Alpha and the Master

Von xMishx

The third book in the series of Veronica Marshall. Veronica is now married to an adoring husband and togethe... Mehr

Before you start....
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12

Chapter 4

1.3K 168 4
Von xMishx

Phil had set out a new routine for our life. He was taking no one's side even though he was really on my side. It was a basic plan of things that had to happen, like my training, looking after the children, the clubs needs and other things that demanded our attention. I had a lot of training to do which meant that Sid had to look after the children if I was to train during the day. So that we could spend some time together, Phil set up training to happen when Sid was at the club. Lucinda was more than happy to come and sit with the children while I was occupied. It wasn't necessary but Phil was insistent that I not have my mind elsewhere, like worrying about the children. What I didn't realise at the time was Phil was being one very bad boy, instilling just a drop of jealousy into Sid's mind. Who was it that came and trained me in meditation? Why of course it was the one and only Cody, the wolf in my pack that was the trainer to all that need it. And that one little drop of jealousy? It was telling Sid that Cody kissed me and whilst it was all very one sided and I had no intention of pursing Cody it was enough. Phil grinned as he knew the thoughts running through Sid's mind, he no longer wanted to be downstairs in his club, he wanted to be close by to ensure that Cody didn't try and kiss me again. So that was the reason that Sid had not been down in his club for more than five minutes at a time. Suddenly it was fine for his duty manager to look after the club, suddenly he didn't need to be down there all the time. Jealousy is such a bitch.

Cody watched from the lounge room floor, he could hear movement in the kitchen as he watched the archway into the room.

"My apologies my lady but..." his head turned back to me as his brilliant blue eyes looked at me with a little worry "I asked Phil of what happened, when I felt the attack I worried for you, we all did."

"I know, I was safe. Anyone else however." I shrugged.

"Phil said you have agreed to run at full moon, this will help settle her. I know you said it still hurts, I do understand, we all do. But for the sake of those you love, please do not deny the moon."

I nodded as a flash caught the edge of my eye. Somebody was lurking, watching and pretending he wasn't trying to figure out how to use the appliances. He wanted excitement in his life, well figuring out the oven is very exciting. I laughed, Cory grinned at me with a frown, unsure of what I found funny.

"He's not a big food eater." I whispered. "Not sure on kitchens."

"Oh." he grinned harder.

There was a great clatter of saucepans, a lot of cursing and thumping of cupboard doors.

"You need peace and quiet to meditate my lady, either the buffoon leaves the destroying of the kitchen for another time or we find somewhere more... quieter." he grinned as he leaned closer "Please choose somewhere more quiet, I would love to get to know you better in private."

I rolled my eyes at him and got off the floor, stalking my noisy husband.

"Are you trying to me jealous?" he whispered as he grabbed my arm, pushing me against the pantry door.

"No there is no intention here Sid."

His lips traced over mine gently tugging on the bottom lip.

"You are mine."

I pulled him to me by the back of his neck, kissing him hard as he pinned me to the door. Deep and needful was our kiss. I broke away from him, looking up into those big brown eyes, the flecks of honey swirling.

"Be quiet or we will have to move elsewhere and I know you don't want that."

I smugly sauntered away, leaving him feeling bereft and lost.

We didn't hear another peep out of Sid as he continued to make something in the kitchen. I was trying to be optimistic about what he was making for dinner. He was going to follow the recipe; he was going to taste it as he went along. Hopefully by the end of it, the vampire that hadn't cooked a meal in eight hundred years and hadn't eaten a proper meal in just as long would create something amazing. After an hour of Cody and his training he finally left us in peace. Sid wasn't lurking by the doorway as he said goodbye but I knew he was near.

"Full moon tomorrow my lady." Cody grinned deviously "I look forward to running with you."

"Good night Cody."

He nodded once and turned to the door, striding through the corridor to the stairs, slowly sinking into the darkness below. As I closed the door, I could feel Sid move closer, his steps while they were soft on the wood floor were still very clear and crisp to me.

"You're running tomorrow night?"

"Yes, Phil and Leon have recommended that I not keep her in any more. Running with my pack will help her calm down."

"Ronnie, please... I've learned the lesson; it won't happen again. I don't want you out there with them, they all hate me now because of it, they won't stop now, the claim will mean nothing to them."

"The claim might not stop them but your wife will. Maybe you need to trust me."

Dinner was supposed to be a quiet and romantic dinner, except that Kayla had woken and was very clingy and Dylan was tearing around the house like he was high on sugar. This was the lead up to full moon, he didn't have control of his wolf yet and it took over making one crazy kid for twenty-four hours beforehand. I had no control over him either, that was until a plate full of lasagne was put on the table for him. He stopped abruptly and turned his head, in an instant he was at the table eating his meal quietly. Sid was shocked as he watched him, so well behaved, so quiet. He had spent so long in that damned club that he saw little of what really went on around here. Even Kayla had become less clingy when the plate was put on the table in front of her high chair. She accepted being put into it and even though most of the meal was all over her, she managed to eat a fair amount of it. I looked at the plate, not one of her plastic ones Sid had used a normal plate. Saying nothing, I continued to eat my meal and hoped that she didn't drop it to the ground. He had also put a small serving of lasagne on the plate for her. Again I said nothing, knowing he knew nothing about his own children or the fact that she was barely eating solid foods. This was going to be an interesting meal. Things had been going rather well until Kayla managed to throw food at her father. Well, she didn't do it intentionally, it was more a flail of the arm and food happened to be in her hand. So his precious Armani shirt was covered in sauce and pasta, dripping down the front of it. Dylan giggled and Kayla continued her gurgling screeching.

