The Alpha's First Choice

By deehdoe

I never pitied anyone, because the grass wasn't greener on this side either. But the one woman I felt bad for... More

1. Mr. Perfect's imperfect day
2. At the Doorsteps of a Forever
3A. The Woman I never wanted to be
3B. The First Time 'They' Met
4. I'll take your beautiful farewell with me.
5. Can we take her home?
6. The mirror that shows ugliness
7. When the past comes knocking your door
8. Things that are unbelievable to humans
9. News: the good and the bad
10. The Tables have Turned
11. The Dos and the Don'ts
12. The Light to his Darkness
13.Do I want to be free of you?
14. Not as Good as You're
15. What is she made of?
16. The good Man
17. Home Sweet Home
18. I'll be where you want me to be.
19. Back to normal?
20. A lesson for the generation.
21.Wishes that are easily granted.
22. Be My Secret
23. I remember a lot more than you can imagine.
24. Jealous?
26.His Gift, his Comfort.... not Him.
27. That Crazy Day.
28. Let's blame it all on the Moon. Okay?
29. It's about You..... just You.
30.Moving on....Is it that easy for you?
31. Don't flatter Yourself.
32. I'll look forward to it.
33. Because its you.
34. Thank you for loving me
Epilogue

25. A point of no return

198K 6.3K 476
By deehdoe

I literally had to do nothing for the big day. Every time I tried to help, I was pushed out. My house was filled with planners, official and unofficial, all week. Starting from Luna to Sara, everyone had their own opinion. Did they not learn 'too many cooks......la la la" in school?

So, here I am, after whining for hours, I finally have a job, take Dan to pick up his tuxedo for tomorrow. Ray was driving us to our destination.

We were thirty seconds into the ride when Ray pulled the brakes hard.

"What the eff, Ray" I yelled, pushing my now messed up hair away to check on Dan "Are you alright baby?"

Dan nodded and went back to playing with his lego. Really?

"Not my fault" he yelled back and pointed ahead "That crazy friend of yours has a death wish" Evan was standing in front of our car with a stupid pout "Wait do you guys even die from normal accidents?"

I rolled my eyes "Haven't heard of any such case yet" I rolled down my window "What do you want?" I yelled at Evan, the sun was already setting; we couldn't afford to be late.

He quickly opened the back door and adjusted himself next to a grinning Dan "Hey buddy" he high-fived Dan.

"How do you die then" Ray loves to live in his own bubbles.

"What are you doing here Evan?" I asked again, ignoring Ray.

"Take me along" he leaned against his seat "I'm bored. Mom and Emma aren't in their senses today, they are creeping me out"

"Fine. Let's go" I resigned.

"How do you die then?" Ray repeated, as he drove.

"Seriously?" I glared at him "You're still stuck on that?"

"Why, Mr. Saint?" Evan leaned forward "Are you going to attempt to murder me in my sleep?"

Ray rolled his eyes "Just curious, although if I had to use my knowledge of your kind to kill someone, it wouldn't have been you. You have no value to me, dead or alive. Your brother on the other hand is-" I clamped my palm on Ray's mouth to stop him. He sent me a questioning glance before continuing to look ahead.

"What about my brother" Evan challenged.

"You don't threaten a king in front of his second-in-command, Ray" I glared at him. I am glad that Dan has dozed off.

"Oh" he said after I removed my hand "I forgot that yours isn't a democracy" he smirked.

"Yeah" Evan eased back "it's good that you're a human. If you were any other creature, you would have been dead by now"

"Elaborate" Ray said in a business like tone. God, they love doing that.

Ray and Evan have developed a strange friendship. They are rude to each other every time they open their mouth. Yet, like today, they have no problem in being in the same space and bickering. They enjoy it.

"My wolf detects no threat from you" Evan said yawning "it's like 'You have no value to me, dead or alive'" He smirked after he got the desired reaction from Ray.

"So how do you die?" Ray asked for the third time.

I decided to put an end to his curiosity "We used to die in wars back in the days. Now, we don't fight for territories much, it's all modern day paperwork and long meetings. So we usually just grow old, very old and die naturally"

"How boring" Ray muttered "I thought it would be something different from us. Something interesting"
"We are half human too" I felt the need to remind him.

It was then that the first pang hit me. A strange uncertainty and nervousness clouded my senses. I blinked my eyes to shake off the feeling.

.

