Too Far to Reach (Kakashi Lov...

By MonkeyChronicles1010

I DO NOT OWN NARUTO. Tomiko Kobayashi was forced to leave her dead clan with a mysterious stone when a man na... More

[1] Prologue
[2] Meeting a Visitor
[3] Fatigue
[4] Why am I Here?
[5] Hiruzen Sarutobi
[6] Neighbors
[7] The Academy
[8] Meeting Raven-Hair
[9] Transformation Jutsu...?
[10] *Bangs Head on Wall 'cause has no Chapter Naming Ideas*
[11] New Team
[12] Survival of the...Fittest?
[13] Meeting The Old Drunken Fart
[14] Trouble on the Journey
[15] Since when were there Cows in the Land of Waves!?
[16] Kakashi's Fight to the Death...with a Cow
[17] Climbing Trees Used to be My Specialty
[18] Stealing Chakra
[19] Memories
[20] Some of the Story
[21] Cow Guy Returns
[22] Enter the Stone
[23] Permanent Scar
[24] That Night
[25] Accusations
[27] The Search
[27] Kakashi POV
[28] Bonding Around A Campfire
[29] Sparring Practice
[30] Revelation
[31] Broken
[32] Back to the Village
[33] An Old Face
[34] Drinking Games
[35] That Awkward Moment When You're in a Bathhouse...
[36] Confessions and A Dinner Date
[37] Yosuke's Jutsu
[38] A Speech

[26] Behind Bars

8.2K 268 30
By MonkeyChronicles1010

The cell they threw me in was dark and dingy. The bars were rusty and apparently had my chakra recognized, so if I tried anything then "something bad would happen."

I tucked my knees up into my chest, resting my chin on them. The stone was no longer there to light up the room for me or make me feel less lonely. But that was all I felt right now: alone.

"--Kid's got no chance." My ears were picking up on the two guards' conversation outside. It was obvious enough that they were talking about me. I scooted closer to the bars, trying to hear through the cracked door on the opposite side of the room.

"They have enough evidence to prove that she isn't some innocent little girl now," one said. "That stone is all they really need."

"And besides, if they can't get through to her, then she'll have to deal with an interrogation session with Ibiki. Good luck she'll have with that." The two snickered. I moved back into the corner. Who was Ibiki? Interrogation session? What are they going to do to me?

The door I was previously eavesdropping through opened. My head snapped up to see one of the two guards. "You have a visitor," he snapped. What was with everyone suddenly hating me?

"A visitor?" I inquired, and once I saw who walked in I jumped to my feet.

"Hey."

"Sasuke!" I grinned at him. "Look, I know this doesn't exactly look goo--"

"Hn." He whipped his head to the side, making sure the guard had left the room. He turned back to me. "Look, I don't believe what they told us. None of us do. Kakashi-sensei is just a little torn up about it. He doesn't know what to believe. What's the truth?"

I gripped the bars. "You know that woman in her 20's that escaped the Kobayashi clan's mass murder?"

He nodded.

I hesitated, then gulped, talking in a low whisper. "That was me. My name is Tomiko Kobayashi."

Sasuke frowned. "How long have you been in here for? You're already turning crazy."

"What? No! It's the truth! How else could I have the stone?"

Sasuke started to talk, but then stopped. He "hn"ed. "I don't know, you stole it, I guess? I just don't believe that you murdered a whole clan. It's not like you."

"Oh, and being a thief is? How does that work?" My grip on the bars tightened. I really wished that piece of metal was Sasuke's neck right now.

The guard stepped back in. "Time's up, kid."

I reached my hand through the bars and grabbed Sasuke's collar, whispering sharply in his ear, "Tell the team I did not do it. I would never kill...my family."

Letting go, Sasuke's face twisted in confusion. He must've been annoyed with all the two-sided stories he's getting.

"Come on." The guard ushered Sasuke out and shut the door behind him, leaving me again in the dark and lonely atmosphere once again.

My body collapsed back against the wall. I was tired, thirsty, hungry, and felt sick. I thought I got over my claustrophobia many years ago; I guess not.

Dad's words buzzed around in my head from when I asked him how to come back if I wanted to: "Try meditating, it might help."

I straightened my spine and sat up, not drooping onto the wall. My eyes closed and I breathed in through my nose, out through my mouth. I sat in complete silence, channeling my chakra and having it course all through my being. It felt both peaceful and powerful.

I sat there for at least ten minutes, my mind completely cleared, not even falling asleep. It was like I wasn't even conscious anymore.

Suddenly, I felt a stronger and more dominant chakra take over my body. It was like a bursting wake-up call. My eyes snapped open at the quick rush going through my body. I stood up quickly and tried shaking off the unusual feeling. What was even more unusual was that I felt taller and a bit more cramped in the cell.

When I looked down, I nearly cheered my lungs out. The stone's power actually came to me! Its chakra collided with mine in the strange interception.

I was no longer using my own chakra these bars had recognized to keep me secured. I was now surrounded in the stone's chakra.

I was back.

~~~~~

These chapters all coming up are pretty short. Not so sure about these next ones, but this one and the one before were very important yet short. Sorry :/

I'm gonna start adding less of an author's note on here. I've made some that were REALLY LONG and took up like a page of the chapter. :/ So unless it's important or me just ranting about a picture/video, then it won't be written. (Like what I just wrote here!)

Alright, SCREW IT! No picture. -_-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

78.3K 4K 22
Sequel to The Different One. I recommend you read that one first. Hibiki Tsukino has left the Leaf Village after saving the criminal Itachi Uchiha f...
428K 17K 87
Yoshima Senju is the princess of the Senju clan. She always has had the dream of becoming a Shinobi, but her family makes sure she's kept safe at al...
132K 4K 23
Kakashi X READER ((Readers reviews with no spoilers is the last entry take a look to see if you think my fanfic is worth reading.)) Summary Kakashi...
52.2K 1.4K 44
At only 7 years old, Yuki was abandoned by her village at a young age after an act of self defense to save her life was misconstrued for cold blooded...