0.4

after the little encounter with yuta, i had excused myself saying i had somewhere to be.

his lips had only formed in a slight smile as he nodded. "okay, hope to see you at the party."

and i had only kept my lips pursed as i walk away, only the two books lisa and jennie recommended in my hands.

after renting the books out and creating an official library card with the new bookstore, i pull out my phone to check if doyoung had sent me a text at all, attempting to hide my disappointment when i realized he hadn't.

as i had tucked my phone back into my purse and adjusted my scarf, i had then stepped out of the bookstore, the chilly breeze hitting me quickly.

practically breaking into a sprint, i run down the block to where my black audi is parked in all its greatness.

pulling out my keys to auto

- start and unlock my car as i near, i instantly throw the door open and hop in, blasting the heat after slamming the door shut.

sitting there for a bit as i blankly stared outside my car window, i couldn't help but think about the weird run-in i just had with yuta and the idea of me going to the party.

sinking my teeth down into my lips, i pull my phone out of my purse, dialing jennie's number.

connecting the bluetooth of my phone to the car, i was then able to begin driving.

jennie picks up within the third ring with a tired 'hello'?

"hey, you okay?" i ask, worried as she sounded so tired.

"yeah, i was just up really late finishing a stupid assignment for professor han," she says, "why? what's up?"

"oh, i see. well, guess who i ran into today?"

"who?"

"yuta." i say, unsure of how she'd react as she was still pretty good friends with him, yet knew how awkward it was for me.

jennie laughs, amused as i frown. "how'd that go?"

"awkward." i say, pausing.

"he said taehyung and namjoon are throwing a halloween party. are you going?" i ask, already knowing she would, in fact, be going.

"you already know i am." jennie replies as i expected. "even chaeyoung and lisa are going."

my eyebrows raise in surprise.

lisa, not as much as a surprise as she went to parties often,

but chaeyoung?

chaeyoung was the same as me.

we didn't party.

"chaeyoung's going?!" i ask, disbelief  evident in my tone.

"yeah, jaehyun wants her to go since she's been so stressed about mid-exams and whatnot."

"why didn't i know about this? why didn't you guys tell me?" i ask, a bit hurt my own bestfriends hadn't told me  they'd all be attending a party together without me.

"well, jisoo... even when we do tell you, you never want to come or you make excuses- we just assume you don't want to." jennie explains, and i can't argue with that. it was true. "but you should come tomorrow night. it'll be really fun with you there! come on, we're only in college once." she pleads, and i stay quiet.

i always think doyoung would be disappointed in me, but then i scoff to myself, wondering if he'd even care.

after a momentary silence, i heave a deep sigh.

"i might as well go, not like i have anything better to do, anyways." i finally mumble, and jennie begins squealing immediately.

"oh my god, actually...?!" she exclaims so loudly that i have to slightly pull the phone away from my ear.

"mhm." i had hummed back, in which jennie had went on gushing about having matching halloween costumes and whatnot.

eventually, i make it home and jennie and i bid our farewells over the phone, with me promising to text her later on.

i had entered my apartment parking garage and sat still in my car, gathering my thoughts the best that i could.

as i had finally recollected myself, my phone chimes.

mom : jisoo, dear.

doyoung is back in town today, correct?

how about a dinner with all of us tomorrow night? Your father is back from his business trip.

reading the texts,  i immediately froze.

as if to add onto more of my never ending list of problems.

get it together, kim jisoo.