Be Your Everything

By wallxflowxer

He tangled his hand in the tips of my hair and rested his chin on the top of my head, "You don't always have... More

Chapter One: Moody
Chapter Two: Family
Chapter Three: Goody Two Shoes
Chapter Four: Tutors
Chapter Five: Concerned
Chapter Six: The Boogy Man
Chapter Seven: I Know a Cute Couple When I See One
Chapter Eight: A Bit of Heart Break
Chapter Nine: Three-Pointers & Rambling
Chapter Ten: Detention? Ugh.
Chapter Eleven: Stuck In The Storm
Chapter Twelve: Perfect
Chapter Thirteen: Snow & Ice
Chapter Fourteen: Everlasting Smiles
Chapter Fifteen: Mickey D's at Midnight
Chapter Sixteen: Being Helpful
Chapter Seventeen: Bruises
Chapter Nineteen: Again
Chapter Twenty: Just Not A Good Day
Chapter Twenty-One: Surprise Surprise
Chapter Twenty-Two: Prom?
Chapter Twenty-Three: Dazed and Red-Faced
Chapter Twenty-Four: The Night
Chapter Twenty-Five: The Day
Chapter Twenty-Six: After
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Alive, Barely
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Always There
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Rules Were Made To Be Broken
Chapter Thirty: Anxious
Chapter Thirty-One: What Am I Going To Do?
Chapter Thirty-Two: Love You, 'Night.
Chapter Thirty-Three: Bad Luck
Chapter Thirty-Four: A Long Night
Chapter Thirty-Five: Chimichanga!
Chapter Thirty-Six: Home Sweet Home
Epilogue: My Everything
He Stole My Bandana (So I Stole His Heart) Preview!
Surprise: Please Read!

Chapter Eighteen: So Many Kisses

11.1K 329 128
By wallxflowxer

Chapter Eighteen:

So Many Kisses

___________________

Cameron's POV

I smiled down at Sophia's sleeping face as she rested her head on my chest. We were supposed to be working on the tree house, but someone get the idea to just lay down for a little bit. Last night was Friday night and since Matt's birthday party is tomorrow evening after church services.

I sucked in a breath and pushed a few strands of hair out of Sophia's face. She didn't even flinch as I touched her skin. She was fast asleep now and it's the middle of the day. We finally managed to get the roof and the walls up these past couple of weeks. All we really had to do was put the rope ladder down and also fix the door. I accidentally put the hinges on the wrong side of the door and the handle is on the same side of them. Yeah, I don't know why I did that. Sophia didn't even notice until we realized we had to get the door open somehow.

So that was a major blonde moment for me. No offense to all the smart blonde's out there or anything.

Sophia slowly stirring around and her eyes opened slowly. She looked up through her eye lashes at me and smiled, her cheeks turning pink.

"Sorry I fell asleep on you," She mumbled sleepily. I chuckled and kept running my fingers over her hair, "It's fine. Don't take this in a creepy way, but I like looking at you when you sleep. You make these faces and it's really cute." I said quietly. It sounds extremely corny of me to say that but it was true.

She blushed even harder and sat up so I could only see her back and her messy hair. She pulled it back into a loose ponytail and got to her feet.

Sophia put her hands out for me and I grabbed them as she helped me up to my feet.

"We're almost done," She smiled gratefully at me. I returned a smile and placed both of my hands on the sides of her face.

"I think Matt is going to love it." I said as I leaned down and kissed her softly. Sophia was such a shy person sometimes. But every time I kiss her, she kisses me back and all I want to do is deepen the kiss. Since I really want this to work between the two of us, I won't go to far.

This time, I deepened the kiss. Sophia went right along with it and then I got the feeling that she was only going with it because O was doing it to her. I broke our kiss but didn't move and inch away from her.

"You don't have to kiss me like that, Soph. I'm serious." I told her seriously although inside I was wanting more.

"No, I want to. I promise." And she's the one that kissed me. I felt her lips from a smile in the middle of our kiss and I once again deepened it. I allowed her to jump up and wrap her legs around my waist so I could just be as close as possible to her. She tangled her slim fingers in my hair as I held tight to her and spun around once to make her laugh.

I put her back down on her feet and she broke out kiss so she could wrap her arms around my torso as I did to her.

"How about that ladder?" She said aloud and I chuckled.

"Ah, I guess we should do that shouldn't we?" I said in a playful yet disappointed tone.

"Well I wouldn't have a problem doing all that again, but my little brother is inside along with my parents and I don't think they'd appreciate us making out in here." She smirked at me before walking out of the door to the tree house. I picked up the rope ladder and followed her out the door, a permanent smile on my face now.

Adam would totally call me whipped.

I helped Sophia nail the ladder to the ledge of the floor boards and we climbed down. She grabbed the wooden ladder we were using to get up there and placed it back down beside the shed outside.

We walked into the sliding doors of Sophia's house and I wishes we were still alone up her brother's tree house.

