, otherwise you wouldn't be here right now."

"I think she's cheating on me."

"What makes you think that?"

"Well first of all, a few weeks ago we came across this Zac-guy. She cleams to be knowing him since high school, before her and I got to know each other. There was just something about the way she was hugging him and the way he was looking at her."

"This is all just your jealousy talking."

"If it's just my jealousy talking, then explain to me why she suddenly had to go to L.A.to 'meet up with her manager'." I made air-quotes  on the last part of my sentence. "Or why she has been so distance since she came back."

"Look James. I know this might sound weird coming from me but I've know you guys long enough to know that Joni would never do that to you."

"Oh please, you never even liked her. You've been waiting for this moment. Waiting to tell me I told you so!" Great, now I'm raising my voice at my best friend too.

"Dude! Calm down."

"I'm sorry. It's just...I'm nothing without her Los. I love her."

"I know. And I know she loves you too." I let out a sigh and let my hand go through my hair. I hear their front door open.

"Babe?!" I hear Alexa's voice.

"Living room!" Carlos answers.

"Uncle James!" Alexander, their son, screams as he runs towards me. He gives me tight hug.

"Hey buddy. How are you?"

"Good." He says with a bright smile.

"That's good." I ruffle his hair. He goes and sits on Carlos' lap.

"Hey James." Alexa says giving me a hug. "Joni not here?" I let out a deep sigh.

"Uhm, no. We uhm we had a fight."

"Oh I'm so sorry."

"It's okay, you didn't know."

"Uhm babe, do you mind." Carlos motions his head to Alexander.

"Oh yeah, sure. Come on Alex." She says picking him up.

"But I wanna play with daddy and uncle James."

"You don't want to play with mommy." Alexa asks pretended to be sad.

"Of course I wanna play with you mommy." He hugs her tight.

"Then let's go."

"To the playroom." He sticks his little finger in the air and Alexa runs of with him.

"So what are you gonna do?" Carlos asks after a minute of silents.

"I don't know." I sigh. "I already miss her."

"Then go back."

"I don't know if that's a good idea." He gives me a confused look. "We both needed some time to cool off."

"But you already miss her and I'm sure she misses you too. And what about Nick and Lily?"

"I don't know. How do I know for sure she isn't cheating on me? And even if she isn't there has to be a reason why she has been so distant. You know what maybe you were right all those years, maybe Joni and I weren't meant to be. Maybe I'm just not good enough for her."

"Dude, stop it, just stop it; Stop bringing yourself down. Did you maybe even think that I could've been wrong? Wait that was a stupid question, of course you did, because you love her. It's why you proposed to her and it why she said yes. It's why you guys started a family."

"I just need some time to let everything that happened sink in." Carlos nods in understanding.

"Come on, I'll take you to the guestroom." I nod as we get up. I take my bag and follow Carlos upstairs. He opens a door and step inside. I drop my bag on the bed. We go to the room across the hall. "Who's hungry?" Carlos asks.

"Me!" Alexander yells.

"How about we order some pizza?"

"Yaay!" He exclaims. I wonder what Nicholas is doing right now. We all go downstairs and Carlos orders the pizza. "Uncle James?"

"Yes Alex?"

"Why are you not home?" I give him a confused look.

"You want me gone?"

"No, no. it's not that. But why are you not with auntie Joni?" I let out a sigh.

"Your auntie and I had a fight and she's very mad at me."

"Why?"

"Because I said something I shouldn't have said."

"Well shouldn't you be with her to say sorry?"

"It's not that easy, Alex."

"Pizza's here!" Alexa calls. We eat the pizza. As I finish I throw my box in the trash.

"If you don't mind, I'm gonna go upstairs."

"Of course not. Call us if you need anything." I nod and make my way upstairs. I plop down on the bed and let out a sigh. I strip to my boxers and get under the covers. I put my hands behind my head and think about everything that had happened today. Could it really just be jealousy? A small smile creeps on my face as I think back to when Joni used to get jealous. It was so adorable.

~Flashback~

Joni and I walked the school halls, hand in hand. "Hey Jamie." Jennifer says, in a flirty way, walking by us. she waves at me. I feel Joni's grip on my hand tighten. Jennifer turns around and winks at me.

"Okay. That's it." I hear Joni say. "Come here." She stands in front of me. She lets her hands go through my hair repeatedly, flattening it and fixes my glasses.

"Babe, what are you doing?" I say clearly confused.

"I like you better with your hair long and flat."

"I probably look hideous right now."

"Oh please, you could never look hideous. That's why all those sluts are drooling over you all the time." A small smile creeps on my lips as I realise what this is about. I hold her head between my hands.

"You're so adorable when you're jealous." She scoffs.

"I'm not jealous."

"Sure you aren't." I smirk. She rolls her eyes. I crash my lips on hers. She wraps her arms around my neck and holds onto me for dear life. "You're mine and I'm yours. Forever." I peck her lips again. "I love you." A beautiful smile is visible on her face.

"I love you too." She leans in and kisses me again.

~End Of Flashback.~

I miss her. I take out my phone and slide through some pictures until I hear a knock on the door. I quickly put my shirt back on. "Yeah?" Alexa enters.

"Hey." She says softly.

"Hey." I say in the same tone.

"How are you?" I shrug.

"I don't even know." She sits down on the bed next to me. She spots my phone next to me which was still showing a picture of Joni.

"You miss her, don't you?" I nod. "Well then what are you doing here?"

"She pretty mad at me. I don't think it's smart for me to go back now."

"How mad?"

"She slapped me."

"She had every right."

"What?"

"You accused her of cheating!" Alexa points out. "Look, I haven't know Joni as long as you and Los but I know her well enough to see that she's head over heels for you, she wouldn't cheat on you."

"Uncle James?" We hear from behind the door.

"Yes." Alexander enters the room.

"I just wanted to come say goodnight." He comes up to me and gives me a thigh hug.

"Night buddy." I release him from my grip and he runs to his room.

"I'm gonna go tuck him in." Alexa says getting up from the bed. "Goodnight James."

"Night." She hugs me and leaves the room, closeing the door behind her. I take my shirt off again and grab my phone. I unlock it and the picture pops up again, I give it a small kiss. "Goodnight baby."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

wow long update !! I think I'm gonna make this a 30 chapter book =)

Had a great birthday =)

I LOVE YOU ALL <3

-JonasRush <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.6K 307 28
Eighteen year old Kendall Schmidt is the son of a billionaire. His father wants him to marry girls that are rich just like him. Only problem is, Kend...
82.6K 1.6K 46
A Kendall Schmidt Story, of course ^_^ I actually don't really have a storyline in mind, I write what comes up, I usually dream pieces of what I real...
80.8K 2K 40
What happens when a girl is stuck between popularity and love?
108K 2.7K 26
Your parents sent you away to a private school, the same one as your cousin James is going to. Trying to survive private school life with a little he...