Broken (A Niall Horan Fan Fic...

By RelentlessChaos

**WILL SOON BE UNDERGOING EXTREME EDITING** *FIRST BOOK IN THE "BROKEN" TRILOGY* I looked in my step-father... More

Broken: Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Thirty
Epilogue

Chapter Twenty-Nine

291K 4.7K 2.1K
By RelentlessChaos

Hello my lovely fans and readers. <3 You are amazing. Beware, there is a long Author's Note starting... NOW!

This chapter is dedicated to xSnowKiss. She has a Niall Horan fan fiction that's also called Broken. She was told by a fan about my story. Our characters even had similar names (hers: Arielle, mine: Ariella), but she changed her main character's name to Summer. I just wanted to say that our fan fictions are two complete different stories, even though they share the same title. She messaged me and we sorted everything out! She didn't copy me at all. She didn't even know of my story! I just wanted to clear things up! :)

Also, xSnowKiss does have some very popular fan fictions on here and I encourage all of you to go check out her page! She's pretty awesome.

I hope everyone enjoys this chapter!

Love, RelentlessChaos <3

-----------------------------

Chapter Twenty-Nine

Ariella’s POV

                                                The next few days were spent at the hospital with Delilah and James. This time I was here alone because Niall’s family wanted to spend some time alone with him. Lately I’d been praying a lot for Delilah’s health. Day after day, the sparkle in her eye would get a little brighter.

The nurse came into the room to give Delilah some fluids and she smiled at me.

“I don’t know how you do it,” She said.

“Do what?” I asked.

“You and that blonde boy, you just have a great effect on Delilah… It’s like she brightens up. Her whole aura changes when she sees you two.”

I smiled at her words.

I looked away once the nurse put the needle into Delilah’s arm. I wasn’t afraid of needles, but Delilah was, and the look on her face was almost unbearable to look at.

“It’s over now, Ariella,” Delilah called out to me.

I looked over at her.

“The nurse says I’m doing better. I might even get healed. She said the doctors don’t know what’s happening,” Delilah said.

She was babbling like an excited child.

“Where is Niall?” James asked.

“He had to spend time with his family today,” I told James.

“Oh. Tell him that we missed him,” James huffed.

“I will.”

The doctor walked in to check up on Delilah.

“Oh my…” The doctor said with wide eyes.

“What?!” I jumped up out of my seat.

“This isn’t possible. It defies all laws of science,” The doctor said.

His eyebrows were furrowed. He turned to Delilah with an incredulous look upon his face.

“What do you mean, doctor?” James asked.

“She’s fine… No less than a week ago, her immune system was failing. Now it’s like her immune system was never giving her a problem in the first place…”

“YES!” James cheered.

He jumped around and stopped in front of me. He grabbed my hands and pulled me up. He danced around the room with me.

Delilah laughed at the doctor’s expression.

“So, doc, I think it’s safe to say that hope does conquer all,” Delilah said.

A warm smile broke across the stubborn doctor’s face. He had been proven wrong and was finally able to accept it.

The doctor left the room. James fell to his knees. I went into a panic because I thought something was wrong.

“James, are you okay?” I asked him.

He was sobbing now.

“James, can you stand up?” I asked.

I helped him up and he hugged me. It took me a while to realize that his tears were tears of joy.

“Thank you, Ariella. Seeing you and Niall together really gave Delilah hope. I can’t thank you enough.”

My eyes were tearing up.

“Also, thank you for praying for her every day,” James said.

“It was no problem, James. Where will you two go now?” I asked.

“We have a little house here in Mullingar,” He answered.

“That’s nice,” I said.

“I’m so glad you had the chance to come.”

“Me too.”

I hugged James. Then I walked over to Delilah and bent over to give her a hug too.

“Thank you for believing in me,” She whispered in my ear.

I smiled and walked out of the hospital room. I called Niall to tell him the phenomenal news.

I started to get frustrated after he didn’t answer three of my calls.

“Ariella!” I jumped when I heard my name being called.

I turned around to see someone that I hadn’t seen in a very long time.

“Garrett?”

Niall’s POV

                                                “I really need to go to the hospital,” I told my mum.

“Niall, why can’t you just enjoy a nice day at home with your family?” She asked.

“I am enjoying it, but there’s someone at the hospital that really needs me,” I said.

“Who? Ariella?” She asked.

“No, mum! Delilah!” I said.

“Who is Delilah?” She asked.

“An old woman that Ariella and I met.”

“Niall, just spend one day alone with family.”

“Fine…” I said.

Don’t get me wrong, I loved spending time with my family, but I was so scared about the state of Delilah’s condition.

