Manhattan Dreams ✅

By JoshayaShipper4Ever

♡ Joshaya AU ♡ Maya is an aspiring ballerina who is more than ready to start her life at Manhattan School of... More

1. Boys
2. Tipsy
3. Aftermath
4. Girlfriends
5. Morgan
6. Clubbing
7. Break-Up
8. Shock
9. Dating
10. Honesty
11. Skipping
12. Performing
13. Bad
14. Party
15. Preparing
16. Invasion
17. Fighting
18. Desires
19. Frustration
20. Loss
21. Goodbye
22. Overwhelmed
23. Back
24. Drunk
25. Someday
26. Practices
27. Scary
28. Frenemies
29. Chaos
30. Auditions
31. Home
32. Thankful
34. Reality
35. Unplugged
36. Idiots
37. Showcase
38. Worries
39. Alone
40. Showbiz
41. Deal
42. Neglect
43. Celebrate
44. Checking
45. Miscommunications
46. Emotions
47. Executives
48. Philly
49. Laughter
50. Promise
51. Squad
52. Last
53. Distance
54. Three
55. Missing
56. Reunited

33. Friday

2.2K 46 23
By JoshayaShipper4Ever

I wake up the next morning tangled in Josh's arms. A smile pulls at my lips as I watch him sleep beside me, his hair had fallen into his eyes as he slept and I can't resist the urge to brush it to the side causing him to stir. "Morning" he murmurs, his voice rough with sleep.

"Sorry I woke you" I apologize softly, leaning my head on my hand as I lie on my side to face him.

"It's okay" he smiles, reaching forward to tuck a strand of hair behind my ear. "You sleep okay?" he asks hopefully. I nod.

"Mhm" I hum. "It's nice having a bigger bed" I chuckle making him laugh. I was becoming used to sharing the tiny dorm bed with him, his bed here at home was much bigger.

"Agreed. It makes this easier" he smirks as he leans forward to press his lips to mine. I respond immediately, kissing him harshly, snaking my hand around his neck to pull him to me. His hand drops to my waist, allowing him to pull my body flush against his. He slips his tongue past my lips causing a moan to escape from my throat while he guides me down onto my back.

"Breakfast" Amy bellows from downstairs causing Josh to groan as he rips his lips away from mine.

"I don't like this however" he groans in annoyance making me giggle. "What do you think would happen if we skipped?"

"Well, there's two things that will probably cross their mind" I trail off. "That we're up here sleeping or the truth. So I think that unless you want your dad or mine to come up here that we should probably go."

"I hate it when your right" he says making me chuckle.

"Get used to it. Happy wife, happy life" I smirk as I climb out of bed. I make my way towards the door only for him to catch my waist and spin me to face him. He crashes his lips onto mine taking me by surprise but I don't hesitate to kiss him back with just as much enthusiasm as he offers. I stumble back into the door and a surge of pain radiates from my shoulders through the rest of my body but I'm too distracted by his lips to stop.

"You really wanna marry me someday?" he murmurs against my lips.

"Yes" I sigh, nodding my head vigorously before pressing my lips against his firmly. "Screw breakfast" I mutter as I slip my hand under his boxers. He groans and moves his lips across my jaw and down my neck. My breath hitches as he ducks his lips to the exposed skin of my breasts, the feeling overwhelming. I take his head between my hands and lift his head to bring his lips back to mine while moving my hands back to his waist.

"What do you mean she isn't in her room?" my dad asks Alan, a tinge of overprotectiveness in his voice.

"We're gonna get caught" Josh whispers against my lips.

"Oh well" I reply, clicking the lock into place. He smirks, grabbing me by the back of my thighs and carrying me over to the bed and plopping me down. He slides his body over mine and crashes his lips back onto mine while he yanks up my shirt.

"Josh. I know my daughter is in there" Shawn knocks loudly. I groan against Josh's lips. "Joshua open this door before I break it" he threatens.

"Maya" Josh says softly as he pulls back.

"No" I whine causing him to chuckle as he ducks down for one last short kiss.

"I'm sorry sweetheart" he apologizes before climbing off the bed and heading towards his door. I sigh, fixing my outfit and sitting up.

"I'll go pretend I was taking a shower" I offer as I head towards the en suite. I click the door shut at the same time I hear Josh open the door.

"Where is she?" he demands.

"Relax Shawn" Josh insists. "She's taking a shower. There isn't one attached to her room so I offered her mine" he lies smoothly. "I was just waiting for her before I came down."