I left the pasta man to clean the kitchen as I took one dinner covered child and one clean child to the bathroom. Water splashed everywhere as Kayla continued her baby talk in the tub. Dylan sat and played with his scuba man ignoring his sister and the bits of pasta floating in the tub. She was the sweetest little girl, thin brown hair with big brown eyes. The teething ring was being given hell as she chomped away at it, slobbering and smacking it into the water. I rested my arm along the edge of the tub in front of me, laying my head onto it, trailing my fingers through the warm water. Quietly singing the words to a sad song. I thought we were alone until Dylan called out to his father, I turned to see an empty doorway.

"Was daddy there?" I whispered.

He nodded at me and continued to play with his scuba man.

******************************************

Dylan sat on the rocking chair as I dressed Kayla for bed, he was refusing to go and dress himself. Instead he was pestering me, questioning me about tomorrow night. Phil and his big mouth had obviously told him that I was going with them and now Dylan was excited.

"Are you coming too daddy?"

I turned and saw Sid standing at the door with a bottle in hand. Interesting. He was getting better at this baby thing.

"You know daddy can't turn into a wolf."

"But you can come and run with us."

"Someone has to stay and look after Kayla."

"Ok." he said sadly.

Sid put the bottle on the table and picked him up, the towel wrapped around his tiny body.

"How about we get you ready for bed?"

I turned around and they were both gone, Kayla was dressed and rubbing her eyes.

"You want to say night to daddy?"

Taking the bottle, I moved down to Dylan's room, feeding her as I walked. I could hear Dylan chatting away as I drew closer. It was like a different child was in his room.

"Mummy is so sad, why is she so sad?"

"Because daddy upset her."

His voice was so low and hoarse; I knew the subject was still too much for the both of us. The wounds were taking time to heal.

"Why?"

"I did a bad thing and she's mad at me."

"What did you do?"

I grinned at his inquisitive nature and wondered if Sid would tell him the truth. How could you tell a child the details? They wouldn't understand it; he would think a kiss is like what he gives me. A kiss on the cheek, what's wrong with that? Nothing to a child.

"Well, uh there was a lady that worked in the club downstairs. She told daddy that she liked him very much and he believed her."

The sounds of draws opening and closing interrupted his little explanation, giving him time to choose his words carefully.

"And the other day she said that she'd like to kiss me."

"I like kisses." Dylan said cheerfully.

"I do too little man but this was different."

"How?"

Sid sighed, it sounded like one very frustrated sigh.

"It wasn't like the kisses that you give mummy or me, it's more like an adult kiss."

"Like you and mummy?"

"Err kind of, the lady wanted daddy all to herself, she wanted daddy to run away with her."

"You aren't going to, are you?" I could hear the whimper in his voice.

Sid was an idiot. I shook my head in disbelief, wondering what on earth possessed him to tell Dylan that.

"No, of course not. I could never leave you. And not Kayla or mummy. I didn't say that properly, did I?"

I could hear him slump to the floor, taking a peek around the door, he was now leaning on the set of draws as he sat on the floor. Dylan was in his pyjamas on Sid's lap, crying and being hugged. Well done, Sid, excellent job. Now you've got two of us upset at you. I moved back around the corner before one of them saw me.

"I'm not going anywhere, I promise. I'll make mummy happy again. What about you, are you happy?"

I hoped he nodded because I didn't hear a thing. Kayla was asleep in my arms, slowly I lifted her up against my chest as I edged around the corner. Sid looked up at me with a soft smile, probably wondering how much I had heard. All of it, dumb arse.

The children were in bed, the house was tidy and I was getting ready for bed waiting for Sid to find some feeble excuse to go downstairs. He was hovering around, watching me quietly. I collected bed clothes and began to move out of the robe, Sid stopped me.

"No more of these." his voice was husky as he ripped the dress out my hand.

He opened the draw and pulled out the deep red silk chemise, trailing the soft material over my skin. Ok so I guess that maybe my night time attire had gone a little downwards but I got sick of Kayla throwing up all over my good clothes. Somehow, little by little my draw of nightwear had slowly started to get cotton and florally. It was like a light bulb had gone on in my head, I was stuck in mummy land and Sid had watched the vibrant woman who wore tight and sexy clothes turn into a dowdy, run down and very lacklustre woman. Tomorrow my wardrobe was getting an overhaul.

"I don't want to see them ever again unless you've got a baby puking on you, understand?"

I nodded feeling very giddy. His eyes darkened as the gold in his eyes intensified.

"I hope you're not planning on sleeping tonight."

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

Claribelle's Mate Von Haley

Vampirgeschichten

381K 17.6K 42
Claribelle is all grown up, well almost. She's 17, the only vampire child between herself and her three siblings and dying to meet her mate and feel...
2.8M 173K 117
[COMPLETED]✔ Book 3 of The Deliverance Series Ménage--MxFxM How do you win a game when you don't know who all the players are? --⊰♥⊱-- "You can...
71.1K 1.2K 33
Book 1 of Mate of the Alpha. Werewolves ruled the world. There were only a few more human villages left, and after a while, the wolves found out wher...
148K 8.1K 42
Meredith had always known about magic. Her family was magic, one of the most powerful mage lines out there. Having lost her parents to all the fighti...