FEAR

By Adamson93

Christian Harper and his daughter Abigail move to New Orleans, Louisiana after Christian lands himself a new... More

Author's Note
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
AN: Update regarding 'FEAR'
Chapter Seventeen
UPDATE: THREE YEARS LATER.

Chapter Sixteen

1.8K 99 109
By Adamson93

Chapter 16

                We all look towards the door nervously. Abigail’s hand holding tighter onto mine as another forceful push slams against the door. I knew what was behind that door. It had followed us just like the priest had told us it would. It was never going to leave us alone.

“Leave now!” the priest screams towards the door.

A roar comes from behind the door, another powerful push against it which should have caused the door to open, but it didn’t. It was as if the door was resisting what was outside. Like some kind of force barrier.

The house begins to shake vigorously; ornaments on shelves crashing down onto the floor and shattering into hundreds of pieces as pictures also started to break from its hinges.  But after a few moments, the shaking had stopped. There was now only silence. But we knew what-ever was outside had not gone. It was toying with us like this was some sort of game.

Seconds go by and a silent chill sensation begins to surround us, filling up the floor with a light fog that comes from the gap from under the door which starts to become thicker until it had surrounded the whole house like a white smoke and moving around like some sort of eerie Wraith.

“What’s happening?” I ask the priest, shaking from the arctic coldness. It was hard to see through the thickness of the fog. Its thickness was starting to become suffocating on my throat that I find myself gasping for every breath that I take.

“It’s trying to get us out of the house. This place has been purified with the sacred vows of our Lord Jesus Christ. Abaddon cannot enter here!”

“But we can’t stay in here. We will freeze to death,” I mutter to the priest, my bottom lip quivering. The coldness was becoming unbearable. “What are we going to do?”

“Wait here... I have to find something. Do not go anyway near that door.”  I nod, as he vanishes out of my sight and into the fog.

“Daddy, I’m cold.” Abigail mutters, shivering frantically. I take off my jacket and place it around Abigail to try and make her warmer.

“Don’t worry Abigail; everything is going to be okay.” I say looking down to her as she continues to shiver.

“You can’t stay in there forever!” the voice roars from behind the door. “You can’t run from me! I will always find you!” it then laughs hysterically.

Seemingly, there was no escape. We were trapped inside the house in arctic-like conditions, each gasp of breathe that I take felt like it was going to be my last. I didn’t want it to end like this, but there was no other way. The monster that was behind the door was waiting for us, and I didn’t want to imagine the cruel things that it was going to do if we were to leave the house.

“Abigail, I want you to hold onto me okay?” I say to her, as she grips onto me tight. “This will all be over soon, I promise. Just close your eyes and think of mommy, okay Abigail?”

“Okay daddy.” She whispers quietly and closes her eyes.

Emotions came over me, trying to fight back the tears that felt like they were going to pour out from me. I knew this was the end, even though I hated to admit it. There was just no other escape, except death. But at this moment in time, I welcome death. I couldn’t take this any longer. I just wanted this to all be finally over.

“Are you still thinking of mommy?” I say quietly, my voice beginning to choke with emotions.

She nods and holds onto me even tighter.

I close my eyes and hold onto Abigail, holding her as tightly like the first time that she was born. I’ll never forget that day, hearing her cry for the first time and then peacefully sleeping as I held her in my arms that were shaking uncontrollably at the time.

Everything that was happening right now, the sheer coldness of the house was nothing but an after-thought at this moment. The only thing I could think about was one of the happiest moments of my life. Even though I knew that I would soon meet the darkness, I would leave this world with a smile on my face as I reminisced.

“Where are you!?” a voice surrounds us somewhere in the fog. It was the priest’s voice.

“I’m here!” I shout, watching as the outline of his body appears, rushing over to us. He looked to be holding a large black book in his hand, and his silver cross necklace that was now wrapped around his hand.

“What are we going to do?” I ask.  “He’s still outside there, and it’s getting colder every minute. We won’t survive long like this.”

“Don’t worry son, I’m going to make sure that you and your daughter get out of here safely. There’s a priest I know who will be able to help you,” he says passing me a piece of ripped paper in my hand with a name and address.”In our time together, we have performed countless of exorcisms; it’s vital that you go straight to him and tell him that Father Kinderman sent you. You must not waste any time. If there is anyone that can help you... it’s Father Margolis.

“What about you? Why can’t you come with us?”

Father Kinderman shakes his head. “No! It’s not possible. I will be able to hold Abaddon off for as long as possible, but I won’t be able to hold him off for long. But it’ll give you enough time to make sure that you can get to Father Margolis. There’s a car at the back of the house near the woods. You take that car and go straight to the address, do you understand?”

“But...”

“Do you understand!?” he says interrupting me in a fierce tone.

“I understand Father.” I reply, as he hands me the keys to the car.

“As soon as I open the door, you take your daughter and run out of the back house towards the car. You won’t have much time to waste, and he will be following you closely behind. We must act now.”

Father Kinderman looks down to Abigail and smiles, before disappearing back again into the fog and towards the door. I could barely make the outline of his body, but I saw the door swing open and watch Father Kinderman as he walked out into the darkness.

“I command you to leave unclean spirit!” I hear his voice in the distance.

Father Kinderman had instructed me not to waste any time. I grab onto Abigail and rush through the fog and out to the back of the house. I could see the old-run down car that was near the woods just like Father Kinderman had said it was. My heart is beating frantically. I just want to get out of here.

We rush to the car and get inside, forgetting to put on my seat buckle as I quickly place the key into the ignition and drive through the forest and onto the lonely road which lead us further away from the house.  

