Beauty and Beast - A Wolfstar...

By withthemarauders

The classic story of Beauty and the Beast with a Marauders twist. Sirius as Belle, and Remus as the Beast, as... More

Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Five

Chapter One

1.1K 32 68
By withthemarauders

A/N: Please Read > Beginning of this chapter is the prince's backstory, I wasn't sure about putting it in, but I decided to do so in the end ?? Not sure about it, eh, feel free to skip to the introduction of Sirius if ya want ;) Anyway, thanks for taking time to read this, hope you enjoy :))

_______________________________________

Our story begins a long, long time ago, in the stunning heart of France, in a beautiful palace. Inside the palace, lived a handsome Prince and his many servants. The prince had everything his heart could desire, and yet, despite all of this, his heart was cold and cruel. He ruled over his kingdom and his servants with an iron fist, hidden by a glove of white satin. His selfishness and his arrogance hung over him like dark storm clouds. The prince taxed the villagers of the land he owned for every penny they had, in order to decorate his palace with the finest of antiques, and to fill it with the finest of people.

The prince's parties were famous throughout the country, and, though only the richest of dukes and duchesses, lords and ladies were invited, were always the talk of the village. It was the evening of one of these parties where our story begins.

The party began how every one of the prince's parties began, him welcoming his guests and showing them around his palace; this was the prime time to showcase his wealth. And, the party went on as always; the prince danced with every lady and duchess, while his friends watched with drinks in their hands. No one could have predicted what was to happen that night. But selfish people always end up with no one but them selves.

It had been halfway through a dance - the prince's favourite too -, and the sky outside had grown dark. Clouds gathered ominously there, only showing the glowing full moon. However, no one at the ball noticed, everyone was far too engrossed in the prince, including the prince himself.

Suddenly, however, the backdoors of the ballroom swung open, letting in a huge gust of wind which whistled loudly, blowing out all the candles on the walls. Following behind the rush of air was a small, hunched over figure, their face hidden by a tattered, black hood. Those who had been standing in the middle of the room had backed up to one end of it, leaving the prince in the middle where he had always been. As the figure approached the prince, they lifted their hood, to reveal the face of a withered, old man.

The old man told the prince how he had been walking all evening, how the storm was building quickly, how he only wanted a roof over his head for the night. He offered, as payment, a single, red rose, its petals still wet from the rain.

The prince all but cackled at the offer, taking the rose and throwing it to the ground in disgust, before pointing the old man to the door he had just entered from. While the crowd laughed, the old man warned the prince of his actions, but his mind remained unchanged.

It was then, that a bright, golden light erupted from the old man, his entire body hidden by the glow, which was rapidly filling the room with light. The old beggar had vanished, in his place, a tall sorcerer stood.

The prince fell to his knees in desperation, while the crowd behind him screamed and ran. The sorcerer, as punishment for his selfishness, put a curse on the prince and the palace, transforming him into a horrifying, wolf-like beast.

The sorcerer did, however, allow a way for the curse to be lifted. If the prince could learn to love another, and earn their love in return, he, and his servants would be freed. If he hadn't done so by the time the last petal of the single rose fell, he would remain a beast, forever.

The sorcerer's final curse was to ensure the palace, and all who lived there, were forgotten about by the rest of the world. As years went by with not a single visitor, the prince and his servants lost hope; for who could ever learn to love a beast?

*******

Sirius awoke that day, as he did every day, to the familiar sound of birds cheeping outside his window. Slowly, he blinked open his eyes to meet the blinding light that was spilling through his window. Once his eyes had adjusted, he looked around the room. He wasn't sure why he did it, he knew the room better than the back of his hand. And yet, he always did it, perhaps subconsciously hoping for something new to show itself. But no, as always, it was the same old room he had woken up to every day of his life.

