DARK PARADISE » Reader x Bru...

By esthetique101

❝ i've always wanted you. I never moved my eyes away from you. ❞ ✅ finished: 5/30/17 More

Beautiful
Metropolis
Mr. Luthor
Balcony
Gift
Gotham
Tell me
Bourbon
Bruce
My Girl
Night
Chance
Talk
Mrs. Luthor
Wedding
Batman
What is love?
Clown
Saved from the Clown
A/N
A/N
Voting Ends
Trauma [END]
hmmm

Goodbye [ALTERNATE ENDING]

1.2K 42 17
By esthetique101

(PLAY THE VIDEO WHEN YOU ARE ALMOST AT THE END)

Before I get into this alternate ending, I would like to thank JennaWayne_Batmom for suggesting an idea for the epilogue. Thanks to her I get to write this. Go check her profile out and give her a follow. She deserves it ❤

Enjoy!

Y/N stands at the edge of the building of LexCorp. The wind meets her face making her hair dance along with it. It was funny how she never stripped on making her way up here. It was as if it was all natural to her. Her legs failed to betray her. The sight of Metropolis under her was gorgeous. Lights were flashing underneath. Streets were busy because it was rush hour. And then she looks to the sky. She sees a never ending sparkling abyss of stars.

Then she turns to face the city that was across the ocean. Gotham. It was a hellhole. A place she doesn't want to go back to but she watches Metropolis and sees a much bigger horror in it. A flying god and a secretive husband was all too much for her. She sighs deeply unsure of what to do next.

The voice behind Y/N shakes her in her position. Y/N knew him well enough to recognize who the voice belonged to. She turns to meet him. His smile was weak and his hands were tucked inside the pockets of his black pants. He looked at her noting her every move.

"Why are you up here?" He asks, looking all around the top of the building. It was plain, wires and machines were at the top. They hum low in the background never enough to disturb the two. Lex knew those machines better than Y/N could ever learn, not that she even intends to.

Y/N gets down from the small ledge, the heels of her boots clicking with her every step. She didn't close the distance between her and Lex. They were perfectly safe in their own small bubble. "I don't know. Maybe thinking about my wrong decisions." She says. She didn't dare to look into his eyes that were somehow burning her figure.

"What are those decisions that you say are not beneficial for you?" He pushes and walks in circles all the while twitching his hands. A mannerism Y/N could never be used to.

"Most of all," she pauses. "Marrying you was the worst." He stops completely. His back facing Y/N. She can feel his anger piercing though her skin. It was almost as frightening as the day she was kidnapped by the Joker. Lex is very unpredictable, such as this time; Y/N doesn't know what he is about to do. Lex is a genius and a mad one. He will destroy anyone that would not bid by his verdict even if it would be his own wife.

"Let's talk about it? I am really not in the mood for fighting right now, Y/N." He says while his voice low and quivery. "Let's go home. Please." Y/N is almost amused to hear him beg but she didn't take advantage of this. She never does. He's still her husband and she loved him once.

"Sure." She says in a low tone. Her eyes fly to his as she closes the distance between them. She picks up his hands and squeezed it, giving him an assuring smile. "We'll talk about it. And I hope you aren't disappointed with what I want." She lets go of his hand while she moves her way out of the building.

She never rode in the same car Lex did. Y/N couldn't standing a bleeding second beside him. She parked at the bottom level of LexCorp. Her hand grip the steering wheel tightly that her knuckles turned white. Her other hand held her phone. She looks at the last message Bruce sent. She never realized until now that she had this immaculate love for him. She wants him right now. She misses his skin. She misses his touch. His lips. His face. Everything about him she missed.

"Fuck it." She mumbles pressing the call button. It rings only twice. Bruce never fails to pick up when it was her calling.

"Y/N." His voice was like a sweet bliss for her. She licks her lips before speaking.

"Bruce." She paused with a small chuckles. "I don't know how to say this but---I miss you." In the other line she can hear him choke. "And I think I'm still in love with you." She continues. This time he silenced. She doesn't know if this was a red flag at all. She feels her nerves crawl under her skin. Her cheeks flushed pink as she waits for him to reply.

"I do, too. Y/N, you are married to Luthor. You are much more safer with him than with me."

"Oh fuck it, Bruce. You know that's not true." He sighs and Y/N purses her lips, now she was scared that he would reject her. "How can we go back to the beginning?"

"I don't know if we still can." She feels her tears roll down her cheeks. Silence enveloped her. "But we can start all over again." Him saying that was a big relief that she giggles to herself. Y/N's tears quickly turn into tears of joy.

"I am telling him about my decisions tonight. Until then, I'll see you soon."

"Bye."

Lex was not home yet. Y/N sat at their kitchen table, a glass of champagne in front of her. She couldn't do this without a drink. She still hasn't changed her clothes but her jacket was long gone. The sound of Lex's car alerted her that she almost spilled the champagne bottle while refilling her glass.

