Odds and Ends

By wanderIess

stories born to die, one-shots never to see the light, and strings of my thoughts. they are the odds and ends... More

i: battlefield {heroes of olympus}
ii: human {poetry}
iv: amnesia {luke hemmings}
v: nothing to be ashamed of {rant}
vi: gone {heroes of olympus}
vii: destruction {heroes of olympus}
viii: try {one-shot}
ix: a jackson thanksgiving {heroes of olympus}
x: break the distance {personal}
xi: a jackson christmas {heroes of olympus}
xii: the coach's daughter {poetry}
xiii: material girl {one-shot}
xiv: across the lake {heroes of olympus}

iii: sight for sore eyes {harry styles}

175 2 1
By wanderIess

Sight For Sore Eyes: A Harry/Jackie One-shot

[this one-shot is dedicated to Moh because this is based off of her story Blinded! You shouldn't read this if you haven't read her story, but you can and slightly understand this. I hope you like this, babe.]

After being blind for more than four years, suddenly being able to see again took a lot of getting used to. My eyes had been so used to the dark, and now the world was light again. It was strange, extremely strange.

Naturally the media exploded at my sight returning. I would see the magazine headlines, and I could hear the celebrity gossip shows rave about me. Jackie Slight, girlfriend of Harry Styles, just had surgery to see again!

It had been nearly three weeks since my surgery, and I still wasn't completely used to the fact that I could see once more. Even the sight of my reflection irked me- I hadn't changed much at all. My blond hair was a bit longer and my face had lost some of its baby roundness. Other than that, I looked exactly the same.

My paintings were something else completely. I had just thought I splattered paint upon the canvasses, but now I could see that there was emotion in the paint splatters. I could see a story within each painting. Mum showed me the first canvas that I had painted after Delilah had died. There were swirls of dark colors- black, different shades of gray, red, and dusty chalk colors. Now I understood why my parents and Harry had made such a big deal about the paintings.

Harry was by my side every available second. He was quite busy, but always managed to make time for me. His visits were limited to only a few hours each day. We would talk, and he would ask me how were my eyes. We would study the sky, describing what I would want to see now that I had sight again. My responses were simple.

I want to see the forest again. I want to see snow falling in the middle of a green field. I want to see how the clouds look from an airplane.

My biggest desire was to see the sunset against the ocean.

When the fourth week rolled around, Harry surprised me with a vacation. My parents had known about it, so when I was handed my passport, a plane ticket, and a suitcase, I was baffled. Harry just smiled from where he was crouched beside Flapjack, telling me that we were headed for California that afternoon.

It was an extremely long flight. A majority of it was spent leaning against Harry's body, fast asleep. When we landed in LA, the jetlag was practically engulfing me. Harry seemed more used to it since he traveled constantly.

We did not stay in the city like I expected we would. Harry loved staying in the city, so I was confused when we were headed away from the city, going west.

When I saw the ocean, I realized what was going on.

"The beach," I realized, gasping as I pressed my face against the glass. The waves were blue and beautiful, crashing against the sand.

I heard Harry's soft chuckle. I looked at him and gazed at him for a long moment. His green eyes flickered to me for just a moment, and I admired how his curls moved against the wind. He held my hand as he drove, rubbing circles into the back of my hand with his thumb.

Now that I could see, I was relieved to finally have a face to match the deep voice that had been consoling me for months. His voice matched his face, and everything seemed to fall into place.

"I hope you don't mind staying at a beach house," Harry said casually. "We're staying here for a week, unless you don't like it."

"No, Harry, just shut up," I ordered, lifting his hand to my face and kissing his knuckles. "I love you, I hope you know that."

When I saw his lips curl up into a soft smile, I knew that he knew how much I loved him.

///

When the sun started to set, I woke up from my nap. I expected Harry to be lounging beside me, except I was lying by myself on the couch. I reached down, only to grasp a piece of paper. I picked it up and smoothed it out, holding it up to read it.

Meet me at the beach when the sun is going down. Don't wear anything, you won't need it. xo

I looked outside, seeing the sun setting already. I got up and went into the bedroom for a moment, setting the note by my suitcase.

My face felt hot, mostly because I was thinking about what was going to happen. Harry and I had have sex before, just not with my sight. I had been blind when I lost my virginity. Now I was going to see every bit of him.

