Dear Ex-Girlfriend (Lesbian...

By YurikoHime

The day before her wedding, Destiny Jones decided to write a letter to her ex. The one that got away. Would w... More

Foreword
Chapter 1. Letter
Chapter 2. Neighbor
Chapter 3. Best Friends
Chapter 4. The Morgan's
Chapter 5. Surprise
Chapter 6. Distance
Chapter 7. Gravity
Chapter 8. Absent
Announcement
Chapter 9. Barely There
Chapter 10. String
Chapter 11. Boomerang
Chapter 12. Outsider
Chapter 13. Validation
Chapter 14. Misfits
Chapter 15. Pop
Chapter 16. Nuances
Chapter 17. Arrangement
Chapter 18. Flavor
Chapter 19. Tug of War
Chapter 20. Affliction
Chapter 21. Point
Chapter 22. "I"
Chapter 23. Her
Chapter 24. Them
Chapter 25. You
Chapter 26. Oui
Chapter 27. Has
Mini-Game!
Chapter 28. First
Chapter 29. Pandora
Chapter 30. Shallow Waters
Chapter 31. Squall
Chapter 32. Overboard
Chapter 33. Lifeline
Chapter 34. Drowned
Chapter 35. Afloat
Chapter 36. Resurface
Chapter 37. New
Chapter 38. Old Habits
Chapter 40. Closure
New Book Alert

Chapter 39. Vindication

18.7K 975 583
By YurikoHime

Stop right here if you haven't read the previous chapter. Go back and don't ruin this for yourself.

Chapter39. Vindication

Sleeping with an ex was painful. Sleeping with Genesis? Make that a million times worse.

But I couldn't seem to stop. It felt like every aggression, hate, anger, frustration, was only being released through that. And by the time it was over, I fell into a deep sleep; the sort that only my favorite pillow could give.

Beep.

My eyes fluttered open.

Beep.

I reached for my watch.

It was on the third beeping that I realized I couldn't because my hands were clasped with someone else's. Someone that wasn't my girlfriend. Someone whose face was engraved in my mind.

Genesis stirred but didn't wake up. She snuggled to my chest, sighed in contentment, and continually mocked me even in her sleep.

Fuck!

I squeezed my eyes shut and opened them again, only to see her still bundled to me. Genesis Morgan. What am I going to do with you?

Beep. Beep.

She stirred.

Beep.

She leaned back and looked at me. Thanks to the watch, she was fully awake now. Her hair was tangled and messy.

As for me, I was only beginning to be aware of our state of nakedness- how her breasts were pressed against mine, how our legs were coiled together. How she was not the only one beginning to get aroused again.

Genesis stopped me when I tried to move away. "We need to talk about this."

"We have nothing to talk about." I refused. "I made a mistake."

But she held me firm to her. Made me stare at her different-colored eyes. Made me fall like the wicked witch she was.

I looked away.

"You still love me," she insisted. "I felt it last night. I can feel it right now. Destiny, let's start over."

My hands trembled. I didn't love her— it was lust. A whole freaking lot of it. I should have given myself to Woody when I had the chance. And right after this, I would beg for her forgiveness and punish myself.

"Destiny," Gene repeated. "I've waited for years. Don't leave me again."

My eyes snapped at her. "Whose fault was that, Gene? Answer me."

But she didn't. Her lips trembled, yet she remained silent.

"I see where this is going."

I shook her off harder, more persistent this time, until her sweaty palms slipped from mine and I was rolling to the other side of the blanket.

The sunlight was touching my back, and my whole self was displayed for her to see. But we had nothing to hide now. The cat was out of the bag.

"You're trying to seduce me to help Lyndon, aren't you?!"

"What?" Genesis paled. "My father has nothing to do with this."

"He has everything to do with it." I waited for her to sit up, collect herself, so I could fully pound into her head what happened to me. "Weren't you listening to me last night? Your father ruined my life, Gene. He threatened me through my family and friends, and when I didn't realize that, he had Dindo kidnap and traumatize me!"

Her lips trembled. "I. . . I know."

My heartbeat stopped.

For a minute or two, all I could do was stare at her face.

"You knew?" My nails dug on the dirt. "You knew, and yet you didn't come with me? How could you?!"

