against all odds | nyt - kjs

By ibiasjinah

kim jisoo's life was as perfect as it could get. but maybe 'perfect' doesn't exist and when jisoo begins to r... More

introduction
0.1
0.2
0.3
0.5
0.6
0.7

0.4

986 89 3
By ibiasjinah

after the little encounter with yuta, i had excused myself saying i had somewhere to be.

his lips had only formed in a slight smile as he nodded. "okay, hope to see you at the party."

and i had only kept my lips pursed as i walk away, only the two books lisa and jennie recommended in my hands.

after renting the books out and creating an official library card with the new bookstore, i pull out my phone to check if doyoung had sent me a text at all, attempting to hide my disappointment when i realized he hadn't.

as i had tucked my phone back into my purse and adjusted my scarf, i had then stepped out of the bookstore, the chilly breeze hitting me quickly.

practically breaking into a sprint, i run down the block to where my black audi is parked in all its greatness.

pulling out my keys to auto

- start and unlock my car as i near, i instantly throw the door open and hop in, blasting the heat after slamming the door shut.

sitting there for a bit as i blankly stared outside my car window, i couldn't help but think about the weird run-in i just had with yuta and the idea of me going to the party.

sinking my teeth down into my lips, i pull my phone out of my purse, dialing jennie's number.

connecting the bluetooth of my phone to the car, i was then able to begin driving.

jennie picks up within the third ring with a tired 'hello'?

"hey, you okay?" i ask, worried as she sounded so tired.

"yeah, i was just up really late finishing a stupid assignment for professor han," she says, "why? what's up?"

"oh, i see. well, guess who i ran into today?"

"who?"

"yuta." i say, unsure of how she'd react as she was still pretty good friends with him, yet knew how awkward it was for me.

jennie laughs, amused as i frown. "how'd that go?"

"awkward." i say, pausing.

"he said taehyung and namjoon are throwing a halloween party. are you going?" i ask, already knowing she would, in fact, be going.

"you already know i am." jennie replies as i expected. "even chaeyoung and lisa are going."

my eyebrows raise in surprise.

lisa, not as much as a surprise as she went to parties often,

but chaeyoung?

chaeyoung was the same as me.

we didn't party.

"chaeyoung's going?!" i ask, disbelief  evident in my tone.

"yeah, jaehyun wants her to go since she's been so stressed about mid-exams and whatnot."

"why didn't i know about this? why didn't you guys tell me?" i ask, a bit hurt my own bestfriends hadn't told me  they'd all be attending a party together without me.

"well, jisoo... even when we do tell you, you never want to come or you make excuses- we just assume you don't want to." jennie explains, and i can't argue with that. it was true. "but you should come tomorrow night. it'll be really fun with you there! come on, we're only in college once." she pleads, and i stay quiet.

i always think doyoung would be disappointed in me, but then i scoff to myself, wondering if he'd even care.

after a momentary silence, i heave a deep sigh.

"i might as well go, not like i have anything better to do, anyways." i finally mumble, and jennie begins squealing immediately.

"oh my god, actually...?!" she exclaims so loudly that i have to slightly pull the phone away from my ear.

"mhm." i had hummed back, in which jennie had went on gushing about having matching halloween costumes and whatnot.

eventually, i make it home and jennie and i bid our farewells over the phone, with me promising to text her later on.

i had entered my apartment parking garage and sat still in my car, gathering my thoughts the best that i could.

as i had finally recollected myself, my phone chimes.

mom : jisoo, dear.

doyoung is back in town today, correct?

how about a dinner with all of us tomorrow night? Your father is back from his business trip.

reading the texts,  i immediately froze.

as if to add onto more of my never ending list of problems.

get it together, kim jisoo.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 59.2K 72
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...
144K 2.9K 44
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
1.2M 52.7K 99
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
422K 28.7K 43
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...