Centre Stage ~ 'Destined Love...

By ShanLeighMansonMIW

Cara Smith doesn’t like the word ‘normal’. What’s normal for one person is obscene to another, this we reject... More

Those Lips, Those Eyes...
The Right Place
Rock Show
Your Choice
Blatantly Obvious

Never Give In

243 18 5
By ShanLeighMansonMIW

Chapter 6 – Never Give In
{Pogo POV}

After we’d ripped the Hunter’s apart, the rest of the band had helped me get Cara back to the bus…that was four days ago. Marilyn, Twiggy, Laney and I had brought her back to my home; Twiggy and I sighed as we finally laid her slumbering form to rest on my bed.

“Maybe there is some merit to the Elder’s ways with their mates…” Twiggy grimaced as I turned a cold glare on him.

“Would you like it of you were locked away in a room for decades at a time…only seen to procreate with?” I snapped.

“You know that’s not what-”

“I know, Manson…but that’s what it looked like.” I sighed as I sat on the edge of the bed, running my fingers lightly through Cara’s hair as she slept through her transformation.

Marilyn laughed quietly. “Sometimes I forget how young you are…Back then, we had more reason to keep them protected. Nowadays, the covens don’t feud as much and it’s safer for the weaker sex to be with us wherever we need them.”

“Weaker sex?” Laney raised an eyebrow at Marilyn and Twiggy and I smiled.

“Yeah…try telling that to Cara when she wakes up.” Twiggy gave me an impressed look. “She kicked major ass back there!”

“Yeah,” I smiled proudly. “She did…”

“She’ll make it, right?” Laney asked quietly.

“She’d better.” I looked at Marilyn, one eyebrow raised at him in curiosity. He shrugged at me. “What? She’s strong. It’s been a long time since I saw anyone willing to tell any of us no…I like that about her.”

I chuckled darkly. “Get your own, Manson.”

He laughed with me. “I plan to.”

“I still don’t get why you’d lock us away…from what I’ve seen…knowing you’re in love has only made you stronger…” Laney held up her hands defensively when we all looked at her curiously. “I’ll be the one Cara asks when she wakes up!”

“Calm down…we’re not mad, love.” Twiggy chuckled, cradling her face in his hands gently; kissing her briefly before sitting and pulling her onto his lap, explaining. “The vampires of old would lock their mates away from the world to keep them safe…but it was also a way to make sure they were strong and level headed all the time. Vampires love deeply and eternally…so, it was believed that love made the male, dominant vampires weak and so they would try to hide it away, locking the object of their love and desire away…”

“Of course,” Marilyn chuckled, folding his arms across his chest. “That wouldn’t work with female mates of this century.”

“We ask too many questions?” Laney asked, smiling.

“Not the only reason…but it’ll do for now.” Marilyn smirked. “Twiggy will explain properly… later.

“Speaking of…” Twiggy smirked at Laney and then looked over at me. “We’ll leave you with her…she should come out of it soon…”

“Yeah, call us when she’s awake.” Marilyn smiled and put a comforting hand on my shoulder. “Let us know how she’s going…it can be disorienting…so if you need backup-”

“I’ll call you if I need you.” I offered him a strained smile. “See you guys later.”

“Alright…take care.” I held up a hand in farewell, shaking my head as Both guys took Laney’s hands and she teleported them away. “That trick will never get old…” I smiled to myself for a moment before looking back at Cara. “Wake soon, love…I’m going nuts here, you know?”

I watched as her cheeks lost their flush of life and her hair darkened slightly; her injury and the blood on her clothes vanishing. The Change was nearly complete.

Happy in that knowledge, I pulled back the heavy curtains that shielded the bedroom from the balcony, and stepped outside. As I leant against the railing, I heard her sharp intake of breath as she awoke, smiling as I listened to her slip out of the bed and tiptoe out onto the balcony…

***

{Cara POV}
Slowly, I felt the world come back to me…though there was a strength in my body I was not accustomed to. Uncertainly, my eyes blinked open and I looked about curiously. I was laying on a soft bed, see-thought curtains billowing in the wind.

I sat up, looking down at my hands as I ran them across the satin sheets and then up to my stomach, my eyebrows raising as I saw I was completely healed. A thought occurred to me as I moved to the edge of the bed…carefully, I ran my tongue lightly over my teeth; breathing in sharply as I realised I had fangs. I smiled slightly as I slipped off the bed and padded softly towards the open doors; holding the billowing curtains aside and tip-toeing out of the room onto the adjoining balcony.

Quiet as a mouse, I walked up behind Pogo and, wrapping my arms about his waist from behind, placed a sweet kiss against the nape of his neck. I smiled as he placed one hand over one of mine and lifted it to his lips in a tender kiss.

“For a moment there…I thought I’d lost you…”

“For a moment there…I think you may have…” I smiled and tightened my arms a little. “And yet here we stand…”

“That’s the thing about vampires in love,” Pogo smiled and turned in my arms to face me, bringing his hands up to gently cradle my head. “We never give in…and we never lose.”

“Glad to hear it.” I laughed quietly, a soft whimper leaving my lips as he kissed me.

“Mmm…oh, and speaking of never losing…” I watched as he tugged a box from his pocket and, quick as lightening, pulled out a dazzling ring and slipped it onto my finger. “You’re getting married in the morning.” He winked at me and leant down to kiss me again.

I placed a finger over his lips. “Aren’t you meant to wait for me to say yes?” I asked with a sly smirk, feigning shock as he pulled me to him roughly.

“Would you ever tell me no?” He smirked back at me before kissing me passionately.

As I pulled back slightly, I smiled. “That may be seen as coercion…” I smiled and leant up on tip-toe, brushing my lips against his. “But, no…not in this case.”

He chuckled, sweeping me off my feet and carrying me, bridal style, back inside. “It’s not often the bad guy gets the girl…”

“That’s because they never expected any girl…” I nipped at his lower lip as he laid me back down on the bed, smiling wickedly. “To want her men…bad…

Finish

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

855 28 12
Dustin Henderson x F!Reader ❝ 𝙇𝙞𝙩𝙩𝙡𝙚 𝙨𝙞𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙞𝙣𝙛𝙖𝙢𝙤𝙪𝙨 𝙎𝙩𝙚𝙫𝙚 𝙃𝙖𝙧𝙧𝙞𝙣𝙜𝙩𝙤𝙣 𝙞𝙨 𝙛𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙖 𝙡...
258 35 22
---------------------------- Tristan, the entertainment industry's sweetheart and every lady's dream, has always had his life revolve around his fame...
221K 7.1K 21
You, the reader, have just attended the best concert of your life- your very first BVB (Black Veil Brides) concert. After their set, you go backstage...
113 10 13
There are certain people in our life that are permanent. But there are also some that are, well temporary. I still haven't understood if those people...