Growing up (MWL's sequel)✔️

By Ariana_Godoy

"I want to grow up" Did you say it when you were a kid? I know I did. Have you regretted growing up at some p... More

Growing up (My Wattpad Love's sequel)
1.- "Are you sewing your clothes?! You said ten minutes!"
2.- I can officially say everyone knows I'm virgin.
3.- 'Please, that's too much. I feel a little dirty right now'
4. Love makes us monsters, people. Watch out.
5.The night is young, my dear BFF and so are we.
6. Romeo would be ashamed of you.
7. Are you flirting with me, mister?
8. Because I'm your girlfriend and you love me.
10. I really knew how to pick my best friends.
11. We've got Einstein son among us!
12. This is better than late night soap operas.
13. Thank you, fate, really. You're helping out so much.
14. We can share her. We are like Edward and Jacob.
15. Ms. Jones, may I have a word with you?
16. I can't believe it! You naughty girl!
17. 'Come out of your shell, little turtle'
18. I know a lot about you, Julie Ann Jones.
19. 'It's alright. You can touch if you want'
20. Why are you doing in my room at this late hour, sir?
21. 'It was a onetime thing, it won't happen again'
22. 'I sensed some tension here'
23. Yeah, I make up words, sue me. I'm original.
24. Happy Birthday, Raccoon.
25. You don't look fine at all, kid.
26. "Don't touch it. It's pounding."
27. You don't have my permission to lose your V card
28. I hate him. I do. I hate him so much.
29. Don't make babies while I'm gone
30. I'm like your Christmas hero or something.
31. So biologically speaking, I was screwed.
32. "We are not in the stone age anymore!"
33. This isn't so bad. I get free Jell-O.
34. You look like you need a drink
35. Oh Lord my poor virginal kitchen
36. "I already told you. You're a chicken."
37. I can't look at it. I can't.
38. They are my half-siblings.
39. "Oh Jules... you're so beautiful"
40. You'll be a great writer someday
41. The boy of sad eyes.
42. Epilogue

9. They are coming for us!

737K 23K 23K
By Ariana_Godoy

Updating a little earlier than Saturday! Yay!

My Wattpad love is finally released in the e-book version. If you want to buy one, let me know in the comments! 

Enjoy!

Chapter Nine

“We’ll follow you,” Nadia said jumping inside Nash’ highlander Truck. I was gawking at the beautiful vehicle in front of me. It was even newer and more luxurious than Shane’s truck.

As I walked to Lau’s old ride; I realized the twins had money. I hadn’t taken a moment before to notice they wore branded clothes. Everything about them was elegant and classy.

Why would they come here to finish high school?

They could go to private school but they chose to go here. That didn’t make any sense.

“You alright?” Lau questioned when I got inside her car.

“Yeah, I just… did you see that truck?” I had to ask.

Lau nodded in understanding, “Yes, I was thinking the same. They have money, huh?”

“There’s something fishy about them,”

Lau drove off, “Why? Because they have money?”

“I don’t know. I just have a weird feeling about them,”

“Don’t be paranoid, Jules,”

I let out a sigh, “You’re right.” I turned on my seat take a look behind us. The truck was following us, I could see Nadia chatting animatedly on the phone whilst Nash was driving in silence. His ocean blue eyes met mine and I swallowed, getting back to my seat.

When we were finally in my house, I went in first to fix the mess around my living room. Haven’t you done that before? Organizing things just when your guests are about to come inside?

“Welcome!” I said enthusiastically as I let them in.

“Nice place,” Nadia said politely, “But why are you living so far from town?” she asked while her twin was scanning around the house with scrutiny.

“Well, mom…” I trailed off, “we are moving out next week so this is probably our last movie night here,” I explained not wanting to fall into the whole ‘Mom waiting for my absence Dad topic, “Have a seat,” I gestured them to the main couch. Lau was in the kitchen doing God knows what. She was probably eating my food.

What is it with best friends and eating your food?

“The wait is over!” Jason exclaimed, walking inside.

“Do you really need to make such dramatic entries?” I asked tiredly.

He grinned, “Of course, it’s part of my killer personality,” he handed me a bag of candies and snacks. Helen showed up behind him with a shy smile.

