A Bet too Far

Door bigred0603

mlp eqg fan fic: Rainbow Dash and Applejack have been engaging in a series of bets that have been increasingl... Meer

Preface
Prolouge
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Epilouge

Chapter 1

4.2K 25 6
Door bigred0603

     Twilight, Rarity, Pinkie Pie and Sunset Shimmer were sitting across the table from Applejack, who seemed unperturbed despite the accusing glances the four others were giving her.

     They were all hanging out at what had become a regular spot after school, a cozy cafe in between Canterlot High and Crystal prep. Though none of them particularly cared for the food, the drinks were good enough, and the cafe featured some games like pool and darts that they could play to pass the time. Though this time, there was little fun to be had, as everyone was fairly mad at Applejack after hearing the prank she pulled on Rainbow Dash and Big Mac.

"Are ya'll just gonna stare at me all day?" Applejack asked annoyed.

"Like you stared at Rainbow Dash?" Sunset replied smarmily.

"Oh come off it, she lost the bet, and she agreed to what would happen if she lost," Applejack said defensively.

"She agreed to the terms, because she assumed it would just be you and her there," Sunset added. Applejack scoffed.

"Well that's what she gets for assuming."

"When you were stating the terms to the bet, you mentioned that you lived alone for the most part," Twilight said scientifically, not looking up from whatever she was reading on her laptop. "So rainbow Dash made a safe assumption in assuming it would be just you two."

"Regardless," Rarity interjected. "You shouldn't have done that too her. I for one am refusing to take part in any more of your hair brained bets. That outfit you had me make for her was ridiculous, and I do not want word getting around town that I make 'that' kind of clothing. Draws in the wrong crowd."

"It's not my fault she's agreeing to all of these bets," Applejack said quietly

"Well it's your fault you keep making them," Sunset replied.

"All right fine," Applejack said defeated. "No more bets, this was the last one."

"Well that's something," Sunset said with twinge of relief.

     Before Sunset could rejoice in her small victory, Rainbow Dash entered the cafe, with Fluttershy following meekly behind her.

"You're being ridiculous Rainbow Dash," Fluttershy scolded as loud as she could.

"No I'm not!" Rainbow Dash angrily retorted as she angrily approached Applejack. Applejack was shocked as Rainbow Dash approached her. "Double or nothing!" Rainbow Dash said confidently.

"What!" Sunset yelled.

"Ahhh!" Rarity screamed in frustration.

"This is highly illogical," Twilight said calmly still looking at her computer.

"Are you kiddin' me?" Applejack said in disbelief.

"No double or nothing let's go," Rainbow Dash continued.

"Rainbow Dash, I don't think that's a good idea," Rarity cautioned.

"Yeah you guys went way overboard with the last one," Sunset added. "And it's only going to escalate."

"This time is different though," Rainbow Dash said. "I can feel it."

"Yeah, saying that raises some big red flags," Twilight said looking up from her computer for once.

"Are we on?" Rainbow Dash asked Applejack, ignoring Twilight.

"No," Applejack said with a sigh. "They're right Dash, this is starting to get ridiculous. I'm done making these bets with you."

"Noooo," Rainbow Dash whined. "Come on just one more, I'll do whatever you want if you win."

"No," Applejack repeated giving in to the angry stares her friends were giving her.

"What are you? Chicken? Come on AJ." Applejack sighed as Rainbow was starting to annoy her.

"Fine double or nothing," Applejack said angrily. This garnered several groans from the others. "If I win though, then Then you aren't allowed to make any more bets." The group calmed down a little at this admittedly elegant solution.

"And if I win," Rainbow Dash said. "You have to be my baby for a day."

"That seems like a weird prize," Pinkie Pie questioned.

"Yeah, like what do you mean baby?" Rarity asked confused.

"I mean baby," Rainbow Dash said frustrated. "You know she has to do what I say, and use diapers, and dress in ridiculous outfits."

"But you'd spend all of your time taking care of her wouldn't you?" Twilight questioned.

"Yeah," Pinkie Pie echoed. "And taking care of a baby is a lot of work."

"What's your game?" Applejack asked mildly annoyed by the questions from her friends.

"Pool," Rainbow Dash answered. This elected a sigh from everyone else. Pool was the last game Rainbow Dash tried to win, and Applejack won thoroughly, Rainbow Dash didn't land a single ball in.

"Ok sure pool," Applejack said chuckling. "This will be a cake walk." The group made their way to an empty pool table, and Applejack began to expertly rack up the balls.

"I just want you guys to know," Twilight spoke up. "The odds of Rainbow Dash winning are four to one."

"Oooh I'll take that bet," Rarity said offering up some money.

"All right," Applejack said sliding the balls into place and removing the triangle expertly. "I'll let you break," Applejack said tossing a pool cue to Rainbow Dash. In attempting to catch it, Rainbow Dash fumbled around, and dropped it clumsily on the floor.

"This isn't going to be pretty," Sunset sighed, burying her head in her hands. Rainbow Dash nervously approached the pool table to line up her shot. She suddenly had second thoughts about this, she realized as she stepped up, that she didn't stand a chance against Applejack, and she was thankful that there really wasn't anything on the line for her.

      She stole a glance at Applejack, who was watching with a smug expression. What Rainbow Dash wouldn't give in that moment to wipe that smug expression off of Applejack's face, even though she knew she was doomed to fail she had to try. It's what kept driving her to make these bets with Applejack to begin with, the urge to win, and, at least for this particular bet, for something else.

     She knew it was a long shot, but if she could get a baby for even a day. Rainbow Dash shook her head to clear it of these thoughts and focus on the task at hand.