Sighing, Sirius sat up and rubbed the sleep from his eyes, before lifting himself up out of his warm blankets. The sensation of standing up too quickly overcame him, and he swayed a moment or two on the spot to rid himself of it. Once back to normal, Sirius dressed, and, after washing his face in the basin, made his way out of the house and headed towards the market as he did every Saturday morning.

The sound of the birds tweeting grew quieter as they were outdone by the rowdy sound of the market. Bells around the necks of cattle echoed throughout the village, while salesmen and women shouted their offers. Sirius furrowed his eyebrows at this. He had no idea why they continued to announce what they were selling; it was always the same.

First, he passed the baker, carrying a large tray of loafs and buns, exactly the same as before. Then there was the fishmonger, standing behind her counter of fish upon fish. She was followed by the butcher, a large man heaving a great carving knife. Among the crowd Sirius spotted the headmaster, who was followed by about ten little boys in blue uniforms. Then he spotted Mr Frank - Sirius had never learned the man's last name - who, typically, was searching hopelessly through the crowd.

"Mr Frank. Have you lost something again?", Sirius asked, though he already knew the answer.

"I'm afraid I have. I just can't remember what it is I've lost", he mused, patting his pockets.

"I'm sure it'll come to you", Sirius replied, the same reply he always used.

"What's that you have there?", Mr Frank asked, gesturing towards the leather-bound book Sirius held in his hand.

"I'm returning it to the library. It's about a little orphan boy who's destined the save the world from a dark wizard", Sirius answered, glancing fondly at the book. Mr Frank huffed.

"Sounds boring", he sighed. Sirius only shook his head in amusement, before turning on his heel and making a beeline for the library he knew so well.

Stepping inside, Sirius heard the familiar bell ring out above his head as the door swung open. The shop was small, but really, it had no need to be any bigger; Sirius was the only villager who visited the place. There were a few bookshelves, as many as could fit inside the room. Though the shelves were not full; Sirius had read every book that was there at least three times over. In one corner of the room, halfway up a wooden ladder, was the librarian, who smiled at the sight of Sirius.

"You read that quickly", he chuckled, nodding to the book in Sirius' hand.

"It's my favourite", Sirius responded, sighing wistfully.

"Well, if you like it so much then it's yours", the librarian said, while grabbing some books and climbing up the ladder again to put them in their places.

"Really?", Sirius answered, hugging the book tightly to his chest. The librarian nodded kindly, before Sirius swept out of the shop, the bell ringing once again as he left.

As he left the shop, Sirius felt all eyes of the villagers fall on him. It was safe to say they didn't entirely understand his obsession with the little library on the corner of the street, nor his obsession with the little books he brought out of there. However, Sirius was used to the odd looks the villagers threw him, and continued walking through them with his face turned down to the pages before him. Turning a corner, Sirius mentally slapped himself for taking the route which passed the dress shop. As if on cue, three pretty maidens popped up at the window, shooting daggers at him as he passed. Once they were behind him, Sirius heard them whisper and giggle to each other.

"Well, he may be handsome", he heard one say, though he knew it to be no compliment.

"But he's just so odd", he heard another one continue, before all three of them burst into a fit of giggles. Perhaps if he hadn't heard their comments every day of his life for as long as he could remember, Sirius would be offended.

Meanwhile, over in the distance, Madame Gaston sat atop her horse with a telescope in her hand. Madame Gaston was, as most of the village would say, beautiful. She was tall, and her dark locks framed her pretty face perfectly. She was certainly popular amongst the male population of the village. Though she was beautiful, Sirius saw straight through her, unlike the rest of the village. He saw the cruel, vain side of her, which no else seemed to able to see. They were all too distracted by her looks. Beside her, also atop a horse, sat her assistant, Dorcas, a small, mousy girl. She was far from ugly; however, she was certainly outshone by her comrade.

"Look at him, Dorcas", Madam Gaston sighed, handing Dorcas the telescope, "He's perfect, isn't he?". Dorcas lifted the telescope to her own eye to see the dark-haired man with a book in hand Gaston had been pining over for so long.

