Teen Spirit.

By wulfhall

I'll never have the kind of goodness you have living inside you. Twilight Saga Au / Jacob Black. More

𝑻𝑬𝑬𝑡 𝑺𝑷𝑰𝑹𝑰𝑻.
⇨PART ONE: people are strange !
γ€Ž one: PRETTY ENOUGH. 』
γ€Ž two: BELLFLOWERS 』
γ€Ž three: JUNE WAS ... 』
γ€Ž four: A SISTER'S PICKLE. 』
γ€Ž five: SUGAR, SPICE, & EVERYTHING NICE. 』
γ€Ž six: F*CK YOU UNIVERSE 』
γ€Ž seven: THE ONE WHERE JUNE GETS HER DOG BACK. 』
γ€Ž eight: MODERN VAN GOGH. 』
γ€Ž nine: RATS AND SUPER RATS. 』
γ€Ž ten: THE GOSPEL TRUTH ! 』
γ€Ž eleven: ORIGIN OF FLOWER CHILD. 』
γ€Ž twelve: PURPLE AND PAINFUL. 』
γ€Ž thirteen: "HEY BATTER-BATTER, SWING!" 』
γ€Ž fourteen: CHANGELING. 』
γ€Ž fifteen, end of pt i : NIGHTS IN WHITE SATIN. 』
⇨PART TWO: house of the rising moon !
γ€Ž sixteen: DEAD GIRL WALKING. 』
γ€Ž seventeen: SOMEONE'S FALL. 』
γ€Ž nineteen: TEN TIMES TERRIBLE. 』
γ€Ž twenty: THE HAPPINESS OF JUNE SWAN. 』
γ€Ž twenty one: A GHOST SPEAKS ! 』
γ€Ž twenty two: HOWEVER LONG FOREVER IS ... 』
γ€Ž twenty three: AREN'T YOU USED TO THIS? 』
γ€Ž twenty four: I MISS HIM MORE THAN SUMMER. 』
γ€Ž twenty five: SOUNDS LIKE THE MOON! 』
γ€Ž twenty six: HOSTESS WITH THE MOSTEST. 』
γ€Ž twenty seven: PRECIOUS, ALMIGHTY BLOOD. 』
γ€Ž twenty eight: KEEPING UP WITH THE QUILEUTES, ep 1 』
γ€Ž twenty nine: HIS FOR NOW, NOT HIS FOREVER. 』
γ€Ž thirty: THE THIRD GIRL. 』
γ€Ž thirty one: WAITRESS/MENDER/DYING GIRL. 』
γ€Ž thirty two: OPERATION WOLF PRINCESS. 』
γ€Ž thirty three: NOT ALL STARS SHINE. 』
γ€Ž thirty four: CLEARWATER. 』
γ€Ž thirty five, end of pt ii: SURVIVOR'S GUILT. 』
⇨PART THREE: lady lazarus !
γ€Ž thirty six: WILTED WOMAN. 』
γ€Ž thirty seven: THE SWAN HOUSEHOLD 』
γ€Ž thirty eight: GEMINI SEASON. 』
γ€Ž thirty nine: MADE OF STONE/LAURELS 』
γ€Ž forty : TO PAINT THE PAIN AWAY. 』
γ€Ž forty-one : DON'T TAKE WHAT ISN'T YOURS 』
γ€Ž forty-two : BLUE IS THE COLOR OF HER. 』
γ€Ž forty-three : ONE LAST HORRAH ! 』
γ€Ž forty-four : WHITE FLAG. 』
γ€Ž forty-five: KEEPING UP WITH THE QUILEUTES EP 2. 』
γ€Ž forty-six : IDES OF MARCH. 』
γ€Ž forty-seven : C(OLD) ONES. 』
γ€Ž forty-eight : BRING HOME the RAREST FLOWER. 』
🌻epilogue pt ii: AFTER THE FLOWER WILTS.🌻
🌺( alternate ending : THE FLOWER BLOOMS ) 🌺
ΰΌΊβ˜†ΰΌ» Please Read ΰΌΊβ˜†ΰΌ»