"Yea?" he questions. "So you're saying she didn't sleep here?" he demands. I strip down and wrap a towel around myself, turning on the sink to wet my hair before ruffling it with my fingers. It doesn't take much effort after my makeout with Josh. The only giveaway was the deep blush that extended down my neck that I hoped I could pass off as heat from the shower. I take a deep breath and pull open the door, stepping out into the room.

"Morning daddy" I greet him innocently. Like I wasn't just totally trying to seduce my boyfriend just a couple minutes ago.

"Did you sleep here?" he demands. I furrow my eyebrows at him, trying my best to play dumb.

"Um no. I woke him up though" I laugh lightly. That part at least wasn't a lie. "I needed a shower and he offered to let me use his. Why? What's wrong?"

He looks between the two of us and I watch as his shield begins to lower. "I just-you both were taking quite a long time to get downstairs."

"I was in the shower" I laugh. "You know how I am" I shrug. He seemingly thinks this story over and nods.

"Alright" he concedes. "Just hurry up" he insists before leaving the room. Once the door clicks shut Josh looks at me astonished.

"Should I be worried about how good of a liar you are?" he asks as he moves towards me.

"Uh uh" I shake my head. "You went from let's go downstairs to lets rip each other's clothes off. What was that?" I question. He shrugs, grabbing my waist and pulling me towards him.

"Maybe the thought of you becoming mine turns me on" he smirks, kissing my neck. My eyes flutter shut as I tangle my fingers in his hair.

"Well I can't imagine our sex lives then when we're engaged" I reply. The statement comes out in a sigh with his lips sucking at my skin harshly. "Josh baby you're gonna give me a hickey" I laugh, pushing him back. "Save it for when we're home. Alone" I smirk as I lean in for a long, deep kiss before reluctantly pulling back. "You should get downstairs. I'm gonna get dressed."

"Fine" he gives in. "I love you."

"Love you too" I smile before he finally slips out of the room. I watch the door click shut and take a deep breath. "Woah" I mutter before going over to my bag and grabbing clothes for the day.

*************************************************************************************

"Did you see this?" Riley exclaims as she shoves her phone in my face at breakfast. I laugh as I take the phone from her hand and hold it a reasonable distance from my face so I can actually read it clearly. It was a Black Friday ad for Victoria's Secret.

"Sweetie it's almost noon. This is probably long over" I insist as I hand the phone back to her dismissively.

"Um no" she says, shoving the phone back towards me. "It's all day. We should go to the mall. Uncle Josh can you drive us?" she asks as she lifts her head to look over at him.

"What?" he questions, breaking out of his conversation with his brother.

"There are some sales that Maya and I want to hit up at the mall. You down?" she asks. He looks at me for my okay and I shrug. There wasn't much else we could do today. Our families would probably just sit around the entire day exchanging stories and watching Christmas movies.

"You have to be home before eight" Amy says. "We're putting up the tree tonight" she explains.

"Don't worry" Riley assures her grandma. "We'll be back. Come on Uncle Josh. Please" she begs. He shrugs.

"Sure" he gives. "We'll leave as soon as we're done eating."

Riley takes a bite of her toast and shovels three forkfuls of eggs into her mouth before downing her milk. "Ready."

*************************************************************************************

"Why do I have a feeling that this about more than just a sale on panties?" I ask my best friend accusingly.

"I don't know what you're talking about" she replies innocently, sucking her bottom lip into her mouth. I eye her suspiciously as the two of us continue to walk side by side while Josh trails behind us. Suddenly a blonde boy leaning against the wall puts everything into perspective.

"You just saw him yesterday" I laugh. She simply shrugs before rushing into her boyfriend's arms while my own boyfriend steps up to stand beside me.

"Can you really blame her? If we weren't staying together we'd probably be just as bad if not worse" he points out as his arm snakes around my back. He was right. I couldn't go a day without seeing him anymore, it drove me nuts not to have him around. But that didn't mean that I wouldn't mess with Riley about her obsession with her own boyfriend.

"Alright" I exclaim, clapping my hands as I break up the couple's reunion that was way overdramatic for the amount of time they were apart. "Where to first?" I ask curiously as I lean into Josh.

"I wanna hit up Victoria's Secret" Riley insists. I roll my eyes.

"Yes Riles I know" I laugh lightly. "But where else are we going?" I question but earn silence in return. I laugh looking around the group. "Fine. Victoria's Secret it is" I smile as the four of us head towards the lingerie store.