With a shaky resolve, I pulled my shirt over my head, as well as unclipping my bra. I pulled down my shorts and underwear, stepping out of the pool of clothing I had left beside the bed. My hands felt sweaty as I walked out of the bedroom, going to the sliding glass door.

The air outside was warm, typical for this time of year in California. The sky was beginning to look orange and pink on the horizon. The colors of the water reminded me of watercolor.

My bare feet touched the sand, which was warm and grainy on my skin. I could see Harry lounging on his back in the sand, the waves repeatedly batting against his chest, remaining at his hips. I crossed the beach until I was by his side, choosing to stand. I was too anxious to sit down.

Harry looked up as I looked down at him. His eyes were taking on the color of the sunset, the gold in his eyes looking more prominent.

"Hello, baby," he greeted in his low voice. My eyes studied his chest, attracted to the sparrows inked onto the spot just beneath his collarbones.

He stood, and I watched as he towered over me. I kept my eyes locked with his, just thankful in that moment that this was a secluded area. The beach house was safely hidden, as well as this beach, which was private.

My hand slightly trembled as I touched his skin. It was warm, almost feverish against my hand. My fingers traced the shape of the sparrows, watching as his eyes closed.

There were two tiny crosses by one of the sparrows. I pressed my lips twice against the spot, and my fingertips traced over the tattoo that read 17 BLACK.

His left arm was covered in ink. I saw a heart, a ship, a clothes hanger, letters... There were the most random things I have seen on his arm.

There was a cage along his ribs. Above his hip there was a tattoo that said Might as well...

He was beautiful, his tattoos reminding me of a notebook.

"Harry, you should have told me how..." My voice was quiet as my hand traced the sparrows once more.

Harry chuckled, though it sounded a bit hesitant. "Jackie, it's a bit hard to explain my tattoos if you can't see them myself."

My arms locked around him, and he pulled me even closer. A wave crashed down, hitting my hip. Harry lifted me up so now that my legs were wrapped around his waist and he was carrying me. I was aware how close we were, our bare skin touching each other. His skin was like a flame against mine.

"Just relax, Jackie," Harry murmured as his lips began to kiss down my neck. "This isn't any different from when we had sex before, except now you can see."

"Exactly, that's a bit scary," I explained in a low voice.

"Baby, you need to understand I'll take even more care of you now."

And I trusted him.

///

When night rolled around, my body felt weightless. The sand, a bit damp beneath my wet body, was soft like a bed.

Harry was beside me, his arm around me. My head was pressed tightly against his chest, where I listened to his heartbeat.

It had been quite a night. It wasn't just sex, but it was as slow and loving as our first time. I got to see how his skin looked when he was sweaty, and I got to see his face when he went over the edge. I got to see how his hair took on the golden colors of the sunset and how the gold in his eyes grew brighter in the dusk.

Now the sky was violet, the stars shining. The moon was full, shining like a spotlight on the water. The waves crashed about fifty feet away. Harry and I were lying extremely close to the beach house, a large towel acting as a blanket over us.

The stars were shining brightly, and I continued to look at them. Harry stirred against me, his hot breath fanning over the back of my neck.

"Jackie?" his sleepy voice questioned.

"I'm right here, Harry," I answered in a whisper.

His lips pressed to my collarbone, his hands moving to grip my hips.

Much like his tattoo, I told myself, might as well.

I rolled over so I hovered over him, the towel falling from our bodies. Our lips met in the middle, and our bodies started moving, two becoming one. My breathing quickened as our hips constantly met in sync.

As I became undone for what felt like the hundredth time that night, my eyes fluttered open. Harry's eyes were fluttering as well, biting his lip as he cursed under his breath.

After being blind for four years, Harry was always a sight for sore eyes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.9K 873 90
Continuation of Modesto story who happens to intercourse with friends,mature,classmates,strangers and even family...
525K 1K 28
A few wedgie challenges for you guys! If you want you can tell me ideas and I'll add them Tell me how it went while you were doing these! it woul...
53.4M 379K 66
Stay connected to all things Wattpad by adding this story to your library. We will be posting announcements, updates, and much more!
215K 772 26
its all in the title babes 😋