γ€Ž eighteen: CARBON COPY. 』

12.7K 672 223
By wulfhall

chapter xviii: CARBON COPY. 』

IN HER DREAMS, YES, HER DREAMS, BECAUSE for once she isn't having nightmares, she dreams about a boy. A child more like it, he's the most clear when he's a child. He gets older in the visions of her dreams and there's other children with him some younger, variations of gender, but none stood out more than the tall, russet-skinned boy with dark hair hanging in a thick braid down his back and bright cerulean irises that shined in the moonlight where he stood by the cliffs. They were impossible not to get fascinated by. She'd seen them looking in a mirror everyday. The other children laugh around him as he chases them, their laughter is infectious and it makes someone's heart swell. But the boy seemed to know she was there in her dream and he stared at her and smiled, the smile was so familiar and it caused her heart to clench. He opened his mouth to speak but the words were muffled, like she was underwater and she couldn't hear. She tried to read his lips to no avail. Then darkness fell over the forest in which they were and June looked up to see a new moon in the sky — when she turned back, the boy was gone as were the other children. June woke up the next morning calm and without anxiety but she wondered who the boy was, why his eyes looked so much like hers, but then she came to a conclusion that it must be the growing child that was in her mothers stomach, waiting to be born. A boy. Just like Billy had hoped and just like, deep down, June knew Charlie wished he had.  

                 Daphne was sitting on the couch with a cup of tea resting on her swelled stomach and eating graham crackers when June made her way downstairs. "Someone's in a good mood." Her mom chimes.

June sinks in the spot next to her, kicking up her favorite red boots on the coffee table, "I slept good. No nightmares, can you believe!?" June was grinning so broadly, her cheeks were hurting.

Daphne smiles, reaching to cup her cheek. "That's good, sweetheart." She seems genuinely pleased to hear that and grabs her arm softly before getting a smirk on her lips. "It's seems that visit to the Rez, or to Jacob should I say, really helped."

"Mom," June rolls her eyes but laughs nevertheless. "You're worse than dad and Bella, that's saying something. But no, it was good to see him — I mean, I did miss him a bunch."

Daphne is as pleased looking as Charlie was the other day when she pats her hair softly and grins, "I'm sure you did," She tells her, the hisses when she feels a kick to her stomach, sitting up abruptly. "I'm telling you, soccer player."

June's eyes sparkled, grinning as she said, "My baby bro's gonna be the next Beckham, let's face it, we've got good enough genes. Look at me." She bragged.

At her words, Daphne's eyes widened and she let a soft gasp as she spoke, "It's a boy? Are you sure? I mean, Iris said the same but I didn't think—"

"It's what I saw in my dreams," June tells her.

Daphne frowns, "I thought you said no nightmares?"

"I did," June confirms. "This was a dream. It had to be about bambino in there, he had our eyes and there was other kids around him but he stood out the most."

"He has our eyes ..." Daphne trailed off wistfully, rubbing her hand over her stomach as she smiled up at June. "I guess we're gonna have to buy everything blue for the baby shower next week."

June didn't think so, she thought it was wrong to limit a child to a single color that was stereotypically a boy color. If June lived long enough, she'd wish to have sons wearing any color they wanted. Alas, June was gonna die an eternal teen and never have to deal with any snot nosed kids or worrying everyday that something bad might happen. She knew, if she did survive, karma would come back at her with a vengeance and give her a kid to worry over just the way she always made her mom worry over her. But June's kinda in a amiable mood and so she doesn't have the heart at the moment, surprisingly, to give her mother a speech about how gender neutral colors are more her kinda thing.

            June gets a thought then. It really has nothing to do with colors or babies but it had to do with her; specifically, her face. Or Melanie Capote's face really. It was frustrating for June to even think about, she got more creeped out than anything. To know that this face walked these grounds long before she was ever a thought in the world.

So June sighs when she says, "Oh, I'm gonna go visit grandma, by the way. Just a heads up." She winced when she spoke.

Daphne glanced at her warily, "Why?"

"Cause I need to go deliver cookies to her, mom." June deadpans but then shakes her head. "No, I just need to talk to her about something that's been on my mind, nothing to worry about."

Daphne seems unconvinced but she nods nevertheless, frowning at June's ability to be an open book all while have some missing pages. Her mother kisses her cheek and pats her back as June stands, nodding to her mother one last time before calling up to Bella who was doing homework with Angela in her room that she'd be back later. June grabbed her moms car keys and shrugged on her jacket as she opened the door to go out. She heard her mothers voice call out, a smile in her words, as June was leaving:

             "You know, if you wanted to go see Jacob, you should've just said so!"

June shuts the door with a burning face behind her.