The mall was always busy but on Black Friday attendance quadrupled, it was insanity everywhere and stores like Victoria's Secret and Bath & Body Works were the worst. We walk in and I immediately head over to a shelf filled with lace bras. I knew I needed a few new push-ups but I also needed a couple strapless ones. I pick up a lacy pink one and drop it just as quick making Josh chuckle. "Pink not your color" he teases. I shoot him a glare causing him to purse his lips to hide his amusement.

I roll my eyes playfully while I continue to scour the pile. I finally find a black one with lace detailing that I like but when I go to grab it another girl's hand wraps around it at the same time. "Um excuse me" I snap, bringing my gaze up to meet the other girl's.

"Sweetie aren't you a little young to be shopping in this store?" she smirks.

I'm about to go off on the girl when Josh suddenly speaks up beside me. "Steph?" he asks in shock. I rack my brain trying to figure out why that name sounds familiar but when I do I wish I hadn't. This was the girl that Josh slept with when he was still dating Sophie.

"Joshua" she exclaims, pushing past me. "I didn't know you were coming home."

"Same to you" he replies in shock before looking over her shoulder at me. She catches his gaze and turns to me coldly.

"Um can we have some privacy?" she snaps. My blood boils as my anger towards her increases tenfold.

"Actually you can't" I snap.

"Excuse me?" she laughs. "Sweetheart trust me, he's out of your league" she insists. This time it's my turn to laugh.

"That's not what he said when we were hooking up this morning" I reply, crossing my arms over my chest. Her eyes widen as she looks between the two of us. "I'm his girlfriend and I suggest you back the fuck off."

"Oh" she says awkwardly as she looks to Josh. "I'm sorry. She just looks so young-."

"She's nineteen" he cuts off Stephanie. "And I think you've said enough" he insists. "Come on gorgeous" he says, reaching for my hand and pulling me further into the store. "I'm sorry" he apologizes as he kisses the top of my head.

"Do I really look that young?" I ask, suddenly overly self-conscious. He laughs, shaking his head.

"No. She's just a bitch that's good at finding people's insecurities. Don't pay her any mind. Her and I have been over for a very long time and plus like you said" he smirks, kissing the sensitive spot below my ear. "You were the one in my bed this morning."

"You guys ready?' Riley asks as she comes up to join us with her hand intertwined with Lucas'. They don't have anything left. I laugh, rolling my eyes.

"I told you they wouldn't."

*************************************************************************************

"An aluminum tree?" I ask skeptically as I watch my boyfriend digging out the boxes around it. I was too focused on the monstrosity to pay attention to much else. "Baby I love you but what the hell?" I question making him chuckle as he straightens up and faces me.

"What? It's charming."

"It's tacky" I laugh. "Are you telling me that you never, not once wanted an actual tree?"

"I'm allergic" he says.

"Oh" I reply awkwardly. "Nevermind." He laughs as he grabs my hand and pulls me against him.

"I get your reservations. I do" he insists. "Topanga had the same ones and that's why my brother has a fake pine tree but they celebrate the holiday on Christmas Day. It was their compromise" he explains. "When we get married we'll make our own compromises" he assures me.

"Maybe we could have both. Like alternate every other year. Of course it would be a fake pine tree" I add. "I wouldn't want to kill you." He chuckles, smiling back at me widely.

"That's good to know" he replies playfully. "It'll be fun to start our own traditions with our own kids don't you think?" he asks. My heart swells at the thought of raising a family with Josh. That was all I wanted and more.

"Most definitely" I murmur before pressing my lips to his. We don't pull apart until the sound of footsteps on the steps cause us to. My dad peeks his head around the wall and eyes us suspiciously.

"You guys okay? You're taking an awfully long time to get the stuff for the mantel."

"Sorry" Josh apologizes as he reaches down to grab the box. "It was buried" he lies. "We're coming" he adds. He starts towards the stairs and I follow after him. When we get upstairs I head over to the couch and collapse onto it in exhaustion.

"Long day?" Morgan laughs from beside me sipping a glass of wine. Her third if I was counting correctly.

"Fun day but yes it was pretty long. Lines on Black Friday are killer" I add making her laugh.

"That my dear future sis in law is why you never go Black Friday shopping. Even if you need something just wait until Cyber Monday" she shrugs. I chuckle. I would definitely be doing that in the future. No long lines and most importantly no more appearances from Josh's ex.

