Cold heart, Black night

By SookieDavenport11

Lara's never been wanted. Passed around like a cigarette between kids, she's figured that she's never to be l... More

Cold heart, Black night
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Fourteen

103 3 3
By SookieDavenport11

Good Evening, Good afternoon, good morning to all you wattpadders! I haven't written any of Cold Heart in so long, i've had enough exams to send me crying to the cows, and so i've been a little absent. However, now i've got more time on my hands, i'll definitely be updating more regularly. This chapter is back in Lara's point of view, just so you know, and is a little bit of a filler chapter, leading up to the wedding of Sam and Her. Hope you enjoy :)

Votes and comments would be lovely, bitches!

-- Sookie

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Fourteen

I felt so stupid. What the hell was I thinking, dry humping Will? My brain wrestled with itself as arguments flew back and forth in my mind. I never knew I needed to be a virgin, how the hell would I have guessed? God, I had no self control around him. Even though he annoyed the backbones out my ass, he was still a total beauty and made me feel like I wanted him at any time, all of the time. He was a dick like that. At least now I knew the whole thing he’d spun on me had been an act. Showed how much of a god damn player he was, really. Asshole.

When I left Emelle’s perfectly prim room, complete with slutty underwear thrown across the room and random vials of drugs, I avoided Will like the plague, as he did me. When dinner was called in the dining room, we sat at opposite ends of the table, not saying a word to each other. I caught him giving me huge proud smirks a number of times, but I only returned them with death stares. He could go die, even though he was already dead.

Emelle and Sam didn’t join us for dinner. I’d wondered where they’d gotten to, it’d been over three hours. When the human girl, around nineteen with frizzed ginger hair came and sat on my lap, her eyes dead with compulsion and excitement, I only thought about what they could be doing as I bit into the skin of her neck. Her tangy blood tasted like oranges to me, and I quite enjoyed the taste. She moaned in pain a little, but that only made me suck harder. Before I knew it, she was drained and slumping pale and cold on the ground. Shame. I was having trouble with control lately, apparently.

Will drained two human girls, both appearing to me like strippers. They had no shortage of them here in the underworld. As we drove through the streets of Tenebrae, it was only a matter of time before you saw one of the Brothels. There’d be a few half naked vampire sluts standing on the side of the road, totally high on drugs and looking like scum more than ever. They’d look hungry and starved, their black eyes always bulging, carrying big purple bags underneath. Will had once mentioned to me that Emelle had come from a brothel, in her early days. She’d apparently caught the eye of Sam, and that’s how she turned demon. Huh. Freaky.

After dinner, I had literally nothing to do. I wondered around the cabin, bored out my mind. Sam and Emelle still hadn’t come home, and the awkwardness was beginning to wear towards fighting talk between Will and I. I ate another human, my throat burning like shit. I watched TV. I played twister with two of my handmaids, Poppy and Molly. After another hour past, I was beginning to panic. I knew it would be seriously hard to take down the King of the underworld and his whore, but who knows? I’d had enough weird stuff happen to me in the last week to believe that anything could happen. So I decided to go out and look for them.

I pulled on a pair of hot pants and a dark red sweater, that being the only thing in my wardrobe that wasn’t either underwear or skimpy little nightdresses, and went out into the wintery snow. It was only lightly snowing, but looking at the sky I could tell it would easily get worse within the next hour, and with the snow coming up to my mid-calf already, I had no idea how we’d possibly get a car through in order to get back to the palace.

I trudged down the hill to the lake, checking out my surroundings as I did. It was so beautiful, like a place you’d come to as a kid and expect Santa to turn up within three minutes, accompanied by loads of tiny little elves. I used to get so excited at Christmas as a kid. Obviously being an orphan, I always got loads of presents too, because people felt so sorry for me. I loved it. It kind of put a downer on things knowing I wouldn’t have Christmas anymore. It wasn’t like you could celebrate Jesus’s birthday in Hell, could you?

It didn’t take long before I heard noises. I walked the mile down to the lake, and I knew they were there before I could see them. Moans and groans sounded out in the trees, and when I got there finally, I saw that sure enough there was Emelle, sucking the living dead out Sam. They were both naked, Emelle lying on top of him, blood covering them head to toe. I stood behind a tree, feeling totally perverted but really interested at how their eyes had turned a bright crimson. I thought about leaving them to it before something worth staying for happened.

‘Oh, fuck it Sam, I love you. I love you so much.’ I heard Emelle shout out, after a few gasps had sounded, and they’d stopped. My mouth dropped open in surprise, and it took a lot for me to not just burst out laughing. Emelle? Love? HAHA!

There was a silence at first, and then I heard someone get up. I stole a quick glance and saw that Sam had stood up and had began to pull his jeans on, Emelle still naked and bloody, sitting confused in the snow. ‘Get dressed.’ He says, tossing her his shirt. She pulls it on, standing up. It comes just to her thighs, covering her up enough so that I felt comfortable enough to look.

‘What, Sam? I do. There’s no point hiding it.’ She says, her voice small. His silence toward her leaves me shudder all over, and I see a tear fall down her cheek. In that moment, I actually feel sorry for her.