"Well, he may be handsome", Dorcas said, "But he's so, well read. And you're so, um, vaniteux".

"Yes, I am rather stunning, aren't I?", Madam Gaston answered, urging her horse forwards. Dorcas followed, deciding it better not to correct her translation.

"Sirius is the most handsome man in the village. And that makes him the best", Gaston continued, "I'll make him my groom, you can be certain of that".

*****

"What do you mean you'll never marry me?", Madame Gaston groaned, affronted. Gaston had taken it upon herself to give Sirius a visit, uninvited, as usual. She now stood on his doorstep, trying her best to keep the door between them open just a little longer.

"I meant what I said, Madame", Sirius replied, backing through the door of his house, "I will never marry you, I'm sorry". Sirius finished his sentence by slamming the door shut before Gaston could force her way in. He didn't let go of the door handle until he was sure she had left.

Behind him, Sirius heard a chuckle. Turning on his heel, Sirius rolled his eyes at his hysterical brother, who's amusement had distracted him from his work.

"It's not that funny", Sirius huffed, folding his arms.

"Oh, but it is", Regulus answered, finally calming down and turning back to his work.

"Can you imagine? Me? The husband of her", Sirius groaned, collapsing on a nearby chair, "Monsieur Gaston? Can't you just see it?". Regulus shook his head in disgust.

"I want adventure, Regulus", Sirius continued, "Everything here is always the same". Regulus, who had heard this from Sirius countless times before, simply shook his head in sympathy. Silence fell upon the pair for a while, before Sirius broke it again.

"Regulus, do you think I'm odd?". Regulus looked up from his work, puzzled.

"My brother? Odd?", he answered.

"The villagers. They talk", Sirius said, staring fixatedly at his lap.

"Only I am allowed to call you odd", Regulus said, earning a chuckle from his brother. "This is a small town, Sirius. Small minded. But small, also means safe". Sirius sighed.

"I'm going to head upstairs", he said, while Regulus nodded in response.

Sirius climbed the rickety stairs up to his bedroom, where he placed his book upon his bedside table and made the bed which he had forgotten to do earlier that morning. Then, he made his way over to the window, and pushed open the wooden shutters, letting in a cool breeze.

Leaning against the window ledge, Sirius allowed his gaze to scan over the village, and fall upon the tall hill surrounded by green fields and trees on the distance. Sirius wondered what lay ahead of those fields, behind those trees; if there were just more villages like his, or if there were new, unexplored lands. He recalled parts of the book he had placed on his bedside; of an old, enchanted castle, filled with mystery and adventure. Reeling himself back from his thoughts, Sirius sighed. There was no enchanted castle beyond the distance, besides, he was stuck in a small, enclosed village; he'd never find one even if there was.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

796K 23.5K 63
"Real lifeမှာ စကေးကြမ်းလွန်းတဲ့ စနိုက်ကြော်ဆိုတာမရှိဘူး ပျော်ဝင်သွားတဲ့ယောကျာ်းဆိုတာပဲရှိတယ်" "ခေါင်းလေးပဲညိတ်ပေး Bae မင်းငြီးငွေ့ရလောက်အောင်အထိ ငါချ...
175K 3.8K 25
"I only fuck girls who want to be fucked, flipped over and banged, Sunshine and..." "And that's what I want, daddy. Exactly what I want from you." * ...
664K 35.3K 20
𝐒𝐡𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐚 𝐑𝐚𝐣𝐩𝐮𝐭 𝐱 𝐑𝐮𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐤𝐬𝐡 𝐑𝐚𝐣𝐩𝐮𝐭 ~By 𝐊𝐚𝐣𝐮ꨄ︎...
2.4M 141K 46
"You all must have heard that a ray of light is definitely visible in the darkness which takes us towards light. But what if instead of light the dev...