Accidental Love (Watty Awards...

By maiagujo

18 year old Anne was just released from the custody of her foster parents. She spent 9 horrible years with th... More

CHAPTER 1: SUPPOSED TO BE
CHAPTER 2: AWAKE
CHAPTER 3: IT'S NOT ALL ABOUT YOU
CHAPTER 4: STILL HERE
CHAPTER 5: STARING MATCH
CHAPTER 6: SO CLOSE
CHAPTER 7: JUST A DREAM
CHAPTER 8: HIS FRIEND
CHAPTER 9: AN INTERESTING THEORY
CHAPTER 10: QUESTION AND ANSWER
CHAPTER 11: GET OVER IT
CHAPTER 12: BEFORE THE ACCIDENT
CHAPTER 13: MESMERIZED
CHAPTER 14: UNEXPECTED
CHAPTER 15: BELIEVE
CHAPTER 16: DECIDED
CHAPTER 17: HOME
CHAPTER 18: MEET THE AUNT
CHAPTER 19: TEMPORARY LIFE
CHAPTER 20: AUNT G'S PLAN
CHAPTER 21: GIRL TIME BONDING
CHAPTER 23: LET THE PARTY BEGIN
CHAPTER 24: LET IT BE
CHAPTER 25: LONELINESS

CHAPTER 22: THE SAD TRUTH

8.1K 142 33
By maiagujo

hiya! so sorry for not uploading sooner.. lots and lots of family drama... long story.. anyways, i hope this chapter isn't too crappy. All your guesses by the way seemed close for ANOTHER chapter.. i think nobody so this coming so yeah, read on :D

xoxo

------

CHAPTER 22: THE SAD TRUTH

We drove back to the house. A slow tempo song was softly playing on the stereo and judging from the silence between me and Aunt G, I’d say that were both equally tired from the day’s shopping spree. It was a very eventful day with all the racks of clothes we browsed, the outfits I tried on and of course, the talks we shared. We talked about almost everything; from my past life to her everyday routines. Of course Jared would pop out on our coversations once in a while. And every time our topic would drift away to him, Aunt G would mention how caring, sweet and great Jared is. I swear that if I didn’t know that Jared was her nephew, I’d say that she’s in love with him.

The quiet engine of the car came to a halt. I snapped back to reality after almost drifting off to sleep in the comfortable car seat.

“We’re home.”

Aunt G said as she opened the driver’s side door. I also opened mine and got out. We walked towards the front doors and entered as Aunt G hauled all our shopping bags inside. I wanted to help Aunt G with the bags but again, I got my hands full. I scanned the house trying to find Jared when I noticed that the huge plasma screen TV in the living room was open.

“Hey Jared! A little help here?”

I shouted, hopefully grabbing his attention. The TV was suddenly shut off and a figure emerged from the couch. Jared stood up and went over to where we were standing. As he came nearer and nearer, I noticed the Irritated expression on his face. He stared directly in my eyes and I shivered unconsciously. What’s his problem?

He grabbed the bags from Aunt G and walked back to the living room placing them on the table. Aunt G and I followed him silently. Sensing the tension, I remained silent and let Aunt G do all the talking.

“So how’s work?”

“It’s about time you got home.”

Jared ignored Aunt G’s question and instead, posted a question himself with a very icy tone. He straightened up, his stare landing on Aunt G but not before giving me a cold glance. He crossed both his arms on his chest.

“It’s almost midnight.”

“So?”

Aunt G copied Jared’s move and also crossed her arms on her chest, obviously trying to dare him to go on. I’m not really in the mood to see a little family fight but I can’t find the courage to excuse myself. They both looked pretty scary and for a moment there, with both irritated expressions on their faces, I could definitely see the family resemblance. I’m pretty sure no one’s backing down now.

“It’s late, Auntie Grace.”

Jared pointed out giving emphasis to Aunt G’s name.

“I know, Jared.”

Aunt G said with the same tone of voice.

“You shouldn’t be out so late.”

“Don’t tell me what to do.”

The two still kept a composed expression but I can very well sense the tension in their voices.

“Well then you should know the right thing to do.”

“Oh, like you do?”

“I didn’t do anything wrong. You’re the adult here and you should be responsible enough to bring back both you and Anne earlier.”

I cringed a little at the sound of my name. This argument is getting intense by the second. I’m not sure if I’m to get in between them or not but I decided to just stay out of it. I don’t want to look like I’m meddling in their personal business.

“Is that what you think? That you’re not doing anything wrong?” Aunt G’s tone kicked up a notch and got louder. “Well, let me tell you this, Jared. I’m tired of seeing you waste your damn life. I’ve been with you ever since the accident and I couldn’t bear seeing you like this anymore.”

