Introvert

By perksofbeingsidnee

He was an extrovert. She was an introvert. They were complete opposites. More

two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
the end

one

10.4K 153 12
By perksofbeingsidnee

The dim lighting of the fairy lights that draped across her bedroom ceiling was cozy as she woke up from what seemed like a ten minute nap. She didn't remember falling asleep the previous night, but as she shifted her gaze she noticed her laptop lied dead on her bed. Her arm reached out from under the soft fabric of her weighted blanket to grab her phone on her nightstand.

6:37, the bright white numbers read across her Home Screen.

With the realization that it was Thursday and she overslept, her body jerked up out of bed. "Fuck, fuck, fuck," she continued to mutter as she rushed to the bathroom. Instantly, the girl plugged in her straightener and turned it on. Taking a quick second to glance back at her phone. The time read, 6:40. She had 20 minutes to get ready.

Taking a deep breath, she headed back to her room to change into whatever she could find. As the sixteen-year-old striped her pajamas from her body, she picked up the first sports bra she could find as well as the first hoodie that was piled up on her bedroom floor. She opened her dresser drawer to grab some pair of pants. Tugging on her black ripped skinny jeans, she glanced down at her outfit. The Grateful Dead hoodie and jeans would have to do. Grabbing socks from her sock drawer, she made her way back to the bathroom to work on her hair.

Entering the bathroom, the girl squeezed around her brother, Brandon, who now stood in the middle, right where she needed to be. Nudging him in the ribs with her elbow, he moved out of her way while still fixing his hair. "Morning to you too Dylan."

Her brown eyes met his in the reflection of the mirror just as she raised her eyebrows in acknowledgement. Managing to untangle the knots from her bed head with her hair brush, Dylan then started to straighten out the dents she had created whilst she slept. Even though her dark hair was naturally pin straight, she somehow always managed to mess it up while she slept.

As she finished straightening her hair, she watched her brother leave the bathroom through the mirror. Even though she couldn't see him clearly right then, she couldn't understand why people thought they looked so similar. Maybe it was the fact that they had the same hair and eye color, or it was that fact that they both wore glasses that were similar enough.

Running her hand through her hair, she walked out of the bathroom and back to her bedroom to grab her shoes and bag. The girl slipped her checkered vans on and swung her backpack over her shoulder.

From downstairs, her older brother was growing impatient. Glancing down at his watch, the time suggested that they needed to leave now in order for them to get to school on time. "Dylan!" He shouted up the stairs. Hearing nothing, he shouted again. "Dylan Paiselee Arreaga, we need to go!"

The girl was frantically pulling her blankets off her bed. She somehow had lost her glasses. At that specific moment, she wished that her eyes would just function like normal eyes. "Give me a second!"

Brandon rolled his eyes before walking over to the front door.

Finally after moving her pillow, Dylan found her black framed glasses. Her heavy footsteps thudded on the stairs as she ran to catch up to her brother who was already half way to his car.

The ride to school was mostly silent between the two siblings besides Brandon's humming to the song that played on his radio. Although the two drove together to school, they didn't really talk that much; at home or at school. It wasn't necessarily Brandon either. He could talk anyone's ear off and loved to be the center of attention at any family gathering. The boy had always been that way.

Dylan was just quiet. She liked her alone time and to be left unbothered. To her, talking seemed to be too much effort and sometimes she felt like she just didn't have the right thing to say. So, the girl stayed in her own mind with her thoughts.

Even though Brandon though his sister's way of thinking had to be so lonely, he respected her wishes of minimal talking. After all, he would do anything for her. And vice versa.

When the two arrived at their school, they went their separate ways. Brandon met up with his friends at their cars and Dylan headed for her locker. The closer she got, she could see her best friend leaned against his own locker staring at his phone. Approaching Everett, she smiled at him as he looked up at her. "Two more days," he mused.

Every morning the boy would greet his best friend with a countdown to the weekend. Dylan didn't completely understand why he did this, but it was Everett so she didn't question it. "Happy Thursday to you too," she said in return.

Twisting her combination into the lock of her locker, her best friend shifted his body to face her completely. "Did you finish your Anatomy lab work?"

"No," she shook her head. "Simpson said we would have time to finish it in class today, remember?"

The boy pursed his lips while he squinted his eyes in thought. "Honestly, no I don't."

