Splatoon 2: Octo Rising

By Yoshistar_Writes

Agent 4 has to be one of the hardest roles to fill in the world. On a peaceful day in inkopolis a young inkli... More

Before we start...
1) The beginning
2) Fatefull encounter
3) Wrong decision
4) Reunion
6) Battle 1
7) Aftermath
8) Torn apart
9) Earlier...
10) ...Now...
11) ...A little after now...
12. ...After
13. Freindly sighting
14.Detective work
15. Broken freindship
16. Celebration/news
17. Family matters
18. Alliance
19. Spy
20. Turf...
21. ...War
22. Revival
23. Battle 2
24. Break
25. Big story, minor details
26. Development and Bonding...
27. ...With you
28. Luka, Koy,
29. and Rachel
30. Proper Apology
31) Mission
32. Apology finished
33) Vote
34. Message
35. Secrecy...
36. ...And Mystery
37. Stress
38. Present
39. Battle 3
40. Hero
41. Backround...
42. ...story
43. Reaction
44. Tess...
45) ...And Koy
46) Betrayal
47) Value
48. Interruption
49) Turn for the worst
50) Shower
51) Torture
52) Seeker
53) Mask
54) Zen and Rose
55) Pearl and Marina
56) Build up
57) Battle 4
58) Thoughtless celebration
59) Kill
60) Victim
61) Escape
62) Summary
63) Leading to...
64) ...The truth
65) friendship
66) Delicate situations
67) Empty Search
68) Sacrifice
69) Vengence
70) Result
71) lost sacrifice
72) Worrying choices
73) Disappearing Power
74) agent 4...
75) ...and Marie
76) Awaited Confrontation
77) Battle 5
78) Epilogue
...Before We Finish
A continuation Appears!

5) Training

310 12 9
By Yoshistar_Writes

Tess' POV:

As I left Marie I looked back only to see her disappear as usual, she was the same as always. I smiled whilst putting my hands in my pockets. I felt something scrunched up in my hands. As I picked it up I realised exactly why I went to go to Marie in the first place.

"WHY DO I REMEMBER NOW OF ALL THINGS?!"

I looked back and ran back to the sewer, she was gone. I realised that maybe I should return next week, if I went to her then she may get mad again. I walked back to the centre of the plaza. I was really bored now, I hadn't planned my day fully so I looked around and I suddenly noticed who was standing in front of me, it was Koy.

"Hey, Koy!"

He couldn't notice me, I walked up to him, he seemed to be looking at his phone for something. I waved my hand in front of his face, he looked back at me with a surprised face.

"Hey Tess, you've got a good eye for spotting people!"

"Hey what's up, long time no see"

"Long time no see indeed, I've heard your getting better at turf wars now. I'm getting tempted to ask for a rematch now y'know..."

I looked at Koy surprised, "sorry to ask but who exactly told you this?"

"Oh it was your friend...Joe, was his name..."

I sighed, it was classic for Joe to be doing this type of stuff, I guess he wanted me to look good in front of Koy.

"You up for turf wars now?"

"Not today sorry, I'm gonna wait for some friends till we can have a turf battle but I do have a favour to ask you..."

"What's that exactly?"

"Every month or so the famous band off the hook do a festival called a splatfest, these usually consist of people voting for teams on things and battling over them like the last one which was cake vs ice cream, they're really fun. my question is this: when the next splatfest takes place I would like another turf war with you!" He grinned, "Can you do that?"

I looked at Koy expressionless, he was serious, "Ok then, we'll see...rival!"

Koy gave out a smirk and decided to put his phone away, "guess we are rivals then, I'm pretty sure another band used to do the splatfests. I think their name was... The squid sisters?"

As soon as Koy mentioned the band I realised exactly what Koy was talking about, the squid sisters were a band that ringed in my ear but I couldn't remember who they were. I quickly got out my phone, ignoring Koy standing right in front of me, "oh carp, no data!" Did I just use Marie's same pun?

I turned back at Koy, "Koy I have to go, it was nice seeing you!"

"Nice seeing you too?"

I dashed out of the conversation and ran straight Home...

______________________________________________________________________

Back at home:

As I slammed the door to my room I quickly got on my family laptop, making sure to enter the password I typed in the squid sisters on the Internet and soon I saw Marie on it, as I scrolled down I could only see some websites which talked about an interview that happened 2 days ago, it must have been straight after Marie told me I wasn't on the mission to save the zapfish anymore.

I stopped scrolling down when I suddenly realised that the video of the interview was on the website I clicked on the video on the Internet and watched as much as I could muster but each time Marie flopped a question I couldn't help but burst out laughing,  it wasn't that I was being mean or anything, it's the fact that she was so strict on me and yet when she goes on interviews she seems to not really fit in.

As soon as I stopped laughing to take it seriously I continued watching through the video but 2 minutes on in the video I got a call from Rachel on my phone.  I picked it up, it was a text:

"Hey Tess, are you up for training to get stronger at turf wars.  Joe made the mistake of telling Koy your really good at it so now let's train to get to level 10 so you can prove it!"

