CONNERS TREASURE

By ericawoham

(Book #2 in Manhattan series ) (You don't have to read the first book to understand this one) ''A gent... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two.
Chapter Three
Chapter four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Not an update
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Contest
Chapter Twenty
Guidelines For The Contest
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Massive Opportunity For Budding Wattpad Users
Chapter Thirty Four
I am so sorry.
Chapter Thirty Five
I'm back!

Chapter Thirty One

9.4K 435 34
By ericawoham

Sophia ran towards her room, the sounds of her bare feet echoing inside the large hallway. Few men guarding various doors and hallways gave her a confused look. But instead of looking at them she chose ignore them and kept on walking. Her body was on fire, her cheeks flushed and she was sure feeling something funny in her stomach. 
She slammed the large wooden door shut behind her as she ran over to her bed and jumped in, instantly the soft mattress engulfed her in what looked like a hug.

"What was that!" She whispered, her slender fingers lightly brushing against her lips. She didn't know Conner had feelings for her, hell he was always so cold she almost thought she was a robot. And that smirk on his face today, it seemed like he had so many things going through his mind.

Suddenly her phone started ringing, breaking the line of her thoughts. She looked at the caller ID, "Unknown caller?" She frowned at the sudden call, it could be someone from work or it could be Richard?  But that coward won't have the guts to call her again after Conner chucked him into the prison last time.

"Hello?" She instantly picked up the call before the call got disconnected.

"Sophia?" A deep husky voice replied from the end. It wasn't Richard, she was sure of it.

"Whose this?"

"My apologies, I'm Salvador Diaz, your ex client?" She gasped internally, he was the man she first met in the club and then at office. He had also accused Conner of somethings happening that sane night. Also he was with Richard that day in the office. But why was he calling her? That too at this hour?

"Hello, Sophia are you there?"

"Oh yes, I-I am?"

He let out a deep throaty chuckle, "I'm sorry for calling you so late, but there's something I want to ask you" Sophia looked at the watch on the wall, it was almost 3. Her suspicion rose to another level, though the Manhattan's hated him she did not find him to be a bad person. They have met on few occasions before, he was always polite, something Conner could never be.

Woah woah woah! Where did the comparison come from?

"Sophia?"

"Oh I'm sorry. Just thinking, isn't this a little too late?"

"Yes, it is. But something bothered me and I couldn't wait. It's about Richard Morin"

Sophia stiffened, "What do you mean?"

There was shuffling in the other side of the phone, ''You see I am buying some of his shares from Mr. Manhattan since he owns almost all of them and also from Mr. Morin himself. In total i will have 40% of shares of his company and further I will invest in the company too. But what I want to know is, is that man  really worth my investment?" He let out a sigh, "Since I'm new here I do not have many friends associates. More enemies because I took over many companies but no body is willing to go against Richard and also, if I wanted to ask Conner for help he doesn't pick up my call. This investment is huge and I can not risk it in the hands of some loser. So I jist wanted to know you opinion on this, you know since you work for his company and know how other companies are"

Sophia frowned, this did not look like a solid reason to her. All this looked like was a lame excuse, but then she knew what he was talking about. New companies are often tricked into working with old ones, and nobody tells them the truth. So all in all, it looked like he was asking for genuine help because if he wanted, he could've come up with a lie if he wanted to. He's a goddamn business tycoon for heaven's sake. He's a master of manipulation. She pondered on his question for a few seconds, before replying honestly, "I think since all three of you are working together, large investment shouldn't be a problem. I personally do not trust that man," She could suddenly feel the anger building up inside her, but she had to keep calm. "But since Mr. Manhattan is involved, there is nothing to be really concerned about. Mr. Manhattan has recently brought all of his shares you know, so he's basically the owners of Richard's company. So you don't have to worry, if not Richard,  Mr. Manhattan can be trusted."

A smile spread across her face, for the first time in life, she felt good praising Conner.

"That's terrific. Also, one more thing before you hang up on me" He laughed, making her blush. God, his laugh was so beauiful.

"Sure?"

"Will you go out for a cup of coffee with me this sunday?"

_________________________________________

The rest of the week passed rather quickly for Sophia. She had tons of files to complete and that sick good for nothing secretary of hers was just testing her.

Fuming, she picked up her receiver, "Hello?" She snapped. She was sitting in her office on a Saturday afternoon trying to finish as much as work she could do but Shery  just had to bring in the wrong file EVERY. TIME.

"What?" Shery  snapped. On the other hand, Sophia could clearly hear the moaning of not one but two people. What the hell does she think she is doing!

"In my office. NOW!"  she slammed the receiver on her table, god was she angry. This was the fifth day today that Shery  had brought in the wrong file and instead of apologizing she just whipped her hair and walked out of the cabin. On the other hand, she was always in the cabin of that financial guy, or he was in her cabin. They had no chill.

Suddenly the door slammed open and Sophia looked up from her laptop. "What. What do you want this time? My soul?" Shery screeched with her high pitched voice, clearly annoying the hell out of Sophia. She held up her hand and motioned for her to sit. Shery rolled her eyes but then, sat on the chair never the less.

"Do you know why have I called you here?" She started slowly, her anger was now touching peaks but she didn't want to let it all out in the old lady. Not yet.

"Like I said, you want my soul" Shery smirked in triumph. She just loved annoying Sophia.

"No, I want you to bring me the correct file. But now I understand,"

"Understand what?" She asked. Sophia was a woman who was is clearly like a sleeping volcano, she may look calm beautiful and shit but if she wants, she can destroy anything in her path.

