Kaleidoscope (discontinued)

PensAreCool1 tarafından

Young Alyssa knew that she was due to be kicked out of the home eventually, she just wished that it wasn't so... Daha Fazla

Chapter 1 - Alyssa
Chapter 2 - Jay
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6

Chapter 3

71 5 42
PensAreCool1 tarafından

-Alyssa pov-

I woke up from a dream filled with giraffes to find a tail in my face. The black and orange appendage swished back and forth across my face. I tried to push the cat away, but that unfortunately resulted in my hand getting clawed.

"OW!" I yelled at the furry demon, who had shifted its position from being curled up asleep to being stretched out across my chest. Almost immediately after I screamed, I heard a loud thump from across the room. I moved my head to the side to see Jay on the floor wrapped up in various blankets.

"Wa...?" I heard from the tangled mess. After about a minute, Jay was untangled and standing, looking around the room. After a moment, his head was facing towards me, and I noticed that he still wore the glasses. "Oh right. The amusement park. Come on." Jay turned around to face the opposite wall from me, and dropped the last blanket, exposing his shaved head. I looked away as he got changed. "Dunkin' Donuts?"

After his last statement, I looked back up at him to see that he was wearing a pink hoodie, pink sneakers, black skinny jeans, and the same beanie from yesterday. "What?"

He walked over to me, and picked up the cat. Jay began cuddling the cat, seeming to forget that I had said anything. "Who's a good little Butters? You are. Yes you are. You're a good, good little kitty aren't you, Butt-"

The cat hissed, and Jay through it through the now open window. The cat flailed unnaturally through the air, and barely a minute passed before the cat jumped back onto the windowsill to glare at Jay in annoyance. A can of cat food slid out from somewhere, and opened itself in front of the cat. As the cat, apparently named Butters ate, Jay said, "You'd better get dressed if you wanna go to the park."

"What about breakfast?" I asked.

He looked over at the cat with a look of disbelief. "Butters, did I not mention Dunkin' Donuts a minute ago?" The cat said nothing, but Jay continued, looking up at me, "Yes Butters, that's right. I did." To me, he asked in a tone that made it hard to tell if he was joking, "Do you have short-term memory loss, my child?"

I looked between him and the cat, unsure as how to respond. I wasn't against the free food, and joke aside this guy wasn't half bad. "Sure I'll have a donut."

"K. Get dressed. You have until the cat is done eating." Jay turned around, and bent down to stare at the cat intently, as if anticipating the moment when it would be done.

I quickly opened my backpack, not wanting to take any chances, and pulled out a pair of jeans and a red hoodie to change into. After a minute, a tube of Neosporin and a pack of bandaids made their way into my hand.

I smiled up at Jay, though he wasn't even looking at me, and set to work covering up the cuts on my hand once I was dressed.

<_<

"You ride a motorcycle?" I exclaimed starting at the two-wheeled menace that sat parked in the dorm building's parking lot.

"Why do you think I have this helmet?" Jay asked, holding up the shiny red motorcycle helmet he'd carried outside.

I didn't answer him and instead asked, "Why do you only have one?"

"You only have one head." He stated.

"What about you?" I pointed out.

"Look, Al, I can protect myself in the very unlikely scenario that we crash. You, cannot." He paused, and looked over at me suggestively saying, "Unless what you're not telling me is pretty special." He held out the helmet to me. "Put it on."

I looked at the helmet for a second, then took it, securing it on my head. Jay climbed onto the bike, then gestured for me to climb on as well. I managed to lift my leg up and over the vehicle so that it was straddling the seat.

Jay pulled out a pair of thick gloves from his pocket, and slid the glasses down from his forehead so that they covered his eyes. "Hold on tight," he called back.

I put my arms around him, as he revved the motorcycle. It pulled out of the parking lot, and picked up speed as it roared down the street. A few minutes later, we were outside of a Dunkin' Donuts.

Jay parked the bike, and I slid off of it. I took off the helmet. "What do I do with this?" I asked.

"Just leave it on the seat. Don't worry. No one's going to take it." He said, walking towards the pink-and-orange fast food establishment.

I left the helmet on the seat like he said, and followed him into the building. The interior was strangely void of people. It was a Sunday morning, so that was probably why. We went up to the counter.