•—•—•—•

THE MUDDY GROUND OF THE RESERVATION IS familiar to June but not so much while she's driving, because, well, she's fairly knew on this whole driving thing but who cares she managed to get her moms Nissan into the Rez with minimal to no damage or getting stuck so she thought it was a win. Upon getting out of the car, however, she saw her moms car was muddied beyond belief. June winced but promptly got over it, she'd probably take it to wash or something or make Bella wash it, who knows? June turns and for some reason, she stares at the house of her grandmother longer than she should. The cottage type house is grand in it's homeliness and warmth, it raised a pig-tailed little girl and a lanky boy, both cousins, who barely even talk to each other anymore. June remembers always wanting to come to her grandma Iris's house — pre-prophecy and all, before the walls that were dark maroon reminded her of the heart she'd hold in her hands when she would die and the crystal chandelier didn't remind her of the diamond scattering the ground in her grandmothers vision of her death.

But June sucks it up, the feeling of uneasiness, the feeling that she was going to regret coming. She didn't see Sam's truck but she saw outside her aunt Allison house — just about ten yards away — a small blue car parked, one she doesn't ever remember seeing. But a girl, tall and copper skinned comes from the front door with a flower pot in hand and her aunt Allison right behind her. It takes June only a moment to realize she's looking at Emily Young, her cousins new fiancée if the news Leah told her the other day was the absolute truth.

June walks into her grandmothers home without looking that way again, she doesn't want to get caught being forced to talk to the girl. "NONA!" She calls once she enters.

After a few moments, Iris comes down the stairs and stops on the steps as she sees June. She's wearing a yellow dress that look like something she might wear with her silvery hair being plaited as she walked down, "Juniper!" She exclaims in surprise, but also in worry. "Oh, I didn't know you'd be coming to today — anything the matter?"

The picture in June's back pocket is burning a hole in her pants, but she won't upset her grandmother too quickly. "No, I just wanted to let you know that the baby shower for moms gonna be next week."

Iris looks delighted, "I'm invited?"

"Yes, Nona," June says as she sits at the kitchen table. "Of course you are. Everyone's gonna be there, my friends and Bella and my dad ..."

"Are the Cullen's going to be there?" Iris asks, her inquiring voice startling her granddaughter.

June blinks a bit, "No," She said immediately. "They've all gone away, it's been months."

Iris nods, humming to herself as if she knew which June was pretty sure that she did. The whole tribe burned fires the night the Cullen's left, "Yes, I know. I thought they would've come back though."

"They're not coming back." June says what she's told Bella hundreds of times.

"No?" Iris asks. "I thought they might've ..."

"Because?"

Iris shakes her head, touching the table that is covered in some store-bought cloth with brown leaves over it. "Ever since you befriended them, I thought you meant a great deal to them."

"They were my friends," June says. "Edward loved my sister but that's it, I wasn't too close with them anyway."

"You killed a Cold One for them."

"For Bella, for myself — I didn't want him to kill me."

"I see."

"Do you?" June can't help the anger that rises in her.

Iris looks at her with her extreme blue eyes, there was a saying that the Uley women of the Rez only had bluer irises with time and her grandmother was no exception, "Is there something you want to ask me, child?"

June felt the picture in her pocket burn more. "I do."

"I thought so," Iris crosses her hands over.

"It's about what you told me, that day in the hospital."

Iris eyed her, "Well? Ask."

June wastes no time as she slowly goes to the back pocket and takes out the picture of the dead girl she had carrying around with in fear of her mom or dad finding it. Or even worse, Bella. She didn't know what her sister would think if she knew that her own little sister carried the exact same face as the girl whom Edward was going to start a war with a Quileute tribe for. June knew she might not take it too well, so Bella knowing would have to wait. For now. Right now, she slid the photo to her grandmother. Iris hesitantly looked at it before she picked it up, June watching her face the entire time. Iris's expression turned from calm to stiff, she examined the picture probably many times in her head but stared at it for no more than a few seconds before she spoke.

"Where did you get this?" Iris asked evenly.

June didn't falter, "Edward Cullen. He gave it to me before he left." She spoke lowly, as if someone would hear.

Iris held the picture still, "Melanie Capote ..." She murmurs lowly before she goes over to the shelves near the hallway and pulls out a leather back book. Her blue eyes scan page after page but she stops on a particular one. "I never knew why we changed from Blackthorn to Capote. My mother always told us, my siblings and I rest their souls, that her sister wasn't to be spoken of ..."