“Hey, Jules,” she waved at me. She looked lovely with a flowered green summer dress that matched her eyes.

Guess I wasn’t the only one who still had outfits for summer.  

“Come inside,” I moved towards the living room where I found a frozen Jason standing behind the couches.

I cleared my throat, “Guys, this is Jason and his girlfriend Helen,” I looked at Jason to say the twins name as well. They all smiled at each other, “Have a seat,” I said to my friends, pointing out one of the single’s couch.

I strolled towards the kitchen to check Jason’s bags.

“Aha!” I said, catching Lau in front of the refrigerator. She had a yogurt in one hand and a banana in the other, “You need to stop eating my food when you come here,” I complained, placing the bags on the counter.

“No way! That’s a rule between best friends,” she explained, pushing the refrigerator close with her foot, “You shall share your food with your best friend’” she said dramatically, “I think it’s in the bible and all,”

I rolled my eyes, “Of course you would make up a commandment to keep destroying my fridge,”

She ignored me, finishing the yogurt and peeling the banana. I sighed, getting the snacks out of the bag. Jason walked in with a surprised expression on his face.

“You could have told me the twins were coming,” he said disapprovingly. His expression faded when he spotted Lau, “Hey,” he greeted, blushing slightly.

Lau frowned but let it slide.

Apparently, the banana she was eating was more interesting than us.

“It was an improvised thing. They’re nice, don’t worry,” I explained, finishing with the bags. However, Jason did not hear a word I said. How did I know? He was too busy gawking at the way Lau was eating the banana.

Let’s just say, my best friend ate bananas in a very inappropriate way.

“Lau!” I reprehended her. She looked at me, banana still half-way in her mouth.

“What?” she mumbled, “I like licking it before eating it,”

“Oh God,” Jason muttered, probably picturing a thousand things in his head.  I mentally slapped myself.

I pushed Jason out of the kitchen, “Come on, out now!”

“Did you see that?” he asked, struggling not to go, “she put the entire thing in her mouth without gagging. That’s a freaking awesome talent,”

“Go away!” I gave him the final push.

“Party pooper.” he pouted, going back to the living room.

I came back for the snacks, picking up a few bags of Ruffles and Cheetos.

I threw one bag of Doritos to Lau, “Let’s go, deep throat.”

Lau laughed out loud as she followed me. 

As soon as I walked back to the living room, my heart stopped beating.

Evan was sitting on the armrest of the couch Helen was sitting in. He was wearing worn out jeans and a black t-shirt that matched the tattoo on his neck. His hair was still  slightly damp. He had probably taken a shower. He was so hot.

“You so want Evan’s banana,” Lau teased, as she kept walking.

“Lau!” I turned tomato red.

“What? It’s true,” she shrugged.

I reached Evan and bent down to give him a peck. He smiled on my mouth.

“Hey, beautiful,” he greeted and I felt my knees going weak. I was about to introduce him to everyone but he saw my intentions, “Already met them. Helen introduced us,” he said, caressing my cheek gently.

We started finding a spot for everyone. Fortunately, my living room was big enough. Lau ended up sitting between the Sullivan’s twins in the main couch. Helen and Jason in one of the single couches, and Evan I in the other one.

We decided to watch “The conjuring” to see what was the commotion about that movie about. Besides, it was Friday Horror night. Thunders echoed outside, giving the environment a nice creepy touch.

Alright, have you ever watched in horror movie with your friends?

Everything started out well; everyone was in their seat, eating snacks and so on. 30 minutes in the movie and we were all over each other. The main couch was crowded; we were all squeezing each other.

“Oh God no!” Lau covered her eyes. She was sitting on my legs.

I pushed her hands down, “Hell no! Watch it!” I wasn’t the only one to have nightmares and probably a trauma after this. A thunder echoed outside again, making us all scream. It started raining heavily.

“It’s raining,” Helen, who was sandwiched between me and the twins, whispered scared, “That’s a sign. We should stop the movie,” Evan chuckled next to me; he was sitting in the armrest on my side.

Jason was sitting on the floor between my legs.

How did we manage to fit all in the couch was beyond me.

“I hate Japanese movies,” I muttered.