"Matt!" Sophia called throughout the house. I raised my eyebrows, "I thought we were showing him tomorrow?"

"Yeah but I thought he might want to put some things in it. I know how he is. He won't show any of his little friends his bedroom unless it has his favorite car posters in it." She told me. Matt came running down the stairs suddenly and jumped up into me. I held tightly onto him and laughed at his eagerness. Such a little boy with so much energy.

"Wanna see your tree house now?" Sophia asked him with excitement.

"Duh," Matt said as if it was obvious he wanted to, "I have been watching you guys build it for a long time and I want to play in it! That was torture, sissy!" He exclaimed.

"Gosh, Sophia! You made the poor boy wait forever!" I said sarcastically as Sophia rolled her eyes playfully.

"Let's go." She walked passed us to open the sliding doors and Matt immediately jumped out of my arms. He ran lighting speed over to the rope ladder and up inside the tree house. I slung my arm over Sophia's shoulder once she stands right beside me. She laces our fingers together with her other hand and we stand there just looking at Matt enjoy his new tree house.

"I didn't think you guys would actually build me a tree house!" Matt yelled from the open window. He had a grin that reached from ear to ear.

"I'd do anything for you," Sophia whispered to herself. Matt couldn't hear it, but he should've. I pulled her close to me and wrapped my arms around her. She nuzzled her head into my chest and I held her tighter. I know her little brother is the most important thing to her in this world and I was happy that I could help her make him happy.

"Tomorrow is his birthday." Sophia suddenly said. "He's going to be eight years old." It almost sounded like she was about to cry so I pushed her away the slightest but so I could see her face. Her eyes wouldn't meet mine. They only stayed on her baby brother as he moved and jumped around in the tree house we just finished.

"Yeah, you're gonna be so old." I joked in attempt to make her feel better. She only smiled and chuckled a little as she looked down and then back up at me. Her blue eyes were glistening as the sun hit them.

"I know it. I'm just really happy that he's still here." She said. I smiled at her even though she didn't see it from looking at Matt again and pulled into a hug once more.

*

The next morning I drove straight over to Sophia's house to help decorate for Matt's birthday party. The theme was supposed to be Cars from the Disney movie. Just as Sophia had told me, Matt had taken a few posters from when he saw the premiere of Cars and hung them up in his tree house.

Now that we had decorations and food ready, the only thing we needed was a cake. Sophia's mom ran into town to grab it and arrived just a minute before the mom's and Matt's friends arrived.

They were all a little bigger than him with more meat on their bones. For some reason, Matt looked a little pale today. It was easy to tell because Sophia and Matt were usually tan. No one else seemed to notice, so I let it go and didn't bring it up.

"Happy Birthday Matty!" Sophia sang out as she wrapped her arms around his small body and picked him up. She planted a big kiss right on his cheek and he groaned while wiping it off in disgust. She only grinned back at him.

It soon came time to sing happy birthday, eat some cake and ice cream, and then open his gifts. He had at least something from everyone. Whether it was a card with money in it or a gift wrapped in Cars wrapping paper. Mine and Sophia's gift was the biggest, and it was built into the tree in their backyard.

"Thank you, guys." Matt came up to us while we were sitting together on a chair. He tried to give us both a hug and only managed to fit his arms mostly around Sophia. I ruffled his hair and watched him run off into the kitchen with his mom.

Sophia turned her head to talk to a few relatives that showed up to celebrate with Matt. She was laughing at something one of them said while I turned my head towards the kitchen. You could see through the glass window doors and right into the kitchen. Most of the other kids were playing in the tree house or on the swings they had in their backyard.

I smiled when I saw Mrs. Belle reach down to talk to her son, until I noticed why.

He was crying and had blood pouring out of his nose. He coughed and some sprayed down the front of his shirt.

My heart started to beat faster and the only thing I could think of was that I couldn't let Sophia see that. I just couldn't.

________________

Sorry for the wait! I finally wrote this chapter and I know it's short, but I kind of needed it to end like this.

Thank you for reading!

I still have a good bit more planned for this story so don't give up!

I'd seriously appreciate feed back! Vote and comment what you think because it matters to me. I want you to like this story, okay? Thanks!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Bullet By Jess

Teen Fiction

2.9M 120K 25
“Love’s like a bullet. It’s fast. It’s furious. Sometimes you can’t see it coming. You can run from it. But you can’t dodge it. Unless someone stands...
24.9K 744 29
I quickly rushed over with my hands ready to catch Yesha the same time as they stepped back, when she dropped in my hand I gave her a smile. "Thanks...
55.6K 1.9K 45
I suddenly crashed to the floor, my papers flying everywhere "Watch where you're going, Jesus!" The middle one said and kept walking. "Hey, asshole...
3.8K 115 32
"Leo pinned me against the wall with his hips. His hands gently gripped my wrists, keeping my arms above my head against the cool brick behind me. H...