Genesis reached for me. But I was already standing, sunlight burning my face, the truth slapping me left and right.

"I wanted to protect you," she reasoned. "He would have destroyed you, killed you. I had to stay here and guard him. But I was just a kid!"

"I was just a kid too!" I shouted. "And I would have gladly died to have a chance to live with you. But you and your father ruined everything for us!"

"I'm sorry!" Genesis brushed her streaming tears angrily. "If I could turn back the time, I would have done it the moment you left. But I was young and stupid, powerless like you. Give us a chance!"

"No!" I shook my head. I've given her so many chances but not with this. We were too far gone.

Going to the rocks where I threw my clothes last night, I began to collect my outfit one by one. "Your father's threats started with my friend's business," I said. "So that's where I'm starting with you too."

Genesis seemed to choke on her own breaths as I wore my pants quickly.

I glared at her. "Your mother's business? The one with the water tanks? I'll make sure it closes and drags your whole venture with it." I wore my shirt next, my fingers trembling with every button. "Next is your sister," I said. "I'll get her thrown to jail. She belongs there. You know she does."

Gene was ashen and shaking, but I wasn't through yet. "Somewhere out there are evidences that will incriminate Lyndon Morgan for every crime he did. I will find that, uncover the truth, and when I do, nothing will be left of him."

Wearing all my clothes, I finally went to Genesis, took her chin on my fingers, and leaned forward, stopping a breath from her lips.

"You must be wondering what I plan to do with you," I murmured. "After all is said and done, I'll leave you alone to rot on your own. That's what you did to me. That's what I'm going to do to you." I stepped back and smiled. "Goodbye, Gene. Try to stop me if you can."

The walk from the ruins to my house was almost impossible. Numbing. Everywhere I looked, memories of Genesis would spring in my head— like the tree where she suddenly leaped out to surprise me in 5th grade. There was also Bertha's where we used to eat together with the twins. My bedroom window where we exchanged gifts through the pulley. My skin which she'd set on fire last night.

I covered my ears. Stop thinking of it, Des! Just stop!

I took a shaky breath and continued walking down the street. Genesis' scent still clung to my blazer. My neck. My very soul. And I had to find a way to get rid of it before I met with Woody.

Woody.

Would she ever forgive me? What would I say?

The RV and the surrounding camps were deserted when I came back. Woody wasn't there too, so I took the liberty to remove my clothes, dump them in the basket, and step into the hot shower.

"Destiny. . ."

I quickly glanced behind me. But the door was still closed. No one had entered the RV either.

"Destiny Jones, I love you."

My arms fell to my side. Stop it! Stop it, Des! Those were just memories. And memories were a rewind. I had to go forward. Forward meant getting justice.

I hurried with the shower, slipping and dropping the soap one too many times, before getting out and drying myself.

Look around you, Destiny. You've worked hard for this. Don't screw it up for a change of heart.

My lips widened into a smile. That's it! Maybe talking to Mr. Danes would make me feel better. It always did.

I rushed and got dressed, then grabbed my phone and left the RV. Mr. Danes would know what to do. I wasn't planning on telling him about Lyndon Morgan until I've garnered enough evidence, but maybe if I talked to him about everything, told him about my real past, he'd calm me down enough to make this nausea building on my throat disappear.

I was about to call Mr. Danes' when my phone vibrated, causing me to drop it on the grass. "Jesus!" I said, before snatching it back up and staring at the cracked screen. There goes that thousand-dollar phone. I pushed the answer button.

"Hello?"

"Hey, baby. Where did you run off last night?"

My heart leaped to my throat. "W-Woody?! H-hey, babe. I slept over at the twins."

Loud music began to play on the background, so I didn't hear her reply.

"Sorry," I said. "What?"

"Just a second. Can someone turn down that radio?" Woody's voice was muffled. "Thank you!" A garbled noise. "Des, you still there?"

"Yup, still here." I switched the phone to my other hand. It was both a relief and daunting to hear her voice. Like watching my favorite horror movie. I knew it was going to be good but scary nonetheless. "We. . . We should talk," I said. "It's important. When are you coming home?"

"I am home," she said.

"Huh?"