Greg came downstairs and we began to watch television together.

“Bored?” He asked.

I grunted in response.

“Come on, I’ll take ya to Nando’s,” He said.

At least Nando’s could lift my spirits up a little. Greg joked around on the way there, but he noticed something was wrong with me.

“What’s got you so down, little bro?”

I ran my hands through my hair.

“It’s just…someone’s really depending on me, Greg.”

“I’m sure, whoever they are, they’ll be fine…” He tried to comfort me.

“No. SHE’S DYING, GREG! I don’t know how much time she has left and it scares the life out of me!” I shouted.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa… Calm down. Who?” He asked.

“Delilah.”

“Who’s Delilah?” Greg asked.

I said nothing as I put my head in my hands.

“Niall, we’re here,” Greg said.

I said nothing as I got out of his car. We walked into Nando’s together. As soon as I opened the door, a waitress smirked at me.

“I’ll get you lads a booth,” She purred.

She led us to a booth on the edge of the restaurant and sat us. Her hand grazed my arm and it was really uncomfortable.

“By the way, I’m a really big fan of yours,” She winked at me.

“Thanks,” I smiled at her.

“You’re welcome,” She said as she winked at me.

She took our orders and left. As soon as she walked away, Greg and I burst out in laughter.

“Do you always get approached by creepy girls like that?” Greg asked.

“All the time,” I said, “Although it is flattering in a sense. I appreciate their love for the band’s music, but sometimes some girls come off as clingy.”

“You’re too nice for your own good sometimes, bro,” Greg said.

“I love being nice to my fans. They deserve it,” I said.

“Well the ones who always bash your girlfriends on twitter don’t deserve to be treated nicely…” He said.

“Do they bash Ariella?” I asked.

I hadn’t been on Twitter in a while, which was weird for me.

“Yeah, and they bash Nicki and Sally too,” Greg admitted, “But Danielle and Eleanor still get the most hate. I don’t get it!”

“I hate that.”

“Watch my phone. I’m going to the toilet,” I told Greg.

I went to the bathroom and washed my hands. I looked at myself and rubbed my eyes. I had a little pep talk with myself.

Come on, Niall. Be strong. Just hope that Delilah recovers…

But what if she doesn’t?

Shut up conscience.

Am I…talking to myself?

Crap, this is weird…

I shook my head and then left the toilets. I sat back in the booth and noticed that I had three missed calls from Ariella.

“Greg, why didn’t you answer my phone?!” I asked.

“Sorry, I got distracted…” He said.

I rolled my eyes and called her back. She answered immediately.

“Hey babe,” I said.

“Don’t ‘hey babe’ me! Why didn’t you answer your phone?” She asked.

“I’m sorry. I went to the toilet and Greg had my phone…”

“Oh. Sorry for yelling at you, then, but I have fantastic news!” Ariella shouted.

“What?”

“Delilah….She’s healed. The doctor said he had no idea how. It was a miracle,” She whispered the last part.

I almost dropped the phone in shock.

“Are you serious?!” I screamed.

“Sir, you cannot raise your voice inside our restaurant,” A manager told me.

I went outside to continue the conversation with Ariella.

“I wish you could’ve been there.”

“I know, babe. I can’t wait to see you!” I said.

“I can’t wait to see you either. We need to go check up on Delilah and James sometime. They have a house here.” She said.

I heard some talking in the background.

“Who’s there?” I asked.

“Garrett,” Ariella answered.

My heart dropped.

Ariella’s POV

                                                “Hey Ariella! Long time, no see,” Garrett said as he enveloped me in a hug. I patted his back awkwardly.

“How’s Seri?” I asked.

“She’s fine! She and John are doing great,” He said.

“That’s good.”

This was an awkward encounter.

A few seconds later, I got a call from Niall. I answered right away.

“Hey babe,” Niall said.

“Don’t ‘hey babe’ me! Why didn’t you answer your phone?” I asked.

“I’m sorry. I went to the toilet and Greg had my phone…”

“Oh. Sorry for yelling at you, then, but I have fantastic news!” I apologized.

“What?”

“Delilah….She’s healed. The doctor said he had no idea how. It was a miracle,” I whispered the last part.

 “Are you serious?!” I heard Niall scream.

“I wish you could’ve been there.” I told him.

“I know, babe. I can’t wait to see you!” He said.

“I can’t wait to see you either. We need to go check up on Delilah and James sometime. They have a house here.”

Garrett said something to me that I couldn’t quite understand.

“Who’s there?” Niall asked.

“Garrett.”

