Learning to Fall (A Josh Hutc...

By nanalove9516

To enjoy her summer off from school Arianna is visiting her Aunt and Uncle in New York when she has run ins w... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20 (ACTUAL ENDING):)

Chapter 7

14.5K 316 41
By nanalove9516

Josh’s POV

Driving to the event seemed to take forever. I would see a couple of limos drive with me on the suburban roads and eventually getting to Main Street. My hands were shaking on the wheel with the anticipation. Usually I don't get this nervous for these things but I guess I had a reason now. I glanced at the Forget Me Not flowers sitting on the passenger seat.

 I looked back at the road and fiddled with the radio dial and ended up settling with plugging in my iPhone and putting on a playlist. Drive by Incubus came on and I started to lighten up and sing along.

I must be going crazy.

Why…how could I feel this way about a girl I barely knew. My question was answered when I pictured her in my head, her eyes just showed everything about her. I could tell instantly she is a girl with a troubled past and a bright future. And her smile just made my heart melt.

The road suddenly became bumpy as I heard a honk on a car horn. I realized I was going off the road. I quickly got off the shoulder and straightened out keeping focus on the road. I went back to singing along to the song.

The gala looked nothing special. I got there and everyone looked at me and some of them came up and wanted to take pictures. The security let me in instantly and I was followed by some girls.

“Who are those for?” the one red head said. She was wearing a black dress that went way to low for her own good and way too much dark makeup. It didn’t look natural, but I don’t judge. I looked down at the tiny blue flowers in my hand and sighed.

“Oh, just some girl…” once I said that it sounded weird. But I shrugged it off as the 2nd girl nudged her out of the way and came closer to me.

“Awe how sweet! Is she here?” she batted her eyelashes. Some girls are just so desperate.

“Yeah. If you would excuse me I have to go and find her.” They both tensed up and looked disappointed. I felt bad but they weren’t my type anyway.

I walked away and went over to the beverage counter and ordered a soda. As I was waiting I spotted her. Arianna was standing in front of the dance floor talking to someone, setting down her purse and stuff on a table. There were people in the way so I couldn’t see who she was talking to, but I didn’t care. I couldn’t keep my eyes off her. Her dress looked stunning and she stood out form everyone here in her own way.

I took a couple sips of my soda before leaving it at the counter. I straightened up my tux and held the Forget Me Nots gently in my hand. I started walking her way and tried to think of what I was going to say.

Hey beautiful. I didn’t know you would be here?.......no.

Hey! You come here often?.....definitely not!

I went through conversations in my head when I settled with just saying what flowed out my mouth. I am never one for words so this should be interesting.

As I was more than halfway to her I saw who she was talking to.

Kaiden.

I was about to approach them when I saw Kaiden take her hand and he kissed her. I felt my heart drop as I looked at her face and she was smiling with a cute little pink blush. Considering the fact that it was because of Kaiden, it was still cute. She was really beautiful, but she also looked happy.

I looked bout at my flowers and wanted to rip them to pieces but couldn’t. They reminded me to much of her. So I walked away before one of them could see me. I turned back to see them dancing together to a slow song, Kaiden pressing her up against his body.

How could he live with himself when he was just hooking up with some random chick less than 3 hours ago? I continued to watch as I saw her close her eyes, swaying to the music. I wish that was me.

I couldn’t take it anymore so I left. But before I walked out I put the Forget Me Nots on her stuff making sure she would know they were for her. I grabbed a napkin and took a pen from a waiter and wrote her a little note with the flowers.

I managed to get to the other side of the event where people were standing around talking. I decided on talking to some people so my manager knew I was here and didn’t skip out. The gala was for raising money for a 7 year old girl with leukemia and the parents are raising money to pay for her medical bills and treatments.

There was a little table that had a book they people where writing there amount of money they were donating. I walked over and skimmed through the amounts. $10,000s, $5,000s, and $20,000 were the most donated amounts written down.

I looked up to see a teary eyed woman talking to a couple people standing around a picture of Kacey, the little girl. She was sitting in a hospital bed holding a teddy bear wherein a pink bandana. Walking over I noticed she wasn’t sad, she was happy. She was laughing and smiling to everyone. She must be the little girl’s mother.

