Learning to Fall (A Josh Hutc...

By nanalove9516

To enjoy her summer off from school Arianna is visiting her Aunt and Uncle in New York when she has run ins w... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20 (ACTUAL ENDING):)

Chapter 6

15K 312 29
By nanalove9516

Arianna’s POV

Once Kaiden and…Josh were out of sight and growing smaller in my rear view mirror…I screamed. Ignoring the looks from other drivers I turned up the radio and sang like no one was watching me. Everything couldn’t be any better, I met a great, cute, funny guy today and not to mention meeting his best friend who just so happens to be the one and only Josh Hutcherson! Also, the gala tonight that I get to dress up and look great for and also might run into Josh.

Once I was in the drive way and grabbed my bags and ran up the steps into the house. Quickly said hi to Aunt Ellie, who appeared to have just gotten home, and ran up the stairs into my bedroom to start getting ready. I walked over and stood in front of the floor length mirror and examined myself. My hair was messy from having the windows down in the car and my face was blushed and red. Which reminds me, I need to call and update Chloe.

I pulled my phone out of my purse and called her.

Hello?

Hey Chloe!

Hey girl. How’s New York? And sorry I didn’t answer your text I was sleeping.

Typical Chloe. I didn’t say that comment out loud but I spoke it in my head.

You’re always sleeping!! But hey something amazing happened today! Wanna hear about it?

Does it involve a boy perhaps?

Ha-ha 2 boys actually.

Well then of course I wanna hear about it!

Okay. Well I met this guy…

She listened patiently as I explained everything that happened today. Once I was finished that when she exploded with questions…

Wow Ari you are one lucky girl! How was josh in person? Was he tall? Does he look different? Was he nice? And Kaiden what’s he like? Are you going to see them again? Tell me tell me tell me!

Whoa slow down there. Josh is just as amazing as he is on TV and the magazines but he is short unlike Kaiden. He is so sweet and clumsy and really really cute. He seems shy though. I gave him my number and I told him to call me and we can hangout. But oh my gosh it was great. And I might see Josh tonight at this gala thing Aunt Ellie invited me too. That reminds me I have to start getting ready for it.

Okay. Well, call me tonight or tomorrow and let me know what happens okay?

Okay… bye Chloe.

When the phone call was ended I went over to my bags and pulled out my new dress and shoes. I laid them out on the bed and went to the bathroom to take a shower.

When I got out I did my hair by blow drying it and curling. Then I applied mascara and like eye shadow to make my eyes pop and light pick lipstick for my lips. When I looked at the clock I notice I had an hour until it started. I smelled some food cooking so I threw on my bathrobe and went downstairs so have dinner.

Aunt Ellie was already dressed. She had on a red strapless dress and had her hair up in a bun.

“Wow Aunt Ellie you look beautiful.” She smiled my way then looked at me.

“Wow so do you. What line is that bathrobe from? Its gorgeous!” we laughed at her joke and she went back to cooking as we talked about the arrangement for tonight.

“Lucas will be here any minute and once he gets ready we are going to head out to the gala. You can take your time and head over whenever you want. We will leave your invite to get in on the counter so you can get in. we decided that taking 2 cars is best because we have to leave early because of work tomorrow but we wanted you to have a great time so you can stay out later.”

“You know what Aunt Ellie. You are amazing and a great cook.” I said as she set down the plate of chicken Caesar salad in front of me. I was glad it wasn’t anything messy and it is easy to eat.

“Hello?” a man’s voice called in from the front door.

“In hear honey.” Aunt Ellie called as Lucas was walking in smelling the air.

“Smells great in here. And whoa…you guys look great. I don’t know if I can compete.” He walked over to Aunt Ellie and kissed her. They really are cute together.

“Thanks Lucas, but I’m going to go upstairs and finish getting ready.”

“Oh what you mean? You aren’t ready yet?” I rolled my eyes at him and his comment.

“It's nice to see you two share the same comedy.” I turned and left to go after shooting them a quick smile.

Once back in my room I touched up on my hair adding a matching clip to go with my dress along with my accessories, slipped on my dress and my heels. It is pretty warm out so I decided on not bringing a sweater or anything. I had about 20 minutes until I could get to the venue so I planned out my time on when to leave. When I looked at the clock the time read 5:49 pm. The gala starts in 10 minutes so I hurriedly grabbed my purse and car keys.

Downstairs was silent and dimly lit. I tripped a couple times on my feet not being able to see where I was going. I passed by the kitchen and out the door.

The drive was quite easy. There was no traffic and I was barely stopped at lights so it made up for time. It ended up taking about 15 minutes instead of 20. I smiled to myself at my driving skills and checked my appearance in the mirror.

Once I stepped out of the car the night air hit me. It was really humid with a little breeze. It would have been nice if I didn’t have my hair all done and the chance of it frizzing up. So I grabbed my stuff and headed to the front door. There was a man with a clipboard and an ear piece in his ear. It was quite professional.

I’ve never been to one of these things so once I was with the crowd of people trying to get in I felt lost. Until I was stopped by that mans arm.

“Miss, can I see your invite?” I looked at him he was really big and scary looking.

“Sure.” I reached into my bag but I couldn’t find it. Then I remembered I forgot to pick it up off the counter. “I’m sorry. I seemed to have forgotten it at my Aunts house. Her name is Ellie Strode and her husband Lucas Strode. My name is Arianna Greene.” He skimmed down the list on the clip board but then looked up at me.

“I don’t see an Arianna Greene with their names or anywhere on this clip board. Please step aside.” I felt my heart drop with disappointment.

“Can you please check again?” he looked back at me but didn’t move.

“Your name isn’t on the list and you don’t have an invite so please…” he nudged me with his arm. “Move aside.” I stumbled backward and left like crying. I started to walk away when I felt a hand intertwine into mine.

“Hey Trent. I’m on the list and I know for a fact it says guest next to it. So if you would be so kind and let us in.” I looked up at him in shock and excitement. Then I looked at the man as he looked and nodded his head.

“Yes Mr. Smith.”

Kaiden led us through the crowd of people as he continued to hold my hand but ended up dropping it and looking at me. “Don’t worry you can thank me later. You look beautiful tonight Arianna.” He gave me a smile that made my stomach flip.

“Thanks so do you.” he looked down at his hands and then back up into my eyes. He looked really amazing. He had on a black tux with a dark blue dress shirt underneath.

People were everywhere and everyone looked so amazing. People were dancing here and then at the other end were tables and a giant buffet/bar. There were silver chandeliers hanging from the ceiling and everything was so elegant.

“And how exactly do I thank you?” I said as I looked back at him at him.

He winked at me and then took my hand again kissing it. “Dance with me?”

I let him drag me to a part of the dance floor and when I glanced behind me I saw a very upset Josh turning to walk away.

Thank youuu for reading. I feel like this story is becoming my new baby! But yeah to the right are the pictures of Arianna’s outfit and everything so yeah. Vote, comment, and fan if you like the story so far!<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 49 36
A 16 year old girl named Janiya life turns upside down, when she finds out she has to leave her best friends Leland, Kayla, Malcolm, and Vincent behi...
402K 9K 46
You are an average teenage Girl who has just turned 18 and lives in the UK. Your pretty good in school, no where near popular but all the same not un...
313K 4.9K 41
Born an orphan, raised an orphan, and always will be an orphan.. This is the life Stella Foster thought she would go her entire existence sustaining...
565K 12.2K 39
Aria Lane is your typical shy girl next door; she always completes her homework on time and almost never receives a F on her report card. But what sh...