Blood And Iron

By Shocker_Girl

Book 3 in the Shock Therapy Series Now a young hero of the Powers Society, Narina Yukata is a fully fledged a... More

Prologue: Blood Boils, and Iron Toils
Working Day
Scalaknight
Valerie
The Elite Forge
How We've Grown..
Sensei
Powers Society Galactic.
Narina's Test
Ozone, Flame Tyrant from the Sky.
The Pure Genius Stoor
Slot Boy
Mecha Prism Dragon
Black Knight Dragon
Tide the Sweet Siren..
Ezra's Family.
True Family
Tide vs Ozone
Shimmer Dragon. Feel it, Everyone's Hope
Epilogue: The Gods.

A Need to Heal

248 22 3
By Shocker_Girl

Narina almost died.. she had literally been inches from death when the doctors barely managed to save her..

Never before, had such a medical operation been televised to the extent it was, the entire world's public eye was waiting with bated breath for news of Narina and her possible recovery, as doctors tirelessly operated on her with all the technology they could muster in Kyoto National Hospital for 12 days straight.

Doctors had to take it in shifts, as they struggled to remove the copious amounts of metal shrapnel that had dug into Narina's body as her powerful dragon form had smashed it's way through the nearly indestructible hull of the Zeus Station. 

"Even I wouldn't have been able to smash through that thing unscathed.." Chasm muttered during one news interview. "That station is ancient technology it is... interesting though.. it also seems quite familiar now that I think on it.."

It was only thanks to Narina's super human body, that she was able to survive the 12 day operation.. all her friends and family came from all over to Kyoto Hospital, staying the night to support her..

And the androids, well, they stayed as well, now officially defected from the king.

"What will all of you do now?" Bella asked, having arrived with the Jousuke family, very interested in her artificial brothers and sister.

"well.. I suppose i will see if it's possible for a butler unit like myself to get a job that pays alright." said Senes. 

"Hmm.. I'll figure it out when I get there.." Chompani muttered. "Chompa Chompa... guess I could get a business in mining.."

"I.. I wish to learn more about Narina." said Valerie. "About the girl who inspired this very form I possess..  is it possible ... that the family you work for has an opening?"

"Of course we do!" said Narina's mother cheerfully. 

"As long as we have some way of telling you and Narin apart now.." muttered Narina's father. "Damn.. your resemblance is eerie.."

"So is it true?" Valerie asked. "What happened to the Iron Forge Mobile Fortress. and.. Hammor..?"

"Yeah.. melted down into a puddle it seems." said Nue, looking up. She was wearing a neat tuxedo top over a skirt, the normal clothes of the area where she worked.  "My father never took failures with much self control of his temper.. looks like his angry temper tantrum got rid of the Iron Forge for us.."

"He's no idiot though.. he still has the Knights.." said Mitsune. "If he sends those after our village.."

"He won't.. Narina's struggle got the public eye on the Ryuu people.." said Nue. "he tries something like mass genocide now, it won't end well for him politically.. not at all."

Suddenly, a doctor wearing an operating mask, with bloodied gloves, exited the operating room, followed by weary nurses.

"Hey Doc!" said Stoor. "Is she okay!?"

"12 days.. and.. well.. see for yourself." said the doctor smiling, removing his mask.. 

Narina was pushed out of the door, on a wheelchair. Wearing a hospital gown, and looking absolutely weary and fatigued.

"MY LITTLE BABY!!" Narina's mother hugged her child with enthusiasm, kissing Narina on the head as she did so.

"Mom.. you're embarrassing me.." Narina said, a weak smile on her face. 

Violet let out a sigh of relief and sat down, looking like she had been holding back her stress for the entire 12 days. 

"Just what I'd expect from you.." said Zanna with a smile, being there along with everyone else. 

"There remains.. a little bit of bad news however." said the Doctor. 

Everyone looked up.

"Bad news?" said Jin, his eyes flashing. "What is it doctor!? Is.. it terminal!?"

"Nothing like that.. however.. it will affect her life.. for days.. months. possibly years.." muttered the Doctor.

"Huh!?" Zanna looked bewildered. "Wh-what's wrong with Narina-chan!?"

"Narina.. and Shocker Girl from back in the day, their bodies depended on an intricate set of nerves that linked her body through nearly invincible synapses, that regulate her manipulation of electrical current, allowing it to use it at an incredibly precise level, allowing her to do the incredibly complex things such as magnetize carbon and control diamond crystals.." said the doctor.  "however.. much of the shrapnel is comprised of the near indestructible armor of the Zeus Station... probably one of the few substances able to sever these synapses..

