Dangerous Secrets

By MiddleChildCrisis

AUTHORS NOTE: This was written when I was 14, its not my best work and can definitely use some editing, which... More

Chapter One - Rediscovery
Chapter Three - Introductions
Chapter Four - Shock
Chapter Five - The Ex
Chapter Six - Addiction
Chapter Seven - Nerves
Chapter Eight - Stubborn
Chapter Nine - Fear
Chapter Ten - Bruised Inside
Chapter Eleven - Together
Chapter Twelve - Warning
Chapter Thirteen - Broken
Chapter Fourteen - Recall
Chapter Fifteen - Gone
Chapter Sixteen - Genius
Chapter Seventeen - Memories
Chapter Eighteen - Cookie
Chapter Nineteen - Desperation
Chapter Twenty - Force
Chapter Twenty One - Stolen
Bane's First Steps
Andrews Story Anyone?

Chapter Two - Awkward

21.7K 579 31
By MiddleChildCrisis

How are you thinking of it??? 

If that made sense. 

Wellll

Recap. 

She's just seen Haddiean again after being away. And he dosn't know she had a baby. OHHHHHHH!:0 Shock horror!! 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Chapter Two - Awkward

We looked at each other for what seemed like ages.  

Then he smiled at me and picked up his hat, giving a little two finger wave 'Hey Jody'  

I waved back 'Haddiean' I smiled hesitantly.  

'Come on you two, move on' 

I glanced at Mrs Jay and nodded rather stiffly, Haddiean grabbed my hand and towed me towards the door. 

'H-hadddiean, why are you back?' I stuttered. 

He smiled at me, swiped my timetable from my hand and glanced at it.  

'I moved back at the start of the year, Dad didn't like the job' he said absently as we weaved through the crowd. It was just like old times. 

Haha I wish. 

Haddiean gripped my hand hard as we pushed into the door of what I assumed was our first class.  

I glanced at the sign on the wall, C block. Great, we have English. I sighed and left Haddiean tow me into the room and to a pair of seats up the back.  

I glanced over at Haddiean as we sat down, he was staring at me. This is just gunna go great, I remembered my conversation with Sera this morning. That's just an easy topic to broach, hey Haddiean, congrats, you have a kid that I didn't tell you about, well seeya later! 

I snorted, that's not gunna work.  

'how have you been?'  

I turned and looked at Haddiean, pasting a half genuine smile on my face, 'good' I ran my eyes over his face, he didn't look that much different to the boy I'd last seen, he still had that way of holding his head when he smiled at you, like he was now, tilted slightly down looking up at you with a crooked smile on his lips.  

His hair was longer than he'd ever worn it, it curled over his collar and into his eyes, but his eyes were still the same faded green, the life still jumping around in them as he looked at you. 

'What about you?'  

He just shrugged, 'better, my mum left'  

His mouth tilted down for a second, 'but its better with her gone'  

Without thinking, I leant over and grabbed his hand, giving it a squeeze. 

He glanced up and flashed a quick grin before leaning down to pull his laptop from his bag. I pulled mine out and flipped it open. C'mon, don't give me any of your shit today. I begged, I wasn't in the mood for it.  

I swear this thing hates me, all the damned trouble it's given me in the past year and a half is enough to fill up a schools worth of problems. When it booted up without any trouble I gave a breath of relief, well thank god for that.  

(AN: I live in Australia, at my school they gave everyone in my year a laptop for school, that whole Kevin Rudd thing, the only good thing that came out of him)

We were busy that lesson, the teacher spent the lesson talking to us about the HSC and what was needed and expected of us.  

(Another AN: HSC= Higher School Certificate, in year 12) 

I wasn't paying attention, I was a bit worried about the predicament I was in, I'd promised Sera I'd tell Haddiean about Benji whenever I saw him again, I hadn't expected to have to deal with it for years yet, but time has fast forward to today.  

Shit.

HADDIEANS POV

Well life just got interesting.  

I'd come back expecting to see Jody again only to be told she'd left shortly after me. My heart had jumped a mile high when I'd seen her in homeroom. I'd just been daydreaming about her when I'd seen her. At first I thought she was just a similar looking girl and my mind had just turned her into Jody. But when she'd looked at me like she'd seen a a ghost, I knew it was her.  

I looked over at her now, she was looking out the window, her face cradled in her hand. She was more beautiful than I remembered. She wasn't as thin, but that didn't matter to me at all, I liked her new curves.  

I tuned back into what the teacher was talking about, copying down the new stuff from off the board.  

When he told us to close our computers and talk for the last 5 mins I quickly opened my emails and sent Jody the lessons work, she obviously hadn't gotten any of it.  