      June got up to check the leather book and noticed the family tree name had been burned from what was so obviously CAPOTE to the barely there BLACKTHORN; it showed the name Melanie with a cross underneath it and the lime golden line ended on her name but right next to it was Susanna—

"Susanna?" June echoes.

"My mother," Iris answers, pointing to the tree again.

Right next to the name of Acacia was the name Weston Blackthorn and subsequently underneath with a golden vine connected to both names was Iris Blackthorn who was connected to Gregory Uley which were followed by the name of Joshua Uley which had a golden vine connected to Allison Hartlock and underneath both of them was Samuel Uley. Also underneath Iris and Gregory was their only daughter, Daphne Uley whom was connected with Charles Swan who was the reason for the last golden vine that had in very new and bold black letters— Juniper Swan.

"So that's it," June breathed out, meeting her grandmothers eyes. "Melanie was your aunt?"

Iris looked at her somberly, sighing as she sat down. "She was. But she perished long before I ever took my first breath. My mother was only a child when she died, maybe twelve to Melanie's eternal sixteen." Iris explained. "But the rage for whatever the girl did was too raw and real that they ... when I was a child and I found this book and asked my mother who Melanie was, I'd never seen her so angry. She told me to never say the name again."

June looked back at the photo of Melanie again; she was smiling, standing near a tree and the sun hit her at perfect angle. She was beautiful; June knew they looked similar but she knew she'd also never acquire the beauty that Melanie Capote had.

"And so I never did," Iris says as if she's faraway. "I never asked about my aunt and never asked what she did that was so terrible to have her whole family disown her after her own death but now ... you say the vampire gave you this?"

June nods, she can't speak.

Iris seems to understand then, "Then it's clear."

"What?" June can't help the iciness in her voice. "They disowned her because she fell in love with a vampire?"

"I don't know," Iris shakes her head. "But maybe ..."

"Edward told me that she was supposed to marry Ephraim Black before she ..." June trails off. "He told me she didn't want to marry him."

Iris takes her words in, eyeing her thoughtfully, "She didn't do her duty." She says as if she understands then. "I understand the disowning ... choosing a vampire over the protector of the tribe."

"She loved him." June can't help but say, she just wants her grandmother to feel as outraged as she was then. "Melanie loved Edward. And he loved her. And she killed herself because our family wouldn't let her, they threatened war on the Cullen's if she wasn't brought back human to marry Ephraim."

"You must understand, Juniper," Iris shakes her head as she looks at her. "Marriage was sacred back then, it secured family names and status and the pride of the tribe. Melanie went against that, being so unnatural as to consort herself with that creature."

June faltered a bit. She never knew the hate ran this deep. So deep that it'd be enough to disown a daughter, forget a sister, and bury her as if she was no more than a stranger. Melanie Capote, her great-aunt, was disowned and forced into a marriage she didn't want. She was written out of history had had her descendants never utter her name. June wondered if she'd be like that — disowned and buried as if no one knew who she was. She meant to die a legend, in her brain she wanted to leave something of herself behind that would live forever when her body gave away. Her name. But they took it from Melanie the second life left her eyes and was it so far fetched to believe that her own family wouldn't? Charlie wouldn't forget her, she knew. But would he want to be reminded of the pain? She didn't think so. Maybe burying her and everything about her was the only way the pain would stop. June could understand then.

"Will you bury me as a stranger, too, Nona?" June can't help but ask, feeling her palms warm up.

Iris snapped her eyes to her, softening. "Juniper—"

"Mom was right, she's always right," June mumbles.

"About?"

"Coming to see you."

Iris hardened. "Then why do you?"

June doesn't have a clue, "I don't know."

"You do know," Iris insists. "But that's your flaw, Juniper. You wish to know and once you do, you hide away and blame those you aren't in your favor — just as I haven't been since I gave you your fate, a fate I only saw, mind you! Not one I made for you! You think I want to see my granddaughter perish before me? To see my daughter grieve and mourn her firstborn and deal with the people weeping over your grave, Juniper, did you think?!"

June never thought. She only thought her grandmother was hardened to things like that by now. "No." She shook her head. "But like you always say — we can't control what is."

"Then must you desperately grasp onto what you can't handle, Juniper?" Iris asks. She picks up the photo. "I know not what the Spirits had in mind by making you a carbon copy of a girl who disgraced our blood — but could you handle the fact, if your sister knew, if Bella knew that you wear the face of a girl who had the sinful heart of her Cold One?"