"You gonna go already," Applejack said annoyed. "You've been starin' at the cue ball fer like twenty minutes."

"I'm aiming ok!" Rainbow Dash countered angrily. "You're making me loose concentration." Applejack sighed.

      Rainbow Dash lined up her shot carefully, and when she felt the moment was right she hit the cue ball. The hit was true and the ball went flying toward the other balls, and they broke apart violently with a crack. The balls bounced around the table, and off of each other. One ball made its way in to a pocket, then two. Applejack's expression turned to shock as one by one all of the solid balls made their way to a pocket. The 8 ball teetered on the edge of the table for a moment before it fell into one of the side pockets, with a thud.

"Critical hit!" Twilight exclaimed, as rainbow Dash had effectively done the impossible in sinking every solid ball with a single shot.

"YESSSS!!!" Rainbow Dash screamed with surprised satisfaction while Applejack and the others were to shocked to speak, save for Pinkie Pie who was celebrating along with Applejack. Twilight begrudgingly handed Rarity a fist full of bills as the celebrating continued.

"The chances of that happening again are," Twilight began running calculations in her head. "It's almost impossible."

"Woo hoo!" Rainbow Dash continued celebrating. "Pinkie Pie fire the cannons!"

"Firing cannons!" Pinkie Pie said soldierly as she began firing party cannons that seemed to appear from nowhere.

"Now Rainbow Dash," Rarity said concerned. "We were just telling Applejack how ridiculous these bets were getting. Don't you think it would be for the best if you just let this go?" Rarity asked hopefully.

"No way," Rainbow Dash said proudly. "This is my victory, and I'm going to relish it. Like Applejack always said to me, 'she knew what she signed up for.'"

"She's right," Applejack spoke up. "She won fair and square, and I gotta live up to my word."

"That's right you do!" Rainbow Dash said tauntingly.

"Come on Dash, can't you just drop it?" Sunset Shimmer begged. "This is only going to keep escalating, until you both do something that makes you hate each other."

"Listen to Sunset Rainbow Dash," Fluttershy said whispering quietly near Rainbow Dash. "You know this isn't going to end well."

"Ugh fine" Rainbow Dash said annoyed. "You guys always ruin things when I finally start having fun. This will be the last one, but Applejack's not getting out of it."

"I'm not trying to Rainbow Dash," Applejack said angrily. "Like I said you won fair and square, if only by random chance."

"Ha I'll take random chance if it means I win," Rainbow Dash said gloating. "Rarity," Rainbow Dash began but she was quickly cut off.

"Oh no," Rarity said in a serious tone. "I'm not making any more outfits for you two."

"Oh come one, that last one was all Applejack. I'm not wanting anything like that. Come on it's something you've never tried before," Rainbow Dash said showing Rarity a picture on her phone. Rainbow Dash knew how to push Rarity's buttons. Rarity looked at the picture and back to Rainbow Dash with a look of amazed frustration.

"Well it is certainly a different style," Rarity said struggling with her inner desire to make the dress. "And it would be a fun challenge."

"Yeah, and it's the last time you'll have to make an outfit for me or Applejack, after this we'll never bother you again."

"Don't you do it," Sunset said threateningly. Rarity was visibly struggling. She knew that she would only be exacerbating the problem by agreeing to make the dress, but the sample Rainbow Dash showed her was truly unique, and would pose a challenge that she couldn't resist.

"Ahhh fine," Rarity growled.

"Yes!" Rainbow Dash cheered. "Everything is coming up Rainbow Dash."

"I do have to say though this is a very odd design choice," Rarity said puzzled. "I'll need you to come with me to my studio to finalize the details."

"Can't you do that yourself, you know how I hate all this fashion stuff."

"Hey who's making who a dress for the fun of it? That would be moi, you could at least pay me in sacrificing some of your own free time to the cause."

"I can't believe you agreed to do this," Sunset said tiredly.

"The art calls to me Sunset Shimmer, I don't expect you to understand," Rarity said sophisticated as she got up to leave, Rainbow Dash following her excitedly.

"Wait up Dashie, you're my ride home," Fluttershy said meekly chasing after the two of them as they left the cafe.

Applejack's head rested on the table silently.

"It's your own fault you know," Twilight said plainly.

"Shut up I know it is," Applejack replied tiredly.

AUTHORS NOTE: So we haven't got into the good stuff yet, gotta build it up you know. This is just some fun group dynamics, which is one of my favorite parts about doing mlp fanfiction. The characters are already very well defined, so it's very easy to put them in situations and know how they would react. Even if it's a lot of writing to have a scene with 7 characters all talking and interjecting into something, it's fun to do. So hang in there, I'll earn that ab/dl tag yet you just have to hang in there.

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

10.8K 394 22
When Applejack & Rainbow Dash are called on a friendship mission, the map says the friendship problem is in Twilights Castle! Rainbow Dash gets tired...
9.1K 228 24
โ๐ˆ ๐ค๐ง๐ž๐ฐ ๐ฐ๐ก๐ž๐ง ๐ˆ ๐ฆ๐ž๐ญ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐š๐ง ๐š๐๐ฏ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ž ๐ฐ๐š๐ฌ ๐ ๐จ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ญ๐จ ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ฉ๐ž๐งโž . . . . . ๊’ฐ Rainbow Dash had met a person tha...
139K 4.5K 42
IF YOU DONT SHIP APPLEDASH, THEN DONT READ. When Soarin - a handsome wonderbolt - flirts with the one and only wonderfully talented Rainbow Dash, A...
8.7K 457 30
It's a few years after graduation at Canterlot College. Rainbow Dash has settled into her temporary placement on the official Canterlot soccer team w...