Variety |Edward Cullen|

By cCherishh_

Variety ➤ The state of being different; the absence of normality. Iris holds the power of manipulation agains... More

Variety
P r o l o g u e - Sebastian
P r o l o g u e - Alexander
P r o l o g u e - Iris
P r o l o g u e - Caroline
P r o l o g u e - Robin
O N E
T W O
T H R E E
F O U R
F I V E
S I X
S E V E N
E I G H T
N I N E
T E N
E L E V E N
T W E L V E
T H I R T E E N
F I F T E E N
S I X T E E N
S E V E N T E E N
E I G H T E E N
N I N E T E E N
T W E N T Y
T W E N T Y - O N E
T W E N T Y - T W O
T W E N T Y - T H R E E
T W E N T Y - F O U R
T W E N T Y - F I V E
T W E N T Y - S I X
T W E N T Y - S E V E N
T W E N T Y - E I G H T
T W E N T Y - N I N E

F O U R T E E N

3.1K 132 7
By cCherishh_

Iris

Clenching her hands, Iris's nails dug into her palms so hard that blood began to draw. Inhaling Iris opened her mouth to let out a scream when a voice interrupted her mini breakdown.

"Iris. What are you doing here."

She had woken up early and snuck out to the field her and her friends had found during the first few days at Forks.

"I could ask you the same thing Caroline." Iris said folding her arms to hide the fact that she was bleeding.

"Well I asked you first." Caroline replied. Walking over to Iris, Caroline unfolded her arms and examined her bloody hands. The wound had already healed but the blood still stained her palms.

"I needed to scream. This was the only place I could come where no one would hear me." Iris explained dropping her arms from Caroline's grasp. Back at the Institute each student had their own room, that was conveniently sound proof so whenever Iris was stressed because of an exam she would scream.

"Me too." Caroline said eyes wide. "What do you need to scream about."

"I just overwhelmed." Iris started. "All of sudden there's this boy I can't stop thinking about and it's driving me insane."

Caroline stared willing herself to not smile. "What part of that was supposed to surprise me."

"What." Iris said.

"Iris I told you from the beginning that this bond was strong. The more time you spend with him the stronger your emotions get." Caroline explained.

"Why do you need to scream." Iris asked changing the subject. "Is this about Xander."

"Of course it's about Xander." Caroline started. "I can't talk to him. This isn't some poorly written romance novel and it won't end with him pulling me into his arms."

"Then what are you going to do ignore your feelings." Iris asked.

"Yes." Caroline replied. "Not to sound like a cliche but whatever I'm feeling will ruin our friendship and I can't risk that."

"Caroline I know you strive on knowing everything  but this is one moment in your life that you're going to have to take a chance on." Iris said. "Besides even if this doesn't end the way you hope it does you have to trust me when I say it won't be the end of your friendship with him. He loves you, whether it be in a romantic way or not he does and he would never let something you can't control ruin over eight years of friendship."

Caroline looked up at the grey clouded sky trying to stop her tears from dropping she knew Iris was right. Glancing down at her watch she sighed.

"We should go we still have school today."

"Wait." Iris said grabbing Caroline's hand. "We came here to do one thing."

Nodding Caroline gave her a small smile before inhaling and letting out a scream with Iris mimicking. The two noises clashed together and birds overhead squawked and fled away in fright.

_____________________________

Iris

Iris suffered through Geometry and Chemistry, her thoughts always finding there way back to Edward. She didn't mind thinking about him as much she thought she should, a smile crossed her face every time his smile clouded her mind.

"Penny for your thoughts."

Iris looked up from her daydreaming gaze and towards Edward who was sat by her side in Biology class. Her lips curled into a small smile.

"You'd want a refund." Iris said as a crooked grin crossed Edward's face.

"I would like to know what's got you so flustered." Edward continued. Iris cupped her hands over her cheeks and realised that they were flaming warm from her blush.

"Nothing." Iris muttered while Edward chuckled.

"Has anyone ever told you that you're a horrible liar."

"You'd be the first." Iris said dropping her hands from her face.

Edward had his eyes glued to the rain outside the window his golden eyes glowing with a small smile gracing his lips. "Can I ask you something." Edward said his voice a little on edge.

"I don't see why not."

"How old are you Iris?" Edward asked.

"Seventeen. Why?"

"You don't seem seventeen." Edward continued and Iris laughed cringing away when the teacher shot her a look. She always had a hard time passing as a teenager, but then again so did all Guardians in training. They all held a mature cloud in their eyes, he wasn't as clueless as she thought.