“Like what?” Jared’s tone also got a little bit higher matching Aunt G’s

“Like this! Doing the same damn thing every single day! You don’t go out, you have like a single friend, and you don’t even appreciate things. It’s like you always pity yourself. You’re alive but yet you’re not at all living. And I hate seeing you like this. I hate it so much that I won’t put up with it anymore and I’m certainly not letting you be like this forever.”

Aunt G’s voice was now shaking with anger. Tears started forming in her eyes and her whole body was trembling a little bit.  Judging from her statement, there’s a whole other issue behind all this. It’s definitely not just we came home late, that would be a petty excuse.

“Can’t you just mind your own business? I want to be like this and it’s not your damn problem!”

At that moment, I instantly averted my gaze. I was shocked to see what Aunt G did. She slapped Jared full force and the impact caused Jared’s head to turn at his side and his cheeks to become red, a mark of Aunt G’s hand threatening to show. It’s like time was frozen at that instant and there was nothing but silence. I was literally holding my breath not knowing what to do. I just stood there with my mouth slightly hanging open and my eyes transfixed on Jared’s face; a face slowly contorting into pain and sadness. With a shaky voice, Aunt G spoke quietly.

“You know what; you’re not the only one who lost someone. I also lost my sister. And seeing her only son becoming like this, I can’t help but feel hurt and blame myself.”

Just as a tear escaped her eyes, Aunt G wiped them away with the back of her hand and with a parting glance full of pain; she turned around and headed upstairs leaving me and Jared alone. I stopped there rooted on the place where I stood. I was mentally having a debate whether to approach him or not. I’m scared of doing any more damage. But of course, my instincts prevailed.

I walked over to him slowly and as I came nearer and nearer, I saw the look on his face and it was pure pain. And judging from the earlier conversation, it’s not just because we came home late. No, there’s more to it. He was hurting so bad and I don’t know what to do. So once again, I follow my instincts hoping in all hopes that I was doing the right thing. Ever so slowly, I place my hand on his shoulder in an attempt to comfort him. I felt his body tense with my touch but it quickly subsided. I came nearer almost wrapping one arm in his entire back and patted him carefully. I was feeling very uncertain but I also knew that this was the only thing that I could do for him.

I was staring intently on his face when a lone tear fell to the ground. I felt my throat constricting and my eyes stung slightly. I was feeling his pain and it hurts. Badly. I can’t understand why I’m feeling this way. There’s something about the look in his eyes that keeps me wanting to ease away his sadness. And I just realized why I’m being like this. I felt the exact same thing he was feeling. Pain. Loss. Longing.

To my surprise, he shifted his body and wrapped his arms around me. I was frozen. I didn’t know what was happening. His arms felt strong and his body felt tensed. It’s like his holding something within. I found my hands wrapping around his body, tightening my hold on him. I could feel our emotions at its height. We shared the same pain and it’s definitely intense.

He buried his face on the side of my neck as I murmured comforting words repeatedly. We stood there together wrapped in an embrace. Tears were streaming down both our faces. Years of emotions cooped up in both of us were finally letting its way out.

We stood there for what seemed like centuries and for the first time I wasn’t totally crying for myself like I usually did. I cried for both of us. I wasn’t only harboring my pain but I shared his. I wasn’t thinking only of myself, but I was thinking of ways to comfort him.

I’ve realized that I wasn’t the only one. I wasn’t the only one hurting. I had no parents, no friends, and no home. But now I see that people can have everything they want in life and still be unhappy. It’s the sad truth.

A very sad truth.....

--------------

so? too crappy? sorry bout that.. i hope i have input the necessary feeling i wanted to impart.. anyways, your votes and comments will be much much appreciated.. in way, i'm need them badly for support and inspiration.. and of course, i'd be more motivated to write :D I apologize for uploading late but you see, i'm preparing for college so the next uploads would less frequently.. but i'll try my very best to not keep you waiting for long.. 

xoxo-mai

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 87 34
"I pray that the last time I said goodbye was not meant forever." *** Growing up with a single parent with not much money to spare wasn't particularl...
Them By Haliegh

Science Fiction

92 5 12
Rose has a secret and no one knows what it it, but no one really cares, but her secret follows her around, literally. Rose lives in a world where the...
100K 416 19
It's a story about a 14 yr old who is a foster kid and gets treated like a little child Will she escape or is it all just a dream ?
1.6K 48 50
Dan thought he was going to live an easy life. Graduation, University, Job, then Family. But this was all changed by a newspaper headline. It started...