A carbon copy of a girl who disgraced our blood ... the words ring and ring and ring in June's mind. Over and over like a song on repeat. Is that what Sam thinks of her? And the Elders, they must know all about the Cold One's too. And Bella ... Iris knew more than anyone how much Bella meant to June and threw the fact of Melanie and Edward in her face. That was Iris's flaw; she always wanted to make someone react. June shakes the feeling off and stands up, getting the d picture and shutting it inside the book. Iris lets her. June says nothing as she turns her back around and walks to the door, feeling hot tears steam down her face. She should've never come. Her grandmother knew her best, June hated to hear what she was, what she made everything out to be. She curses the Spirits the whole time she drives home, for the power and for the imposture face she was born with. June cries so much that she has to pull alongside the rode, her cries blaring out in the hollowness of the truck.

•—•—•—•

LIKE MOST UNFORTUNATE CIRCUMSTANCES, June hopes to forget, even if it was just for a evening, all about supernatural occurrences and the missing hikers and the fact she was some sort of doppelgänger for Edward's long lost love. June wanted to be sixteen, she wanted to love and live and for once not dwell on dying and how she was somewhat a disgrace to her Quileute side and all. That was her greatest achievement though. And if she thought about it too long, family-disappointment-June-Swan sounded nice. But it gave her that recklessness that made her punch in Jacob's number and call him to ask if he wanted to go down to La Push with her and Leah and Seth Clearwater and Star Connolly. Maybe Leah would bring her cousin Lyanna, too. She sighed heavily as she remembered the Makah girl was going through a tough time figuring out why Embry Call suddenly dropped everybody for Sam and his brotherhood of the traveling jorts, as Leah loved to call them. June would have to set up some impromptu girls night of some sort.

       Going down to La Push, Jacob picking her up in his dads truck, had June smiling like some love sick dork. June sees Jacob wave to her dad who's waiting by the door with Harry Clearwater as they whisper together like a duo of housewives and smile widely as June leaves — they're watching a game together. She hopes her face isn't red, because wow, she's never been embarrassed or ever felt embarrassed when it comes to guys. Jacob's wearing a tank and some board shorts and sneakers as he unlocks the passenger side door, similar to the high waisted eighties shorts that her mom lent her and a one piece underneath that counts as her shirt.

"Hey." June chimes as she gets in.

"Hey to you." Jacob smiles back, looking equally elated as she feels. "So, finally got tired of the pale-faces?"

June hums, "Occasionally." She retorts.

Jacob nods and puts the truck in drive, "How's your sister? Didn't see her truck."

June can't help but sigh in content at the progress her sister has been having. Despite still wanting the bikes fixed, Bella was okay looking nowadays, "Better. Way. She's with my mom in Port Angles, my dad told her to keep my mom distracted for the day while Harry and your dad and he go see some rings."

Jacob glances her to with wide eyes, "What, really?"

June feels her heart swell. Her parents were more married than most married couples, with a kid already and one on the way, they had known each other for long anyway. Her mom had used to be so vagabond, and always had a boyfriend, Charlie thought he never had a chance until she came back this last time. Plus, she had took off before they could ever properly marry, due to the stress of hearing their only child was gonna die. Still, Charlie came to Bella and June the other day and told them that he planned to propose to Daphne at the baby shower next week.

"I know!" June gushed, clasping her hands together in delight as he drove. "It's like, everything's falling into place."

Jacob glances at her, his eyes soft. "I'm happy for you, ocean eyes."

"Thanks, handsome," June smiles to him, feeling a genuine burst in her heart. "Oh, all late but, you weren't busy or anything? I know I called super random and obnoxiously—"

"I wasn't busy," Jacob said quickly, clearing his throat at his rapid response. "I mean, no, Quil was busy with babysitting his cousins and stuff. You're good."

"Oh, okay then." June beamed and then kept looking straight ahead of the road when she got a thought. "How's life at the Rez, by the way? Any drama?"

"Nope," Jacob replied with a sigh but then his face scrunched up as if he wanted to say something but ultimately decided against it. "Maybe something that counts as drama, it's pretty old but, Tiffany Call and Allison Uley got into it the other day."

June's eyes widened as she turned to Jacob. She knew all about the feud Allison had with Tiffany Call — June's uncle Joshua had drunkenly gotten Makah tribe girl Tiffany pregnant and when said girl moved down to the Quileute Rez, it raised some eyebrows especially when Joshua started going over to Tiffany's home and paying for her doctor expenses and whatnot until he ultimately became the deadbeat to Embry that he had been to Sam for a lot longer.

