Shades Darker | BWWM

By emani_jasmine

After a brutal act of police brutality, the most important figure in Kendra Lyon's life is ripped away from h... More

{Intro~Shades Darker}
5:45 am ✨ {Edited}
Vanilla & Chocolate ✨ {Edited}
Collisions ✨ {Edited}
Mr. Humanitarian ✨ {Edited}
Sibling Wars ✨ {Edited}
Vanilla Psychos ✨ {Edited}
Starstruck ✨ {Edited}
Friendships & Betrayals ✨ {Edited}
Whew the Ignorance ✨ {Edited}
Can Black Girls Blush ✨ {Edited}
Weekend Antics ✨ {Edited}
Trouble in Costco ✨ {Edited}
Academic Woes ✨ {Edited}
Great Divide ✨ {Edited}
A Damaged Sterling ✨ {Edited}
Fatality ✨ {Edited}
Stay Woke Bitches ✨ {Edited}
Naked & Paralyzed ✨ {Edited}
Uncharted Territory ✨
White Privilege Jokes ✨
From Sweet to Sour ✨
Cheating Bastards ✨
Drama-Filled ✨
Secret Phone Calls ✨
Ms. Honey Blonde ✨
Talking Reckless ✨
Girl Talk ✨
Shot of Victory ✨
An Ugly Spirit ✨
Under His Skin ✨
authors || note
There's No Fix ✨
Dreaming of Christmas ✨
I Don't Kiss Jackasses ✨
Baby Steps ✨
Peer Pressure ✨
Matchmaker pt.1 ✨
Matchmaker pt.2 ✨
Soul Check ✨
A Free Period ✨
Frozen Cherry Therapy ✨
Letting Him Go ✨
Keeping Promises ✨
Tales of a Broken Heart ✨
South Hill Cemetery ✨
Movie Night ✨
Broken Pieces ✨
An Unexplainable Quality ✨
Bug Spray ✨
This One Hurt Like a Bitch ✨
Checkmate Bitch ✨
Boo Boo the Fool ✨
Unexpected Guidance ✨
The Moment of Truth ✨
authors || note
A Love Betrayed ✨
sequel time!!!

Open Your Eyes ✨

6.8K 453 192
By emani_jasmine

"Did you finish your college essay?" Sophia questions as she drizzles chocolate syrup on my frozen yogurt. I huff taking it from her, "Nope I don't have anything to write about" I confess while handing her a $5 dollar bill.

It's my day off and since I had nothing else to do today I decided to come visit Sophia. Talking things out with her makes me feel better.

She sucks her teeth, "Kendra, I know you are not trying to tell me you have nothing to write about, what do you preach about 25/8?" She questions and I chuckle.

"I know but it's a lot of pressure there is so much I want to talk about and little time to actually write it" I continue and Sophia tells me that I just need to make a list of important things that have happened in my life.

The only thing that I could think of that has really impacted my life is my father's death. Other than that the rest of my life ain't even all that.

"I know what you could write about" Sophia shares while staring ahead of me.

I follow her stare and when I see Jermaine standing at the door waiting for me I chuckle and turn back to Sophia.

"You're a mess!" I tell her and she flips her hair.

"Child mess or not that boy is damn good looking you better lock that down before someone else do" She suggests and I tell her Jermaine ain't going nowhere.

"Bitch" She says with a laugh and I tell her it's true.

"You might not think he'll go somewhere but trust me men have an attention span of a fruit fly" She tries and I scoff.

"Men or boys as in the little boys you like to entertain?" I question with a smirk and her jaw drops.

"Kendra Renee Lyon do not make me flip over this counter cause you know my hands work" She threatens and I tilt my head.

"Again Chicago," I say while pointing to myself.

"Birmingham Alabama" Then pointing to her.

She sucks her teeth and tells me to get off her line she don't wanna talk to me. I blow her a kiss and turn to leave. Jermaine and I walk side by side out of the store and begin walking around.

"So why have you been avoiding me?" He asks out of the blue and I dip my spoon in my yogurt and put it in my mouth looking away.

I haven't been avoiding Jermaine I just haven't been speaking to him as much. After the party I wanted to keep a distance from him and Cole. The tension that brewed was far too strange.

"I wasn't avoiding you I was just giving you space" I lie. He stays quiet and then looks to me, "Do you wanna try that again?" He questions and I ask him what.

"It's legit" I defend and he narrows his eyes.

"Are you deadass, you wanted to give me space?" He questions and I nod my head.

"Things got crazy at the party" I remind him and he scoffs.

"That lil shit with Cole, ain't nobody worried about that nigga" He responds and I suck my teeth.

"I know that but I'm just saying there was tension"

"Becuase bro really think your his girl talking about oh 'how long ya'll been talking' like nigga it's none of your fucking business" He goes off and for the first time Jermaine seems pissed off.