‘There is a point in hiding it, Emelle.’

She looks to the floor, tears flowing, her voice cracking. ‘But I’ve done that for so long, and I can’t… I can’t do that anymore, I..’

‘Look, you know it can’t be like that between us. It never can be like that.  We can only go so far before you need to draw a line and stay on the other side of it.’ He says, looking beautifully cold and hard at her. The look on his face makes my stomach do frightened flips.

I see her fists ball up. ‘No, Sam, that’s bullshit and you know it. I know you feel something. You’re not as cold as you try to be, you know. No matter how many wives you have to get rid of, I know what we have has gotten you through all of it.’

‘We don’t have anything, except great sex and great friendship Emmy, that’s how it is and how its going to stay.’ He says, leaning against a tree, topless and bloody. She’s standing close to him, her face full of anger and passion. My feet shuffle uncomfortably in the snow as things heat up between them. I wasn’t sure if I should leave. I’d already heard some stuff I don’t think I was meant to have. Was he really going to… get rid of me?

‘What, then? You’re just going to marry Lara and pretend like everything’s dandy? I know you can’t stand the sight of her. She’s too much like Amanda. I know how it pains you, Sam, and you need me for that. Don’t just stand there and act like this is all one sided, you big headed prick!’

He laughs loudly, tipping his head back. ‘She is nothing like Amanda, trust me. Besides, why do you bring Lara into this? She’s just another woman to put a ring on, she’ll go as quickly as she came. The only reason she’s here in the first place was because of the agreement her whore of a mother broke. Next week I’ll marry her and yes, everything will be dandy, because she’s fulfilled her job description. You on the other had, are not. Emelle, you’re my friend, my best one at that. Why can’t you just be cold and heartless like normal, I like you much better that way.’

She growls and throws a rock at him, making his chest bleed and heal up within three seconds. ‘Now, there’s no need to get violent, is there?’ He tuts, sarcastically.

‘Why can’t you understand? WHY? After everything I’ve done for you, for over eight hundred years- you still can’t see the reason I did it for? I did it because I LOVE YOU, Sam. I always have, you asshole.’ Before He can retort something back, she storms off, running off with tears fresh on her cheek. So Emelle could feel something other than orgasam.

I start to shuffle off myself, knowing that Sam would hardly be in the best of moods. I back away slowly, but then his glance comes my way, and I lock eyes with him. His mouth pulls down into a frown.

‘You can come out now, Lara.’ He says, staring me down. I feel a flush come to my cheeks.

‘Is it safe?’ I say, and he snorts with humourless laughter.

‘No guarantees.’

I wonder out, jumping over the frozen lake, and sitting on the bank. He comes and joins me, sitting down beside. I eye up the mass of bloody snow and the remains of Emelle’s lacy dress. ‘Looks like you had fun.’

‘I’ve had better.’ He mutters. ‘I’m guessing you eavesdropped the whole of the conversation then, huh?’

‘Pretty much. I came down looking for you, and discovered…well, this.’

‘She’s never like this. I seriously don’t understand it. Flipping women.’

I burst out laughing, and he raises an eyebrow at me. His face is impossibly gorgeous. ‘Who would’ve thought. Evilest man alive having relationship issues.’

‘I don’t have relationships.’ He says, unamused, cold and hard.

I throw some snow at him, and he does back. ‘God, how stupid can you be, Sam? She obviously wants more.’

‘Why now though?’

‘Because…I don’t know.’ I do, but it would sound bad to say.

‘Yes you do.’ He says, unconvinced and with a glint in his now blue eyes. ‘Please, tell.’

I sigh. ‘She feels threatened. I guess she doesn’t like the idea of you shacking up with any other woman. Including myself. I’m pretty sure that’s why she hates me. Because she bananas for you.’

‘She’s bananas for me?’

‘Erm, yes. She is.’

‘Right. Well, that’s not my fault.’

‘Yes it is.’

‘How? Well, I guess my amazing looks are pretty hard to resist, but…’

I growl in laughter and frustration, and throw more snow at him, before he shoves me over. I build up a huge ball of snow and throw it hard onto his torso, making him sarcastically scream like a girl. We get into a little fight before another question pops into my head.

‘Are you really going to get rid of me?’ I say, and he stops smiling for a second.

‘You don’t have to worry about that just yet.’

I stay silent, sloshing a hand full of snow to water in my hand. ‘Will you kill me?’ I say quietly.

‘Like I said,’ He begins to walk up the hill after a few moments hesitation, and a scowl crosses his face.  ‘You don’t have to worry about that just yet.’

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

631K 34.6K 67
Time didn't matter to her. She got up when the sun did and tried to sleep when the sun went down. because of this seemingly endlessness, she's forgot...
8.9K 308 38
Abandoned and abused Kylie attempts to grapple with the hand that life has unfairly dealt her and mend her broken heart at the same time. Soon she fi...
5.7K 40 27
Jaci Garcia just wants to be normal. Have a normal family, friends, and day to day routine but all that's kind of hard to do with died parents. Being...
5.8K 289 29
Drew's entire kingdom requires her to be queen. Almost immediately after her parents died Drew is thrown into a world she wasn't nearly ready for. Sh...