Woody chuckled, a deep vibrating sound that bubbled to the surface. That was one of the qualities I liked with her— she was always genuine. She never lied to me. But I have never been truthful to her. It was time to change that.

"I'm actually at your house right now," Woody explained. "The Potatoes works for your dad, remember?"

"Uhh, yeah."

"Mmm. Why don't you come here too, Des, and we'll have a talk right in your bedroom. Is that good?"

I glanced at my watch. It was still too early, so I might as well eat, buy flowers, and fix myself before I meet with her. Woody deserved as much. "I'll see you at four," I said.

"See you at four," she confirmed. "And babe?"

"Yeah?"

"I love you," she whispered.

My stomach clenched. "I. . . I love you too, Woody. Bye."

"Bye."

It took me a while to collect myself after the call. I felt like throwing up. All around me, reminders of Genesis would pop up here and there, like flashes of a movie I didn't want to recall. It was just too much.

At exactly 3:59 pm, I stood outside my own house, straightened my white blazer, and clutched the bouquet of flowers before knocking on the door. The irony of it all.

"Des?" I was surprised to see that Top was the one who opened the door. An older, freckled-splashed face, nice smile, Top. But Top nonetheless. She grabbed my arm before hugging me to her. "Oh my gosh! It's been such a long time!" she squealed.

"Yeah, long time." I stepped away and gave her a polite smile. Except for her face, almost nothing had changed about her. "Is my dad and Woody inside?"

"Woops." She face-palmed herself. "Don't make me invite you in. This is your house."

Top gave me space, so I could walk through and stare around the living room. I've been visiting dad for the last few days, but it still gave me a kick whenever I stared at the aging furniture's, and the place I used to call my home.

I swiveled to Top. "I'll check in my room," I said. "Woody told me to talk there."

She gave me a shrug before closing the door. And I headed to the stairs taking two steps at a time.

Inside my room, everything was where it should be; the posters, the old pens, even the books I used to ditch. My eyes glided to the empty space on the top of the drawer, but before I could mourn my loss, someone knocked on the door.

"Come in," I called.

I turned around. The door had opened but no one had come in.

"Woody?" I frowned. Was she playing a prank on me? "This isn't really a good time to do this," I said, before placing the flowers on the bed and going to the door. Her scent lingered on the hallway. I followed it to the stairs, then began to make my descent.

Something cracked over my head.

"Surprise!" everyone yelled, as the confetti showered over me, and the faces of everyone I've known and worked with smiled and cheered while clapping for me downstairs. Woody, dad, and Mr. Danes' included. Even the twins were there, crammed along the dozens of people in my small living room.

What the hell?!

All of them quieted down as Woody walked to the stairs to meet me. Every eye was on us.

"Destiny Jones," she said, smile so bright the clouds couldn't compare. "The first time you stumbled in the woodshop, I thought you were the prettiest girl I've ever seen."

My brows knitted at her. I could hardly take in what she was saying.

"We got talking then," Woody continued, "about everything under the sun. And the smallest things you said captured me, made me fall for you, but you were with someone else back then."

"W-Woody. . ."

She shook her head. "I want to talk about it, Des. Because that's what sealed the deal. Seeing you with Genesis, knowing how much you loved her even when she made you cry repeatedly. I wanted. . ." She took a deep breath and shook her head again. "I wanted to be loved that way. To experience what it was like to be valued by Destiny Jones. You're mine now, Des. And I intend to keep it that way forever."

The door creaked open just when Woody was kneeling on a step. And Genesis, wide-eyed and pained, looked me in the eye just as Woody brought out the ring.

"Will you marry me?" Woody said.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.7K 411 26
As each day pasts, Adian finds herself thinking about what had happened in the past. Will things from the past change Kayle and Adians relationship o...
5.2K 155 15
Gabrielle wants a non complicated life. That's all she wants now that she's come back. Courfeyrac ensures a safe, calmer life and that's what she lov...
936K 26.6K 35
Two girls living ordinary lives, became friends and started falling for each other. But with challenges coming their way, will they risk taking a cha...
341 39 16
Elsie was getting married to the one she didn't love, and that made her very unhappy. While she prepared for her wedding, Andrew (the one she loves)...