A Matter Of Chance

By reverberations

[no longer continuing | old version | incomplete] ❝I fell in love with her when we were together, then fell... More

Prologue
Chapter One: Time To Go
Chapter Two: The Unexpected Guest
Chapter Three: The Awkward Dinner
Chapter Four: The Old Memories
Chapter Five: The Forgotten Past
Chapter Seven: Taking Care of the Sick
Chapter Eight: The First Day
Chapter Nine: The English Assignment
Chapter Ten: The Movie Marathons
Chapter Eleven: Birthday Planning
Chapter Twelve: The Birthday Surprise
Chapter Thirteen: I Want To Talk To You
Chapter Fourteen: At Least I Tried
Chapter Fifteen: Look who's back!
Chapter Sixteen: Time for some Truth & Dare
Author's Note

Chapter Six: The Dare

338 1 2
By reverberations

Chapter Six - The Dare

I woke up suddenly on the feel of water. I open my eyes to see Cayden and Anna looked worriedly towards me. I swiftly straighten up now that I was sitting on my bed as the both sigh. Sigh of what? Relief?

"Thank God you woke up Taylor. Now get off the bed and get ready, it’s already 8." Anna informed. Get ready? But why? I look at her confused.

"Get ready for what Anna?" I asked confused.

"Forgotten? We had to Mackenzie's remember?" Mackenzie's? We already went their last night?

"One minute. What’s the time and date?" I enquired.

"It’s August 15th and its 8 pm as ‘I mentioned earlier. Why?" Anna asked confused. Then the reality hits. Shit!! I had been dreaming!! Oh God. All that was just a dream?!

"C'mon Tay get up fast we have to leave soon as you have already been sleeping for last three hours. Your dress is on the couch with the accessories and shoes. Just take off your glasses for the night. Okay?" I nodded as she left my room. My head dropped into my hands and I let out a groan. Oh my. All that was just a dream. Oh lord. Why?

I still quite upset about the fact that all that was a dream when it felt so real, slide off the bed and go to the bathroom and give myself a shower. I wrap myself in my bathroom robe go back to the room for the dress. Déjà vu hits me and I stood there dumbstruck seeing the same grey - navy blue dress which I saw in my dream. I quickly dressed up knowing that I don't have any time to waste. I quickly dried my hair and pull them up in a high pony and apply some gloss. The difficult part to do was the contact but I do succeed. I give myself I quick glance and I have to admit I look good. I quickly picked up my phone and switch off the lights and went downstairs making a mental note of dressing up like this occasionally for change.

Downstairs I heard Annabeth on the phone and Cayden was nowhere in sight. I just simply went and sat on the couch waiting for Anna to finish her call.

"Oh...okay, we'll be there in 20. Bye." She hung up and looked at me.

"You know you look good in this dress." She smirked at me.

"I know." I smirk back.

"Seriously you should dress up like this more often." She said

"I know, I have already made a mental note of that and by the way where did you find it?" I asked referring the dress.

"It was one of the many dresses in your closet which are kept untouched and before I forget. CAYDEN GET YOUR LAZY ASS DOWNSTAIRS OR I WILL SHOW AMELIA YOUR THUMB SUCKING PHOTOGRAPHS." She shouted and in less than a minute Cayden was standing before us.

"Yes ma'am." He saluted her. Both I and Anna grinned at him.

"Now tell me what’s on?" I asked.

"There is a change of plan." She informed and both me and Cayden were still confused.

"Now we're not going to Mackenzie's as it is suddenly under renovation so we are going to a party." She spoke.

"What?" I said while Cayden smiled in enthusiasm.

"Any problem, Taylor?" Anna asked sweetly, actually way too sweetly.

"Yes, there is. You are taking me to a place where I don't know anyone." I said.

"C'mon Tay, it’s your chance of making new friends even before the school and besides, you already know five people out there so tag along anyone of them." She suggested.

"One thing, sweetie, this boy." I pointed Cayden who was standing next to me," is going to stick hip to hip with his girlfriend, Amelia who happens to be one of the five people I know in the party. So now it’s three. Then you are gonna sit next to your so-called boyfriend or crush, whatever you want to call your relationship with him and blush like hell. It all comes down to me spending time with that Jerk who my dear uncle William named Christopher and there is no way in hell I'm spending time with him." I explained.

"She got a point Anna." Cayden pointed out and I grinned.

"But why do you even hate him on the first place?" Anna asked and my grin faded. There was no way I am going to tell them about the reason; it was just between me, my friends in Santa Fe and Christopher.

"I just do and I am not telling it." I said and crossed my arms on my chest.

"Listen Tay, you are coming and if you once again whine like a baby I'm going to do something that you will learn a good lesson." She threatened and I was taken aback from this. I knew what she could do and I knew there was no point of arguing anymore. I let out a groan and nodded.

"Good. Now can we go?" She asked and I and Cayden nodded. We reached to the garage where Cayden's car was parked and we quickly got in. 

The party was at a guy named Kyle's place. As far as I can figure out, he was rich spoiled brat who was partying because his parents were never home and he was the host at most of the after basketball game parties. He lived in a big mansion at 20 minutes’ drive.

When we reached his place, my jaw dropped. The place was full of adolescents who were drinking, dancing or making out with music blasting out loudly from the speakers.

"Oh Anna, Cayden you guys came." A drunken guy with dark hair greeted who I assumed was Kyle.

