Tradition Comes Third

De masonfitzzy

The third book to the Family Comes First trilogy Time has passed, and now Hunter is seventeen and preparing... Mais

Calculus
Who Knows?
Getting Ready
Ava
Late Night
All Together
Back To Traditions
Family Dinner
Westwood
Aftermath Freak Out
Part of the Family
A Lesson
Cold Dinner
Leah
Roof Top
Lock and Key
Oh God
One Or The Other
The Shed
Don't Break
Breakfast
Where We Are
Hunger
Need to Survive
A Plan Together
The Act
A Meal and A Talk
Already Cracking
The Driver And Passenger
Protecting Ourselves
In The Woods
Headache
Unconscious
Together
Middle of the Night
Getaway
What's Best
Wasting Away
Listen To What I Say
Searching and Talking
Alarm Clock
The Birth
Messy
Restart
Cops and Paramedics
Hospital
The End
Bonus Chapter - Panic

Blair

42.5K 2.6K 1.2K
De masonfitzzy

Author's Note: Sorry for the delay in updating. Life is getting in the way and school sucks. Hope you all enjoy :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 I sat on the edge of the bed and dug the heel of my hand into my eyes. Jared banged on the door again.

"I don't want another girl," I said.

The door opened, and Jared stepped in. He has his arms crossed over his chest. I glared over at him.

"Get downstairs," he told me. "You'll like her. She's really beautiful."

"I'm not going anywhere," I said.

"I'll just bring her up here."

I jumped up off of the bed and shook my head.

"No," I said. "I don't want her."

"Want us to kill her?"

I closed my mouth and ran my hand through my newly short hair. My heart was pounding in my chest, and another wave of nausea hit me. I didn't want this girl, but she was here. I can't let her die. Ava wouldn't want anyone else getting hurt.

"I'm going to bring her up," Jared said as he turned and went down the stairs.

I sat back on the bed. I heard a few soft voices downstairs, and then the stairs creaked again. Jared came back into the room with a girl slumped over his shoulder. He lied her down on the bed next to me.

"This is Blair," he said. "She'll be knocked out cold until tomorrow morning."

With that, he turned and left my room closing the door behind him. I looked down at the girl. Her dark hair was falling out of her braid. Her eyes were closed and she was taking shallow breaths. She had on a black T-shirt, and a pair of jeans. White writing was sprawled across her chest. I leaned in closer to see what it said.

Zeke's Diner

Dad picked this girl up from work. Her name tag was still pinned to her shirt. There has to be people looking for her. When she doesn't show up to her next shift, they will be wondering where she is. She must have family and friends.

I wanted to shake her away, but I knew it was useless. When Dad drugged Ava and I, we were unconscious for hours.

I grabbed one of the blankets off of the bed and covered Blair with it. I took one of the other blankets, and my pillow off the bed. I threw them down onto the floor. I turned off the lamp and curled up on the cold hardwood floor.

--

My back ached when I woke up. I groaned and stretched my arms up over my head. The sun was peering through the bars on the windows. I stood up, and stretched my sore muscles. Blair was lying on the bed, the same way as I had left her. I leaned in to make sure that she was breathing. I sat beside her and nudged her shoulder. She let out a moan and grabbed her head with her hands.

"How are you feeling?" I asked.

Blair slowly opened her eyes and lowered her hands. Her eyes darted around the room and then landed on me. Her dark eyes grew wide and pushed herself away from me.

"Where am I?" she asked.

"Some house in the middle of nowhere," I said. "My Dad has kidnapped both of us."

Blair sat up, and cradled her head.

"No," she said under her breath. "I thought it was just a dream."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

She moved her hand away, and I could see the tears rolling down her cheek.

"Please," she said before taking in a deep breath. "Please, tell me that you're not Hunter Wilcox."

I grabbed Blair's wrists, and pulled her hands away from her face. Her eyes were watery and her pale face was covered in red splotches.

"How do you know my name?" I asked.

"Everyone is looking for you," she said. "You, your Mom, and that girl Eva."

"Ava," I corrected her.

"Yeah, her."

"Where were you when you met my Dad?"

"I was on break having a smoke. I was standing outside the diner when this truck pulled up. I didn't think much about it until I saw his scar."

"Did anybody else see him?" I asked. "Was anybody else outside?"

"No." She shook her head. "I started to run, and then there was this hand over my mouth and I was thrown into a truck. He held me down and forced a needle into my arm. That's all I remember."

I let out a deep breath and flopped onto the bed. Blair pulled her knees up to her chest and wrapped her arms around herself.

"So no one saw the truck?" I asked. "No one followed you guys here?"

"I don't think so. It was dark outside, and we were the only two in the parking lot."

There was a light tap on the door. Blair let out a gasp and pressed her forehead against her knees.

"What?" I asked.

"Breakfast is ready," Mom said through the door.

"We're not hungry," I said.

The stairs creaked, and I know she went back down into the kitchen.

"Why am I here?" Blair asked.

"My family is messed up," I told her. "They kidnap girls to make them like a wives for their sons."

"I have a boyfriend."

"Ava is my girlfriend."

Blair scrunched her eyebrows together, and let go of her legs. She stood up, and took a few shaky steps over to the window. She pulled on the bars, and pushed on the glass before turning around to face me. I stayed on my back and staring up at the ceiling.

"If Ava is your girlfriend and she was also taken, why did they also take me?" she asked.

"They killed her."

"Oh my God, are they going to kill me?"

"I honestly can't tell you."

I sit up on the bed to see Blair has crumpled onto the floor under the window. Her arms are wrapped around herself and she's taking in deep breaths to try and control her breathing.

"Please," she cried. "Please, let me go."

I got up off of the floor and dragged my feet across the floor over to Blair. She curled up into a tighter ball as I got closer. I kneeled down in front of her. I placed my hand on her shoulder and she shook me off.

"Please, don't hurt me," she said.

I couldn't help myself from rolling my eyes.

"I have been kidnapped too," I told her. "You told me yourself that a bunch of people are out there trying to find my Mom and I."

"How could you let them kill her?" she asked.

I grabbed Blair's shoulders and shook her until she took her hands away from her face. My fingers curled tight into her shoulders. Blair took in a sharp breath before digging her teeth into her bottom lip.

"Let them?" I asked. My voice was loud, but I couldn't control myself. Maybe Dad would hear me yelling, and think I'm trying to punish her like he wants. "I love Ava. They killed her, not me. I had to watch them shoot her, there was nothing I can do."

I took in a deep breath to try and lower my voice.

"All of us are getting out of here." I managed to control my voice to a harsh whisper. "But I can't help you if you cry and complain this whole time. I've been here for months and I know how to keep them happy for now. Our best chance of survival is if we all work together. You have to do what I say, understand?"

Blair wiped the tears off of her cheeks before nodding her head. 

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

23.1K 611 22
A Family Comes First (Kidnapped by Cannibals) fanfiction. If you haven't read the Kidnapped by Cannibals trilogy and spin-off by @masonfitzzy then y...
164K 5.7K 59
I have finally finished high school. My two friends and I decided to go on a small trip kinda like a little congratulations to ourselves, but things...
21.3M 24.9K 59
Juliet's parents died when she was young and she never got to experience having a family. She lived a miserable and lonely life. One night at work, s...
8.6K 616 26
After Julia gets taken by a gang, her husbands must do everything in their power to get her back. Once they discover what has happened, they must dea...