I gave out a long sigh and headed downstairs, it was time for me and Rachel to train...

I had arrived at humpback pump track before Rachel, it was pretty boring waiting for her but I had to at least give her a chance.

Humpback pump track was a stage which was just a skating arena, it had normal skating features like the curves for going up the place and the sides were a place you could go around to the enemy's base easily and splat people, it was my personal favourite stage.

The skate park was closed for the day but Rachel managed to get permission to enter the place, everyone seemed to like her which may link to how I became her friend. I sat down spamming messages to Rachel on when she would arrive, she didn't reply. As a few minutes passed I began to start leaving, I moved my legs away from the spawn point but as I left the spawn point made a noise, It flickered and fizzed.

I stood back, dualies in hand ready to face what was going to happen and as a figure formed out of the spawn point it turned out to be Rachel. She was the same colour as me and as she looked at me she gave out a smile.

"Hey Tess, you ready for training?"

"Just asking but why are you late and also why are you purple like me, shouldn't you be an opposite colour so you can fight me?"

"Sorry Tess, I had to be the same colour because of the electricity issue that's happening, if I splat you we could waste our limited power. Also I was late because I was figuring out how to get here without wasting too much of the remaining electricity."

I gave out my third sigh of the day, Rachel can sometimes be too perfect.

"So how should we train?"

"Here's how, can you teach me how to use the dualies and in exchange I'll teach you how to use the roller?"

"So this was a scheme for you to learn the dualies?"

Rachel blushed, "no, I just need to get stronger in turf wars...because people normally stop using rollers in ranked. "

I looked at Rachel, she had gotten us into this skatepark in a closing hour just to learn how to use the dualies, I came up with a mission in my mind as soon as she said that. If we can both learn how to use different weapons we could both reach level 10 in the upcoming splatfest and end up going to the ranked battles.

"Hey Rachel, lets train so that we can get to level 10 in the upcoming splatfest!"

"OH MY GOSH, THATS SUCH A GOOD IDEA!!!"

Rachel started jumping about but before I could calm her down she used the ink I splatted and swam her way to the centre of the stage, "HEY WAIT!".

I ran after Rachel forgetting I could have just swam there as a squid, as I came up to Rachel, she had pulled out some dualies from her bag, "what do you think Tess?  I managed to get this with my pocket money!"

"If I didn't know better I would have said you were spoiled."

"Come Tess, teach me how to do a dodge roll!"

I looked at Rachel shocked at what she just asked, "I don't think you can learn today Rachel, it took me a whole week to learn how to do a dodge ro-"

"It took you a week, it'll take me a day, you know I'm a fast learner!"

I stood still at Rachel's last remark, my friends have known me for being a person that takes time to learn stuff but Rachel was the exact opposite of me, she could learn anything in a space of half an hour.

"Ok, FINE!!!"

I spent the next half an hour trying to get Rachel to hold the dualies properly, she didn't like how you had to put the dualie straps behind you and not in front. 

"Ok the good thing about the dualies is that you can sometimes shoot in two different directions but most people tend to shoot in one direction as it makes it hard to focus, becuase you have two guns you can shoot ink at a person and splat them quicker then the other weapons. Plus you don't have to go too close to an opponent to splat them"

"One at a time please, can you at least teach me slowly?"

"I thought your a fast learner?"

"Exactly the point, if you talked slowly I could have told you I knew half of how to do those things."

"SERIOUSLY!?"

Sooner or later me and Rachel got the hang of speed and we ended up finding the perfect speed for teaching.

"Ok that was fun now let's start the roller"

"Actually Tess, lets just go home, my mom is a little strict on my curfew, I have to go."

"Don't go, PLEASE!!!"

"Calm down Tess, maybe next time, besides you may have learnt something new..."

I gave out a moan but Rachel had enough of my moaning, she had left pretty quickly and as I looked around I realised that she left. I looked around and I did exactly what I did after my first turf war, I left back home. After a day like today I just wanna go back home and sleep it off like I used to do when I was in school.

______________________________________________________________________

TO BE CONTINUED...

Meet the cast:

1. Tess as the main character
2. Rachel as her best friend
3. Joe as the air-headed one
4. Kai as the smart guy
5. Koy as the rival
6. Marie as the mystery
7. The interviewer as the questioner

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.5K 467 18
It was a lovely day in inkopolis, fun games with turf wars,people and the news of squid sisters and off the hook and you may thought that your life i...
141K 1.6K 93
(All Gmod art in this story are made by me. Any at all hand drawn art shown do not belong to me, they belong to their respective owners) The characte...
776 187 13
Growing up ain't easy, but one Inkling finds himself snared up in way more than he's bargained for after deciding to hop into a sewer to help an old...
16.7K 289 50
Hello there again! This is now my 2nd Wattpad story, which is the sequel to Agent 38: In The Making. If you haven't read it yet, please do go ahead a...