"What now?" June asks.

"Just how Tiffany took notice that Embry's been hanging out with Sam and Jared and Paul a lot," Jacob seemed to grit his teeth as he said the names. "Tiffany wondered where Embry's been spending all his time and when Allison went to the souvenir shop, she asked her about it; guess Sam's mom took it as if Tiffany was blaming Sam for initiating Embry in what ever little gang they have. It got out of control, apparently both Sue Clearwater and Quil's mom had to step in."

June pondered that. "Sam's not a bad guy," She can't help but try and defend her cousin who she hadn't seen in a while and was beginning to miss. "I mean, he acts like some big tough guy that everyone looks to — he's more than what the Elders raise him to be."

"He keeps giving me this look," Jacob says, much to her surprise.

June furrows her brows, "A look?" She echoes and he nods, stiffly. "What kind of look?"

"Like he's waiting for me," Jacob doesn't look like he wants to say anything else. "It's stupid, I know—"

"It's not stupid," June says with a shake of her head. "If something bugging you, I'm all ears. You're always such a good listener to my dilemmas."

Jacob glances at her as they pull into the parking near La Push. He doesn't say a word until he parks. He turns off the ignition and turns to her, "I didn't want to worry you, he's your cousin and I know he isn't bad ... he just pays attention to me more than any of the other guys around here. He did the same to Embry before he started following Sam around like a little puppy." He says somberly, looking off to the beach ahead of them. "Embry was scared, June. He always said how he would never want to be with them. I guess what I'm saying is that I don't want to be next."

June felt guilty, not because it was her fault, but because here she was with her inner monologue portraying herself as some epic hero and thinking nobody else had problems like her. But someone did; not just anyone, Jacob. "Jake, I'm sorry," She says and scoot over, canceling the distance between them. "I didn't know it was that bad. Sam's not bad but he's not the same Sam I remember; the one who loved Leah and hanging out with me. It's easier said than done, puppy, but you should just steer clear from them."

Jacob looks at her through his thick lashes when he says, almost sadly, "I'm trying."

June gives him a nod with a weak tug of her lips before she leans her head on his shoulder. "I'm always gonna be here, though." Lie lie lie, you'll leave him just like Embry— "And Quil, too. Forget Embry, if he wants to join the jorts club instead of our crew, let him; his loss." She grins, winking at him before they both get out of the truck. "Besides, I think I'm much better company anyway."

Jacob reaches over to place his sunglasses over her eyes and smiles, "I'll always prefer your company, ocean eyes."

"Oh, I'm swooning," June giggles then she tugs him towards the water.

She forgets how easy it is with Jacob. For once, the water is calm and normal. It's not its usual unforgiving tides and waves; it enables Jacob and June to go into the sea and swim and laugh. He finds seashells for her and comments how they're pretty, but not as pretty as her. It'll make her blush and want to kiss him and so she'll splash water in his face and then squeal as his large arms bring her into his hold.

"Ready?" He asks, standing a good distance away from her, his shirt off and his whole body soaked from the water. He has his hands out in front of him.

She wants to say, um no you're too hot, it's distracting bye but she only winced, "Jacobbbb, I'm scared!" She whines.

He laughs at her, "It was your idea!"

"And it's amazing!" June retorts. "This scene from Dirty Dancing — which upsets me that you haven't seen, we're having a movie night by the way — is iconic and I've always wanted to do recreate it."

Jacob nods, hearing the speech that convinced him to do this in the first place. "Yes, ocean eyes, you've told me. Which is why I said don't worry, I'll catch you, because I will."

June bites her lip before she thinks, okay fuck it he looks jacked anyway he'll catch you— "Ready!" She squeals out before she gets a jumping start. She waits for impact in thon  water or something but surprisingly, she doesn't feel it. She opens one eye to see Jacob smiling up at her with amused eyes. "AHH! WE DID IT! IM BABY! JAKE, YOU DID IT!"

Jacob bring her down, still holding her, "Told you."

His face is inches from hers, his eyes are so brown and she can see specks of gold from where she's at, "Your eyes are beautiful." She blurts out before she can stop.

Jacob brows but smiles, she can feel the warmth of his hand on her waist. "Have you seen yours?"

