The Cure

Per lookingtotomorrow

Lily-Rose James, a smart, beautiful, innocent eighteen year old girl who moves to London for her job. Nathan... Més

Chapter 1: Goodbye
Chapter 2: Well hello to you too
Chapter 3: Pretty Pretty and then...me
Authors Note
Chapter 4: The Greek God
Chapter 5: Interesting First Day
Chapter 6: I'm not a stalker...
Chapter 7: Scared Oh so scared
Chapter 8: Too fast for people
Chapter 10: Battered and Bruised
Chapter 11: My Fault
Chapter 12: You don't exist
Chapter 13: I just can't stay away
Chapter 14: Kiss me, Kiss her, Whatever
Chapter 15: Trying to Be a Hero
Chapter 16: What....the.....hell?
Chapter 17: You're more of a liar than I am
Chapter 18: Never safe
Chapter 19: What They Want
Chapter 20: Numb
Chapter 21: Are we done?
Chapter 22: The Cure
Thank you's!!

Chapter 9: Too fast for people (part 2)

1.3K 38 2
Per lookingtotomorrow

Nathan P.O.V

Leaving her alone, cleaning her cuts and nursing her broozes, clueless to the reasons behind her attack, was one of the hardest things I have done, and I have done a lot. When I promised I would answer all of her questions, I was lying and even though I felt guilty for doing it, it was necassary. She cannot be brought into my world, I don't want her to have to deal with more than I have already made her. I feel bad enough as it is with her having to see me kill a man, let alone know the truth about me. She can't know that, no-one can.
I walk towards the warehouses, where I was not long ago, hoping that the rest of the boys would already be there, waiting for me. I called them fifteen minutes ago, telling them I had news and that it was urgent. I know who that man was, he was one of them. I have seen him before, on one of the raids, so seeing him, his fists connecting with Lily's face, I snapped. I hated seeing her like that, helpless and vulnerable, her beautiful face covered in marks, showing just how much he had hurt her, I hated the fact he had hurt her at all.
I walked through the abandoned building, finding the rest of them all in a circle, talking about something irelevent. When they saw, me they rose from their seats, clearly distressed.
"Why have you called us Nathan? What's happened?" James asked, looking bored more than anything. I never liked that fact that he was in charge, and neiher did Kyle. Tyler, Liam and Peter never voiced their opinions on who was in charge, I concluded that they must have been too afraid, something I wasn't. I had never liked the way James had anger issues, causing scenes where they weren't necassary. He drew attention for no reason, but it wouldn't be him that would be implicated, it would be me and Kyle.
"One of Kevin's men, I don't know his name, he attacked Lily tonight on her way home," I explained and Kyle looked furious, eyeing me.
"Is she is okay?" Kyle asked.
"She has a large cut on her head, bruising all over her body, and some cuts over her face but overall, no severe damage. I had to help her and in doing so, I killed him," I added, hoping they would ask no more but of course, James did.
"In front of her?"
"Yes, but I have revealed nothing and she has agreed to say that she was attacked by a random person who ran off, taking nothing from her," I rushed as James threw the table, his face red with anger.
"Fucking hell Nathan! You can't trust her! You have put all of us in danger through your actions, how many is that now? Two in just over a week? We don't want a fight and you are just asking for one," he shouted, spit flying from his mouth. I stood up also, not taking his shit anymore.
"I can trust her! What was I supposed to do? Let him beat her to death? He deserved everything he got," I finished but James just became more annoyed.
"Why does it bother you so much? Why does what happens to her matter so much to you?" At this, I have no answer. Why does she matter so much? She isn't my girlfriend and I barely know her, yet the thought of someone, anyone hurting her just makes my fists clench and my teeth grit together.
"Stay away from her Nathan, she isn't good for you, not right now. You need to focus on what we are doing here, what we are working toward," Tyler says, speaking for the first time. Tyler is one of those people who you can easily like because he barely speaks and when he does, it's noticed.
"He's right, I want you to stay away from her, Nathan, getting involved with her isn't good," James orders and being the leader, I have no choice but to listen to what he says. "Now that everything is cleared up, I want you all to go home and think about how we are going to enter the premises, I still have no idea," James concludes, walking out, leaving his team behind.
"Are you alright?" Kyle asks and I shrug.
"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?"
"I know you better than anyone mate, I can tell when you're angry and you were when you spoke about Lily." I sigh, knowing that lying to Kyle is impossible. He was the one who found me, in the middle of my fight, he was the one who gave me a home, taught me what I should and shoudn't do, helped me find the boys and a job and basically, give me a life I thought was over. He showed me that I could live normally, something I had only dreamed of doing. Then, he did the impossible and he told me about the way out of all of this, the way to actually be normal without acting it, without having to hide anything. That was what I was working for, what I am working for and will not stop working for.

