Riches To Rags

By QueenVictoriia

Β© Copyright 2014 All Rights Reserved. Everything she ever wanted was presented to her on a silver platter. Fr... More

Chapter 1: Riches To Rags
Chapter 2: Something New, Something Old.
Chapter 3: Accommadations
Chapter 4: Settling In
Chapter 5: Manual Labor
Riches To Rags Writing Contest!
Chapter 6: Mama Bear
Chapter 7: Assistance
Chapter 8: Doubtful Friendships
Chapter 9: The Truth v. Understanding
Chapter 10: Self Improvement
Chapter 11: On the Battlefield
Chapter 13: Clarity
Chapter 14: Papa Bear
Chapter 15: An Answer
Chapter 16: Partial Reconcile
Chapter 17: Listen
Chapter 18: Strong Woman

Chapter 12: The Storm Shall Pass

1.9K 140 13
By QueenVictoriia

Chapter 12: The Storm Shall Pass

"[...] just remember, the storm doesn't last forever. It can scare you; it can shake you to your core. But it never lasts. The rain subsides, the thunder dies, and the winds calm to a soft whisper. And that moment after the storm clouds pass, when all is silent and still, you find peace. Quiet, gentle peace."

~S.L. Jennings, Fear of Falling (Fearless, #1)

The man grabbed her by the forearm and forced her inside the apartment. When she tried to turn around, his rough hand grabbed the back of her neck to keep her facing forward. A clear sign that he didn't want her to see his face.

"Wouldn't do dat if I was you," he snarled.

His voice was laced with so much venom and hate as he continued to manhandle her. The sound of the door slamming caused her to jump in fright. This was the last thing she expected to happened to her.

"Please dont," Rae cried.

He backhanded her and she stumbled to the ground, tears forming in her eyes. Her knees hitting the floor hard, but the unbearable pain she felt in her knees and in her cheek had to be push aside to stick to the goal. To get away from her attacker. 

"You stupid bitch," he snarled. "I'll get what I want one way or another."

His voice strident, hurting her ears as she tired to crawl away. "But since I'm such a damn gentleman, I'll give you a choice."

She looked forward. Her white phone, sitting where she left it on the couch. Just a couple of feet away and she could call for help. "You can either give me what I want," he snapped. "Or I'll take what I want."

"P-please don't do this," Rae stammered with fear sketched on her face. "I'll give you money, whatever you want."

His guffaw echoed in the small room, making her wince. "Bitch you aint got no money," he mocked her. "Word on da street is you just as poor as the rest of us. The fact that you came 'round acting all sadity when you ain't even got a pot to piss in is funny."

Crawling to the couch, she snatched her phone off the couch and tried to get up, but that didn't stop him from yanking her ponytail and grabbing the phone. She heard a crash and knew that her phone was now somewhere in the room and broken into pieces. Her scalp was on fire as she tried to lessen the vice grip he hand on her. Rae couldn't stop the tears from flowing. So much pain.

He shrugged. "Ya made ya choice," he snarled.

He yanked her up and slammed her against the nearby wall. One hand around her neck, securing her from escaping, while his other had a mind and a goal of its own. When she saw his fsce she gasp in horror.

The front buckle to her jeans unfastened as she closed her eyes and continued to scream. The pressure around her neck increased as she begun to see stars. Using all her strength to fight back, she punched and kicked him. He begun to unbuckle his pants and Rae knew she couldn't stop him, but she couldn't stop fighting.

She clawed at him with her nails, trying to break skin on his hands. She wanted to cause pain so she could break free. To go across the hall to Carla or up the stairs to Levi.

Levi.

God, she had to see Levi. She had to get away to make things right with Levi. If it was her time to go, Rae felt that she needed to let Levi know that she appreciated everything that he has done for her. Being present in her life when no one else was except for Carla. Not only that, but to tell him that she really liked him more than a friend.

His hand struggled to push her jeans down. She began to lose consciousness and her eyes began to flutter shut, all hope was lost that she was ever going to see him again.

It wasn't until the pressure around her neck loosen that she fell to her knees. Rae scattered away from him on her behind. Her back hitting the back of the wall with a thud. Her hand going to her neck as she continued to cough.