Not long after, Lex steps inside the house and goes to the kitchen. He sees her so he walks closer, longing for what her decisions are. He couldn't believe he was scared. He couldn't deny that his spine was failing him. "Hello." He greets while looking at the walls. He kept his eyes well away from hers. "Y/N, what is it that you wanted to talk about?" He says taking a glass and pouring bourbon from the cabinet. He downs it almost immediately.

"I told you, it's about our marriage." Y/N replies. She never ment it to sound so jeering but it came out that way. She almost regrets it but she remembers what she has to do. "I think we need a divorce." Lex's glass smashes to the wall. It shatters into million different pieces making Y/N jump.

"What?" He says out of anger. Under the table, Y/N quickly calls Bruce. She drops her phone on the floor but Lex was too preoccupied to notice that. "What are you thinking? We have a happy marriage!" The tone of his voice was like a roller coaster ride. One word he sounds like be was begging, the next he demands.

"No, Lex. Our marriage was never good. All these months all you did was come to me whenever you wanted to. You never tell me anything. You come home and you don't even talk to me. You keep saying that you are tired. You always have your excuses. And not only that, you basically forced my parents to make me marry you. I am independent enough to live by myself. I can't take care of myself."

"Do you know what I have done for you?!" He exclaims. Something in his voice screams that he was evil.

"You've done nothing." Y/N says calmly keeping as much distance away from Lex.

Lex clenches his fingers into a ball and punches it against the kitchen counter. He feels the searing pain. Y/N sees the cut on his skin and he bleeds. She stands up almost immediately seeing that he had hurt himself. She's still her and she can't stand the person she once loved hurted. Even though Lex made her go through all those months of being clueless.

"Are you alright?"

"What do you think?" He caresses his knuckles while pressing his head against the wall. Y/N wanted to make her way to him and end this in a way that she wouldn't regret. As she walk closer to him, Lex stops her. He raised one bleeding hand to her. "Stop right there."

"Lex-" she was cut off when Lex throws another glass in her direction. He was a bad aim and it hits the wall behind Y/N. It was enough to make her alert of what was really going on. She's needs to leave. "Okay, I'm getting out of your house now." She says loud enough for him to hear but before she could take another step, Lex had a knife in his hands. Y/N gasps.

"Take the knife down, Lex." She says as calmly as she can be which was a lie. Her heart was throbing in her chest. Silently she wishes that Bruce picked up her call. "We can settle this down like sane adults do." She says remembering the Joker's smile and demeanor.

She takes a step backwards but then his footing was perfect. He got to her faster than she could blink. She squeals as she felt the coldness of the knife against her throat. "LEX! PLEASE, STOP THIS!" She says as loud as she can.

"Why would I?! Huh?" But before he could say another word, he falls to the ground, along with the knife that was at Y/N throat. She breathes out the air that she forgot she was holding. She turns to face whoever saved her and it was Bruce. He didn't wear his bat suit but a plain blue button up long sleeved shirt. He clearly looked like he came to her as fast as he could.

*Cue the video*

"BRUCE!" She exclaims in relief while hugging her beloved. She never felt so safe in his arms before, now she does. His arms snakes around her waist. Their bodies smile in recognition with their pair. "Take me out of here." Bruce smirks.

"Of course." He replies. He's never felt so vulnerable in his life ever. This girl in front of him makes him crumble. She makes the stars cry and the oceans kneel to her. She was a queen and this bat was her king. It was the reality and not only in their dreams.

They never felt so desperate with each other's touch till this day. Their lips meet and move in perfect sync. She cuts it off though. She looks at Lex, he was on the ground, passed out. "Will he be alright?"

"He will be." Bruce replies.

"Let's go then."

They both get inside Bruce's car and almost immediately it drifts away off of the house Y/N called home for months. She was not coming back, not in a million years. She's saved again, safe in the car of a man she truly loves.

{end}

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 19.2K 104
Cover by GlebTheZombie on deviantart. I DONT OWN ANY CHARACTERS OR DC. Batfam/brothers xreader requests welcome. KEY- Y/n - your name Y/ln - last...
46.5K 1.5K 23
Love may seem like a really complicated term depending on the person who seeks it. It can be pretty like a scene from a fairytale, but it can be the...
128K 6K 13
"𝙄'𝙢 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙘𝙧𝙖𝙯𝙮, 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬? 𝙄 𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙨𝙚𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜𝙨 𝙙𝙞𝙛𝙛𝙚𝙧𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙡𝙮 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙣 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙚𝙡𝙨𝙚." 𝘐𝘯 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘤�...
216K 5.6K 40
You got fired from your job, assisted a bank robbery, and met the Joker all on the same day. Can you survive working for the Joker? Will having his t...