"The reason of you not being able to bring in the correct file. It's because  your age is finally catching up to you" Sophia let out a fake sad smile,"You're going blind old lady. Oh sorry I mean you're eye sight is getting weak. How about you take the rest of the day off and go see a doctor? Or with that ugly amount of make up you use on your old face, a plastic surgeon will surely help."

"How dare you!"

"Calm down old lady, I don't want you dying of a heartattack in my office."

"You bitch-"

"I'm still your senior in this office, oh and also, before you fuck that financial guy in this office again, I have a little surprise for you" Sophia slowly turned her laptop around so it could face Shery.

What she saw the next moment, she almost died. Sophia had a video of Shery fucking that man in his office. The whole damn thing was captured. But how? How did this Sophia get such a video? And she clearly didn't see and cameras in the room, did she spy? Did she install a hidden camera? But what if the camera was already there and she failed to see it? What if Sophia revealed this to Conner? He will kick her out of the office and Salvador will have her head. Oh god this wasn't good, what the hell was she supposed to do now? The thought of going back to that prison made her sick to her stomach. No, she won't go back, not until she has her revenge from the Manhattans. She had to do something, act innocent and maybe apologise?  Yes, that was the only option.
"I'm sorry, t-this is I don't know, I-I.."

Sophia rolled her eyes at her acting. Sophia knew the whole nature of this old lady by now. She was trying to act her way out of the situation.  But Sophia didn't have time for it. "Look here old lady. Don't blabber and waste our time, go and fetch me the right  file. And I hope you won't make the same mistake again. Am I correct?"

Shery nodded her head vigorously,  "C-Correct"

Sophia motioned her to get up  and move out of the room. At once Shery got up and ran out of the room of shame. She had clearly underestimated this young girl, she may look beautiful but damn, she could get as ugly as possible.
________________________________________

Sophia stood in front of the mirror, for her having a cup of coffee with a business tycoon, she looked alright.

She knew if she dressed more than needed, Salvador would think that she was trying to get into his pants.

She still remember how he convinced her to go out.

"You mean a-a coffee date?" She let out a shaky breath. Was he asking her out?

"Oh no, not at all kitten" He chuckled. "We are not on that basis yet. I just want to complete out meeting which was often left incomplete. First at the bar, in your office, then outside your house after funeral oh and also in Paris. I would really like to get to know you, you seem like and honesty chill person and I don't really know many people here. Do you think you can help?" Sophia felt like a complete idiot. Why would she even think a hot guy  like him will ask her out? Stupid stupid woman.

But then it clicked. The night at the bar! She didn't know what happened that night, all she knew was she woke up in Conner's bed the next day and he told her a story which was entirely different from what Salvador told her in the office. She had to find out what happened.
And not to forget, Salvador did seem like a nice genuine guy, so she didn't mind being his friend.

"So what do you think?" He asked, his voice clearly sounded hopeful.

"Sure! I'd love that!"

_________________________________________

Sophia sighed, she didn't look that casual or that chilled, it was alright. She hoped Salvador didn't find her unprofessional.  But then again this wasn't a business meeting or a date, just two friends bonding over coffee.

A sudden knock on the door made her jump, she turned around and god did her heart drop into her stomach.

"Something wrong Ms. Dixon?" Conner stood there with a blank expression.  But this blank expression was different from the other one.

You see, after staying with him for so long, she was able to tell the difference between his blank faces. There was one when he tries to stay calm, one where he's trying to suppress his anger, one where he tries to suppress a smile on that angelic face of satan.

"No, nothing's wrong. Why do you ask?" She replied casually. 

She had decided not to tell Conner about the whole thing with Salvador because he will totally flip out. She knew all hell would break lose if Conner find out about it simple because for some weird reason, he hated Salvador.

"Okay" He replied but didn't move. He was looking at her with a strange expression which was new to her. She felt her body shiver under his gaze.

"You're all dolled up, may I know where are you headed to?"

He knows! He mind screamed at her. But she didn't believe it. There was no way in hell will he know about the phone call. She didn't even tell Christian. 

"Out for lunch with a friend." She answered casually,  not once leaving eye contact. This was the first rule of lying, never leave eye contact. "Why do you ask?"

She stilled as Conner started to walk towards her with long confident strides. Her mind started flashing her the scenes from last week, she instantly felt a deep red blush run up to her heated cheeks.
"Oh I see. Who is this friend of yours?"

He knows! Her mind screamed again but she just ignored the voice. It just gets her paranoid and nothing else.

"None of your business.  So lets just  stay in our limits now shall we? I have to go now goodbye."

She was quick to grab her purse and move towards the door, but she clearly heard his deep voice which made her body shiver.

"Yes. Let's all stay in our limits."

She dashed out of her room, not wanting to reply. Her mind kept on screaming at her to run back and tell him the truth, but she couldn't do that. She needed answers, what happened that night? 

____________________________________

Please if you view the chapter  click on this star below and vote!
Commmmmeeeenttt and share with your friends! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.9K 540 35
"I won't let him look at you, touch you, feel you. Because you're mine and I don't like others touching and stealing what's mine," he whispered in my...
547K 5.8K 9
Monster is just an understatement in describing him. He was born to claim the Mafia World and to start a new bloodline. He was the definition of Hear...
117K 3K 51
A simple mute girl who lives in a world of silence and serenity with her grandmother. A ruthless cruel mafia who lives in the world of women,drugs an...
707K 14.7K 63
[RE-EDITING] BOOK 1 IN THE INCONSTANT SERIES ♥︎ 𝐑𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐚 • The heart of the Guerreros, their princess of the Spanish Mafia, their only sister and k...