Badass Rivalry

By shookasfv

Highest rank #8 in Humor ~~ Skylar Jones was the type of girl who attracted trouble, so it was only a matte... More

ABOUT.
VISUAL AESTHETICS
P R O L O G U E : O N E
P R O L O G U E : T W O
Rooftop Shenanigans
Spice Girls and Daftass revelations
Tackling Badboys and Foodfights
Jacob Sartorius and surprises
Harambe, Lesbians and Onesies
Overstuffed Chimpanzees and Walmart extravaganzas
Hair removal cream and 2007 Britney Spears
Car chases, Cornfields and Beyonce
Memory loss, sunsets, and promises
Large Pillows, Martial Arts and Cuddles
Havoc, Police, and Déja Vu
Triggered, Shook and his Meme Queen
Ballet, Elephants and Sober Peaches
A shirtless Chase and yummy omelettes
Tongue-tied mornings.
Sex hair, Meeting the parents and Utmost buffoonery
One direction, Mean Girls and Unexpected Calls
Loneliness, Dolce and Distractions
Shots, Saviours and Sparks
Daddy Shrek, alarm clocks and first dates
Walmart, Pick-up lines and Minion Action Figures
Solo cups, Gay lovers and Redbull highs
Romeo's, Tree Jumping and Proximity
Spring break party, Dancing and Kisses
Champagne Kisses, Awaited conversations, and Running in circles

Apologies, Coincidence, and Buffet

9.6K 381 144
By shookasfv

Chase felt a lot like Prince charming at the moment, and his Cinderella had just left the ball. However, this fairytale was a little warped, Cinderella had left him with red stained lips instead of a glass slipper and had traded the pumpkin carriage in for an Uber.

When the curtains had fallen Chase and Skylar paused, trying to comprehend the situation. His hand was still on her thigh and her arms around his neck. However, before Chase could fully understand what had happened, he was standing outside the building gasping for air as he realised he was too slow to catch Skylar before she had ran out on him.

Looking around, he saw no reason to stay at the pompous affair so he got in his Aston Martin and drove to the only person he knew would help him out.

---

The problem with humans is that we are complex creatures, we do things with intent and sometimes on impulse but somehow we always forget that our actions have effects on people. And because we are also stupid, we also react foolishly.

So, when Skylar had left the party, she had given no explanation to Chase other than a prompt, "I'm sorry," and because it sounded better than "I'm sorry I kissed you, it was a mistake." Chase took it as an explanation.

So now, he paced back and forth at the doorstep running his hands through his hair, thinking of a thousand things all at once, that all had two things in common, red lips and a certain girl.

He ran his hands through his hair, a nervous habit of his. His shirt was rumpled and his lips were stained with red lipstick, he looked like quite the mess. So amidst his nervous breakdown, the first thing he blurted when the brunette opened the door was,

"I just kissed Skylar Jones,"

"What the fuck," said Parker as he stood on his front porch in his Batman boxers.

Parker was Chase's best friend, they bonded over cars when they were six years old, and then boobs when they were 13. They had been through thick and thin, however, last Parker had heard, Skylar and Chase were barely on speaking terms, not making out terms.

"Explain,"

-----

"What do you mean, when you say that you just ran away?" Sean asked, moments away from yelling at Skylar about how stupid she was.

After the kiss or kisses, Chase had covered Skylar as they got off the stage, and then promptly after, Skylar had hastily said "I'm sorry," and called an Uber and left. Why? because she was moments away from a panic attack and felt the overwhelming need to leave the situation ASAP.

Then, she had gone to Sean's place to crash because she needed someone to talk to and Sean was her best friend. However, Sean had not come home that night and Skylar had left her phone at the party, leaving no way to contact him. That was until he came through the door this morning, and she launched at him spilling all the details and the real story, while he mumbled profanities through his hangover about how dumb the pair were.

"You just left the poor guy?"

She looked around guiltily as she paced the room before huffing and taking a seat,

"Essentially," She groaned putting her head in her hands.

"Then call him! And figure it out," He said frustrated at the situation that was so blatantly avoidable.

"I have, I used your home phone. Plus how many times can I call without being too desperate!"

He scoffed, "More desperate than making out on the stage in front, essentially our whole high school?"

"Go to his house, talk to him. I know you aren't the sharpest tool in the shed," He said, "Also the whole fake dating thing is such a faux pas, can no one think of an original plot anymore?"

"I know," she said, "I regret it, I really do. It's just I said I'm sorry, I'm such a dumbass why did I say that? I just got so stressed out and he looked so sinfully good and- I don't regret kissing him, not one bit. I regret running out on him,"

"Exactly so," He said gesturing to her, "Go to his house in lingerie and apologize, I mean that works for every guy, go tonight. Fix your problems don't bitch about them"

Her eyes widened "Tonight. Tonight. Oh shit, shit, shit, "

Caught up in the details of last night she had almost forgotten about her dad's event today that she had to attend,

"What is it now?"

"My dad has a charity event, and he wants me to meet someon-" She paused, the gears of her brain turning, "Wait, Seany"

"No," He said already knowing that she was going to ask him to come with her.

"Can you please, please, please come with me?" She asked with a somewhat creepy smile.

"Even after last time?" Sean said groaning.

"Please?" She said trying really hard not to laugh.

"Most of the people there think I'm looking for a sugar daddy!"

"I'm sure they must have forgotten by now," She said nonchalantly, trying not to laugh.

"The minister's son texts me every weekend, If I want to 'Earn some Cash' " He deadpanned

"Sean, there's buffet with steak," She said.

"Buffet?"