I stop him, "What's your problem"

"Are you really asking me that?" He questions surprised.

"Well something not adding up so yeah, two and two not coming together to make four"

"Because we're at a three right now and are you seriously trying to defend him?"

I shake my head, "Of course not"

"Kendra it's obvious he likes you, you know how I know?" "Because someone can always tell when someone else wants their girl" He explains and I roll my eyes.

"I think you're being dramatic" I say.

"And I think you're being naive" He snaps back.

I widen my eyes at him wondering who the fuck he thinks he's talking to, "Open your eyes Kendra, he likes you" He states and walks away.

^.^.^

On the way home all I could think about was what Jermaine had said. There is no way in hell Cole likes me, he's annoying as fuck!

I set my bag down on the floor and take a seat on my bed. Laying back on my bed I hear a knock at my door and David and Keon comes in dressed in shorts and a jersey.

"Where were y'all we were waiting" David demands while pulling the basketball from behind him.

I shrug my shoulders, "Jermaine isn't really happy with me right now so he went home" I tell them and Keon asks why.

"Shit that happened at Iris's party involving Cole" I answer and David rolls his eyes.

"He's still on the shit, he's starting to sound like a lil bitch now" He comments and Keon just seems lost.

"I'm sorry what happened?" He asks and once I explain the situation to him he actually laughs.

"Tell that nigga it's not that serious, grow a pair and come ball out next time", and with that Keon leaves the room but David stays behind.

"Does Jermaine really think you would ever choose Cole over him I mean come on now" David asks and I agree with him.

He takes a seat on my floor and I lay back in my bed, "God I just want to graduate and get away from all these people" I confess and he agrees.

"Facts"

I breathe and check my watch, "Aren't you and Nicole going out?" I question and David throws his head back.

"Yeah, I'm taking her to dinner because she complains we never go anywhere" He tells me and I just say oh.

He stares at me, "Don't be a snitch and tell her that too" He demands and I put my hands up.

"Whatever, it's yall business anyways" I reply and with that David gets up off the floor and heads out closing my door.

I roll over onto my side and begin to feel sleepy. My eyes begin to drift close and then my phone dings. I use my hand to look for it and when the screen comes up it's Cole. I instantly sit up and read it.

From: Sterling

Did you do the homework?

Homework? This nigga been m.i.a for days and the first thing he asks for is homework?

Where have you been?

I await his response and when the three bubble things come up I hold my phone a little closer.

From: Sterling

Out

Well, a no duh!

You've missed a lot and my grades are suffering for it what the hell!

I add plenty of angry emojis and gifs so there is no miscommunication, I am pissed at him.

From: Sterling

Do you have the homework or not?

Oh I have something for you alright!

Rolling my eyes I pull out all the work we've done these past few days and send it to him. I await a thank you and when it comes I just want to ask him questions.

What the hell was all that?

Why hasn't he been to school?

What is he doing?

Taking a breath I send him a text.

Are you good bro? U been acting real funny these last few days?

I press send and sit back and twiddle my thumbs waiting for him to respond. Ding!

From: Sterling

Nothing you'll care about just worry about yourself

What that mean?

From: Sterling

It means worry about yourself and not me you've made it very clear that you don't fuck with me so just stop

I'm just making sure you're good bro and not contemplating your life

From: Sterling

I'm contemplating a lot of things and just like a couple weeks ago when Queen was talking all that shit and you felt bad about it, do you feel bad now?

Ain't nobody feeling bad for your sorry ass!

I add an annoyed emoji and wonder to myself is this guy on his period, all I did was ask a question why he acting like a little bitch?

From: Sterling

So if you don't feel sorry for me than why are you still talking to me? You coulda sent the homework and that be that?

You know what my bad next time you get thrown in the pool and come out crying like a lil bitch I won't hit you up!

I swipe out of my imessages and I feel angry in my blood. I growl/yell in frustration because obviously Cole is going through some shit. That is the only explanation! Rolling my eyes I lay back down and decide to take a nap. Maybe when I wake up things will make sense.

A/N: New update! My bad yall I've been doing college stuff all damn week and I have some free time so why not update! Thanks for reading even though I haven't been able to update ya'll are still supporting by adding to your reading lists and voting so thanks, love ya bunches!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 66 25
One moment, one second, one look. That was all it took to turn Alya's world upside down. When Alya finds her boyfriend of 2 years in bed with someone...
44.8K 3.5K 32
This book in its entirety is dedicated to victims of police brutality. Especially those didn't get the justice that they deserved. To all the hashtag...
15.4K 339 78
It's not always Black and White. Two potential lovers, who never realised how much they needed each other until they met. Bea, a black girl in a pred...
6.5K 236 30
❝Suddenly, being powerful and rich didn't seem so perfect anymore. It was a place full of pretence and farce. A place where the wealthy controlled th...