Her computer beeped just as I was sliding mine back into my bag. She looked up at me and smiled, 'Thanks, I sorta zoned out' she said sheepishly.  

I shrugged 'S'kay'  

She leant back in her seat and yawned, then flushed 'Sorry, didn't get much sleep last night'  

She kept looking at me weirdly, studying my face as if she was looking for something, like you look for Wally in a Where's Wally book.  

The bell rang out and I got up, I knew she was different, she's acting weird. I sighed and shrugged it off, she probably just has to get used to having me in her life again. Its been how long since we saw each other? 9 months? 10?  

I pushed my chair back and turned to Jody, she was slinging her bag over her shoulder, I held out my and she grabbed it without hesitating, well at least there's one thing.

JODYS POV 

I didn't realise that I was holding Haddiean's hand until he was leading me through the crowd, I smiled to myself and let him lead me along.  

His mother had left, that was a good thing, his mother was an alcoholic and was leaning towards drugs last time I saw her. 

I gripped Haddiean's hand tighter as I remembered the tantrums she used to throw. Things flying around the room, terrified you were gunna get hurt, Haddiean did a few times. Anger filled me as I remembered; I could see one of the scars on his arms now a long narrow line running up from his wrist to his elbow.  

My phone buzzed in my pocket and I pulled it out, Sera had the best timing, I smiled as I read the readout on the screen, 'I pulled my hand from Haddiean's and pointed to my phone. He nodded, and continued walking the few feet to where a small group sat. I answered the call from Sera.  

'Heya little sister, someone wanted to say hello' 

I smiled as Benji's babbling filled the phone; 'Maaa maaa gaahh!'  

'Heya baby, how are you going?' I cooed into the phone.  

I spent 5mins on the phone talking to Benji before Sera came back on.  

'Hows your first day going sis?' 

I snorted, of all the questions 'well it depends, first I got to school late because of my bus braking down, then there was a delay at the office and then I walked into homeroom and almost tripped over Haddiean Perry, I'm not sure about you, but I think my day is going just dandy' 

I heard Sera suck in a breath, 'oh baby, your just having the best day aren't you?' 

'Yeah, just dandy, anyway I gotta go' 

I said goodbye and we hung up.  

Looking around, I saw Haddiean waving to me and after a moments hesitation, headed over. 

I figured out the group that he was sitting with was our old friends. I quickened my pace and threw my arms around my best friend J.J.  

She laughed and hugged me tightly back 'Does this mean I can finally come and meet my beautiful nephew?' she whispered in my ear, so only I could hear her. 

I smiled and squeezed her 'yes, this arvo' 

J.J. was the only one who knew about Benji, she'd been supportive of me when I'd told her, encouraged me to keep the baby.  

And I love her for it. 

I smiled at everyone else and looked up at Haddiean, he grinned at me and spread his arms wide 'Welcome home!'  

-------------------------------------------------------- 

'So are you gunna tell him?' J.J. asked for the billionth time. I shrugged, hugging my arms and wishing we were home, it's been nearly 8 hours since I'd left Benji, and I missed him.  

'I don't know how, but I promised Sera if I ever saw him again I would' 

I shuddered at the thought of that conversation. 

'Show me the picture again' J.J. begged again, turning around and walking backwards.  

I laughed and pulled my wallet out of my bag and flipped it open, she swarmed over it.  

I tuned out her cooing and grinned as we turned down my driveway.  

I almost ran to the front door, racing through it I called out to Sera. She came round the corner with Benji bouncing in her arms, I tossed my bag on the ground and scooped him up.  

'Maaaaa baahaa ugggh' He squealed boucing in my arms and clutching his arms around my neck tightly, still babbling happily.  

I cooed to him and hugged him back just as tightly.  

I turned to J.J. who was smiling goofily, 'J.J., this is my beautiful son Benji' 

********** 

********** 

********** 

SOOO!!!!  

What do you think? 

Is it good? 

I know it not going anywhere anytime soon, but I wanted to get some background out there, I promise it'll be more next time. 

VOTE!!! 

COMMENT!!! 

BITCH AND COMPLAIN IF YOU DONT LIKE IT!! 

I want to hear it all!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.6M 1.1M 42
When Arianna marries billionaire Zach Price to save her family, she doesn't expect to fall in love with a man who'd always consider her a second choi...
14.9K 380 19
Tyler Evans is bestfriends with Amanda Green . The typical sweet and gentleman like boy that everyone likes but sometimes he can be a badboy when he...
100K 3K 51
I stared into his dark eyes and l saw a complete stranger. I couldn't recognise the person he had become. The eyes that once sparkled with unbridled...
207K 7.6K 20
Emma Swan(28) had a somewhat bad life and she had just gotten out of a relationship of many years and once she got over it (two months later)she goes...