The girl behind the counter noticed our approach, and turned around to face. "Hello how may I help you-" her smile dropped when she saw Jay, "What do you want?"

"Well, that all depends on what Al here wants." He turned, and crouched down slightly so that he was at my eye level, "What is it that you would like to ingest?"

"Uhhhh." I looked over at the donuts. "A glazed donut. And water?"

Jay repeated my order, adding his own coffee and donut request.

The person behind the counter held out her hand. "Money first."

"Is that really necessary?" Jay asked.

"Yes."

"Fine." Jay dug out a wallet, from which he pulled out the cash needed for the unhealthy breakfast.

When the donuts were gone, Jay stood up, and headed outside. I followed. The lid of the tiny trunk of the vehicle was floating in the air as Jay placed his drink in the compartment. "Give me your water." He held his hand out, and the bottle flew from my hand and into his. He placed it next to his own drink. The top fell back onto the bike, and latched itself into place.

I watched as Jay climbed onto the bike. He held out the helmet, and I silently took it.

I climbed back onto the motorcycle. The engine rumbled to a start, and the bike quickly pulled out of the Dunkin' Donuts parking lot, and into traffic.

>_>

When we finally stopped, I realized that we were parked outside of a diner. Jay climbed off the bike, and I followed. He took my helmet, this time placing it in the compartment, after removing our beverages.

"Why are we here?" I asked looking around.

"I am not paying for parking," was all he said before heading down the street.

I caught the water bottle that was gently tossed to me, and downed what liquid was left in the bottle. Jay sipped at his iced coffee, not looking back to see if I was following. I was, and I followed for the few minutes it took to reach the amusement park. It was then that I realized that he had never told me the name of the place. I was about to say something when I looked up at the big neon name over the entrance.

THE AMUSEMENT PARK

Ok then. I nodded, and picked up my pace so that I was directly behind Jay as we headed closer to the entrance. The water bottle I was holding flew out of my hands, and I watched as it rolled across the sidewalk before jumping into a large recycling bin I was almost annoyed, but I was done with it, and at least it didn't end up in the trash.

After Jay showed the guy his pass and my guest pass, and we passed through the metal detectors and were in the park, I realized that Jay was missing his drink. I was about to ask, when it suddenly fell from the sky after about a minute of walking.

He caught it, and sipped at it as if nothing happened. Noticing my confusion, he simply said, "'No outside food or drinks are allowed in the park.'"

I nodded, then asked him what he wanted to go on first. I mean, I wanted to choose, but he had gone to the trouble to let me come too and I didn't want to get him mad.

"Flashback of course," was his answer, "You can't go to any amusement park without riding the flashback first."

"Ok." I followed him across the park until we arrived at the monstrous rollercoaster before us.

"Com'on!" he yelled as he ran down the path that led to the coaster I followed him to find that he was eagerly standing at the end of the short line of people who had already arrived. The line moved twice before it was our turn.

Jay climbed over the train, dropped off his coffee in one of the little cubbyholes intended for riders' belongings, then climbed back over to the seat where he sat down and pulled the harness down over his shoulders.

"Are you sure you want to keep those on?" asked one of the ride attendants, referring to Jay's sunglasses. "This ride does go upside down."

"I know, and I'll be fine," Jay assured her.

"Ok." She said skeptically before going over to the control panel. She didn't need to confirm that any others were secured, as we sat in the back row.

After a brief "thank you for riding" announcement, there was a slow, loud clicking noise as the the train ascended backwards up the lift hill. I could hear those waiting on line chanting a countdown. I remembered Jay doing it when we were still down there. Its fun to do when you're on line - but not to hear when you're up in the air.

There was a final loud click, and the train lurched forward. I screamed, my long red hair whipping around my face as we barreled down the track. I could hear Jay laughing hysterically to my right. I glanced over to see that his glasses were indeed still on his face despite the loops in the ride.

The ride finally slowed down. Unfortunately, this was only because we were going up the second chain lift. Though we had slowed down, we were going up lift faster than the first one. Once we reached the peak, there was a loud crashing click as the coaster train fell back down along the track even faster than before.

I screamed along with other riders as the train quickly progressed backwards along the track back to the station. It went up a bit, then settled back down where it had started.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...