"I'm in"

"I love you," She said hugging him, "Come to my house at 6:30, oh and wear a suit,"---

Parker was on the floor laughing so hard that there were tears in his eyes,

"You mean to tell me, she just- she just," He said between wheezes, "Ran out on you?"

"Essentially,"

"Has she called you?" Parker asked

"No," Chase said somberly.

Chase was experiencing a flurry of emotion, but surprisingly anger was not one of them. He felt hurt that Skylar just left, but he wasn't angry at her- he couldn't find it in himself to be angry. Although he was on the brink of a nervous breakdown.

"Maybe you're just a shitty kisser," Parker said as he laughed even harder,

"Who would have guessed man, you and Skylar fucking Jones," Parker said starting another round of laughter, as he clutched his stomach.

"I know it's cuffing season but maybe she's just not that into," Parker said, but the only one laughing in the room was him.

"Maybe I should've gone to Jonas instead," Chase said seriously as he got up,

"Okay, okay," Parker said getting up, "Man, I've never seen you actually get serious over a girl,"

Parker got up, trying to be serious. Parker didn't really believe in relationships, not that he thought that they were mythical but more so that he had never seen a happy relationship in his life. His parents were married, but they weren't happy. He thought high school relationships were stupid and time-consuming, he really didn't see the point. Afterall, if you are in a relationship and you aren't happy, what's the point? He didn't believe in love and wanted to scoff anytime people said the sentence 'love at first sight', although he was a firm believer in lust at first sight.

That was one of the reasons Parker was a man whore. But, he wasn't cruel, if anything he was one of the sweetest guys you could ever meet, or sleep with. He never lead girls on, he made sure that they both knew it was just for the night and surprisingly enough not one of the girls he had ever slept with had wanted anything more than that. He liked the whole no strings deal.

But he also knew that was not how Chase liked it. Chase was either 100% in or not at all, he liked relationships, and Parker respected that.

"As stupid this may sound- she's different," Chase said,"I don't even know how to explain it, it's just that we work so well, when she's around I smile a lot more and it's hard to explain,"

"I don't really get it, but I'm happy for you man," He said, "Can we play FIFA now, the whole feelings thing isn't really my strong suit,"

Chase laughed, "Sure, also do you have any makeup wipes?"

Parker gave him a disgusted look, "Do I look like Jefree fucking star to you?"

------

Somewhere around 7 P.M.

-----

At this rate, Skylar felt like the fake smile she was carrying might be embossed on her face for the rest of her life. She had been at her father's party for almost 30 minutes and she was ready to leave, however, she couldn't. She looked over at the buffet table and saw Sean piling up his plate for what seemed like the fourth time tonight.

Skylar always brought Sean to these events, mostly because she needed the emotional support and because he was always there to cheer her up. Also because if she ever needed him, she could just go the buffet area.

She laughed as she waved to him, before heading off to her father who was talking to yet another one of his law partners,

"Hello," the man smiled as Sky walked towards him, "You must be Elijah's daughter,"

Skylar almost winced, "Skylar Jones,"

"Of course, my son is around your age, I think he just headed to the bar," The man gestured, towards the room on her left just in time for her to catch a boy with whitish blonde hair head into the room, "Your father and I were just discussing our merger,"

"Well, then I guess I've got to go get myself a drink," She said, in hopes of trying to evacuate the situation.

The event was held in one massive ballroom which was connected to several smaller rooms on the side, and the bar was in one of the smaller rooms. Even though Skylar was wasn't on best terms with her father, she never caused a ruckus at his events, not because she cared about his reputation, but because she cared about hers. At these events were some of the countries best lawyers, and creating a scene in front of them would just create a mockery of herself, she would just look childish, and she didn't want that when she started her own career.

So she readied herself to walk into the room ready to turn down the poor guy waiting for her in that room. She pressed down the material of her satin blue dress before taking a deep breath, the room was completely empty except for the shadow in the corner booth, of who she presumed was the blonde guy who walked in right before her.

She walked over to the booth seating herself in it before looking up, catching those crystal blue eyes staring at her much in surprise,

"Chase!" She yelped

"Skylar!" He said at the same time,

"Holy shit," he said getting up, "I cannot believe my luck,"

He headed towards the door, trying to run out of the room.

However, right as he was about to open the door, someone else walked in

"Skylar, when can we leav-" Sean went to say before realizing Chase was right there, "Oh shit,"

"You came with him, oh my god," Chase said running his hands through his hair, "You know if you regretted the kiss you could have just told me instead of going to another gu-"

Thank god she was quick on her feet, instead of letting the silly boy finish his stupid sentence, she leaned forward and kissed him.

Stepping back she said, " I didn't regret it one bit,"

THIS CHAPTER MIGHT BE ALTERED IN THE NEAR FUTURE. BUT PLEASE BE SURE TO VOTE, SHARE AND COMMENT AND 140K MY DUDESSS FUCK IT UPPPPP

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2K 264 35
𝙒𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙬𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙙𝙤 𝙞𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙛𝙚𝙡𝙡 𝙞𝙣𝙩𝙤 𝙖 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙖 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙬𝙤𝙠𝙚 𝙪𝙥 𝙛𝙚𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙗𝙚𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙮𝙚𝙙 𝙗𝙮 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙤𝙣𝙚...
72K 2.3K 51
#BOOK1 in 'ACE' SERIES He was like storm. He liked silence. He had looks which could kill. He is cold , ruthless and arrogant as hell. He h...
263K 10.5K 29
Started 16.4.17 Finished 7.6.17 HIGHEST RANK IS #10 IN TEEN FICTION :) Current cover is by @Aisling_Page "Hey," an unfamiliar voice said behind me, I...
191K 5K 40
Quick side note: This book was originally named 'The Bad Boy, The Secret, and Me' and was renamed to its current title as of 27/04/2018 for existing...