Dan was soon suited up in a mini tux and a cute bowtie. He looked like the cutest little pup ever. There were minor fitting issues that will take about half an hour and we are done.

I gave him the sloppiest kiss I could manage. Well don't complain, the other option was to squeeze him with a monstrous hug. Wouldn't have done good to my baby boy, would it?

"Mommy" Dan whined rubbing his face "Don't don't don't" he glared at me.

I giggled. That was when the second pang hit me. It was much stronger; I stumbled, loosening my grip on Dan.

Something was wrong, my wolf was anxious and it wasn't in a good way. She was nervous, almost afraid.

Ray was at my side in a second, he held me steady, it made my wolf more restless "Are you okay?" he asked gently.

"Fine" I managed to say. My heart was thudding like I was running miles. I sat down on the nearest chair.

"Here, water" I took the water eagerly from Evan and gulped it down.

"Your wolf" Evan moved closer "What's wrong with her?"

Rays hand which was rubbing my back, stilled.

"She's fine" I tried to take deep breaths "just a little anxious. Give me a moment"

She's not at all fine. She was somewhere in between begging and ordering me to let her out. I don't think even she knows where her anxiety is coming from.

"Is she going to be okay" Ray asked Evan, his voice tensed.

"Her wolf in her eyes" Evan said, his gaze not leaving me "Heat?" he asked, unsure.

Before I could answer, the store owner, the stylish Mrs. Day, piped in "That's probably not the reason, darling. We are all fine" She said pointing at herself and her female staffs. She pushed Evan away and leaned to the level of my eyes "Do you feel your mate, dear?" she asked.

I froze at the mention of my mate. It was that particular moment that made my wolf still too. She knew as I did..... Liam.

I closed my eyes.

"She hasn't met him yet" I heard Evan.

"I know that" she dismissed Evan, still looking at me for an answer. Of course she knows that, everyone knows everything in packs. Really, knowing every detail of the personal lives of roughly seven hundred wolves is no big deal here.

But that wasn't my concern right now. I'm sure nothing's wrong with him. He's probably home, running around with last minute arrangements. I don't know whom I was consoling, me or my wolf. I need to get out of here and check on him myself.

I stood up abruptly. Mrs. Day moved away, a victorious smirk firmly placed on her lips. Why is she so happy again?

"I'm fine" I manage to say "It's just fatigue"

"We should return then" Ray finally said, relieved that he finally understood something.

I nodded, already walking towards the door.

"The clothes" Mrs. Day reminded us "It'll take another 20 minutes at least"

"I'm sorry dude, I'll have to borrow your key" Evan snatched the car keys from Ray "You stay here with Dan. I'll take her"

"No" I protested "I can go with Ray" because he's the only one who knows my secret. I didn't say it out loud of course.

"And do what? Your wolf is unstable. Do you want to be alone with this human now?" I shook my head slowly, at his commanding voice "You're coming with me" he said with finality.

I managed to covey the change in plans to a confused Dan before handing him over to Ray, all the while praying in my head to the goddess.

"Whom are you calling?" Evan asked as he stated the car.

"Mom" I lied. Please pick up the f*cking phone Liam. This was the third time I redialed his number. Just pick it up and let me breath already. "Fast. Drive faster" I told Evan, trying to maintain my composure as much as I could. I sent a quick message to Ray telling him to take Dan around the town and delay their journey back home. I don't want Dan there in case there's an accident.

"What's going on Eva? And don't tell me its nothing-" Evan started.

"I'm just anxious, Evan" I took a deep breath "I too am trying to figure out why"

He thankfully stayed silent for the rest of the trip.

I sprinted out of the car as soon as we reached the pack house. I couldn't catch his scent. He's probably at my house, I consoled my wolf.

I rushed out of the pack house to walk home as fast as possible.

"Why are you moving around so much" Evan said following me.

"I'm looking for Zach" I told him.

"He's at your place" Evan informed.

I nodded. As predicted, all of my family and friends were there, rushing around.

I stopped at the door and took a whiff. He's not here either. This time, the panic was really setting in. My feet were turning cold.

I spotted Emma and rushed to pull her away from the crowd "Liam?" I whispered to her ear.

She was startled "Eva what's wrong?"

"Liam, where is Liam?" I repeated urgently.

Her eyes settled down "I don't know" she put a concerned hand over my shoulder "let me ask alpha Blake okay?"

I nodded as I leaned on the nearby wall watching Emma move towards the senior alpha. I could also feel Evan's gaze moving between Emma and me.