“This isn’t a Japanese movie.” Nadia retorted, biting her nails off.

“James wan is the director, isn’t it?” I backed up my statement.

“He’s from Malaysia, not Japan.” Nash corrected indifferently. 

Jason sighed heavily, “Who cares? I need to go to the bathroom.” he tried to stand up.

“No, you won’t escape,” Helen pulled him back by his shirt.

“This has to be torture somewhere in the world.” Jason whined.

A suspenseful scene was coming; we were so silent I could actually hear everyone’s breathing.

Some spirit jumped from a closet and we all jumped in our seats.

“That’s it!” Jason stood up, “I’m out of here,” Helen, Lau and I pulled him back down.

“Sit!” we ordered seriously. I was squeezing Evan’s hand so tightly, I was probably cutting off his circulation. Evan leant down, kissing my hair.

“Scared?” he whispered softly in my ear. I nodded, “Get your mind off the movie,”

“How?” I mumbled secretively.

“Remember what we did in this couch,” he teased joyfully.

I chocked in my own saliva and started coughing crazily.

“Shhhhh!” every hushed me. I felt like I was in a real cinema. I couldn’t help blushing desperately at Evan’s remark.

The couch…

If the couch speaks, we will be so embarrassed.

Another scary scene was coming; the background music was building up the tension. I held my breath, watching how one of the characters walked in the dark to a door.

And it happened.

The lights went out. We all screamed at the same time, being surrounded by pure darkness.

“Oh my God!”

“What’s going on?”

“They are coming for us!”

Everyone started panicking, gluing to the person next to them. My heart was about to jump out of my chest.

“It’s alright!” Evan exclaimed, standing up, “The power went out, no big deal,”

“This isn’t a coincidence,” Jason chimed in dramatically.

“They’re coming for us,” Lau stated frightened. I was too scared to say something. Darkness and I didn’t get along, especially after watching that freaking movie.

Lightings and thunders echoed around us, adding more fear to our veins.

“It’s probably just the rain,” Nash intervened, “The power should return soon,”

“You should’ve let me leave when I could,” Jason stated, clinging to my leg for dear life.  

“Nash is right,” Nadia said but I could sense the fear in her tone, “Let’s not make a big deal of this,”

Lau snorted, “You say that but you’re gripping my arm so tightly I’m afraid I may lose it,”

I hadn’t said a word since the power went out.

Evan noticed, “Jules? Are you okay?”

“Sort of,” I mumbled.

“Helen?”

“I’m fine,” Helen muttered.

Evan sighed, “We should find some candles,”

“You go look for them, superman. I’m staying right here,” Jason informed, glued to my leg. I shook my leg off, trying to get him off.

“Let go of my leg!”

“No way!”

I rolled my eyes, grasping a fist of his hair hard, “Let go!”

“Ah!” Jason cried out in pain.

“Can we focus?” Nash said tiredly.

“Jules, where are the candles?”

I let go of Jason’s hair, “Candles? I don’t think we have candles here,”

“Really?” every said at unison.

“What? This isn’t a cemetery or sanctuary, alright?” I explained annoyed.

“What about that Ruffles altar you were planning to build?” Lau inquired.

“I was joking!” I said embarrassedly. How could she really think I could do something like that?

A thunder followed by a blinding lightening illuminated the living room for a second. The windows looked creepy; trees’ branches were making scary shadows on the glass.

“This is a classic,” Jason said, resting his head on my knee, “A group of teenagers comes to have fun in an isolated, creepy house,”

“Hey! My house is not creepy!” I defended.

“A little bit,” Nadia said, “Especially those dead flowers you have in the front yard,”

“Yeah,” everyone agreed. I shut my mouth. It was probably the fear speaking for them.

“He’s right,” Lau spoke in a story-telling voice, “This is the beginning of everything, guys. They are coming for us,”

“Shut up!” I responded, smacking her back gently, “And get off me, I can’t feel my legs,” Lau stayed where she was.

We were no longer separated individuals; we were mass of scared teenagers pulled together.

“I need to breathe,” I whined, trying to shake my two best friends off me.

“We need to get up the couch,” Nash declared in a painful tone. I bet I wasn’t the only one losing feeling in her limbs.