When she finally opened her eyes, she saw him.

Levi stood Easy Dee, broken wood scattered around them and the leg of the chair still in his hands. Checking for a pulse, he made sure that he was alive. Even if he wished that he wasn't and hoped that he was on a fast train to hell.

He shot a glance at her. Fire which was once in his eyes were replaced with a soften look of concerned. His rage shimmering as he continued to stare back. As fast as he could move, Levi  crawled over to Rae and wrapped his arms around her. He was afraid to let her go, in strong fear of what might happen.  Easy Dee might have been knocked out cold, but he couldn't risk it. He examined her, her clothes disheveled and pants unbuttoned. Cursing, he held her tight as she continued to sob in his arms.

He had came down to apologized to Rae. Avoiding her he found to be unbearable and she didn't deserve that. The two needed talk, but when her notice the hinges  to her door slightly broken, he rushed in the door to see Easy Dee's nasty and crusty hands on her.

Levi had never felt like this in all his life. His heart shattered complete, when he saw. He saw the nasty purple bruise forming around her neck and cursed.

He let go of her and before she could understand what he was doing, Levi reach in his pocket to get his phone to call the police. Mind scrambled and in a hurry to get to Rae that he forgot to call the police before Easy Dee woke up. He was so glad that she was.

After being at the police station and filing a police report, Rae and Levi walked inside the apartment building. The area wasn't filled with traffic of people coming in and out like it normally was. When the police came, people started to opened windows and doors to see what all the commotion was about. As if her screams and shouts weren't loud enough.

Before they reached the door to the building Rae stopped walking.

"Hey, its ok" Levi asked. It was the only thing he could say. "I'm here."

He wanted to know the full details of the attack but knew two things. One, that he didn't want to have her relive the moment and two, Rae would tell him when she was good and ready. Levi figured that whenever she was ready, he would always be there to listen and comfort her. It was in that very moment that Easy Dee had his hands around her neck that he wanted more.

More than just friends, but he wouldn't voice it until the time was right. Rae had be through a lot in the last couple of days and he wanted to make sure that in the end that she was ok. The status of their relationship could be put on hold for right now.

They walked into the quiet building and walked the stairs to his apartment.

"Oh thank God!" A small voice said, stop them from going up to Levi's floor.

Rae turned around and she jumped, still on edge from recent events, but calmed down when she noticed who it was.

Carla cried as she enveloped Rae in her arms. She kissed her cheek and stood back at her, taking in Rae's appearance and making sure she was ok. 

"Child, what happened?" She cried. "Who did this to you? Are you ok? Oh God, thank you Jesus! Thank you Jesus!"

Rae held her tight and Levi begun to explain which made Carla sob.

Carla's eyes were bloodshot. An inclination that she was crying every since she heard about Rae's attack. She tried to call both Levi and Rae but their phones were going straight to voicemail. Getting home and finding out that Rae had been attack was the last thing that she wanted to hear, but she went in straight panic mode when she couldn't contact them. She tried every emergency room in the area and came up short.

"I don't want you in that apartment tonight," Carla told her.

"She could stay with me," he offered

Carla lifted her eyebrow and looked between them. "Thanks sweetheart but I think it's best for-"

"It's okay Carla," Rae spoke up. "I just want to go to sleep."

Carla didn't want to let go of her but nodded. "Call me ok?" She said. "If you need anything."

"I'll be fine," she said. The statement was more to herself then Carla.

She had to continue repeating the words over and over in her head to keep her from bursting into tears.

I'll be fine...

I'll be fine...

I'll be fine...

She watched them walk the last flight of stairs to his floor. Carla took deep breath and prayed that this didn't hinder what Rae was trying to become. A better person.

Levi unlocked his apartment, and walked in. He waited for Rae to follow but she didn't and stayed on the other side of the threshold. A nervous look was casted on her face. She was scared.

Levi reached out and grabbed her wrist. "I promise you it's ok," he whispered. "He's not gonna hurt you. Dee is in jail and no one else is gonna hurt you."

