The Boy Who Used To Be My Bes...

By shekinahdavis82

I closed my eyes as a crippling pain spread through my soul. "You're my best friend and I love you" I tell h... More

Memories
Birthday party
Anger issues
Don't want you to go
Aftertaste
A new best friend.
A makeover.
Wasted
lucky
A change
When you miss someone
Good News
Afraid
Option 2
Catfight
All his fault.
The promise
A warm welcome
A new Xavier
A lot of chemistry
Conflicted.
Stupid feelings
The tattoo
Cold reality
Headaches
Confession
Awkward New Year 1
Awkward New Year 2
the conversation
Tea vs Water
the truth
This moment.
showers and missed calls
kiss me
the last time
Author's Note.

Bad news

56 1 0
By shekinahdavis82

Sierra's POV

   Moon wasn't at school today.
I had to spend third period english alone because that was the only class we had together. At times like this I wish I had a friend other than Moon.

    Jessica Rivers gave me a trip today.  No, really she tripped me. She then proceeded to say "where's Xavier did he get sick of you yet? I'm sure he did when you see him tell him to call me" .

  So I said " I'm sure he would rather jump in front of a moving train" cruel I know. But, I was sad Xavier didn't show up and I started my period yesterday. I had little patience.

    Then she said " you jealous little bi-"

I interrupted her by raising my hand in the air. " would you look at the time", I looked at my imaginary watch. "I heard they were having a sale on lives you should go and get one"

She was speechless as I smirked and walked away. By the end of the day my stomache cramps gave me hell. I was already annoyed by my best friend who wouldn't return any of my texts and calls. It had to be something dealing with his stepfather....

   When I finally made it home I took a relaxing bath and then I showered, after that I put on my best friends Blue - which is my favorite color by the way- hoodie and the black sweatpants I wear on my time of the month. Or as I like to call it. The week of hell.

   I wasn't hungry because on my cycle I hated to eat on the second day, but I eat like a wild animal on the last three days. Weird right?

    So I decided to take a power nap. I turned off my phone annoyed by my unanswered texts or calls. I put on my stereo and played all my favorite HSM songs. I started with bop to the top by Sharpay and Ryan because, why not? They were my favorites characters. Think about it if there was no Sharpay and Ryan High school musical would be a lot less entertaining.

   I remember trying to get me and moon to dress up as sharpay and Ryan for Halloween. But he said and I quote " Hell no, I wouldn't be caught dead in that costume" so we settled on Batman and batgirl. 

   I snuggled in my covers and before I knew it, I was drifting off into a deep sleep.
        ***************************

"Wake up Star" I heard moon's voice saying.  I yawned tiredly as I sat up and crossed  my legs. Moon positioned himself across from sitting cross legged as well.

   I gave him a glare and puffed air out of my cheeks out of annoyance. He chuckled at me causing me to hit his leg. He caught my hand just in time and laced his fingers through mine. I blushed.

   "Why are you mad at me Best friend?" He asked rubbing circles on my palm. I swallowed nervously. His skin was so warm and the little circles he was making on my hand made me hold my breath. I was so distracted. I was at a loss of words.

Focus! I thought to myself. " why weren't you at school today. You left me all alone and you never answered my texts and calls!" I grumbled hitting his shoulder with my free hand.

    He frowned at me and then kissed my hand. My stomach did the perfect gymnastics routine that stuck the landing.  I inhaled sharply and bit my lip. I wonder how his lips would feel against mine. They're so pink and plump. So juicy.

    I shook my head scolding myself in my mind. "I'm sorry beautiful" is what he said giving me a sad smile. Who could stay mad at him? Not me." It's okay I love you" I say rubbing the  soft skin of his cheek . He closed his eyes and took and deep breath as I did this. When he opened them I suddenly forgot how to breath.

   He had so much intensity in his eyes, so much emotion he could bottle it up and sell it on eBay. He looked at me in a way I couldn't  describe. I felt like Jurassic park was having a field day in my stomach. 

"Can we try something?" He asks me only in a whisper. 

I only nodded afraid my voice would resemble Mariah Carey's in 2017.

He gently grabbed my waist and sat me upon his lap, my legs on either side of him. His body was hard and warm. I was sure I felt my heart hiccup in my chest. I wrapped my legs around him impatiently.