“I don’t like that idea,” Jason replied.

“Neither do I,” Lau’s voice was shaky.

I decided to man up and pushed them off me. I got on my feet, next to Evan.

“Everything is alright,” I affirmed, facing the couch even though I couldn’t see anyone’s face, “Let’s just look for Mom’s flashlight. I’m sure she has one in the kitchen. Who’s coming with me?”

“Me,” Evan said quickly.

“We shouldn’t separate,” Nadia stated, standing up, “That’s the first thing they do in movies and they get killed,”

“No,” Jason argued, “The ones having sex are the first to be killed, unless you two are planning to…” he trailed purposefully.

“What? Of course not!” I shook my hands in front of me.

“We should all go,” Lau added.

“Guys, the kitchen is right there,”

“Don’t our phones have flashlights?” Nash enlightened us with his wisdom.

We all let out an exasperated sigh. We were so dumb. Everyone started getting their phone out to light the living room a little. I felt safer with even that small quantity of light around.

“We should still find the flashlight. Our phones’ batteries aren’t eternal,” Nash suggested.

I was starting to relax when we heard it.

There was a noise coming from upstairs as if something had fallen on the floor. I froze, glancing up at Evan. He gave me a quizzical look.

“Did you hear that?” I asked, biting my lower lip. He nodded.

“What was that?” Nadia wondered aloud.

Then, the creepiest crawling sound I had ever heard came right from the ceiling above us. As if something heavy was being dragged around in circles in the upstairs room.

“Oh my God!” I said, jumping to Evan.

“Jules,” Nash started, “Is there some else here with us?”

I shook my head frantically, “No,”

“We are going to die,” Jason cried out scared.

Poor Helen!

At least, I had Evan to comfort me but what did she have? A chicken for a boyfriend. The dragging noise continued.

“There’s definitely something up there,” Nadia said shakily.

“Maybe it’s a cat,” Helen chimed in.

“And what is he doing? Playing twister?” Lau retorted.

“Everybody calm down,” Evan said, caressing my hair, “We should go upstairs to check,”

“We?” Jason asked, “I don’t think so,”

“Cowards die first, you know,” I reminded him evilly.

“That was just mean,” Jason grumbled.

“Come on, let’s go,” Evan said, holding my hand. We all walked behind him in a line. We reached the stairs but then we heard something coming down. Everyone stared at head, pointing out with their phone’s flashlights.

A medium ball was jumping down the stairs until it landed in our feet. We all screamed in fear, except for Evan and Nash.

“Abort mission!” Jason shouted, pulling us all back to the living room. Evan picked the ball up.

When we were safe in our little camp: My living room, we inspected the ball.

“Is this yours?” Evan asked me.

“No,”

“Are there any children close here?”

“No,” I could see the concern in his eyes.

Something really weird was going on.

God, please, help us. I promise I won’t choose any other movie in my life because apparently, I suck at it.  

We heard more noises coming from upstairs.

“We have to go upstairs and check.” Evan informed and I swallowed.

Stairs of hell, here we go.

X GU X 

A/N: Muahaha a horror filled chapter *says in a scary old man voice* What awaits for this group? Whose playing ball is that? Will they make alive? Are the Ruffles going to be eaten? Who's holding the cushion Evan used to cover his...? You must wait to find out! 

Love, creepy ball and dragging stuff,

Ariana. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.4K 354 23
Let God's promises shine on your problems. Why wait for 11:11 When God is available 24/7?
237K 4.8K 34
~HIGHEST RANKING: #1Michelle, #1Ship, #1MichelleJones, #1Peterandmichelle #1Spideychelle #1PeterandMJ~ Michelle Jones likes books, doesn't wear makeu...
29.1K 672 13
Tinh Tế Tu Yêu Giả Truyền Thuyết Thể loại:xuyên qua, thú nhân, tương lai, HE Nguồn: Hạ Nguyệt - Edit: Cáo khìn - Beta: Rồng béo Văn án: Nhan Tử Dạ là...
547K 16K 32
Cassandra Draper was abandoned by her father at age nine. For nine years her family has struggled, Tanner her brother was taken away and hasn't seen...