I was driving as fast as I could go in the car, down the lonesome road as the dead trees swayed and the leaves blew up towards the car. It was difficult to see anything; we were driving into an abyss of darkness.

“Daddy, there’s something in front of us!” she screams.

I turn on the headlights and shine it bright onto the figure which I was driving full-speed at. As I drove closer, its shocked eyes turned towards us to see that it was a deer that had stopped itself in the middle of the road.

“Daddy!” Abigail screams.

I sway the car to the right to try and avoid the deer, slamming on the brake as the car became uncontrollable and swirling around like a circle until it finally stopped.

“Are you okay Abigail?” I say to her in concern, placing the palm of my hand onto her face. She was not hurt, just noticeably shaken up. I turn back to look at the road behind us but there was no one there. The deer had gone.

I slam my foot on the accelerator and continue to the address that Father Kinderman had told me to go to. I couldn’t be wasting any more time.

***

It was the early hours of the morning. We had found ourselves driving for hours through the lonesome roads during the night, until we had finally arrived at the address that Father Kinderman had told us to go to.

The house looked isolated from all the other houses, but it looked massive, like it had swallowed all the other houses on its lane. It had a kind of Amityville Horror type of look going on about it, and must have been a five to six bedroom house that was made in a Dutch Colonial style. It did look gorgeous. Especially of how well maintained the garden was. It must look beautiful in the summer.

“Abigail, we’re here.”  I say to Abigail as she opens her eyes and rubs them. She had been sleeping for a few hours and I didn’t want to disturb her. She’s been through so much.

We exit the car and walk towards the house, it looked even bigger as we approached and made us look like ants as we stood outside it. I knock hard against the door and wait until I could hear the sound from the door unlocking. An elderly man appears from behind the door.

“Father Margolis?” I ask.

He looks stunned at the question. “No one has called me Father Margolis in a very long time. Why are you knocking on my door at such early hours of the morning?”

“There’s something that I need to speak to you about. Father Kinderman gave me your address and told me to come straight to you. He said that you could help me. My daughter Abigail and I desperately need your help.”

Father Margolis looks at Abigail and then looks back at me. “Father Kinderman...I haven’t seen Father Kinderman in many years. What-ever he said I can help you with, I can’t. I’m sorry.” He says as he quickly goes to shut the door, putting my foot in the way of it to stop it shutting.  

“Please! You’re the only one who can help us. Father Kinderman told me to come see you because he said you two have had experience in performing exorcisms. We are being hunted by a demon, and we need your help. You have to help us. I have an eleven year old daughter, and I won’t allow any harm to come to her. Are you going to help me or not?”

His eyes look to Abigail and then look back to me. “Okay, come in.” He says after a brief hesitation.

We walk into the house, which was even huger on the inside. There was a massive clock at the end of the hallway, and a long spiral stairs which went far up to the top of the house. Strangely though, all the furniture was covered up by white blankets, but that didn’t take away from all its beauty.

“Follow me.” Father Margolis says as we follow him

“You have a very lovely house.” I say as my eyes scout at all the large decorative pictures on the wall. We enter into the living area.

“Please take a seat both of you,” He says as we sit down. “What is it that I can help you with?” he then sits down also.

“Father Kinderman sent me to you because he said you were the only person who could help us in the situation that we are in. For over a month now, our house has been tormented by something not from this world. It started off as just nightmares, but they started to become more physical.

“And what were these entities that you were seeing?”

“They were ghosts; well...  owners who had previously lived in the house before us. But Father Kinderman had told me that they were just pawns, perhaps previous owners who were into satanic rituals and brought the demon into this world. Father Kinderman had said something about a demon called Abaddon...”

“Abaddon!” he says interrupting. “Are you sure it was Abaddon?” his grey eyebrows raising, causing even more wrinkles to appear on his aged face.

I nod unsure. “I’m not sure, but what-ever this demon was, it has been able to physically possess my daughter and myself. It’s been able to imitate voices of those I know to be dead, and has current control of my brother’s body.”

“And where is Father Kinderman? Why has he sent you to me? Why couldn’t he help you himself?”

“We were trapped back at his house. If it wasn’t for Father Kinderman we would have never escaped. I’m really sorry.” I say sincerely.

Father Margolis looks down to the floor, looking as if he’s trying to fight back tears. “He was a good man.” He whispers quietly. “If Father Kinderman is correct, and this is Abaddon that you are dealing with. We must go to the original place in which the demon was summoned to this world. You say that you believe that the previous owners who lived there were the ones who summoned him?”

I nod.

“Then your house is where he would have been summoned. Was there anything inside the house that seemed strange, perhaps any secret passages or locked doors?”

The whole house was strange, ever since we had moved in. I try hard to remember, thinking of everything that happened to us until it had finally dawned on me. The nightmares, the ghosts, and the demon were not only attracted to Abigail but it always seemed to have latched itself into her room like it was guarding something. There was something that was hidden inside that room, a place which was concealed to make sure no one knew what was going on inside that house.

There was something hidden inside that closet.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2K 222 27
**COMPLETED** ...It will consume your soul... It has been one whole year, and no one in the Jensen family has seen the Demon. Everyone is moving on w...
513 28 14
A young woman's desire for a new beginning with a complicated past comes with dire consequence's in modern day New Orleans [Content Warning: This st...
55.2K 1.3K 200
Tiny horror stories (Doesn't exceed 100 words) None of these stories is from other books or online. These were all written by me. Do not steal them...
1K 90 6
(The scariest thing about this story is the fact that it's inspired by actual events.) Bache Manor is riddled with mystery and a dark past that's a...