"What." Edward said his eyebrows furrowed.

"My mother used to say that I was born a thirty year old women. With the way I acted around other kids before I grew into my pow-" Iris started biting her tongue to stop herself from continuing. She was getting too comfortable him.

Instead of questioning her on her abrupt stop, Edward continued with his questions.

"What do you mean by used to." Edward said. Iris replied with a confused expression and Edward explained. "You said your mother used- to say."

Iris froze for a second realising her second mistake of the day.

"She died last year." Iris said. She didn't want to elaborate on her life story no matter how much she liked him.

Edward watched her as her eyes glazed over and his hand inched towards her's urging to comfort her, it was obvious she was in pain. Their hands touched and a small spark lit between their fingers waking Iris up from her thoughts with a jump. She glanced around afraid that she had used her powers involuntarily but looking up at Edward she saw that he wasn't in pain like he should be but instead he had a smile on his face. He was inspecting his hand. What was that Iris thought before realising that it was probably because of their bond and sighed in somewhat relief.

Edward realising what had happened reached down for hand once again and the spark ran through them. Instead of pulling away the two sat there with their hands clasped together.

"I'm so sorry for your loss." Edward said.

"Thank you." Iris replied. The spark ran through her body like fireworks.

"What will you be doing this weekend." Edward asked, breaking their silence and Iris was grateful for the change in conversation.

"I'm not sure." Irised said.

"I thought you and I could spend time together outside of school." Edward explained.

"What would we be doing." Iris asked with a hesitant tone. In all her life she would've never guessed that a vampire would ask to spend time with her and she would never have guessed that she would contemplate the idea.

"Anything." Edward said.

"Okay. I would love to." Iris replied her smile growing wider.

_____________________________

Robin

"I missed your call." Angela stated stirring the beaker that contained a red substance. Robin sat facing her in Chemistry class as they tried to complete the task given to them.

"It's alright." Robin assured.

"I was having dinner with my parents and my Mum has this rule about having no technology at the dinner table-." Angela explained.

"Angela, really it's ok." Robin said and Angela nodded in response.

"So. What did you want to talk to me about."

"I needed a little help, the notes I wrote in Trigonometry, weren't the clearest. But I figured it out." Robin said. After a whole night of thinking she realised that starting a relationship with Angela really wasn't the best way to go. She didn't want to be the reason for the exposure of the world that had been kept a secret for hundreds of years.

"Okay." Angela replied nudging her glasses to fit comfortably on her face. This was a trait she had adopted whenever she was nervous or worried and at this moment she felt both.

"What's wrong." Robin asked catching sight of the hand that shook as she pushed up her glasses.

"Nothing." Angela said but sighed when she knew that Robin knew she was lying. Angela slid off her white gloves after Robin finished off the last touches to their experiment and forced out a shaky smile, her hands were shaking. She knew she shouldn't be so nervous around Robin especially because the two had already gone to first base in the short amount of time of knowing each other. Angela liked her, she liked the way Robin tried to hold in her anger whenever someone annoyed her with their staring and she liked Robin's bravery, she was usually the one who held conversations with Angela. Without her bravery Angela knew that the two would be sitting here in silence instead of talking to each other like old friends. "I wanted to ask if maybe you would want to hangout with me this Saturday....By hangout I mean go on a date with me." Angela asked. Robin stared at her with wide eyes, she wasn't expecting this she had accepted the fact that her and Angela were meant to be friends but that was before she was sceptical about Angela feeling the same way.

"Robin you really don't have to say yes. I just thought that after that talk we had that you would want to."

"I do. I'm just-." Robin started. She watched as Angela's eyes glazed over with forming tears and her eyes softened before continuing. "I would love to go out with you Angela."

_____________________________

A/N

Please leave a comment and a vote. I would really appreciate it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

83.5K 1.4K 18
A vampire who has waited his whole life for a mate and a girl who waited so long to be cared for and loved.They somehow find each other ,but there a...
113K 2.5K 43
In which Bella wasn't Edward's true mate. Over a hundred years ago, Jasper had a friend in the army. When he suddenly disappeared, she resigned and w...
90K 2K 13
And to love in this wild world, Is the bravest thing you could ever do. The Cullen family needs help, they need witnesses of their own to protect the...
94K 3.1K 27
¸,ø¤º°𝙋𝙖𝙪𝙡 𝙇𝙖𝙝𝙤𝙩𝙚°º¤ø,¸ "you're the kind of reckless that should send me running." When Althea Swan's world is shaken to the core the mome...