(Shadamy) Ebony Rose

By WannabeEmPad

Amy has been in love with certain blue hedgehog since she was 12, and when he finally grows the courage to te... More

Should've seen it
Re-thinking
Wasted
Home Starbucks
Start of Change
Back Again
Not a date
Ooze the walls
Something to Say
Just happened
Unexpected behavior on a peculiar day
It was an inconvenience
Beach
Capture the Flag
Something New
Ark
Revealed
Sacrifice
Encore
(Update)
Warm Greeting
How Cruel
Commemoration Ball (Part 1)

Rain

2.2K 56 19
By WannabeEmPad

3rd POV

Amy exaggeratingly groans as she sulks in front of her bedroom window.

It was raining.

Again.

And it's only been an hour since she was at the beach. 

Groaning once more, Amy spins on her heels and plops onto her bed, wining into the bed sheets until she's out of breath. Ears flicking, Amy rotates her head to look at her phone that was next to her; screen lit with a notification.

Amy feels like a noodle.

Dragging an arm to her phone, she checks the screen to see... Cream calling.

Cream was calling her.

Snapping out of whatever daze she was in, Amy hops upright on her bed and hesitantly hits answer, "Hello?"

There's a pause, and Amy isn't sure whether to hang up or wait, but then she hears a muffled noise and Cream speaks up, "Uh- Hey Amy."

So many emotions cross her mind: awkward, nervous, excited, guilt, but the main one is confusion. "What's up?" Amy asks, deciding to see what the bunny's intentions are.

"I was, uh, hoping we could talk? I have a lot of things i need to clear up between you and me, and I'm sad and want us to be friends again? Uh- if you want that is..." Cream's voice is soft, uncertain and Amy feels her gut sink a little further with every word. She missed her too. It was unmistakable, they've been friends for as long as she can remember; Cream is practically her other half of a sister.

A small smile spreads across Amy's lips, "I'd like that."

"Really?" Cream squeaks on the other line. "How about in half an hour, my house? I understand if you can't, I know its such a short notice..."

"It's cool, Cream. I'll see you in thirty." And with that, Amy hangs up the phone-

-and falls back onto her bed with a floof.

What a day.

The sight of Cream's house is the first click. Amy swallows the lump in her throat and she steps up to her friend's door. Knocking on the door is the second click. Clenching her hands into fists, Amy fights the shakiness that's running through her body. The last click is when Cream opens the door; face flush and eyes wide.

"I'm so sorry!"

"I'm sorry!" They both cry. Closing the space between them, Amy hugs the bunny tightly with the hopes of never letting go.

Cream breaks their hug.

"I've been so ignorant and blind and stupid this whole time and i'm so sorry I caused this drift between us!" She wails, wiping her eyes with the sleeve of her sweatshirt. Amy rests her hands on Cream's shoulders.

"I'm sorry for shutting you and the others out as quickly as i did. I should've explained myself sooner." Amy says, eyes tearing up as well. 

Looking up at her friend, Cream giggles, wiping her eyes another time, "Friends?"

"Friends." Hugging it out again, both girls laugh and hug one another tighter. Amy frowns, which causes Cream to tilt her head.

"What's wrong?"

"I still have to resolve things with Tails." Amy sighs. Perking up, Cream gasps.

"He's in the house now if you want to talk to him! I'll be right by your side in case you need my say! I know he has an apology somewhere in that thick skull of his." She smiles, and Amy remembers how giddy Cream is; she's such a bright girl. 

But talking to Tails has Amy coiling in on herself, "He's not going to want to talk to me."

"I'll make him." Cream insists. Putting the discussion to an end, Cream pulls Amy into her house to confront Tails.

Tails did not , in fact, want to talk to Amy. It took a snappy Cream and a death threat to Tails' workshop to get him to lumber down. He admitted his faults, that it was wrong of him to blatantly ignore Amy when he was the one to initially hurt her feelings by being rude towards her friends. Amy apologized as well, and before she knew it, they were all sitting in the dining room drinking tea and catching up.

"I can't believe it took this long to get back together." Cream pouts, sipping from her cup. Amy shrugs.

"Should've called me sooner, sweetie." They laugh.

Tails has his hands wrapped around his mug; he says, "I've heard you and Sonic are hanging out more?"