She came back "He's at Alpha Adam's place. They are best friends" Alpha Adam's pack isn't exactly our neighbor. They are the one next to our neighbor pack "He wants Dan to meet Alpha Adam and his family so he went there to personally invite them. They were on vacation so he couldn't invite him early. Do-"

Emma paused as a loud gasp escaped me. My hand reached for my left shoulder instantly. He is fine, I know he is.

I gritted my teeth "Call their pack house. Liam isn't picking up my calls. I don't think I can keep my wolf in check for long" who was I kidding, I had the attention of everyone in the room, of course I was doing a lousy job at not letting my wolf's presence known.

My mother was moving towards me and so were my friends. I know where this is going, yet at this moment, I don't think I'm sparing that a second thought. My wolf doesn't care and perhaps I don't either.

I moved towards Alpha Blake "Please call Alpha Adam's pack" I said with as much composure as I could muster up "Please" I added before he could question me.

I didn't know I had it in me to be this shaken with Liam's concern. I never thought I would be this helpless. Do they all feel this way? This is my first time, and I don't know how to behave, how to react to this pain.

Is this what Emma felt when Evan was hurt? At least she could yell, cry for help, and let it all out. I probably will look like a lunatic if I did the same at this moment. Why am I hurting so much when we aren't even mated yet?

Everyone was too shocked to react. Evan slowly pulled out his phone and called someone up.

I was startled when he cursed loudly "They aren't picking up" He redialed. After what seemed like days, he spoke "This is Beta Evan from the blue moon pack, our Alpha's supposed to re-" he stopped midway, his expression changed drastically and so did ours as the person on the other end spoke "We are on our way" he finished, his dark eyes not leaving me.

My legs gave away and I let myself take the support of the floor "He's fine" I couldn't see anyone anymore. Relief washed over me "he's fine" I repeated.

I felt Emma hug me "yes he is" she assured "You heard them, he'll be here soon"

"We aren't done here" I heard Evan growl as he made his way out. My brothers followed him. I could hear him bark orders before shifting and vanishing out of sight.

A loud thud took everyone's attention away from the door. My mother collapsed on one of the stairs. She held to the railing as her entire body shook. My father rushed to her and she rested her head on his chest as he hugged her.

The room went silent.

My wolf was howling inside, begging me to follow Evan. 'It's over' I keep telling her 'he'll be here soon'

"Take her to her room" Alpha Blake finally spoke up "We'll talk about this when her wolf's not this anxious"

I felt myself being pulled up, I didn't protest.

"Coffee" I heard Emma tell someone. Yes I need that.

I looked around as I climbed the stairs. Everyone was looking at me except the people I wanted to look at. My mother was still hiding in my father's embrace as I passed by her. Luna Alexandra's back was turned to me; I could see her shoulder quivering.

Emma closed the door behind us "Sara will be here in a minute with coffee. Why don't you freshen up" she pushed me towards the bathroom "We have a long night ahead"

I agreed.

I let my worries wash away with the warm shower. He was safe, that's all I need.

Rogues were planning their attack on Alpha Adam's pack when they heard that he was away on vacation. Dan's birthday forced them to cut their vacation short. The rogues didn't know that. A massacre is all the rogues desired. So they crossed their territory today. Coincidentally, it was when Liam entered their territory too. He came across the rogues before their patrol team could. They were around thirty in number. Liam and our delta who was with him, delayed their progress by distracting them, he killed a few. His howls alerted the pack and they soon joined him.

He was fine. A few wounds wouldn't be of much concern as long as he comes back safe. Evan's going to escort him back.

It's what happens after that's starting to worry me. Once the panic got out of my way, I realized what I did down there.

They know.

I let them know, Liam didn't.

*****

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

606K 15.4K 22
Werewolf / Romance / Thriller This story is not the typical reject story where the girl get rejected by her alpha mate, and she run away and get back...
1.1M 28K 35
"I-I'm sorry for waking you up. Please forgive me Alpha." She basically threw herself to her knees and bared her neck: a sign of submission. I sighed...
60.6K 797 9
"You can fight me all you want, Grace, but you can't ignore what you feel for me forever. If neither of us reject each other the bond only grows stro...
276K 5.1K 51
Original and un-edited version of my first book "The Kings Luna" In all it's grammar errors and cheesy snd boring storyline . !!Disclaimer!! This bo...