Niall was silent on the other end.

“Niall?” I asked.

“I’m tired of him,” Niall said.

He sounded really angry.

“Niall, don’t be like that…”

“Don’t tell me what to do,” He spat.

“You don’t think rationally when you’re angry. Please calm down. Garrett just ran into me at the hospital. I don’t know why he’s here,” I explained.

“You don’t think at all! He’s the one that caused so much drama in our relationship. Tell him to back off!” Niall yelled.

“I promise he’s not going to try anything.”

I heard Niall breathing loudly over the phone.

“Niall, I hate it when we fight,” I said.

“I do too…” He said in a quiet voice.

“I’m sorry.”

“Why are you apologizing? I’m the jerk. I’m sorry babe. I’ll see you tonight at my parents’ house. Okay babe?”

“Alright,” I said.

“I love you, Ariella.”

“I love you too, Niall.”

The conversation ended. I sighed and put my phone in my pocket.

“It was nice seeing you Garrett, but I should really get going,” I said.

“No! Pat would be really mad if you didn’t stop by and see him,” Garrett said.

“Fine,” I sighed.

I got in the elevator with Garrett and we rode down to the main floor together. As the door rang, I stepped out and hurried to get outside.

I hugged Pat, Jared, and Kennedy.

“ARIELLA!” John yelled.

He picked me up and spun me around.

“Hey John,” I said.

“How come we never talk anymore?” He pouted.

“I don’t know. Why are you in Ireland?” I asked him.

“Tour,” He responded.

I nodded my head.

I saw Seri approaching me with a scowl on her face.

“Did you come around to give Garrett false hope again?” She asked.

“What are you talking about, Seri?”

“You totally lead him on. You made him think you actually liked him!” She said.

“First of all, you planted all of those ideas in his head. Don’t blame me.”

“Whatever. To think that we were actually friends…” She trailed off.

“Seri, I’m sorry that you think that we can’t be friends any longer. Garrett, I’m sorry if I ever gave you false hope. I’m completely in love with my boyfriend Niall,” I said.

I turned around to walk away, but Seri said something that set me over the edge.

“Picking a stupid leprechaun over Garrett? She’s insane…” I heard her mutter.

“Don’t ever disrespect Niall again. I don’t ever want to talk to you for the rest of my existence, Seri. Please don’t try to contact me…any of you,” I told them.

“Wait, Ariella –” Pat tried to stop me.

“I’m sorry it had to come to this. I’ll always be a fan of your music, but you guys just lost a friend. Goodbye,” I said.

It might have been a little childish of me to end my friendship with the boys, but it was my decision. I didn’t like that Seri disrespected Niall. I didn’t like how Garrett tried to go after me even though I had a boyfriend. I had enough of feeling broken.

After parting ways with some of the people that I looked up to, it felt like something was lifted off of me. I guess it wasn’t meant to be.

I walked to my car and drove back to Niall’s parents’ house in silence. It wasn’t an uncomfortable silence though. It was a peaceful silence.

I looked back on today’s events and smiled. The good definitely outweighed the bad.

Delilah survived. That was quite possibly the best thing that I had ever witnessed. She got to live, and because of that, James got to live. I know what you’re thinking… ‘James has his own life.’ But it was clear that he couldn’t hold on without her. James without Delilah was just uncanny. Without Delilah, James himself wasn’t whole. It didn’t take me long to realize that they fit together perfectly. Their love couldn’t be broken. I wished for my love with Niall to be like James and Delilah’s, and so far, we were on the way.

--------------------

What did you think of this chapter? :)

Let me know in the comments below.

By the way, that picture of Niall on the side is what my face looked like when I saw that this story had almost 120,000 reads... --->

All of you are so amazing in every way. Thank you all so much. Words can't express my appreciation towards you. I'd like to thank everyone for being so supportive and loving my story! By the way, I think it's approaching the end... I may or may not do a sequel depending on how many people want one.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.3K 438 33
*This story is not meant to romanticize self harm* Emily Graver is a regular 17 year old girl. Well almost. She cuts, her mum dead, father abusive...
477K 10.6K 29
{This story is copyright} "HARRY!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. The guy punched my in the jaw and my body hit the floor. My vision blurred and...
5.6K 201 61
(Fanfic of Harry Styles. 1D included😉) DISCLAIMER: I didn't focus on the timing and what not, so if I add something dumb or something that just does...
29.6K 2.5K 64
Sequel To Alpha's Broken Luna [h.s.] Book 2/3 // "Calla we have to hurry!" I screamed. "Me don't want to leave Harry!" She cried. "Listen, if we st...