With that being said, he pulled her inside and locked the door. He watched her as she took in her surroundings. His apartment was clean for the most part since he didn't have much furniture. Flipping on the lights, he strolled more into the room.

His black bed was off in the corner, the white sheets unmade. On the other side of room was a fifty-four inch TV mounted on the wall. Just below it, a black dresser held what Rae believed to be his clothing. His kitchen was off to the side and had to stools at the bar area.

Levi went to his dresser in search for something as she continued to look around. No art, designs, or pictures were on his walls or anywhere else for that matter. Rae thought it was odd, but then again not for Levi.

He strolled back over Rae and handed  her a white T-shirt and a pair of clean black boxers. Pointing to the bathroom. "It's been a long night and I know your tired," he said. "Bathroom and everything you need is in there."

Without saying a word, she nodded and took the clothes from him. He watched as she walked slowly, but changed his mind to let her go. Blocking the path to the bathroom, he stopped her and couldn't help but cup her check in his masculine hand. His thumb caressing her jawline.

As quickly as he touched her, he let go of her, but didn't move. He continued to gaze at her, forcing his hands into his sweat pockets.

"Are you going to stay there or are you going to let me empty my bladder," she teased.

Rae wanted to be alone for just a second. Now, she wanted to show him that she was ok, when deep down she was nowhere near from being ok.

He moved from the entrance so she could have her privacy. As the two walked passed each other, he reached for her again, one hand on her waist, grabbing her attention. Their eyes connected and the very words that he wanted to say to her were lost in his mind. He wanted to tell her that he was here. Through thick and thin he would always be there for her. But as he let go of her wait and walked away, those exact words he was unable to speak to her.

Rae glanced at his retreating back as he sat on the edge of his bed. His eyes told her that he wanted to say something but he didn't. She walked inside the bathroom and softly closed the door behind her. She tossed the clothes somewhere and  grabbed the white counter tops, closing her eyes, exhaling a breath that she didn't know that she was holding.

Trying not to cry, she opened her eyes and looked at herself in the mirror. Her appearance not taking her by surprise. Having a  feeling that she would look hideous due to the nights events. Her hair loose from the ponytail and her clothes stretch out of shape. She closed her eyes as a tear escaped.

"Rae," Levi said.

She wiped her eyes and glanced up through the mirror and saw him staring at her. Rae was unaware wheb he opened the door and came in. Turning around she leaned against the sink, her gaze looking everywhere but him. When he took the few steps toward her she stood up straight.

He grabbed the side of her face and placed his lips firmly on hers. A gasp left her mouth and he used the opportunity to plunge his tongue inside her mouth. She felt so good against him as his hands carressed the sides of her, stopping at her hips and gripping her ass. He pulled her more into him as the kiss intensified.

Rae tried to push him away slightly, but all that did was make him squeeze her tighter and nibble on her bottom lip. His gazed was filled with desire. She pulled her mouth away from his devilish tongue and looked away. No, she didn't regret the kiss, but wanted to stop before things got way to heated and more complicated.

He watched her closely as she closed her eyes, but not knowing she was trying to calm her beating heart and the feelings that were brewing deep inside.

Right then, Levi made a personal vow to keep her safe. It didn't matter that Rae got on his nerves more than anyone, he knew secretly that he was falling for her and as he gazed into her beautiful brown eyes he knew it was true.

He also knew she felt what he was feeling.

He wouldn't let her go.

No matter what...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71.9K 2K 29
Book 1: The Rules of Diana Book 2: The Rules of Reid Reid Maxwell has lived in Italy for 10 years, studying art and becoming one of the most famous...
3.3K 840 18
Impressive rank - #61 out of 15.7k (Unique) When Peaky Blinders meets John wick ~~~~~~~~ Harran is a city rotting with criminals, people fighting fo...
42.8K 2.8K 35
"Does it ever drive you crazy Just how fast the night changes?.." "Yes...I agree i loved you crazily...maybe i still do...far more than crazily actua...
21.8K 973 29
Being the son of Eric Garcia one of the richest guys around , came with lots of advantages I had less to worry about like what to eat, wear or even...