"Yeah," She nods. "They're nothing compared to yours."

"WOO! GET IT!" They hear a voice call out before Jacob can respond. "That's my girl!"

      June turns to see the one and only Star Connolly waving her beach towel up with heart-shaped sunglasses resting on her eyes. Star whoops and laughs and June rolls her eyes at her friend when she sees another vechile pull up that looks like Leah's. June and Jacob reluctantly pull away as they walk closer to shore. Star's waggling her brows when Jacob's not looking and dodges the hit that June tries to give her, laughing away. June smiles widely as she sees Lyanna Young with Seth and Leah. They were all unloading their belongings and June didn't catch the longing way Jacob stared at her as Seth bounded to him and chatted away with idolizing eyes. Leah greeted June quickly with a small hug, Star as well before she raced Seth and Jacob into the water.

"Glad you're here," June says to Lyanna.

"Thanks," Star chimes as if she was spoken to, popping open a cold soda. "I didn't know if I was gonna come, you know I hate sand in my asscheeks, but Leah bribed me with food—"

"I'm glad to see you, too, princess but not you," June laughs and then looks to Lyanna. "How are you?"

The Makah girl smiles widely, "Good as can be."

June looks sympathetic, as if she knows that something with Embry Call is affecting the pretty girl too. "I've decided on a girls night." She announces as she sits down in front of Star. "All of us, Leah and me and you and this scream queen."

Star grinned at her nickname, "Did Leah tell you I caused screams the other day? Jared Cameron got in the way of my car."

Lyanna snorts, grinning, "You mean you almost ran him over."

Star looks proud; "I mean I did run him over, Ly."

"Oh my god, why are you like this?" June shakes her head but smiles at her friend. She turns to Lyanna. "But yeah, girls night. Food and making fun of stupid things and hearing how Star's torturing Jared and how Jacob's a cutie and Embry's being a prick. Preferably tomorrow?"

"Just what I need." Lyanna looks like she means it.

"Stellar," June says with a smile and then pulls over a blue hoodie that she brought. "You two getting in the water?"

"No," Star said quickly. "Did I just tell you I was bribed with food to be here?"

Lyanna grinned at Star before saying, "I'll get in eventually."
Then her eyes sparkle when she asks, mischievously, "You and Jacob seemed to be having a good time before when we got here. How was that?"

Star made sighing sound, smiling, "They're so cute I wanted to cut my eyeballs out because nothing will ever amount to the cuteness they have; it's disgusting. I love it."

"Give Jared a chance and you'll be that cute," Lyanna suggested with a laugh.

"Um, no thanks, I'm not loving that jort wearing creep." Star says monotonously.

"It was fun," June admits wistfully, answering Lyanna's question. "I haven't had this much fun since I was a kid." She pulls her knees up to her chest and rests her chin on her kneecaps.

Lyanna gives her another pretty smile and they stay silent for the rest of the time. They watch the waves and can hear the soft violin of Star's music play from her headphones. It's nice. It's filled with laughter and friends, with Lyanna's warm smile and Star's bawdy jokes and Leah's infectious laughter and Seth's kind eyes and Jacob's states that make her feel complete. She wasn't sure of anything anymore — Jacob's arms around her as he pulled her into the water after she flipped him over kind of make her lose focus. This was living. June wasn't so sure if she wanted to give that all up just yet.

note: emo,,,tional,,,, So daphne's having a boy and papa charlie is gonna propose :))))) ppl ask me what's Bella doing all this time well she's just hanging with Angela or with June or with Daphne and helping her out or working and stuff. I wanted to make her something than just that depressed freak the whole book but she's still hoping Edward will come back and hopes to see him through the rush of adrenaline as yes Jacob and June are still gonna be working on the bikes but development™ I wanted them to spend time with each other without that. firenation's oc Lyanna came in and shell be in a bigger part next chapter so watch our ;—)))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

158K 7.9K 24
you cannot kill me in a way that matters. Β© taryn β†’ twilight saga β†’ new moon - eclipse completed: 21/05/2021 ...
20.3K 403 14
❝When you lose someone, it stays with you. Always reminding you of how easy it is to get hurt.❞ {Book 1 of Amara Brooks Series} {Jasper Hale} {Twilig...
305K 5.6K 30
This is a Twilight Saga, Paul Lahote fan fiction!
276K 9.2K 54
Nothing is ever what it seems. Just a grieving girl, thrown into the mess of her new brothers world.