“Hey. Your Josh Hutcherson right?” she flagged me over and I smiled at her as I walked to her position.

“Yes, it’s nice to meet you Ma’am. It’s really great what you’re doing here.” I looked around and saw that this room, much like the other one had big chandeliers and gold fabrics.

“Thank you. And thank you so much for coming. If only Kacey could see this.” I nodded my head and watched as a man walked over putting his arm around her waist.

“Hello son, enjoying yourself?”

“Yes sir. It’s really amazing, but I’m glad we could do this for your daughter.” They both smiled at me with agreement and relief.

“Honey. This is Josh Hutcherson.” The wife said to her husband. His eyes went wide and then looked at me, studying my face over like he was making sure.

“Well, maybe you could help us.” I nodded my head and she continued. “Our daughter has to go in for another chemotherapy session on Wednesday. Do you think you could visit her before she goes in?” I thought about it but the wife added in.

“It would mean a lot, she is always scared when she goes into that machine. It really would make her day.” She frowned at her husband as he squeezed her side. Because I have a soft stop for things like this I had no choice.

Before I responded I ended up looking at the picture of Kacey, she looked so sad but yet managed to hold a small smile, much like her mom. “I would be honored to.” I smiled at them and they both smiled back but they were faint smiles, they were trying. “I’ll pray for her.”

She took my hand and squeezed them in hers. “Thank you, Josh. We have asked a couple of her favorite stars but they turned us down…it's refreshing to meet a young man who is willing to give back.”

I was touched.

“You are very welcome.”

“Well you should get back to mingling with other people and enjoying yourself. We will talk to you tomorrow about the plans.” The father put a hand on my shoulder as he turned me around and lightly shoved me toward a couple of people who knew who I was and, of course, asked for pictures.

Don’t get me wrong I love my fans, but I just wasn’t in the mood tonight. I most likely had no chance with Arianna because Kaiden usually gets what he was and even if I wanted to be with Arianna, she lives in Georgia.

I live in Cali.

It would never work.

Once I was done mingling with a couple of people I walked out the doors and headed to my car, taking some pictures for the paparazzi when they caught me outside the doors. My manager better be happy about this.

I got in my car and loosened my tie, slamming my fists against the wheel. I felt so stupid I thought anything could happen. She probably thinks I’m some big headed celebrity, that’s why she acted the way she did when we first met, and the look on her face when she bumped into me.

I got home, shut my door, and turned my music up. I mean I guess I should be happy for her. Kaiden could change right? He just needed to change and maybe Arianna is the perfect girl to do that.

I thought this trying to make myself feel better and be happy for her...but in the back on my head, I felt like it was wrong.

Turning my head to look at my alarm clock I sighed as it read 11:45pm. I did leave early but I just didn’t feel comfortable there. I shoved the thoughts that were swarming my head to the side, stripped down to my boxers and turned my light off, flopping onto my bed as I slowly started to drift to sleep.

I love when you guys comment on my stories and I really appreciate it. Soooo yeah vote, comment and fan if you sorta liked this chapter. I know it sucked and it didn’t turn out the way it “should” but that’s not my style lol. So keep reading and tell your other Wattpad friends about my stories. Along with my Logan Lerman fan fiction Love From Pain. Go read it if you already aren’t!! It’s already at 2,400+ reads<3 thanks if you are a fan of me and keep reading!! Love you all!<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

564K 12.2K 39
Aria Lane is your typical shy girl next door; she always completes her homework on time and almost never receives a F on her report card. But what sh...
402K 9K 46
You are an average teenage Girl who has just turned 18 and lives in the UK. Your pretty good in school, no where near popular but all the same not un...
2.4K 49 36
A 16 year old girl named Janiya life turns upside down, when she finds out she has to leave her best friends Leland, Kayla, Malcolm, and Vincent behi...
359K 10.3K 41
Follow my Instagram for any updates and if you have any questions: @nikki_k123 Ellie has lived in Santa Barbara her entire life with her parents and...