"My.. body's power has been cut.." Narina said, her voice still weak. "I can't use my abilities anymore.."

"And to top it off.. she's been heavily damaged on the inside too.. " said the Doctor. "I'll have to prescribe her a special diet to keep normal food from hurting her..  and, she might never walk again.. "

"But.. THIS IS HER DREAM!" Nue exclaimed, her normally calm eyes wide and horrified. "She's wanted to be a hero all her life!!  Y-You can't take that away from her!!"

"Nue..." Narina spoke. "It's fine.."

But as Narina said this, her body was trembling, as if struggling not to cry. 

"There's a chance her body might heal.. we've seen Super Humans who have had their powers cut off restore them thanks to regenerative abilities." said the Doctor. "And her Ryuu blood definitely gives her enhanced healing.. but.. I'm not sure.. most of our healing cases have involved regeneration powers that can regrow entire limbs at least.."

"Narina's regrown limbs before!" Violet stammered. "Like when she fought Chompani! Remember!?"

"She needs to be in Prism Dragon form to access that power.. Chompa Chompa.." Chompani muttered. "I remember she told me that right?"

"Yeah." said Narina. 

"And she can't access Prism Dragon now.. probably not ever again.." said Stoor.

"Narina.." Sora said. 

"It's... Fine guys.." Narina said, as tears began to well up in her eyes. "i'm.. perfectly... sniff.."

The door opened.. and Machi stepped through.  She smiled.. "Oh.. well you're looking glum.. its understandable of course."

"You heard?" Nina asked, as Mizo ran past her to comfort her sister.

"Why yes.. but honestly, you consider your medical knowledge on Earth to be so advanced when really, it's a little behind the times in the Universe at large.." said Machi. "I'm not allowing my apprentice to jump off the hero wagon this early... "

"Y-you can heal me?" Narina asked, looking as if she hardly dared to believe it..

"That depends on you." said Machi. "I have several techniques and healing mechnaisms..that I can try.."

"Truly?" said Tide, her eye sparkling. "And this will work?"

Machi nodded. "Of course.. it might take a month or so.."

"I'll do it!" Narina exclaimed. "i'll.. I'll do whatever it takes!!

Machi smiled again. "Under one condition.."

"Yes?" said Narina.

"When we're finished.. you're going to come with me.. to the headquarters of Powers Society Galactic.." said Machi. "Both you.. and Violet. and that you will fight, and defeat Reaper. "

Narina looked at Violet.

Violet chuckled.. "Now now.. Narina you know I'm quite ambitious, I can find no means to disapprove.. "

Narina nodded. "It's a deal then.."

Machi smiled, her eyes now bright and eager. "Oh.. yes.. rough stones.. waiting to be polished into jewels.. this will be fun.."

__________________

A few weeks later, Narina had moved back home with her parents.. leaving her apartment under the care of her bosses in the Powers Society, until she was ready to come back to work..

Machi had insisted that part of healing was returning home..

Of course.. home wasn't quite the same..

Tide was there now, as was Valerie.. and of course Machi and her student.

And of course when Chasm heard, he was ecstatic, showing up at Narina's door at one point upon mention of his Sister's awakening.

"WELL WELL!! TIde! Perhaps we can spar a bit like the old days!" Chasm said, laughing .

"I'd rather not.." Tide muttered a little uneasily. "You know, it was a chore keeping my power in check when I was fighting O-..I mean.. when... I was fighting earlier.."

"O-.. what? What were you about to say?" Chasm muttered. "Now you're blocking your mind to me.. What are you hiding little sister?"

"N-nothing!" Tide stammered. "Nothing at all.."

"YO NARINA!!" Chasm called past Tide's shoulder into the main living room of the house. "What's she hiding!?"

Narina, who was in the middle of a yoga-like stance, stretching, as Machi guided her body through one of her healing techniques, looked at Chasm a little nervously, sweat pouring down her face, and shook her head.

"REALLY!?" Chasm. "Come on.. with your powers suppressed, you KNOW I can read YOUR mind.."

"But we know you won't because you're a gentleman despite your flaws." said Tide sternly. "And We both know I can whoop your ass.."

"ERrrrrr.." Chasm grumbled. "FINE! Be that way Sis! I'll find out myself!"

"Tide.. Valerie..!" Bella called out from the kitchen. "I could use a hand with this.. I can't seem to get the recipe for this Turkey right.. "

"Coming.." said Tide serenely. "Have a nice day Brother.."

"have a nice day brother, i'm not gonna tell you my secret, bla bla bla.." Chasm said in a whiney immitation of Tide. "Oh look at me.. I'm Tide, I'm the youngest one, and yet I TOTALLY act like I'm my brother's keeper.."