Lily's P.O.V

I walk into the building and try to act normal by saying hello to Lisa, but I do not recieve a reply as she simply stares at my face, noticing the marks and bruises but not being discreet about it at all. I scurry into the office, looking down the entire way. The attention is clearly on me as whispers erupt around the desks, people leaning around corners, talking about how ugly I look. I try to focus on my new manuscript, since I handed the other in this morning, but it is too hard.
"What happened to you?" Tim asks, the only one with a pair of balls apparently.
"I was attacked last night," I murmer, sticking to Nathan's story, even though he doesn't deserve it.
"Oh my God, are you okay?" He asks, filled with shock.
"I am absolutley fine," I reply, sarcasm clear in my mocking tone of my voice. "They didn't take anything," I add but he looks no less shocked.
"Did you phone the police?"
"The man left suddenly, I didn't even see his face," I lie, but Tim believes me, stroking my arm in sympathy. After that, nobody else asked, because they had found out from Tim all they needed to know and fortunatley, I had no more lies to tell. Lieing was something I had never been good at or never wanted to do.
I left work late, wanting to avoid the stares people gave me. It was starting to seriously piss me off. When I made it outside, I started my walk home, trying not to think of last night and how traumatic it was for me. Suddenly, an arm winds it's way around my waist and pulls me inside and alley way. My first instinct is to scream but before any sound can come out, a hand is placed there and I am spun around to face Nathan, panicked. He removes his hand and releases me slightly, giving me the space to repeatedly hit him, smacking him on the arm, the chest and the face. He holds my wrists still, limiting my movements.
"Did you think that was a good idea after last night? Really?" I ask, angry in more ways than he can imagine. He just pushes me further backwards until I slowly feel the wall and my wrists are ushed against it.
"You told me you wouldn't threaten me like this again," I remind him gulping visibly. His green eyes resemble orbs of light as they stare into mine, passion burning in them.
"I don't want to threaten you," he replies, his face getting closer to mine until it is inches away and his breath blows hairs from my face. I become unsteady as he gets closer, his lips so teasing. He closes the gap forcefully and his lips crash on mine, urgency clear in their fast movements. I move my lips in synch with his and when he introduces his tongue, I allow him. I ignore the pain in the reminders of last night and focus on him. His hands move from their place circling my wrists to my hips, where his thumbs massage the bone. I wrap my arms around his neck, playing with the back of his messy, soft hair. What am I doing? Oh, I am just kissing a murderer. I know I should stop, I know this isn't supposed to happen but I want it so much I don't stop. I don't know how to.
"Lily," he whispers, breaking away from me, staring at me while I try to regain my breath. What did I do? I just...no, I shouldn't have.
"I have to go." I push him away from me, running out of the alleyway, away from everything that just happened. How could I? I saw what he did to that man, how can I still like him?
I look behind me too see him, stood where we were before, staring. A single tear rolls down my cheek but I wipe it away, I must forget it, all of it. It never happened, that is how I must act. He probably only kissed me because he wanted to confuse me, successfully, and I won't let him do it. I don't know him, but you like him, I think and shake it away. Even if I do like him, I have to stop. It will do neither of us any good, and so I walk away, a single tear rolling down my cheek. 
I run up the staircase, not wanting to wait for a lift. I want to be in my flat, somewhere where I have full control of what happens around me, somewhere where I can decided who is with me and who is not, somewhere where I know I am safe. I miss a step out each time, hurrying to my flat where I open the door and shut it behind me, locking it with the key and the bolt. I rest my back against it, breathing in and out slowly. 
"I know, I miss you too, I promise I will see you soon though," I hear Steoh say and when there is no reply, it is clear that she is on the phone to someone.
"I want to tell her as well, I just don't know whether now is a good time," she adds. Why is she so loud? I look down the small corridor and see her room open and her legs are on her bed, lying down.
"I promise we will but together, I don't want to tell her without you there," she says and I can hear her laugh. I try to step forward but in doing so, I trip over a bag on the floor, making a noise.
"I have to go, bye," she rushes. Who is she talking to and who is she talking about?
"Hey, who was that?" I ask and she smiles, turning red.
"Just a friend, we were catching up," she lies but I see right through her. I do not push it any further though, I just give her a look and walk past her.
"Where are you going?" She asks, her behaviour odd and strange.
"I'm just going to phone Ollie," I say, taking my phone wih me as I stroll into my room.
"Tell him I said hi," she smirks suspiciuously before I slam my bedroom door.I kick my shoes off, take my laptop out and then ring Ollie.
"Hey," I say and I can hear him laugh.
"Hey sis, how are you?" 
"I'm okay, how are you? How's mom?" I can almost here him roll his eyes as he replies," she is good, not much different from yesterday actually," he mocks.
"I'm sorry for caring, I just worry about her, you know? I haven't seen her in too long now, Steph said hi by the way," I add and he laughs.
"Tell her I returned it, and I know you worry but you shouldn't, you phone me and mom all the time, we are both fine," he reassures and tells me how his classes are going. I tell him about work but I leave out the attack, not wanting to worry him over it all. After an hour, I ended the phone call, going for a long relaxing bath. Hopefully, by the next time I see him, the cuts and broozes will have gone, so there will be no evidence that anything ever happened. Steph believed the story easily, making me feel guilty for lying to her, to everyone. I don't want to but I know I have to, I have to protect Nathan, even if that is the only thing I can do for him.

Thank you for reading and remember to comment, what do you think so far? Thank you :) xx 

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

666K 11.6K 70
Lily Wilson moved to London when she is 16 to attend boarding school after a tragedy strikes. Now at the age of 21, Lily moves back to Boston where s...
Praying to the Moon Per Rhi Grace

Literatura romàntica

70 0 16
Lily is a typical college student, until she falls in love with James. James seems perfect- tall, handsome and smart. Lily's life appears flawless un...
715K 18K 27
Rose Knight is a random 15 year old girl, who is abused by her mother. One night her mother stabs her so Rose runs away into the cold night. She hear...
22.5K 684 22
197 year old vampire Nathan Sykes decides to move to a new town in hopes of finding his partner, or true love. Little does he know that she just migh...