He held my waist and just smiled at me . I felt so happy when he smiled. When he smiles nothing in the world could bring me down.

I wrapped my arms around his neck making us only closer. He smirked and let out a deep breath. I felt like the planet of the apes and Jurassic park was having a party in my stomach right now.

I bit my lip and by the looks on Moon's face. I probably shouldn't have.

I grinned bashfuly and put my head down. He immediately held my head up with his big hand making me look straight into those eyes.

Those eyes should be illegal.

I sucked in a breath overwhelmed by his beauty. What I said next was " you're so beautiful Xavier" I wasn't thinking when I said it but I didn't care.

He laughed loudly clutching my waist tighter. Causing me to smile. He poked my dimple. "Thank You you're not so bad yourself " I blushed and hit his arm. He laughed loudly setting my head on his chest.

I laid against it and felt like I was on cloud 99. Not 9 but 99.

The beating of his heart made my ears shout for joy the reaction my body has to him is undeniable. When he's next to me my body can sense it. It knows when Moon is here. My brain and especially my heart.

I loved this boy like crazy.

"Star?" I heard him call my name. I looked up at his nose because his eyes would kill me. "Yes?" I answered.  "Remember when I said I wanted to try something?"  I nodded.

"Can I kiss you?"

I died.

I couldn't breathe, I wanted to scream cry, laugh, jump for joy and fly at the same time. But I only nodded slowly but surely.

Blue held my face in his hands, and I  closed my eyes on instinct. I waited for his lips to meet mine.

But It never came.

"Wake up Sierra" I heard my ma's voice say as she shakes me gently. "I'm up" I mumbled. Xavier is downstairs I'll tell him your awake" "ok".

I groaned, it was just a dream. My heart sunk to my stomach. It wasn't  real.  He would never ask to kiss me.  Why would I even dream for something like that to happen? I shook my head at my stupidity. 

I am pathetic..

My room door is opened and I see Moon walking in. He looks like he hasn't slept and  he has on the same thing from yesterday and he has bruises on his face.

He's still looks like an angel that ascended above the heavens though..

I ran to him wrapping my arms around his waist tightly. "I was so worried about you what happened"? He chuckled dryly.  "I'm okay babygirl thank you for worrying about me" my heart fluttered at his endearment. "I'll always worry about you" I tell him honestly.

I walked him over to the bed and  we sat on the edge. I held his hand tightly.  It made me feel sad was that he didn't hold my hand as tight. He's really upset. I know my best friend. He's staring blankly on the floor no emotion in his face.

He has bad news.

"Tell me what's wrong" I urged him. He sighed and looked at me with a sad smile. I furrowed my eyebrows at him. "Tell me"

He took a deep breath and said. "I punched Frank yesterday and then we kinda fought".  I gasped and grabbed his hand tighter.

"My mom heard the ruckus and she came in and stopped the fight. I nodded for him to continue. "Frank wanted to call the cops on me for class harassing him" he said in a mocking voice.

"And?" I asked impatiently.

He sighed" they agreed to not call the cops, unless I go off to military school" I stopped breathing altogether.

His lip curled in disgust.  "I punched him because he called my mom his favorite whore" he gripped my hand anger seeping through my veins.

"I told her but, she didn't believe me. I'm the one who actually loves her not him!" He barked while gripping my hand harder.

"So they enrolled me in military school" he mumbled.

"When are you leaving" the words tasted bitter on my tongue. 

"This Friday" he whispers.

Was the last thing I heard before I passed out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.3K 1.1K 35
"Are you stalking me?" His deep voice asked. "You wish, that would mean I actually thought about you enough to wonder where you are." I looked away...
494 63 12
-Let's get this straight. From a dead end job to a useless crazy ex boyfriend- my happiness is with my best friend yet the fear of our relationship e...
4.5K 132 52
I stripped off My clothes and got in the shower. Then, I herd a loud gunshot. I grabbed a robe off the bathroom rack and put it on. I went downstairs...
222K 6.7K 37
How can I fly away from him when he is the one that clipped my wings? Girl meets boy. Boy and girl become childhood friends. Girl and boy fall in lov...