"Yeah we did. Obviously who would we ever miss your parties, they are the best." Anna said smiling and that Kyle returned.

"Thanks and who is this beautiful friend of yours who came with you?" He asked definitely asking about me.

"Oh, she is my cousin Taylor; she just shifted from Santa Fe and is going to start her Junior year with us." Anna explained.

"Oh it’s nice to meet you." He brought his hand forth for a hand shake. 

"You, too," I said and shook it.

"Okay you guys get settled I'll see you in a few." He said and we all nodded and proceed further in the house.

We soon found Amelia and Jace sitting on the couch and the Jerk was nowhere in sight. I breathed of relief.

"Oi, guys." Amelia said while Jace just waved. We three waved back.

"Oh My Gosh Tay. You look beautiful." Amelia said and mouthed 'thank you' because it was too loud to hear anything.

I sat on the couch next to Anna who was next to Jace who sat next to Amelia who cuddled with Cayden. Gosh! This can't be anymore awkward.

"Where is Chris Mia?" Anna asked using Amelia's rarely used nickname.

"Just around," She told and Anna nodded just as the jerk arrived.

"Hi guys." Christopher beamed and they replied back. 

"Take the name of the devil and he shall appear." I muttered under my breath.

"Hi to you too, Taylor," Christopher smiled sweetly.

"Hi, Christopher," I said, faking the same sweetness.

"How're you?" He said and sat next to me. Gosh.

"I'm fine, what about you?" I replied.

"Good as ever." He smiled again. 

 "C'mon Tay let’s get some drinks." Anna suggested and I nodded. I so needed to get away from Christopher. We made our way from between then sweaty bodies who were dancing to the kitchen. The kitchen was modernised and had a big refrigerator. We four cans of beer and a glass of sprite. Not that I never had alcohol, I supposed to be driving everyone home. Both were full and it was quite difficult. But suddenly a body collided with me making me spill my drink over him. I gasped.

He let out a groan and looked up.

I am so dead. I though as Christopher opened his mouth and said, “Look before you walk nerd."

"I'm sorry Christopher." I apologised.

"Oh my god, someone please pinch me. Taylor 'Nerdy' Dawson just apologised from me." He mocked.

"Shut up Jerk, it was by mistake. And ever you're at fault." 

"Yeah, yeah,"

"If you mocked again, I am so gonna punch you on the face."

"Oh my god, I am so scared."

"Ugh, why don't you just leave Jerk?"

"Why don't you?" 

"Gosh you're so irritating." I stomped but didn't move an inch.

"Oh, really," He came closer to me our faces were merely inches apart making direct eye contact.

"Yes really." I came closer.

"Hey-hey both of you stop this." I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned to see Jace smirking.

"Both of you, stop fighting." Jace spoke again.

"We are not fighting!" I and Jerk spoke in unison.

"Oh really you both look liked you are gonna murder each other right here." He said amused.

"No, we both were just discussing." I spoke. Jace grinned and Christopher gave me a confused look.

"About what?" Jace crossed his arm on his chest.

"About whose fault it was and who should apologise." I said and Christopher nodded.

"Why were you even discussing that, just simply apologise from each other."

"No." I and Christopher shouted.

"Okay okay cool down." Jace spoke. 

After a moment of silence he spoke again, “Well I've a challenge or bet or dare or whatever you want to call it for you two."

"Shoot." Christopher said.

"You both have to make each other fall in love with the other." He said really fast.

"What?!" I and Christopher shouted in surprise.

"Yes you both will become a couple and date each other. The first to fall will apologise and the winner gets to decide the future of the relationship."

"What's our profit in it?" Christopher asked.

"Hm…first that you get a lover and second that the person who wins, he gets loser and I to do whatever he wants to." He said and I grinned knowing what I wanted him to do but still there is a risk.

"And when do the loser apologises?" I asked.

"On the winter dance; in the front of everyone." He said.

"Okay I agree." Christopher said and I gave him a confused look.

"What about you Taylor?” Jace asked.

I thought for a moment, the challenge had both its pro's and con's.

PRO'S

i) I will have Christopher apologising from me.

ii) Jace and Christopher will do what I say.

CON'S

i) There was a risk of falling for Christopher again.

ii) I would have to bear his tantrums.

They both weighed equal.

"Okay I agree too." I said nevertheless.

"Okay great, but there are a few conditions."

"Shoot." I and Christopher said together again.

"First, you both will start from the first day of school till then you can't meet each other." We both nodded.

"It means that if we all go to each other's place the other one won't go and if we go out then both." We both nodded again.

"You both have to tell me what you want me to do tonight only." We both nodded again.

"The last one is that the confession will only be made on winter dance. Got it?" He asked and we both nodded again and said, "Deal." and turned to each other with a naughty smile totally unaware of what we both have got each other into.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

370 1 33
Lylah loses her beloved mother and is forced to stay with her biological father after the funeral, which is absolute hell. Before the passing of her...
24.5K 2.7K 54
Life was never fair and Elizabeth, understood this concept when her boyfriend cheated on her with her best friend. That was the worst day of Elizabet...
6.2M 108K 37
Sarah's senior year is coming up - and she decided to make the most of it. She is a girl on a mission: living high school to the fullest. Together...
440 63 49
"This is a big world, that was a small town There in my rear-view mirror disappearing now" -Taylor Swift When Maria moves across the country in order...