Nodding, Amy sips her tea before answering, "Yeah. He wants to get to know the 'new' me. I don't blame him, I've definitely changed and it's been a while since we really did hang out."

Tails and Cream exchange a look, and Amy puffs out a questioning laugh, "What guys?"

Cream flushes, "Nothing! I'm glad you and sonic are getting close again."

"Close is a bit of a stretch." Amy taps her fingers along the rim of her glass. Tails speaks up.

"Do you-- well-- still like Sonic?" He's uncertain about asking Amy the question. Amy on the other hand just laughs.

"No, I don't. I'm pretty sure he still doesn't like me either, so everything is the way it was meant to be. Me not obsessing over him and him not avoiding me, and us actually being true friends." Amy nods; content. That word seemed to be in her mind recently. Her own thoughts, to Shadow's reassurance earlier that day. Truth was, Amy really did like that her and Sonic were friends. She didn't like him for the heroic, brave aspect of him. She liked him because of his character. Amy still has more to learn about him.

If the couple in front of Amy could've been more frozen, but they were already solid like a rock. Tails hastily stands up and gathers the cups into his hands, yelling, "I'll go clean these!"

Amy raises her eyebrows, shocked. What was up with these two? What are they hiding?

"Cream, is something going on that I don't know about?" Amy asks, leaning closer into the table.

"N-No!" She squeaks. "I-It was nice having you over! I'm so glad we got to talk again!" Cream flings herself onto Amy for a hug.

"I"m glad to." the pink hedgehog says, still confused. Pulling away, Amy and Cream go silent. "I think i'm going to head back home," Amy begins, standing up and pushing in her chair, "It's getting late and It's still raining and I don't want to be a burden."

"Oh! Okay! That's totally fine, I understand." Cream says, walking Amy to the door. They exchange hugs, say goodbye, and Amy is then on her way back home.

In the rain.

. . .

"Eggman's been such a pain in the ass lately." Rouge says over the comm. "He keeps hacking into the government's systems and pulling pranks. It's like he's out of things to do as a villain." 

Amy laughs, scanning the area around her before responding. "He's getting old and running out of brain juice. I don't think he's capable of doing anything  really sinister anymore. That's probably why we haven't personally seen him in so long. He's probably in bed rest."

Rouge snorts, "I swear if the next time we see him he's in a wheel chair being spoon-fed by those two robots he's got, i'm gonna piss myself."

"You two need to say focused." Shadow mutters. Rouge and Amy giggle, their jokes still prominent in their minds, and they continue on with their mission.

"So if G.U.N is correct, Eggman should be here?" Amy asks.

"That's what was said, sweetheart." Rouge says.

"Then that means there's a 50 percent chance Eggman will be in a wheelchair," Amy jokes, "33.3 percent if Shadow pitches in."

"HA!" Rouge bursts, laughing hard, and Amy laughs with her. In the comm, she can hear Shadow speaking.

"I will not."

"C'mon Shads! What do you think he'll look like?" The bat asks between giggles. Amy can't break the smile spread across her face as she paces the halls. While Eggman was supposed to be here, everything was quite empty for someone who normally has an overwhelming about of guards.

"No."

"Please, Shadow?" Amy pleads.

"No, because if we do find him, and if he is in a wheelchair, I don't want to be apart of his utter humiliation and maybe even- death by embarrassment." Shadow says. Rouge is still laughing, but she's calmed down.

"I think if he is in a wheel chair, i'll have to excuse myself from the room to catch my breath." She says.

"God, i don't know what i'll do if we walk into some vast room, and then he's just laying there in a bed connected to a tube." Amy tries to hold in her laughter. She can just imagine Shadow shaking his head right now.

"When you two are done fooling around, i'm at the entrance to Eggman." Shadow tells the girls. Rouge and Amy both hurry to meet Shadow.

They both arrive around the same time, and turn to stare at two large doors before them. Amy snickers. 

Shadow and Rouge turn around; Rouge with an amused look on her face and Shadow's unreadable.

Amy pats her cheeks with her hands, "Sorry, Sorry! Just getting the giggles out."

Shadow opens the doors. Holding her breath, Amy follows behind. The room is dark, ironically as suspected, and Amy spots a figure near a window to her left. She nudges Shadow and Rouge.

Eggman continues to stare out the window. Amy couldn't tell if he was standing or sitting- but of course that didn't matter at the moment.