Chasm left, grumbling to himself.

Tide giggled as she shut the door. "I always found  that he had the most extravagant personality out of us three."

"Alright Narina.." said Machi, helping Narina back onto her wheelchair. "We'll try again tomorrow."

"You.. sure this is working?" Narina asked.

"Trust me.. if you are truly Manaka's granddaughter, then you are most definitely going to heal.." said Machi. "Give it time.. this is just the warm-up for the actual healing.."

Narina nodded quietly, and wheeled off to the kitchen to help Bella.

"She's a little broken inside.. isn't she?" Mizo whispered, as she walked over to Machi. 

"Your sister suffered immense pain and trauma when she was hit by the Zeus Station's full power." said Machi.  "It's safe to say, the physical agony she felt when she was struggling to prevent the blast from impacting Earth, was beyond anything any of us have felt..  being hit with a blast strong enough to raze a solar system is no mean feat... couple that with the impacting pain she felt when the Zeus Armor shrapnel pierced through her scales.. An unprepared person would've fainted on the spot.. but Narina was determined to save us all.."

"So.. the pain from before.. traumatized her?" Mizo asked.

"Yes.. that combined with the realization she faced when the doctors informed her of her new handicap.. hit her deeply.." said Machi. "of course.. the hope I've given her helped a little.. but.. even so.. it's not just physical scars we need to heal... the psychological scars as well.. need much healing."

There was a soft knock at the door...

"I've got it!" said Valerie, opening the door. "Oh.. ? Mitsune-san.. how are you?"

Mitsune walked in, she was wearing a long leather coat, and was holding an umbrella in one hand, smiling. "I'm well thank you.. I've just finished a trip to the Powers Society. your Chair-woman agreed to help me work on precautionary defenses around our villages..  I'm currently the diplomatic representative for the Ryuu People now.. along with Garac of course.. Is Narina alright?"

"She's fine.." said Mizo, stepping forward. "Hey.. M-Mitsune.. can we talk in private?"

"Hmm?" said Mitsune, blinking. "Why.. yes.. of course.."

Mitsune and Mizo walked past a curious looking Machi and into an empty bedroom..

"What did you wish to discuss?" Mitsune asked. 

Mizo took a deep breath.  "As a sister of Narina.. do you count me among your people? I mean.. I've never gone through your rites of passage.. or.. er.."

"Mizo.. what's going on?" Mitsune asked, looking really concerned. "These are some odd questions to be asking me."

"P-Promise you won't tell my parents.. or Narina.. or ANYBODY.." Mizo whispered. "Not until I've figured out what this means.."

Mitsune nodded awkwardly. "Umm.. okay?"

Mizo took a deep breath, and began to unbutton her shirt, pulling it off, and then taking off her bra.

"WAIT! Wh-what the!?" Mitsune stammered, going red. "S-SO, YOU'RE COMING OUT OF THE CLOSET!? Okay but you don't need to tell me LIKE THAT!"

"THAT'S NOT WHAT I MEANT!!" Mizo screamed, going red with embarrassment. "I-I'm doing it cause I don't want to shred my clothes to pieces like Narina does every time she does it! That's my favorite shirt you know!"

"Wait.. you mean-!?" Mitsune stammered.

"FSSSSSSSSHHHH!!" Massive flames engulfed Mizo.. and when they cleared.. she was wearing a dragon skin-like unitard much like Narina's Prism Dragon form..however, the scales were made of shimmering rubies. and parts of the armor was burning black charcoal with smoldering molten cracks.. 

A large ruby scaled tail whipped back and forth behind her.. and black and red ruby wings spread out from her shoulder blades. From her head, two black burning charcoal horns protruded.

"Th-This is Prism Dragon Ruby." said Mizo. "S-so... yeah.. I was hoping you could help me learn to use this power.. that alright?"

Mitsune nodded slowly, looking shocked beyond belief. "Y-yeah.. sure.."

End of Book 3. Stay Tuned for Book 4 and Epilogue.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.7K 515 37
*** *Trigger Warning!* Suicide! Homophobia! Abuse! Villains in general. Major Angst and a lot of lemons/smut. Just like book one! *** The hag is dead...
214 5 10
Here's to the second installment of the "Evil" series, and here's to Natalie getting a grip on the tragedy that ruined her life. Cheers. ▪︎ Book One...
72 0 7
***SECOND BOOK IN THE CHALLENGERS SERIES*** (after The New Warrior) "Silver will be much like Moon, but one little change will make the Clan at its f...
13.1K 237 42
Has this ever happened? Thinking you live your life happily. Having everything, nothing missing but still too many things you haven't found out yet...