"Wanna come help us get the tree?" Shawn asks as he and Cory head towards the basement stairs. I laugh, shaking my head.

"Not unless you want me to fall and break myself. I have the showcase coming up. I can't afford to hurt myself."

"I'll help" Josh laughs. "Luckily I just need my voice to sing" he smirks. I roll my eyes as he walks behind us.

"But you need your body for other things" I whisper. The coughing fit that results from my comment my causes me to giggle as I get up and go to retrieve him a glass of water. "Here" I smile, holding it out for him.

"You're evil" he insists as he sips it.

"I try" I reply playfully. "Don't you have a tree to be retrieving?"

"Mhm" he hums as he finishes off the glass. "Keep your mouth shut" he insists playfully.

"What's the fun in that?"

"Josh" Shawn yells. "Basement. Tree. Now" he shouts. Josh sighs as he hands me back the glass.

"Behave" he mouths before kissing my cheek and walking away.

I gnaw my bottom lip as I watch him go. "You sleep with my little brother yet?" Morgan questions causing me to whip my head around towards her.

"What? Morgan!" I exclaim causing her to laugh as she waves me off.

"Don't be a prude" she insists. "We both know my brother's had sex. I was just curious if you'd done it yet" she shrugs.

"Nope" I pop the p. "Not yet" I sigh as I run my hand over the cool glass. "I'm gonna go help with the dishes."

"Have fun" she replies sarcastically as I leave the room.

*************************************************************************************

The house takes forever to set up but by the time we're done the house would be worthy of being in the most stylish North Pole neighborhood. The family heads off to bed one by one until it's just Josh and I left in the living room. The only light coming from the lit tree behind the couch and the ones strung along the banister.

"Egg nog or cider?" I ask curiously. My head was propped up on a pillow while Josh rubbed my feet. Dancer tip number one, find a boyfriend who loves you enough to take care of your feet.

"Egg nog" he replies immediately. "Let me guess, you're a cider type of girl." I chuckle, nodding my head.

"How'd you guess?" I laugh. "Sledding or skiing?"

"Oh my gosh" he laughs. "One of the best Christmas vacations was when my brothers took me sledding. They were idiots and they looked for anyway to make the sled go faster. They ended up in the emergency room and they were banned from taking me sledding" he laughs. "Cory had a bruised tailbone and Eric ended up with a broken arm."

"And you?"

"Wouldn't get on the sled" he laughs. "What about you?"

"Sledding" I reply. "There's a smaller risk of injury to my legs" I explain. He nods understandably. "Your turn."

"Black and white movies or Hallmark?"

I giggle. "Both" I reply honestly. "I have to watch It's a Wonderful Life every year but I'm a sucker for a Hallmark Christmas movie" I admit. "What about you?"

"I actually like the cartoon ones" he admits. "Rudolph is my favorite."

"Hm" I hum. "White lights or multicolored?"

"Multicolored."

"Agreed" I smile, letting my eyes flutter shut. "This is so nice" I breathe out in contentment. "I miss being alone but nothing is better than being home."

"It's perfect" he agrees. "So? Will you come home with me for Christmas?" he asks hopefully. I allow my eyes to flutter open and find him looking hopefully at me.

"Of course" I nod. "I'd love nothing more" I admit.

"Wanna watch a movie?" he asks, leaning over to grab the remote off the table.

"Hallmark?" I ask hopefully causing him to chuckle as he turns on the television and flips to the correct channel.

"Very Merry Mix-Up" he reads the title and a smile pulls at my lips.

"That's one of my favorites."

"Good" he smiles as he relaxes back against the couch. "Come here" he insists. I sit up and move to snuggle up beside him. He drapes his arm over my shoulder and kisses the top of my head. "Kisses under the mistletoe or by the fireplace?" he asks softly.

"Anywhere with you" I whisper as I lift my head and kiss him.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

175K 4.3K 38
♡ Joshaya AU ♡ Josh Matthews thought he had everything. He became CEO of The Gabriel Foundation, a nonprofit that helps sick kids and their families...
795K 15.5K 94
It's been two years since their someday deal and neither Josh or Maya have talked to each other much since. Now Maya is just starting her freshman ye...
151K 4.5K 64
Cover by @queen_Dez08 She is famous, He is the body guard that was hired to protect her. She was somebody who wanted out of all the fame and the glor...
82K 1.8K 38
🚔 The ride along that will change the game forever 🚔 Maya Hunter is counting down the days until graduation with university right in the rearview b...