"If you're here to confront me about the spam, i'm not planning on doing it again," His figure shuffles, "It was just for fun." Eggman says. 

"Can we turn on a light in here?" Rouge complains. The lights flicker on, and we are met with (a standing, unfortunately), Eggman face to face. He smiles a wicked smile.

"SO what brings you three here today?" He asks, grin growing wider.

"Came to make sure you aren't planning anything." Rouge continues. It's best if she talks, since she does have a longer history with the scientist.

"Nope. I've come to the end of my days. I'm retiring. Not here- in a nice home that I'm not going to tell you where." Eggman walks away from us, towards a desk littered with papers and folders.

"Retirement?" Amy asks. Guess it makes sense, she thinks to herself, they were just joking about how he's getting old.

"Yes, Amy, retirement. Retirement from being a mad scientist just like my dear old father and many more relatives. Our brain must continue on and my time has come to its end." Sitting down behind the desk, Eggman gestures they come closer.

"What do you mean, 'our brain must continue'?" Shadow asks, taking a step forward. Amy watches him closely. He always seems to be stiff around Eggman, talking about Eggman, hearing about him. It probably has to do with the Ark.

"For generations to come!" Eggman wails. 

The three mobians pause. Wait... 

"You have a kid?" Rouge asks in disbelief. Eggman chuckles, unfazed by their obvious discomfort.

"Why yes, but she was merely created from a sample of my DNA. To effort came into creating her." He says.

"I'm so lost." Amy whispers.

"Anyways!" Eggman claps his hands, "I'm done with your G.U.N, i'm done with the Freedom Fighters, and i'm done trying to rule the Earth! You do not need to hunt me down any longer. You should be expecting my daughter to make an appearance in twenty to twenty-five years."

Consider Amy's jaw dropped because she was shocked. This seemed fake. Eggman can't just suddenly retire, he's too crazy to do that. There's something else to his story he's not telling.

"So feel free to leave, you are no longer needed here." Eggman says. He stands up, bows his head ever so slightly, and then leaves the room.

Rouge turns around to Amy, face written with shock, "I am in disbelief."

Amy shakes her head, "I don't get it. I feel like there's something missing, something he's not telling us. There has to be more to this than just retirement and passing his brains down the family."

"I have the save feeling." Rouge sighs, placing a hand on the hedgehog's arm. They both look at Shadow who is staring off to the distance; towards the windows. They were stretched along the wall allowing just enough light to enter the room.

Shadow was still, except for his hands. They are balled into fists. Amy sees Shadow's hand twitch. "Shadow? You okay?"

Shadow spins around, albeit a bit to fast, and pulls out his emerald.

"I'm fine. Lets head out before something else occurs."

Amy knew he wasn't fine.

Shadow teleports both of them back to their homes. Amy says goodbye, then walk inside her home, up to her room, and stares out her window,

watches Shadow chaos control,

and watches the rain.

A/N: Hey guys! My schedule for posting chapters here is getting hectic(at least i think so) and i'm just trying to figure it out. Don't always have the time to just sit down and write- you know?

Anyway... I personally feel like this chapter was everywhere? but it's here and it's shorter than usual, so just...! BARE WITH ME I'm figuring things out. Again- sorry for the lame chapter, i promise the next will be better and longer and wayy more interesting. I dont like how choppy this chapter is- but i am on sort of a time crunch writing this, and i used the only available time i had and did the best i could with it lmao

At least one thing good has come of this craziness: I'm going to be writing a oneshot and posting it here, not anytime soon haha, but I will be. So look out for that in the later months. Not going to say anything about it in case i change it up ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 47 26
Probably the first ever ShadAmyOuge story but idk I haven't looked Main plot After years of Amy chasing sonic he finally grows the Courage to tell Am...
53.9K 2K 20
Strangers, Acquaintances, Casual Friends, Close Friends, Intimate Friends ... Lovers? This story will follow the growing friendship between Shadow a...
65.6K 1.8K 19
"Opposites attract" said no one ever. Amy rose is a happy and excited girl that chases Sonic on the daily. Unlike Shadow, who is a quiet guy, able...
89 1 1
When Amy follows Sonic into the woods for her only to see him with another girl. feeling heartbroken she tries to get over him by hanging out with hi...