Dylan rolled her eyes as she shoved her books into her bag. "Maybe, instead of staring at the back of Ricky's head, you should listen to Ms. Simpson." Her bag flew over her shoulder before they began their walk to home room.

"Whatever," he muttered, walking alongside her. "It's honestly not my fault that she stuck me behind him or the fact that he is as cute as he is."

The two entered their home room class, finding their seats in the back right corner. Setting her bag on the floor, she pulled out her sketch book that she kept for school. Unlike Everett who day dreamed about almost anything, she doodled whenever she had down time. There was something about drawing repetitive swirls or little plants that calmed Dylan anxiety in school. Almost all of the papers she turned in had small drawings in the margins. She didn't really think twice if her teachers would mind.

When homeroom ended, the pair began to leave for their first period. "Hey did you want to hang out on Saturday?" She asked the boy.

"Mhm," Everett hummed in thought before coming to a realization. "Can't, stupid family dinner that day, remember?"

Dylan pouted as she remember the conversation they had earlier that week. Everett had been wanting to go to this art gallery that had just opened up and he thought she would really like it. Unfortunately, his Grandma was having all of his family over for a little mini reunion. There was no way he was going to get out of it. "That sucks."

"You're telling me. Mom always says it's going to be fine. And it is for like the first twenty minutes, but somehow someone always brings up my future and if I'm going to settle down with a 'nice girl' like my brothers."

As they approached Dylan's classroom, she stood in front of him to the side of the hall way, out of the way from other students. "I don't know, Ev. Is your Dad still wanting you to not tell anyone?"

The boy shook his head. "He wants to wait until I'm in college to say anything, that way no one can hate crime me."

The girl swat his arm. She hated when he said things like that so nonchalantly. It just made her worry about his safety. "Don't say that."

"Dyl, you know I'm just messing. I think Dad's just waiting until I've actually dated someone so I know for sure. But even then they have to know at this point. I'm not the most subtle and if they haven't figured it out yet then they're honestly idiots."

She rolled her eyes before hugging him goodbye.

"I'll see you in third." He called out as she entered the classroom and walked towards his.

Hello to the people who are reading my story. First off, thank you for reading my trash. Okay, so this is my first prettymuch fanfiction. I'm a newer fan, I found out about them approximately a month ago. I don't know everything about them. Only the stuff in the interviews, so some stuff I changed. For example, siblings. I don't know Brandon's older sister's name. I tried to find it, but I couldn't. So she doesn't exist in the story. Another quick note. All of the boys are the same age. I made them Brandon's age, 17/18. It was easier to make them all seniors instead of Austin being a senior liking Dylan a freshman. With those things in mind, I hope you enjoy my story. Vote, comment, and all that jazz.

xx

Sidnee

Newer author's note: So, it's been a long ass time. I started this story when I was a junior in high school and PRETTYMUCH had like three songs out at the time. Don't get me wrong, I love this story with my whole heart and I'm not going to be changing it by a lot. I just want to improve upon what I have written if that makes sense. So, if you are here for a second time, hey and if you are a first time reader, welcome. I'm just going to be writing when I have the time/energy so nothing is going to be promised, but I hope you all enjoy the changes I make.

x Sid

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

78.3K 1.2K 43
"When are we going to stop pretending that we could actually be together?" Highest rank: #7 in #brandonarreaga #1 in #PrettymuchFanfic #23 in #Prete...
3.5K 110 27
the story of two best friends; nick mara
5.9K 417 50
𝗂𝗇 𝗐𝗁𝗂𝖼𝗁 π—π—π—ˆ π—€π—‚π—‹π—…π—Œ 𝗐𝗂𝗍𝗁 𝗐𝗂𝗅𝖽 π—‚π—†π–Ίπ—€π—‚π—‡π–Ίπ—π—‚π—ˆπ—‡π—Œ 𝗀𝗂𝗏𝖾 π—’π—ˆπ—Ž 𝖺 π—€π—…π—‚π—†π—‰π—Œπ–Ύ π—‚π—‡π—π—ˆ 𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗂𝗋 π–Ώπ–Ίπ—‡π—π–Ίπ—Œπ—‚π–Ύπ—Œ
84.2K 2.4K 52
Completed | Brandon Arreaga Twitter dms @pmbeanz xoxo Janai